Eating catfish is just as sinful as homosexuality

It just means shell fish may make you sick. It says abomination unto you. Not an abomination of GOD.

Leviticus 11:9-12 King James Version (KJV)
9 These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat.

10 And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:

11 They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination.

12 Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.

Umm catfish have no scales they have skin similar to a salamander or eel.

Acts chapter 9 and 10 read it.

For fish to be considered clean to eat they must have fins and scales. It is in Leviticus. I can't quote chapter and verse though.
the same book that says hosexuality is a sin as well.
And a sin is a sin.

Old testiment diet restrictions don't fully apply to christians.

And I'm not all that certain it was a sin in the first place. I think it was a more food warning than anything else.

They dont apply at all.

1 Timothy 4:3,

"Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from foods which God created to be received with thanks giving by those who believe and know the truth, For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanks giving. For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer".

Lots in the new testament dealing with this issue.

Romans 15:4

Galatians 3:24-25

Eating catfish is just as sinful as homosexuality

I wonder what the Jewish people have to say about this?

I dunno not many jewish hillbillies for me to ask around here.

Jillian is a Jewish hillbilly. Here's a recent picture of her:

istockphoto_12046330-happy-hillbilly-woman.jpg

Forum List

Back