Economy Adds 180,000 Jobs, Unemployment Dips

I know where this half-back flanker gets his RSR from....Dolly's hat on....dolly's hat off....dolly's hat on...aw, poor dollies sick!

Never mind Crayons, methinks the poor inbred prick failed plasticine
and went straight to finger-painting with his own shit in some "special" school down in Joe-Ja. :rofl:

Whenever I see the Bush haters in a snit - I know the good news is getting to them

No snit here RSR, just a sense of resignation. The US economy is in trouble but Bush, true to his psychopathology, won't acknowledge it and has no idea what to do about it anyway.

DO explain. We were in the onset of recession when Bush took office due to his predecessor taxing us half to death. He managed to stave it off, and handled the economic crisis 9/11 could have brought on masterfully.

The only thing destroying our economy is corporate greed. Surely you are not going to blame capitalism without constraint solely on Bush?

and how long have people been bellowing their doom and gloom message?

For about six years

So far they have been wrong everytime

The amazing thing about "doom and gloomers" is they only have to be right once to convince themselves that they were "right all along". Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

DO explain. We were in the onset of recession when Bush took office due to his predecessor taxing us half to death. He managed to stave it off, and handled the economic crisis 9/11 could have brought on masterfully.

9/11 - in economic terms - was a mosquite bite. It didn't attack the fundamentals of the US economy. I'm open, of course to correction on that.

The only thing destroying our economy is corporate greed. Surely you are not going to blame capitalism without constraint solely on Bush?

Now, if I had the brains to identify what's destroying your economy I'd be typing this in my mansion in....oh...wherever in the world I wanted to live. I don't so I'm not.

Yes corporate greed is probably one of the factors, capitalism has to be restrained or it simply runs rampant, the blind giant of avarice won't be stopped. IF - and I don't know this is so, which is why I used the big IF - Bush has loosened the already slack controls on corporate greed then he has something to answer for. I think his tax cuts were ridiculous and helped create the biggest budget deficit in the history of your nation. Aside from those points, which are admittedly obvious, I'm not sure what authority a president has to, as one of our better Treasurers here once said, "pull the levers" of the economy. I presume that Bush presided over policy meetings dealing with economic policy?

The amazing thing about "doom and gloomers" is they only have to be right once to convince themselves that they were "right all along". Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

I don't usually bite on posts that state the obvious and which are ineffectual but I'll make an exception because your post seems typical of those people who either don't know the US economy is in trouble (which isn't your fault) or know but are so wedded to the party that they can't bring themselves to admit it. There might be another category so if you can think of one, please go ahead.

Now, as for the doom and gloomers. I know that economics is the dismal science and therefore professional economists (rather than pundits) might be the dismal scientists but I'd hardly call them doom and gloom merchants.

Whenever I see the Bush haters in a snit - I know the good news is getting to them

If you’re right, if that criminal ignoramus is actually in charge, and not just the MIC/capitalists glove-puppet that I suspect he is, then America, like Nazi Germany, fascist Italy, etc, needs bombing back to the Stone-age until it surrenders Herr Hickslur up to a world court.

If you can, cast you tiny reactionary rent-a-mind back to Germany’s premeditated and trumped-up attack on Poland that precipitated WW2. If we are to believe the then arch-colonists, Prance and Grate Britain - who had already gone to war with Germany a couple of times trying to contain its colonial aspirations - their casus belli for defending “poor little Poland” came from the pure altruism inherent in all capitalist cultures. :eusa_liar:

Sound familiar, Jethro?

But funnily, during the whole of WW2, not one shot was fired at Germany on behalf of the Poles by the Frogs or the Poms. In fact, in what became known as “The Phoney War,” they sat by and watched as Hitler AND Stalin (their ally) pitilessly crushed and carved up Poland between them.

Then, once the dust of war had settled, hardly anyone noticed that these faux defenders of freedom, and their shameless American pawn brokers, cynically sold out Poland to Stalin. This was part payment for Russia single-handedly beating the Krauts and saving America’s “ass” by keeping over a million Japs out of the Pacific War picketing Russia’s Siberian/Manchurian borders.

I won’t further deflate your massive, but groundless, ego by mentioning the millions more Japs who were too occupied in China - fighting "Chicoms" - to become involved in the Pacific War. Suffice to say that had they all been down in the Pacific you might be paddling around in a rice paddy now.

Seeing that America did precisely the same thing in Iraq and Afghanistan that Hitler did in Poland, not to mention to dozens of other countries since its inception, can you show just cause why America shouldn’t also be wiped off the map like Nazi Germany?

Especially seeing that Americas evil scheme for world domination goes back decades.

(Incidentally, how does this satanic plan stand bible wise? I'd love to hear Goofball twisting Haoli Stricture about slaying Amorites, Pherazites, and Jubusites to justify his evil regime(s) NAZI-like plan for world empire!)

