Eating catfish is just as sinful as homosexuality

Show me where Jesus said anything negative about homosexuals.
Where is it?
I follow him and accept everyone regardless of their sexual orientation.
Believe what you want and I stand for that but do not come anywhere, anyplace wanting to deny law abiding citizens their rights with your religous beliefs.
Because when you do we are going to stop you.
If we can't stand up for the rights of those that may be different than us then how can anyone stand up for us when someone is trying to take our rights away?
Something about being AMERICAN.

Yes and no Gadawg.

In general, people are to respect committed relations between "spiritual husband and wife" however you wish to interpret who is spiritually committed as partners. I am okay if "spiritual husband and wife" turn out to be different races, religions, ages, or whatever maybe the case, as long as they respect the same level of committed spiritual relations.

Since "fornication" and "adultery" are clearly prohibited in the Bible,
the point is for people to reserve sexual relations for their spiritual partners within a mutual commitment.

Relationship abuse occurs when people do things outside the bounds of consent of one or both parties.
This includes pressuring or manipulating to coerce things that are not by true consent or informed consent.
This is so common, many people do not even recognize they are contributing to it, as we all have at times.

So whether homosexual or heterosexual, any sexual relations between people who are not committed spiritual partners would be equally a violation of spiritual laws.
So it depends on the case.

I believe this is consistent with the spirit of the Bible.
If people want to say there is no way that homosexual people can be joined by God,
it would be because the level of spiritual commitment is less than "husband and wife"
which makes them not spiritual partners. That is a private matter that can only be
known by the partners and God, so it is not for others to guess and certainly not the state.

NOTE: This does not have to be enforced in relation to God but can just be for practical reasons to avoid relationship abuse. Obviously, what cases constitute relationship abuse cannot be legislated or micromanaged/regulated by outside persons except where the damages violate criminal or civil laws by becoming an issue of personal or public safety.

Questioning or rejecting a couple as invalid is very common and not just a homosexual issue. People of different preferences, races, religions, ages, etc. have all suffered harassment and discrimination, even by friends and family, which technically violates civil laws against harassment. I don't agree with it, but it happens: families have rejected and abused their own either emotionally verbally or financially because of dating or marrying people they didn't recognize, regardless what the reason was, personal, racial or religious. Homosexual partners suffer these same abuses and wrongs, as any other partner the family does not approve or recognize. (I have even gotten flack, because my boyfriend is not Christian while I consider myself both secular gentile and Constitutionalist Christian, from people saying I should not be yoked with him or God would not permit that so I am going against God's will, etc. I was so devastated I threatened to renounce my Christian faith if it really teaches that! If my boyfriend and I are wrong for each other, it is because we are wrong for each other, not because of who is gentile and who is Christian.
I accept the fact we may not be spiritual partners, but it is not based on external reasons!)

I feel just as bad for the cases I read about couples who get married later, and have a legal normal relationship, but because the sexual relations started when one partner was underage, then the other partner was prosecuted under the law. That is just unfortunate.

Overall, I believe attention and resources are better focused on preventing relationship abuse of all kinds, and less on trying to dictate which relations are a problem based on any one factor as a rule. Abuses occur in any type relationship. That is the issue to avoid.

Thank you for your messages
Yours truly,
Emily

Last edited:
Read it in the bible and weep folks.

Eating fish without scales is a sin.

Interesting how some churches have catfish dinners...

Guess they should have Homo day as well?

(Laughs) True that the Bible warns against eating sea creatures without fins or scales or eating certain animals:

"You can eat any animal that has divided hoofs, completely split, and that re-chews food. ... You may eat anything in the water that has fins and scales, whether in sea or stream." - Leviticus chapter 11.

These verses are cautionary towards good health. You will note that creatures not permitted for human consumption in Leviticus are in fact laden with bad cholesterol which is bad for human health. While homosexuality and lesbianism are revolting, I speak against the lifestyle in terms of health:

Supposed your City informs you that it has bleached and properly cleansed the City's sewage pipes and henceforth will be using the cleansed sewage pipes to source drinking water to your household. Does the facts that the pipes have been bleached and cleansed make them completely free of toxins or acceptable routes to transport your drinking water?

Some die-hard bacterias will remain in pipes as well as the nasty stench from years of transporting stinky toxins! Those formal sewage pipes, though treated, will forever be health hazards.

