Economy Adds 180,000 Jobs, Unemployment Dips

Liberal media to the rescue

Washington Post Hails How 'Democrats Craft New Image' on Taxes
Posted by Tim Graham on April 23, 2007 - 07:10.
The headline on the top left of Monday's Washington Post is "Democrats Craft New Tax Rules, New Image." Reporter Lori Montgomery notes that House Democrats are "aiming to seize taxes from Republicans as a political issue" and want to change the alternative minimum tax (AMT) to fall more upon the rich.

Forget the AMT details for a minute, and let's not blame Montgomery for the headline writer's bias. But can you imagine the Post covering the Iraq surge with a headline like "White House Crafts New Iraq Strategy, New Image"? Isn't the creation of a new public image something that needs some media cooperation? In this case, the Post seems to be aiming to help Democrats craft a new image other than their very established tax-everything-that-moves image.

Montgomery notes that the Democrat proposal is "still in its preliminary stages" -- so what's it doing on the front page of the paper if it's so underbaked, except a little helpful attempt at Democrat image crafting? Turn inside to the paper's continuation on page A-4, and the headline is "Democrats Try to Shield Middle Class From Tax Meant for Wealthiest Americans."

There is some skepticism in the story from Republicans Reps. Paul Ryan and Jim McCrery, but the article is mostly reserved for the opinions of liberals and Democrats (some of them worried).

One crucial fact that Montgomery omits: who first installed the AMT? Which party always believes in punishing the rich with more taxes? It began in the Tax Reform Act of 1969, when Democrats ran both houses of Congress.

http://newsbusters.org/node/12232

Try reading s-l-o-w-l-y

The Bush economy is better in some areas then the Clinton economy

Try writing something. The keyboard has letters on it. If you hit the keys that represent the letters you can gather enough to make words. But first of course, you have to think. You do that by reading and then allowing your mind to mull over the major ideas that you've read. You process all that data consciously and then you come up with an idea. When you think a bit more about the idea it becomes crystallised in your mind. Then you can use that keyboard in front of you to make words and they appear in the forum.

But I suppose if you mind is only capable of running Tom and Jerry cartoon re-runs then you're limited to using your mouse - let's call him Jerry - to cut and paste someone else's ideas.

I know how distressing to the Bush haters and Clinton lovers to see how the Bush economy is equal to or better then Bill's

The liberal media is upset over the Dow and the good economy as well

GMA Speculates on Soaring Stocks: ‘Is Unstoppable Market Good or Bad?’
Posted by Scott Whitlock on April 23, 2007 - 12:13.
On Monday’s "Good Morning America," an ABC graphic about soaring stock prices proved, yet again, that there’s no positive economic story the media can’t spin downward:

ABC Graphic: "Will Dow Hit 13,000 Today? Is Unstoppable Market Good or Bad?"

The graphic ran underneath co-host Diane Sawyer and GMA financial contributor Mellody Hobson’s discussion over whether or not the Dow, which has been breaking records recently, is headed for a downturn.

Sawyer certainly seemed to think so. She began the program with this pessimistic tease:

Diane Sawyer: "This morning, your stocks are soaring higher than ever before in history. A new record today? But is this the thrill before the meltdown? What should you do this morning to protect your money?"

In the segment, which aired at 7:02am on April 23, Sawyer and Hobson continued to predict that the good times will soon be ending. In fact, the GMA co-host closed the report by instructing Americans to not "get greedy. It can’t last forever."

http://newsbusters.org/node/12240

Try writing something. The keyboard has letters on it. If you hit the keys that represent the letters you can gather enough to make words. But first of course, you have to think. You do that by reading and then allowing your mind to mull over the major ideas that you've read. You process all that data consciously and then you come up with an idea. When you think a bit more about the idea it becomes crystallised in your mind. Then you can use that keyboard in front of you to make words and they appear in the forum.

But I suppose if you mind is only capable of running Tom and Jerry cartoon re-runs then you're limited to using your mouse - let's call him Jerry - to cut and paste someone else's ideas.

oh...that is very very funny! :rofl:

More proof today, the US economy is strong and inflation is in check as the Dow hit another all time high

Damn, those tax cuts are the gift that keeps on giving

Dow Jones Industrial Average Cracks 13,000 for First Time, Buoyed By Corporate Profits

The Dow powered to a close above 13,000 for the first time and the broader market rose to its highest level in more than six years Wednesday, buoyed by a steady parade of strong profit reports and reassuring news on the economy.

The Dow Jones industrial average rose 135.95 points, or 1.05 percent, to end at 13,089.89. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index advanced 15.01 points, or 1.01 percent, to close at 1,495.42. The Nasdaq Composite Index gained 23.35 points, or 0.92 percent, to finish at 2,547.89.

Click here to visit FOXBusiness.com's Investing Center.

Standouts in the session included Alcoa Inc. (AA), up 5.2 percent after the world's largest aluminum company said it would consider selling its unit that makes Reynolds Wrap, and Amazon.com Inc. (AMZN), up 27 percent after the Internet retailer posted far stronger-than-expected profits.

