Economy improving

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
May 10, 2007
Economy improving, leading indicators say - Economic Report - MarketWatch

The U.S. economy is expected to improve early this year, though global conditions present a risk, the Conference Board said Thursday as it reported a gain in its index of leading economic indicators.

The private research group’s leading economic index rose 0.4% in December, led by the interest-rate spread. In November, the index rose 0.2%. The LEI’s a weighted gauge of 10 indicators that are designed to signal business cycle peaks and troughs.

Last edited:
The economy has been so-called improving since June of 2009......

Yes, Obama need to run on his economic record

85% fully employed, first ever credit downgrade, record debt and deficits that can only be expressed in scientific notation and no budget in over 1,000 days

The U.S. economy is expected to improve early this year, though global conditions present a risk, the Conference Board said Thursday as it reported a gain in its index of leading economic indicators.

The private research group’s leading economic index rose 0.4% in December, led by the interest-rate spread. In November, the index rose 0.2%. The LEI’s a weighted gauge of 10 indicators that are designed to signal business cycle peaks and troughs.

Which is it? Is it improving? Or is it expected to improve? They are completely different issues.
More guessing. When we see real GDP growth, about 5% and good employement numbers, 250k plus than it will be truly improving.

Which is it? Is it improving? Or is it expected to improve? They are completely different issues.
More guessing. When we see real GDP growth, about 5% and good employement numbers, 250k plus than it will be truly improving.

Don't you know that everything TDM posts is a "cold hard fact?" How dare you question her biased thinking process. LOL

Don't you know that everything TDM posts is a "cold hard fact?" How dare you question her biased thinking process. LOL

Oh I know. She created a thread just in my honor.
I still would like an answer to the question though. What can I say, I am a gluton for punishment.

Yeah Right. that's why Bernake is keeping the interest rates artivically low..

Suppressing interest rates for three more years is telling of the quagmire that we're in. That can happen for only so long in the pressure cooker. We're already seeing higher inflation manifest itself in groceries, clothing, and other commodities.

I sure hope it takes off....all the indicators show that this could be a good summer for the american economy and job market.....PLEASE LET IT HAPPEN :eusa_pray:

Now that the stimulus is done and the govt has no more money to tinker with the economic balance I think it be a good summer.

Suppressing interest rates for three more years is telling of the quagmire that we're in. That can happen for only so long in the pressure cooker. We're already seeing higher inflation manifest itself in groceries, clothing, and other commodities.

Building the next, and perhaps final bubble. The currency bubble. Remember how quick these measures smoothed out the fall of bubbles past? NASDAQ, for instance (Im certainly simplifying here). They can't prop it up any more and it is showing.

I wish you guys cared more about this country than your damned party

I sure hope it takes off....all the indicators show that this could be a good summer for the american economy and job market.....PLEASE LET IT HAPPEN :eusa_pray:

Now that the stimulus is done and the govt has no more money to tinker with the economic balance I think it be a good summer.

I wish you guys cared more about this country than your damned party

:eusa_eh:

grow up.

Yes you remembered to pretend you care more about country than party.

Good for you

Forum List

Back