Easter - ABC Style

again...please tell me how a Christian, whose children go to a school that changes the name of the december holiday from christmas vacation to winter vacation has their christmas holiday ruined by such an action?

Please tell me how such a name change impacts their celebration of the birth of Jesus in any way.

Simple question. You were the one who claimed that the name change ruined the holiday...I only ask you to explain the substance of that ruination.

it really is simple, RSR...quit stammering and tap dancing and avoiding answering it.... YOU said that the name change RUINED the HOLIDAY. I ask you to back up that claim with some proof that anyone had their holiday RUINED by such an action. I'll wait.

Libs only want to remove Christmas from the public view as to not to offend other Religions

It seem the parents of the kids in the schools where the liberal ACLU has used scare tactics to ban Christmas are upset and angry over spoiling the holiday

Libs only want to remove Christmas from the public view as to not to offend other Religions

It seem the parents of the kids in the schools where the liberal ACLU has used scare tactics to ban Christmas are upset and angry over spoiling the holiday

are you going to explain to me HOW that name change actually RUINS anyone's HOLIDAY or not?

I have

Your liberalism prevents you from understanding how

no ...you claim that some parents want to keep it called Christmas vacation, but you have not shown me how that change actually RUINS the HOLIDAY for anyone....

did families not get to go to church on Christmas eve because of the name change? did the change prevent them from putting up a christmas tree? did the change prevent them from carolling in their neighborhood? from opening presents?

How was it RUINED?

no ...you claim that some parents want to keep it called Christmas vacation, but you have not shown me how that change actually RUINS the HOLIDAY for anyone....

did families not get to go to church on Christmas eve because of the name change? did the change prevent them from putting up a christmas tree? did the change prevent them from carolling in their neighborhood? from opening presents?

How was it RUINED?

Here is another example - even though you will never get it

Libs using lawyers to scare people into their view of how things should be

http://card.wordpress.com/2006/12/01/santa-claus-deemed-too-religious-for-school-fundraiser/

A Christmas-themed event to raise money at a public elementary school in Warwick, N.Y., has been altered to accommodate a parent’s complaints that the program would illegally spotlight a “religious” figure - Santa Claus.

“Breakfast With Santa” has since been changed to “Winter Wonderland Breakfast,” and — in an effort to be inclusive of all beliefs — the bearded one will now be joined at the Dec. 9 event by Frosty the Snowman.

Organizers made the changes after one parent charged that she and others in the community were offended that the Parent Teacher Association at the Sanfordville Elementary School was sponsoring a program geared toward one religion.

That parent, who did not wish to have her name used, wrote a letter to the school board asserting that Santa represents Christmas — a Christian holiday — and by law, a public school is not allowed to promote religion.

According to the Warwick Advertiser, the PTA offered to include Hanukkah traditions in the event, but the parent said she felt this still wasn’t fair because it included religious activities.

“I look forward to sponsoring an event that is within the law and inclusive of all,” the parent wrote in a letter to the school superintendent, Dr. Frank Greenhall. “This is not an argument about religion; it is about the law of our land. Discrimination is simply detestable.”

Greenhall then contacted an attorney, who advised him in a letter that the district “should, at a minimum, modify the events to avoid potential litigation.”

The complainant suggested Frosty the Snowman as an alternative icon, and the school eventually agreed to have both Frosty and Santa.

Mike Johnson, senior legal counsel for the conservative Alliance Defense Fund, told Cybercast News Service the situation was “just absurd.”

“My general reaction is probably the same as 95 percent of Americans when they hear about something like this,” Johnson said. “It’s ridiculous that we have to think twice about whether it’s OK to celebrate Christmas in public.”

While acknowledging that Saint Nicholas, a Dutch bishop who had a reputation for giving gifts in secret, “clearly was the original figure that Santa is based upon,” he noted that “most people would recognize Santa Claus himself as a secular-type figure.”

“The underlying principle here is that the First Amendment does not guarantee any of us a right not to be offended,” Johnson said. “These radical leftist types are arguing that just because 95 percent of Americans, according to recent polling, celebrate Christmas, they ought not to have that right” since a person with a different view might object.

“There’s probably a small percentage of evangelical Christians in this country who don’t celebrate Halloween, but would any of these leftists argue that Christians have a right to ruin the party for everyone who wants to celebrate it?” Johnson asked. “Do they have the right to tell you that you can’t wish them a happy Halloween? Of course not.

