Eating catfish is just as sinful as homosexuality

Will there be tatoos in heaven?

I knew a couple in TX. The woman was heavily tattooed...and the husband insisted she have them all removed because she would not be allowed into heaven with them on her body. Many painful surgeries later removing them (or most of them)..... they are divorced.

Oh no, there's no seat saved for me! I'll be in hell AND be eating crappy food!!!

I'll be there with the strippers and the Hennessy.

Classy good looking ones please..... None of the skanky ones.
:boobies:

---------------------------
Microsoft Internet Explorer:boobies:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to syrenn again.:boobies:
OK :boobies:

It's a commie plot to piss me off. :boobies:

First off, Leviticus is a manual for JEWISH PRIESTS........not Christians.

The majority of scholars agree that the Pentateuch probably received its final form during the Persian period (538-332 BCE).[14] Nevertheless, they also agree that Leviticus had a long period of growth, with many additions and editings, before reaching that form.[15]

The entire book of Leviticus is probably composed of Priestly literature.[16] Most scholars see chapters 1-16 (the Priestly code) and chapters 17-26 (the Holiness code) as the work of two related schools, but while the Holiness material employs the same technical terms as the Priestly code, it broadens their meaning from pure ritual to the theological and moral, turning the ritual of the Priestly code into a model for the relationship of Israel to God: as the tabernacle is made holy by the presence of Yahweh and kept apart from uncleanliness, so Yahweh will dwell among Israel when Israel is purified (made holy) and separated from other peoples.[17]

The ritual instructions in the Priestly code apparently grew from priests giving instruction and answering questions about ritual matters; the Holiness code (or H) used to be regarded as a separate document later incorporated into Leviticus, but it seems better to think of the Holiness authors as editors who worked with the Priestly code and actually produced Leviticus as we now have it.[18]

Book of Leviticus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As far as the 613 Mitzvot? Well, those are guidelines for keeping a community happy and healthy and growing. Why shouldn't you eat pork back then? Ever heard of trichinosis? Same with shellfish, because we all know that you shouldn't eat oysters except in months that have an "r" in them.

As far as the 7 Noahide or the 10 Commandments? Again........that is for everyone else who ISN'T Jewish, which is why there are so few of them.

Basically, those 2 groups of commandments are designed for the survival of the human race.

Thou shalt not have any Gods before me. Why? Because if you place your faith in something that is not eternal, it may fail you.

Thou shalt not make any graven idols. Again, see Commandment 1. If you worship objects, those objects can't help you.

Thou shalt not take the Lord's name in vain. Think about it........if someone disrespects your name, are you willing to help them? Remember who God is and be respectful.

Honor thy Father and thy Mother. Remember where you came from.

Thou shalt keep the Sabbath holy. Taking a day off each week reduces stress, especially if you spend some of it praying.

Thou shalt not murder. Don't kill an innocent.

Thou shalt not commit adultery. Why? If you sleep around with your neighbor's spouse, they're gonna wanna murder you.

Thou shalt not steal. Why? Same with adultery, if you steal something from someone, they may wish to kill you.

Thou shalt not bear false witness. Again, if you lie, someone may wish to harm or murder you.

Thou shalt not covet. Why? If you covet something from someone else, eventually, you may steal it or do worse.

I just find it interesting that so many good Christians don't know the reason why behind those commandments.

And........the 7 Noahide commandments are a condensed version of the 10 Commandments, even though they came first, guess God thought we needed a bit more clarification.

I'll be there with the strippers and the Hennessy.

Classy good looking ones please..... None of the skanky ones.
:boobies:

Microsoft Internet Explorer:boobies:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to syrenn again.:boobies:
OK :boobies:

It's a commie plot to piss me off. :boobies:

laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif

I knew a couple in TX. The woman was heavily tattooed...and the husband insisted she have them all removed because she would not be allowed into heaven with them on her body. Many painful surgeries later removing them (or most of them)..... they are divorced.

