Eating with your left hand for CCW

yiostheoy

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2016
So tonight I was having a lite dinner at a rib and wing bar, watching Florida get crushed by Alabama on the big screens, and in comes 3 local boyz and I could see the imprint of the mouse gun in an inside the belt holster at 6 oclock (small of the back) of one of them as they all sat down 2 tables away from me. I could tell the other 2 were not armed however -- no imprinting at all.

I always pick my seat and table as far from the cash register as I can and still have a good view of the TV. Anybody trying to rob the place will need to get over to the register so I want to be as far away from it as I can be.

Anyway this led me to believe that I was not the only patron at this bar and grill who was packing heat.

I thought about that, and decided to clean off my right hand, and keep it clean, and start eating with my left hand only. Meanwhile the other guy started using both his hands on his chicken wings and pork ribs to feed his face.

Where I live in the Rocky Mountains about 10% of the people anywhere at any given time are packing heat at the moment. It is a fairly high percentage, although Alaska has the highest according to statistics.

I am one of the 1% who packs 100% of the time including under my pillow while I sleep at night.

If you pack in public, you should think about using your non-shooting hand to eat with.

Keep your shooting hand free and clean and ready to draw and shoot.

Drawing from concealment is slower than drawing from open carry. For me it takes about 1 second to do (one-thousand-one) from concealment with my shoulder holster for my full sized 45ACP. This takes practice to perfect.

And a thug is going to have the gun out or in his pocket with his hand on it if he tries to rob the place.

There is no time for you to wipe off your shooting hand before drawing.

And you should always be ready.

This is called hypervigilance.

Sometime I eat with my foot so that I have both my gun hands ready.

This tread puts me in the mood for a Clint Eastwood marathon. Will probably start with Jisey Wales.

Forum List

Back