The human exit is meant to transport waste materials that your body does not need and that are unhealthy to your health. Inserting the most vital human organ into this toxic exit is very unhealthy, since one is bound to ingest or absorb toxins. Likewise, women who insect objects into them risk contracting various infections.

Long and short: Stay away from the human exit. The a-hole is an exit pipe meant to rid your body of unwanted materials to help you develop a healthy lifestyle.

The front pipe also gets rid of toxic wastes does it not?

We should avoid it as well?

note: I do not do the rear pipe, Nor to I do the front pipe, well on ladies.....

I guess that is why that only the missionary position is approved for sex in most all christian churches?

so oral sex is just as bad as homosexuality?

Last edited:

note: I do not do the rear pipe, Nor to I do the front pipe, well on ladies.....

I guess that is why that only the missionary position is approved for sex in most all christian churches?

Actually, Poo is 95+% bacteria and disease. If you had to, you can drink your pee on the first pass.

WHAAAAA !!!!???? Dude, what church do you belong to ? Our Church out breeds the Latinos. And I dont remember the last time I made whoopie missionary. And aside from that, if the preacher came to may and recommended how I lay pipe he would get his ass beat. None of his business at all. Don't treat your partner like a piece of meat and you are fine.

What a husband and wife, of free will, decide to do in privacy of their bedroom is none of my business. I only hope they remember, for health sake, to keep all clean. The male sexual organ often naturally rid itself of concentrates from urinating, just as the female's naturally cleans itself of remnants from monthly flows or other discharges.

And as per Missionary Position: I wonder how this came about.

hortysir,

re: “I turn your attention to the teachings of Paul to the Romans:...14"

I assume that you are pointing out that the subject of the chapter from start to finish has to do with asceticism. Some in the church at Rome believed Christians should eat only vegetables. Paul calls these people “weak in the faith” (verses 1-2). The stronger in faith know they could also eat meat. Nothing in God’s law prescribes vegetarianism. The stronger in faith knew they were free from non-biblical asceticism. A part of the controversy that had sprung up between the weak and the strong Christians was the esteeming of days. In Rome some people had the pagan idea that on certain days certain foods should or should not be eaten. In this whole chapter Paul was just showing that others should not be offended, particularly weak members who have not yet learned the truth about the proper Christian diet and that they should not be judged by the stronger in the faith. This passage has nothing to do with clean versus unclean animals.

In Isaiah God speaks about “a rebellious people which walk in a way that is not good, after their own thoughts; a people that provoke Me to anger continually to My face,” (65:2,3). One of the reasons these people provoke the Lord is because they “eat swine’s flesh, and broth of unclean meat is in their pots,” (65:4).

Also, before the new heavens and new earth are established, God declares that He will consume those people “who eat swine’s flesh, detestable things, and mice” (Isa.66:17). The context of this prophecy is the end times, right before the new heaven and new earth. This would certainly seem to suggest that the Lord will still expect an obedience to His dietary laws.

There are all sorts of bizarre rules and words of advice and such - even in the New Testament. There is something about not giving charity to young widows or some such nonsense.

hortysir,

re: “I turn your attention to the teachings of Paul to the Romans:...14"

I assume that you are pointing out that the subject of the chapter from start to finish has to do with asceticism. Some in the church at Rome believed Christians should eat only vegetables. Paul calls these people “weak in the faith” (verses 1-2). The stronger in faith know they could also eat meat. Nothing in God’s law prescribes vegetarianism. The stronger in faith knew they were free from non-biblical asceticism. A part of the controversy that had sprung up between the weak and the strong Christians was the esteeming of days. In Rome some people had the pagan idea that on certain days certain foods should or should not be eaten. In this whole chapter Paul was just showing that others should not be offended, particularly weak members who have not yet learned the truth about the proper Christian diet and that they should not be judged by the stronger in the faith. This passage has nothing to do with clean versus unclean animals.
My opening remark about the splinter in my eye should have been a clue as to my point of rebuttal.
Paul's teaching was about putting stumbling blocks in others' paths and, yes, his teachings had everything to do with clean and unclean.

Fast-forward to Romans 14:14 -17
I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.
But if thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died.
Let not then your good be evil spoken of:
For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
:cool:

What a husband and wife, of free will, decide to do in privacy of their bedroom is none of my business. I only hope they remember, for health sake, to keep all clean. The male sexual organ often naturally rid itself of concentrates from urinating, just as the female's naturally cleans itself of remnants from monthly flows or other discharges.