A surprisingly strong durable goods report bolstered confidence in the outlook for business spending, while the Federal Reserve's Beige Book report said regional U.S. economies grew modestly while prices increases moderated.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,268287,00.html

Our President Bush was a highly successful businessman. That's why he understands how to make our economy prosper. He has borrowed 4 trillion dollars from China at very cheap rates of interest to finance our prosperity. And it has worked. China will buy all of our debt because they want us to buy their manufactured goods. Our President and Vice President understand that. So we can prime the pump for as long as we want. In other words, our President understands we can borrow into infinity and live the good life forever. The Democrat Party wants to "save" by raising taxes, which will only plunge our country into Depression.

Our President Bush was a highly successful businessman. That's why he understands how to make our economy prosper. He has borrowed 4 trillion dollars from China at very cheap rates of interest to finance our prosperity. And it has worked. China will buy all of our debt because they want us to buy their manufactured goods. Our President and Vice President understand that. So we can prime the pump for as long as we want. In other words, our President understands we can borrow into infinity and live the good life forever. The Democrat Party wants to "save" by raising taxes, which will only plunge our country into Depression.

How much has your 401K grown in the last six years?

that's a good month in Bushworld...it is about 70K less jobs than Clinton AVERAGED for eight straight years

Even IF that were true, so what? Trying to distract attention away for the sucess of the economy and the greatest story never told.

Your point is like someone pointing out that Lou Gehrig had a great year in 1927 hitting 49 home runs, then someone saying, that might be good for him, but Ruth hit 60 that year. SO WHAT? ITS ALL GOOD. (even though, as some have pointed out, Clintons sucess was largely on a bogus bubble that Bush had to make up for.)

Highly successful businessman? You're delusional. But you've made the claim, go ahead, prove it.

It's not actually but never mind. I mean if we look at the Dow. I've always thought, what does it really mean? It has two-fifths of sfa to do with the real economy, the Dow is just a gambling index. Consumers are spending - yep - on credit. Meanwhile the house of cards on which consumer credit is built - the real estate market - is about to slide into the ocean (pick one, Atlantic, Pacific, doesn't matter). The left is watching the Bush White House imploding.

But I still want the US economy to succeed. So does China, which owns the US economy.

They said the same thing about Japan in the 80's. Now Japan is not doing so well. Wasnt it you who said something about history repeating itself?

Not to mention, since the housing industry is leading the economy, and its not a bubble fake thing, they call it REAL estate for a reason, unlike dot com IPO's that proved to be worthless paper, and since the housing is leading the economy, many more jobs are created in that area than under clinton. What that means is a large portion of the jobs created go unreported because it has to do with construction work, whether it be illegals or no. I know, cuz I hired about 20 WHITE guys over the last two years to help me build my house, and guess what. Not a one filed taxes. In fact, several were collectintg unemployment. ALso, the WHITE guys proved to be, over and over and over again, unreliable, lazy thiefs. Not so the Guatamaleans.

Windfall? So now keeping the money you earn is a windfall

It is if you understand the meaning of the term.

In percentage terms you could be right, I don't know. In percentage terms who are the biggest winners in terms of the sum gained? Here's a clue, it's not the lowest wage earners.

The super-wealthy, in terms of their personal income, tend not to spend on consumer items when they get windfalls from tax breaks.

True.

I don't know if tax revenue is at record highs so I'll take your word for it. Whether it's due to tax cuts I don't know either. But there's another more important question. How's the spending rate of the government against its income? How big is the deficit now?[/QUOTE]

When taxes are increased, the govt gets a larger % of the money. The govt rarely produces anything, and that which they do produce is things like bridges and roads. They create mostly bogus jobs. The real economy is the private sector.
Tax increases slows the economy down, because the rich dont spend more money on things when they get a tax cut, THEY INVEST IT. Gates will not go out and buy a bigger house or car because MSFT gets a substantial tax cut, but he will invest it. The govt will spend it on something useless like funding a study on the El Segundo Blue Butterfly and its enviorment.

When taxes are lowered, investors have more money to invest and spend, then the GDP goes up and the revenues also go up.

The economy built of slow but steady growth is stronger than one built really fast.

They said the same thing about Japan in the 80's. Now Japan is not doing so well. Wasnt it you who said something about history repeating itself?

Not to mention, since the housing industry is leading the economy, and its not a bubble fake thing, they call it REAL estate for a reason, unlike dot com IPO's that proved to be worthless paper, and since the housing is leading the economy, many more jobs are created in that area than under clinton. What that means is a large portion of the jobs created go unreported because it has to do with construction work, whether it be illegals or no. I know, cuz I hired about 20 WHITE guys over the last two years to help me build my house, and guess what. Not a one filed taxes. In fact, several were collectintg unemployment. ALso, the WHITE guys proved to be, over and over and over again, unreliable, lazy thiefs. Not so the Guatamaleans.

On the economy - fine with me, believe what you wish.

On whites, Guatemalans, undocumented immigrants and so on. I won't get into that discussion because (a) it's a purely American issue which doesn't and won't affect me and (b) it's an arena for racist bullshit to start being sprayed around.