I keep on hearing hysterical cries here about the collective guilt of Muslims and how they should be collectively punished for the crimes of “Al Qaeda” – a rabidly religious Arab group about the same size of one of America’s snake-handling Christian sects.

Meanwhile, millions of Iraqis, Afghans, and many other evil “mud people” are dead because, same as their “evil” Nazi counterparts, America’s ELECTED military juntas have criminally falsified casus belli to invade, occupy, and carpet-bag INNOCENT countries. This “crime against humanity,” according to the American dominated Nuremberg trials, is the most heinous crime known to man and entitles any nation to attack the guilty party.

So ya see you, Jethro, and your Bush loving buddies here, are no better than the Nazi vermin that you publicly condemn but secretly admire.

However I wish you no harm. I just hope that one day some big black Abdul Abulbul Amir indents your turd too! :shock: :shock:

Song Lyrics:
Abdul Abulbul Amir
by Percy French
as performed by Frank Crumit

In the harems of Egypt it's good to behold
The fairest of harlots appear,
But the fairest, a Greek
Was owned by a sheik!
Named Abdul Abulbul Amir!

A traveling brothel came into the town
Run by a pimp from afar
Whose great reputation
Had traveled the nation:
'Twas Ivan Skidavitsky Skavar!

Abdul the Bulbul arrived with his bride
A prize whose eyes shone like a star
He claimed he could prong
More ***** with his dong
Than Ivan Skidavitsky Skavar!

A day was arranged for the spectacle great;
A visit was planned by the Czar!
And the curbs were all lined
With harlots reclined
in honour of Ivan Skavar!

They met on the track with their tools hanging slack
Dressed only in shoes and a leer,
Both were fast on the rise
But folks gasped at the size
Of Abdul Abulbul Amir!

The ***** were all shorn, and no rubbers adorned
The prongs of the pimp and the peer,
But the pimp's steady stroke
Soon left without hope
The chance of the Abulbul Amir!

They worked thru the night til the dawn's early light
The clamor was heard from afar
The multitudes came
To applaud the ball game
Of Abdul and Ivan Skavar!

When Ivan had finished, he turned to the Greek,
And laughed when she shivered in fear
She swallowed his pride,
He buggered the bride
Of Abdul Abulbul Amir!

When Ivan was done, and was wiping his gun,
He bent down to polish his gear;
He felt, up his ***,
A hard pecker pass;
'Twas Abdul Abulbul Amir!

The crowd loudly howled that it was a foul,
They were ordered to part, by the Czar,
But fast they were jammed;
The pecker was crammed
In Ivan Skidavitsky Skavar!

Now, the cream of the joke, when apart they were broke
Was laughed at for years by the Czar:
For Abdul the Bulbul
Left most of his tool
In Ivan Skidavitsky Skavar!

The fair Grecian maiden a sad vigil keeps
With a husband whose tastes have turned queer...
She longs for the dong
That once did belong
To Abdul Abulbul Amir!

I don't usually bite on posts that state the obvious and which are ineffectual but I'll make an exception because your post seems typical of those people who either don't know the US economy is in trouble (which isn't your fault) or know but are so wedded to the party that they can't bring themselves to admit it. There might be another category so if you can think of one, please go ahead.

Now, as for the doom and gloomers. I know that economics is the dismal science and therefore professional economists (rather than pundits) might be the dismal scientists but I'd hardly call them doom and gloom merchants.

Let me put it this way. I will no longer vote for any person who doesn't support a balanced budget amendment. Are you going to tell me that a Congress who promised "pay as you go" then violated that promise with their first law passed is going to give us that? Your "fix" for the economy is worse than the problem.

9/11 - in economic terms - was a mosquite bite. It didn't attack the fundamentals of the US economy. I'm open, of course to correction on that.

Now, if I had the brains to identify what's destroying your economy I'd be typing this in my mansion in....oh...wherever in the world I wanted to live. I don't so I'm not.

Yes corporate greed is probably one of the factors, capitalism has to be restrained or it simply runs rampant, the blind giant of avarice won't be stopped. IF - and I don't know this is so, which is why I used the big IF - Bush has loosened the already slack controls on corporate greed then he has something to answer for. I think his tax cuts were ridiculous and helped create the biggest budget deficit in the history of your nation. Aside from those points, which are admittedly obvious, I'm not sure what authority a president has to, as one of our better Treasurers here once said, "pull the levers" of the economy. I presume that Bush presided over policy meetings dealing with economic policy?