And as per Missionary Position: I wonder how this came about.

I hear republicans like it doggie style so they can both keep watching Fox News.

How did we Americans get so twisted up about sex and morality? Simple.......anyone remember the Pilgrims? How's about the Salem Witch Trials?

As far as a "new covenant" because of Yeshua? Quick question for all you rabid Christians......what part of "God is Eternal", do you keep forgetting?

Might wanna check up on the definition of forever as well, because God told Abraham that He would bless his line of descendants FOREVER.

How did we Americans get so twisted up about sex and morality? Simple.......anyone remember the Pilgrims? How's about the Salem Witch Trials?

As far as a "new covenant" because of Yeshua? Quick question for all you rabid Christians......what part of "God is Eternal", do you keep forgetting?

Might wanna check up on the definition of forever as well, because God told Abraham that He would bless his line of descendants FOREVER.

Umm wasn't the founder of the muslims descended from Abraham?

I have not read every responce in this thread yet. However, I will respond with what I understad about what you can and can not eat....

Before Leviticus:

Gen 9:1 And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth.
Gen 9:2 And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered.
Gen 9:3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.
Gen 9:4 But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.
Gen 9:5 And surely your blood of your lives will I require; at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man.
Gen 9:6 Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.
Here God is saying that man can eat of anything except another human. All meat and green herb is given to man to eat.

After Leviticus:
Mar 7:15 There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man.
Mar 7:16 If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.
Mar 7:17 And when he was entered into the house from the people, his disciples asked him concerning the parable.
Mar 7:18 And he saith unto them, Are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entereth into the man, it cannot defile him;
Mar 7:19 Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats?
Mar 7:20 And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man.
Mar 7:21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
Mar 7:22 Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:
Mar 7:23 All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

Here Jesus is telling us that even if something is unclean and we eat it, it does not make us unclean. What makes us unclean is what is in our hearts, not what we eat. (This is also something to consider with homosexuality. Being gay is what is in one's heart, thus makes them unclean.)

Luk 10:8 And into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you, eat such things as are set before you:

They were told to eat whatever is set before them. If they go into a city where people eat what the Leviticus law says is unclean, they are still to eat it. This would mean that the Lord made the unclean clean.

Act 10:9 On the morrow, as they went on their journey, and drew nigh unto the city, Peter went up upon the housetop to pray about the sixth hour:
Act 10:10 And he became very hungry, and would have eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance,
Act 10:11 And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth:
Act 10:12 Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.
Act 10:13 And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat.
Act 10:14 But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.
Act 10:15 And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.
Act 10:16 This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven.
Act 10:17 Now while Peter doubted in himself what this vision which he had seen should mean, behold, the men which were sent from Cornelius had made enquiry for Simon's house, and stood before the gate,
Act 10:18 And called, and asked whether Simon, which was surnamed Peter, were lodged there.
Act 10:19 While Peter thought on the vision, the Spirit said unto him, Behold, three men seek thee.
Act 10:20 Arise therefore, and get thee down, and go with them, doubting nothing: for I have sent them.
Act 10:21 Then Peter went down to the men which were sent unto him from Cornelius; and said, Behold, I am he whom ye seek: what is the cause wherefore ye are come?
Act 10:22 And they said, Cornelius the centurion, a just man, and one that feareth God, and of good report among all the nation of the Jews, was warned from God by an holy angel to send for thee into his house, and to hear words of thee.
Act 10:23 Then called he them in, and lodged them. And on the morrow Peter went away with them, and certain brethren from Joppa accompanied him.
Act 10:24 And the morrow after they entered into Caesarea. And Cornelius waited for them, and had called together his kinsmen and near friends.
Act 10:25 And as Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him, and fell down at his feet, and worshipped him.
Act 10:26 But Peter took him up, saying, Stand up; I myself also am a man.
Act 10:27 And as he talked with him, he went in, and found many that were come together.
Act 10:28 And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.
Act 10:29 Therefore came I unto you without gainsaying, as soon as I was sent for: I ask therefore for what intent ye have sent for me?
--This is also continued in Chapter 11

Here we see that Peter came to the conclusion that the vison was telling him that the people who were comming to see him(gentiles) were no longer 'unclean' or 'common'. God had made them 'clean' so that Peter can keep company with them. In the vison, God made the meat clean so that Peter would be able to eat. Peter knew that if God had made meat clean so that he can eat of it, then God would make the Gentiles clean so that he can keep company with them.