Even IF that were true, so what? Trying to distract attention away for the sucess of the economy and the greatest story never told.

Your point is like someone pointing out that Lou Gehrig had a great year in 1927 hitting 49 home runs, then someone saying, that might be good for him, but Ruth hit 60 that year. SO WHAT? ITS ALL GOOD. (even though, as some have pointed out, Clintons sucess was largely on a bogus bubble that Bush had to make up for.)

Libs cannot stand good economic news

The liberal media will find a way to try and turn good news into bad news

'Today' Pushes Class Warfare After Dow Breaks 13,000
Posted by Mark Finkelstein on April 26, 2007 - 10:27.
Producer of an MSM morning news show? Got a few minutes to fill at the end of your first half-hour? Why not resort to a tried-and-true winner: a bit of good old class warfare?

That was the "Today" formula this morning. Matt Lauer introduced the segment, enviously entitled "Share the Wealth?: The Rich Get Richer," fanning the flames of envy and resentment with this opener:

TODAY CO-HOST MATT LAUER: Do you feel like you're working harder and harder nowadays just to stay financially afloat while fat cats get richer and richer? It's not just a feeling, and you're not alone. The story now from from CNBC's Scott Cohn.

View video here.

"Fat cats," Matt? Like morning-show hosts pulling in $13 million a year?

Cut to Cohn, with footage of Richard David Story, editor of the magazine for American Express's "most elite cardmembers," holders of the black Centurion card. Amidst shots of mounds of jewelry and rich people being pampered, Cohn explained that Story "is on a constant quest for the glitziest, the most glamorous, for an audience that just keeps wanting more."
http://newsbusters.org/node/12323

'Fat Cat' Matt Whines 'Rich Get Richer'
Posted by Geoffrey Dickens on April 26, 2007 - 14:40.
Leave it to NBC's Today show to find the downside of a booming stock market. Playing the class envy card Today co-host Matt Lauer teased a story on a widening gap between rich and poor as he incredulously asked the audience: "Do you feel like you're working harder and harder these days just to stay financially afloat while fat cats get richer and richer?" Lauer, not exactly a pauper himself, then threw it to CNBC's Scott Cohn who claimed: "Not only are the rich getting richer they're leaving everyone else behind. In fact the last time the rich were this much richer than everyone else was the Great Depression."

Cohn did mention the wealthy are giving more to charity but only highlighted liberal billionaire Bill Gates' good deeds.

The following is the full story as it occurred on the April 26th Today show:

Matt Lauer: "Do you feel like you're working harder and harder these days just to stay financially afloat while fat cats get richer and richer? It's not just a feeling and you're not alone. The story now from CNBC's Scott Cohn."

[On screen headline: "Share the Wealth? The Rich Get Richer."]

Scott Cohn: "Richard David Story is feeling it. The editor-in-chief of American Express's magazine for its most elite card members. He's on a constant quest for the glitziest, glamorous. For an audience that just keeps wanting more."

Richard David Story, Departures magazine: "They're looking for that one perfect bottle of wine. They're looking for that one perfect not hotel room, not suite, that one perfect villa and they're extremely demanding right now."

Cohn: "They can afford to be with a record stock market and hedge funds creating a new crop of billionaires. But then there's the rest of us."

Man: "The rich do keep getting rich and the poor keep getting poorer."

Woman: "I can make ends meet but I have to think about it more."

Cohn: "Not only are the rich getting richer they're leaving everyone else behind. In fact the last time the rich were this much richer than everyone else was the Great Depression. A University of California study shows the top one percent of Americans now make 22 percent of the nation's income - their biggest piece of the pie since 1929. While middle-class Americans, by in large, are stuck. Rising energy prices cancelling out any increase in wages."

Robert Greenstein, Center On Budget and Policy Priorities: "It makes it harder to achieve the basics of the American dream for the millions of families that get up, work hard, play by the rules everyday."

Cohn: "Like a house. For all the talk of a slowdown the National Association of Realtors says homes are still less affordable as a percentage of family income than they were three years ago. Not that there's anything wrong with being rich and Richard David Story says he's writing more and more about the newest trend among the wealthy, philanthropy. Following the lead of billionaires like Bill Gates the rich getting so rich they have money to give away. For Today, Scott Cohn, NBC News, New York."
http://newsbusters.org/node/12336

The good economic news keeps coming in and libs will be depressed

I wonder if libs still want to screw things up with tax increases?

Construction Hiring Boosts March Jobs Report: Economy Adds 180,000 Jobs, Unemployment Dips
Friday, April 06, 2007

WASHINGTON — The U.S. economy added a stronger-than-expected 180,000 new jobs..............................
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,264520,00.html

"WOULD YOU LIKE FRIES WITH THAT?"

istockphoto_814716_french_fries.jpg

Febuary 4, 2005 Mary MORNIN (late fifties, divorce mother of three including a 'mentally challenged' son) told Bush that she was working three jobs.
Bush, "You work three jobs?

MS. MORNIN, "Three jobs, yes."

Bush, "Uniquely American, isn't it? I mean, that is fantastic that you're doing that. Get any sleep?"

bush_work_3_jobs.jpg

Forum List

Back