9-11 was a $1 Trillion hit in the US economy. The economy damn near went into recession - which is what the terrorists wanted

There is nothing wrong with corporate greed - as long as no laws are broken. There is nothing worng with a company (or owner) wanting as much business as possible and wanting to make as much profit as possible

It is called capitalism

I'm guessing at my memory here, but IIRC, wall street got shut down lock, stick and barrel to keep panic investors from doing what they do (panicking). A run on wall street could have created a serious problem.

Since it didn't happen, that is speculation, of course.

Okay ... IMO rampant corporate greed is THE biggest problem with our economy. It affects it negatively at ever level except profit for the corporation.

Bush's tax cuts put some cash in consumer pockets and is what staved off the recession Clinton keeping his hand on our wallets for 8 years brought on. When it comes to whether or not I work my ass off all week for a little pocket change, or have some decent money to spend, I could care less what "balancing the budget" looks like on paper.

Let me go through DC with a calculator and trim up the bureacracy a bit and guarantee you I can balance the budget and I'd start with Congressional perks and paychecks.

I'd say the authority the President has is the fact he's going to get blamed for it if it screws up. If you're going to question his authority and what play he actually has, then you also have to question your pointing a finger at him and holding him responsible if he does not have the authority to handle the responsibility.

There is nothing wrong with greed as long no laws are broken

It would be easy to balance the budget by getting rids of not only the perks, but alot of the government handouts

There is nothing wrong with greed as long no laws are broken

It would be easy to balance the budget by getting rids of not only the perks, but alot of the government handouts

When unchecked corporate greed becomes a suicide pact, it needs to be reigned in.

There ARE some people who need those handouts to exist. Are you going to put them on the street because some other people abuse the system?

The system can be fixed for the most part without putting those truly in need on the street.

When unchecked corporate greed becomes a suicide pact, it needs to be reigned in.

There ARE some people who need those handouts to exist. Are you going to put them on the street because some other people abuse the system?

The system can be fixed for the most part without putting those truly in need on the street.

As I said, as long as no laws are borken greed is fine. Who does want to have maximum sales, and maximum profits

Where did I say put people on the street. Libs ranted when Welfare refore became law - and the number on welfare went down - and they found jobs. We need more of that

As I said, as long as no laws are borken greed is fine. Who does want to have maximum sales, and maximum profits

Where did I say put people on the street. Libs ranted when Welfare refore became law - and the number on welfare went down - and they found jobs. We need more of that

Unchecked corporate greed is not fine. It's sent a lot of our jobs overseas, and destroyed the self-sufficiency/national integrity of this nation. When corproate greed is counterproductive to the existence and integrity of this nation, it needs to have checks and balances placed upon it.

It would be easy to balance the budget by getting rids of not only the perks, but alot of the government handouts.

You said it right here.

Unchecked corporate greed is not fine. It's sent a lot of our jobs overseas, and destroyed the self-sufficiency/national integrity of this nation. When corproate greed is counterproductive to the existence and integrity of this nation, it needs to have checks and balances placed upon it.

You said it right here.

How is greed bad - when no laws are broken? It is called capitalism Gunny - something you are defending with your service. If a compnay can reduce its costs by out sourcing why should they not do it?

Get rid of taxes on corporations (they do not pay them anyway) it would keep more companies in the US and more jobs

How is greed bad - when no laws are broken? It is called capitalism Gunny - something you are defending with your service. If a compnay can reduce its costs by out sourcing why should they not do it?

Get rid of taxes on corporations (they do not pay them anyway) it would keep more companies in the US and more jobs

Capitalism and unchecked corporate greed are not the same things.

How about those corporations do what's best for the country and take a hit to their bottom line billions in profit and make a half-billion less or so? Just how much past "never have to lift a finger to do a minute's work" does one need to be?

I'd quit taxing everyone that made less than 200K a year before I would corporate taxes. I'd raise the taxes on corporations that exported our jobs so high it wouldn't be worth it to them to leave.

Capitalism and unchecked corporate greed are not the same things.

How about those corporations do what's best for the country and take a hit to their bottom line billions in profit and make a half-billion less or so? Just how much past "never have to lift a finger to do a minute's work" does one need to be?

I'd quit taxing everyone that made less than 200K a year before I would corporate taxes. I'd raise the taxes on corporations that exported our jobs so high it wouldn't be worth it to them to leave.

You would be raising taxes on the customers of the companies not the company.

Any tax increases would be passed on to the customers or people would be laid off. Any added cost to doing business is simply passed on

You would be raising taxes on the customers of the companies not the company.

Any tax increases would be passed on to the customers or people would be laid off. Any added cost to doing business is simply passed on

Or consumers realize they can do just fine without that company's product, and it either lowers prices or goes under.

Or consumers realize they can do just fine without that company's product, and it either lowers prices or goes under.

Nice try, but it would not work

Most companies offer many different products and services

The bottom line is, any tax increase on business is not paid by the company

Forum List

Back