Economy improving

Problem for you is that real estate is still in the gutter. 2011 was a record all time low for new home sales. Sales in general are still pathetic.

The only reason parts of our economy are inching in "growth" is that Republicans have deadlocked what used to be an all Dem congress. Preventing them from continuing to implement policies aimed at destroying our economy, has at least stopped the downward spiral. We're not going to have real growth of any significance until the Dems are thrown out of office, either Congress or the White House or both.

Home sales hit 11-month high | Reuters

WASHINGTON | Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:52pm EST

(Reuters) - Home sales hit an 11-month high in December and the number of properties on the market was the fewest in nearly seven years, pointing to a nascent recovery in the housing sector.

The National Association of Realtors said on Friday existing home sales increased 5 percent to an annual rate of 4.61 million units, with all four of the nation's regions recording gains.

Sales of both multifamily and single-family homes rose.

Like I said in the first post I made in this thread

Economy improving, leading indicators say - Economic Report - MarketWatch

The U.S. economy is expected to improve early this year, though global conditions present a risk, the Conference Board said Thursday as it reported a gain in its index of leading economic indicators.

The private research group’s leading economic index rose 0.4% in December, led by the interest-rate spread. In November, the index rose 0.2%. The LEI’s a weighted gauge of 10 indicators that are designed to signal business cycle peaks and troughs.

I sure hope it takes off....all the indicators show that this could be a good summer for the american economy and job market.....PLEASE LET IT HAPPEN :eusa_pray:

Now that the stimulus is done and the govt has no more money to tinker with the economic balance I think it be a good summer.

Now you need to apologise to me for claiming you dont deny good econonic news.

I proved you do

Economists agree: Stimulus created nearly 3 million jobs - USATODAY.com

Eighteen months later, the consensus among economists is that the stimulus worked in staving off a rerun of the 1930s. But the spending's impact was dwarfed by other crisis-fighting tools deployed by the Bush and Obama administrations, including costly efforts to stabilize crippled banks and the Fed's unconventional monetary policy.

Economist say it worked.

ONLY partisan hacks claim it did not

One more time, are there more or less jobs, overall, today then there were when obama took over?

The facts say there are less jobs today.

How about the US population, did it grow or shrink at the same time? It grew

More citizens + fewer total jobs = no success yet

why do you scrape and scamble to find ways to deny the economy is improving?

Why are you not acknowledging the actual numbers, I acknowledge the indicators yet you can't bring yourself to be honest about the last 3 years.

Now you need to apologise to me for claiming you dont deny good econonic news.

I proved you do

What is "econonic news"? :dunno:

TM contends that I don't acknowledge good economic news when I see it.....just ignore my first post in this thread and my re-quote at the top of the page ;)

She thinks she proved that this is true but, as usual, she didn't find any honest instances yet.

Good economic news would be GDP Growth and Net Job Growth

You deny that the stimulus worked.

Why do you do that when the economists say it did?

You people have no integrity.

Proof is given like you requested and what do you do?

Deny it

You are small and petty people who should not be turned to for any type of honest advice.

You lie and deny whenever it suits you

Economists agree: Stimulus created nearly 3 million jobs - USATODAY.com

This is news, it is good news for the economy.

You deny it

From your own link...
It's impossible to determine precisely how many jobs or how much growth the stimulus program caused. In a nearly $14 trillion economy, economists can't go employer to employer counting new hires. And there are too many moving parts to confidently link any single factor with individual hiring decisions.

Among the 10 indicators that make up the LEI, seven made positive contributions in December: interest-rate spread, jobless claims, manufacturing hours, stock prices, a new orders index, manufacturers’ new orders for nondefense capital goods excluding aircraft, and manufacturers’ new orders for consumer goods and materials.

the article said it wasnt just future

what is the title of the article?

What is the title of YOUR thread?

and out right lie.

The U.S. economy is expected to improve early this year, though global conditions present a risk, the Conference Board said Thursday as it reported a gain in its index of leading economic indicators.

The private research group’s leading economic index rose 0.4% in December, led by the interest-rate spread. In November, the index rose 0.2%. The LEI’s a weighted gauge of 10 indicators that are designed to signal business cycle peaks and troughs.
With new home purchases at their LOWEST LEVELS EVER?....
Deal with that.

Yeah Right. that's why Bernake is keeping the interest rates artivically low..

Suppressing interest rates for three more years is telling of the quagmire that we're in. That can happen for only so long in the pressure cooker. We're already seeing higher inflation manifest itself in groceries, clothing, and other commodities.
Yes. I keep saying that interest should be permitted to rise.
The federal reserve is manipulating the marketplace. This is the wrong thing to do.

I wish you guys cared more about this country than your damned party

Not party. The health of the nation.
The fact is we have heard/seen all the rhetoric we care to absorb.
Fact, your side has accused Obama criticizers as racist.
Fact, your side has accused your opposition of wanting the country to fail, No we wanted Obama's policies to fail because they quite frankly are not in the best interest of the people. Rather, they are in the best interest of Obama's administration.
The fact is you a typical liberal Obama sycophant are clinging desperately to the hope that there are just enough people blinded by loyalty to Obama and the democrat party, to give this guy another 4 years.
Fact, this country and the people cannot afford another Obama term. We won't have it.
Now, the silver lining is should Obama somehow be re-elected he will be facing the prospect of a GOP controlled House and Senate.

I heard the news on the radio today...
WABC radio NY...
News on the economy today was not very good...
More new people filed for unemployment then expected.
And some pretty bad news on new home sales...
Was only paying part attention since I was driving but the gist of it was not very good....

Of course the MSNBC crowd tonight will be just jumping for joy that the economy is doing great.

Forum List

Back