Rom 14:13 Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.
Rom 14:14 I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.
Rom 14:15 But if thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died.
Rom 14:16 Let not then your good be evil spoken of:
Rom 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
Rom 14:18 For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men.
Rom 14:19 Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.
Rom 14:20 For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence.
Rom 14:21 It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.
Rom 14:22 Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.
Rom 14:23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Nothing is unclean of itself. It is only unclean if YOU believe it to be. If a brother believes something to be unclean then you treat it as if it is unclean in their presence even if you believe it is clean. You do this so as to not offend you brother.

By taking all these verses and studying on them, I have come to the conclusion that there are no unclean meat. The only unclean would be from what YOU consider to be unclean. If you eat without the faith that the meat is clean, then it would be unclean to you and therefor, to you, it is a sin to eat of it.

Rom 14:14 I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.

Last edited:
I have not read every responce in this thread yet. However, I will respond with what I understad about what you can and can not eat....

Before Leviticus:

Gen 9:1 And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth.
Gen 9:2 And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered.
Gen 9:3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.
Gen 9:4 But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.
Gen 9:5 And surely your blood of your lives will I require; at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man.
Gen 9:6 Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.
Here God is saying that man can eat of anything except another human. All meat and green herb is given to man to eat.

After Leviticus:
Mar 7:15 There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man.
Mar 7:16 If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.
Mar 7:17 And when he was entered into the house from the people, his disciples asked him concerning the parable.
Mar 7:18 And he saith unto them, Are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entereth into the man, it cannot defile him;
Mar 7:19 Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats?
Mar 7:20 And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man.
Mar 7:21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
Mar 7:22 Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:
Mar 7:23 All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

Here Jesus is telling us that even if something is unclean and we eat it, it does not make us unclean. What makes us unclean is what is in our hearts, not what we eat. (This is also something to consider with homosexuality. Being gay is what is in one's heart, thus makes them unclean.)

They were told to eat whatever is set before them. If they go into a city where people eat what the Leviticus law says is unclean, they are still to eat it. This would mean that the Lord made the unclean clean.

--This is also continued in Chapter 11

Here we see that Peter came to the conclusion that the vison was telling him that the people who were comming to see him(gentiles) were no longer 'unclean' or 'common'. God had made them 'clean' so that Peter can keep company with them. In the vison, God made the meat clean so that Peter would be able to eat. Peter knew that if God had made meat clean so that he can eat of it, then God would make the Gentiles clean so that he can keep company with them.

Rom 14:13 Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.
Rom 14:15 But if thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died.
Rom 14:16 Let not then your good be evil spoken of:
Rom 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
Rom 14:18 For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men.
Rom 14:19 Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.
Rom 14:20 For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence.
Rom 14:21 It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.
Rom 14:22 Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.
Rom 14:23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Nothing is unclean of itself. It is only unclean if YOU believe it to be. If a brother believes something to be unclean then you treat it as if it is unclean in their presence even if you believe it is clean. You do this so as to not offend you brother.

By taking all these verses and studying on them, I have come to the conclusion that there are no unclean meat. The only unclean would be from what YOU consider to be unclean. If you eat without the faith that the meat is clean, then it would be unclean to you and therefor, to you, it is a sin to eat of it.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Wonder how many will try to comprehend what you have here?

FWIW urine is essantially bacteria free.

As a field medic we were told that if we had no choice and needed to wash a wound off, we could use urine.

We were also adviced (sagely I think) that pissing on the wounded Marines while in combat might be hazardous to our health. (ya' think?!)

So if we had to wash a wound and we had no water, we ought to piss in a container first, and then use the urine to wash off the wounds.

Umm wasn't the founder of the muslims descended from Abraham?

Actually........no. Ishmael was the son of Abraham and his wife Sarah's servant. Issac was the son of Abraham and Sarah, and so therefore, it is Issac who has claim to the birthright.

Ishmael and his mother were eventually kicked out of the tribe, because she was trying to get Ishmael to get the birthright because he was born first, but since he wasn't a full son to Abraham, the birthright fell to Issac.

I believe the person you are referring to is Mohammed.

The religous kooks of that day labeled you an abomination and immoral for eating shellfish and catfish.
Those are the same kind of folks we have today condemning others and pointing fingers because of "The Bible says it" mentality.

Forum List

Back