Ahh stupid people abound all over. But TX does seem to attract more than their natural allotment.

I was taught in the Assemblies of God that I would not go to heaven for going to movies.
Dancing was the same problem.

However now it is ok in the Assemblies of God.

Go figure.

11 When men strive together one with another, and the wife of the one draweth near for to deliver her husband out of the hand of him that smiteth him, and putteth forth her hand, and taketh him by the secrets: 12 Then thou shalt cut off her hand, thine eye shall not pity her.

Deuteronomy 25:11-12

If a man commits adultery with another man's wife--with the wife of his neighbor--both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death.

Leviticus 20:10

The God of the Bible also allows slavery, including selling your own daughter as a sex slave (Exodus 21:1-11), child abuse (Judges 11:29-40 and Isaiah 13:16), and bashing babies against rocks (Hosea 13:16 & Psalms 137:9).

(Deuteronomy 20:10-14)

As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace. If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor. But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town. When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town. But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you.

(Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

(2 Samuel 12:11-14 NAB)

Thus says the Lord: 'I will bring evil upon you out of your own house. I will take your wives [plural] while you live to see it, and will give them to your neighbor. He shall lie with your wives in broad daylight. You have done this deed in secret, but I will bring it about in the presence of all Israel, and with the sun looking down.'

Then David said to Nathan, "I have sinned against the Lord." Nathan answered David: "The Lord on his part has forgiven your sin: you shall not die. But since you have utterly spurned the Lord by this deed, the child born to you must surely die." [The child dies seven days later.]

Oh yeah...go by that book and go by it word for word. If not, you are not holy and if you only take out cedrtain passages, you are a sham.

Thats crazy, did we take our physical husk with us when we go to heaven or whatever?:confused:

Umm catfish have no scales they have skin similar to a salamander or eel.

Acts chapter 9 and 10 read it.

Why? Surely Gods word would not contradict itself?

No the bible does not contridict itself.

With the birth, death, and resurection of Jesus a new covnent was formed between God and man. The old rules and ceremonies are not needed anymore. We dont sacrifice animals for salvation, we dont need to restrict our diet or circumcise ourselves to stand out as God chosen people.

The blood of Christ that was applied to our hearts when we were saved is all we need to be considered Gods child.

Just one old hillbillies opinion. :evil:

Read it in the bible and weep folks.

Eating fish without scales is a sin.

Interesting how some churches have catfish dinners...

Guess they should have Homo day as well?

Nah!

Homos are way too boney.

Last edited:

I have been told that I can not go to heaven because I am tattoo heavy. That it yet another Bible quote taken out of context. So you know, It was a Pasteur Wife who told me that . Got me booted from teaching archery and everything. Shortly there after, her and the Pasteur got booted for DUI and possession of a controlled substance. Now I teach kids archery again.

I have been told that I can not go to heaven because I am tattoo heavy. That it yet another Bible quote taken out of context. So you know, It was a Pasteur Wife who told me that . Got me booted from teaching archery and everything. Shortly there after, her and the Pasteur got booted for DUI and possession of a controlled substance. Now I teach kids archery again.

Long story short on the woman: He husband was a biker...and died saving 3 drowning people from a frozen lake.... the people made it but he drowned. She was devastated. The biker group got her drunk one weekend and had her husbands life tattooed onto her back...It covered her whole back. It was long and painful having it removed.

Good to know you are back teaching :)

Acts chapter 9 and 10 read it.

Why? Surely Gods word would not contradict itself?

No the bible does not contridict itself.

With the birth, death, and resurection of Jesus a new covnent was formed between God and man. The old rules and ceremonies are not needed anymore. We dont sacrifice animals for salvation, we dont need to restrict our diet or circumcise ourselves to stand out as God chosen people.

The blood of Christ that was applied to our hearts when we were saved is all we need to be considered Gods child.

Just one old hillbillies opinion. :evil:

then why is the old testament still preached from extensively in christian churches?

Forum List

Back