“This is ultimately about religious liberty,” Johnson asserted. “Everyone’s rights and beliefs should be respected, and no one should be discriminated against.”

Darlene Baratto, who is chairing the PTA event, told the Advertiser that, since it falls on a Saturday and attendance is optional, no one is being discriminated against.

“We have a beautiful background people can have a picture in front of,” Baratto said. “That wasn’t good enough. We changed the name, colors, the background,” but that did not satisfy the complaining parent. “She was not open to anything. We’ll have 300 or so kids who are disappointed.”

Lisa Roca, another member of the breakfast committee, disputed the idea that Santa was anything but a secular character.

“Many churches try to take Santa out of Christmas because he is secular, not religious,” she told the newspaper. “Their Christmas plays have nothing to do with Santa.”

Catholic League President Bill Donohue called the events at the school an “exercise in tyranny.”

“There is nothing in the U.S. Constitution, of course, that bans ‘Breakfast with Santa’ from taking place in a public school,” Donohue said in a statement. “This has nothing to do with the law — it has everything to do with bowing to the pressure of bigots.”

A number of calls to the school and the PTA seeking comment for this article were not returned by press time.

you have shown where some people are upset at removing Christian dominated activities from public schools that are funded by tax dollars - many of which come from non-Christians.

I have never disputed that fact in the least.

It was YOU who claimed that changing the name of the december vacation
RUINED (your word) the HOLIDAY for everyone. I am still waiting for you quit your boring cutting and pasting that does not answer that question and use your own words to show me how that name change RUINED the HOLIDAY for ANYONE.....

obviously, you cannot do that, so I will continue to ask you for that information until you admit that your statement about the holiday being RUINED was in error.

you have shown where some people are upset at removing Christian dominated activities from public schools that are funded by tax dollars - many of which come from non-Christians.

I have never disputed that fact in the least.

It was YOU who claimed that changing the name of the december vacation
RUINED (your word) the HOLIDAY for everyone. I am still waiting for you quit your boring cutting and pasting that does not answer that question and use your own words to show me how that name change RUINED the HOLIDAY for ANYONE.....

obviously, you cannot do that, so I will continue to ask you for that information until you admit that your statement about the holiday being RUINED was in error.

Yes, it will destroy the basic foundations of America if kids are allowed to celebrate and say the word Christmas

Only to a pointy heade liberal is this the only way to celebrate Christmas - keep it to your yourself and never say the word Christmas

Other then that - enjoy the Wilter Solstice

Where is your proof that its LIBS that are doing this? Do you know their voting record or something?

I dont see the word LIB anywhere in that article. WTF are you talking about?

Here is another example - even though you will never get it

Libs using lawyers to scare people into their view of how things should be

http://card.wordpress.com/2006/12/01/santa-claus-deemed-too-religious-for-school-fundraiser/

A Christmas-themed event to raise money at a public elementary school in Warwick, N.Y., has been altered to accommodate a parent’s complaints that the program would illegally spotlight a “religious” figure - Santa Claus.

“Breakfast With Santa” has since been changed to “Winter Wonderland Breakfast,” and — in an effort to be inclusive of all beliefs — the bearded one will now be joined at the Dec. 9 event by Frosty the Snowman.

Organizers made the changes after one parent charged that she and others in the community were offended that the Parent Teacher Association at the Sanfordville Elementary School was sponsoring a program geared toward one religion.

That parent, who did not wish to have her name used, wrote a letter to the school board asserting that Santa represents Christmas — a Christian holiday — and by law, a public school is not allowed to promote religion.

According to the Warwick Advertiser, the PTA offered to include Hanukkah traditions in the event, but the parent said she felt this still wasn’t fair because it included religious activities.

“I look forward to sponsoring an event that is within the law and inclusive of all,” the parent wrote in a letter to the school superintendent, Dr. Frank Greenhall. “This is not an argument about religion; it is about the law of our land. Discrimination is simply detestable.”

Greenhall then contacted an attorney, who advised him in a letter that the district “should, at a minimum, modify the events to avoid potential litigation.”

The complainant suggested Frosty the Snowman as an alternative icon, and the school eventually agreed to have both Frosty and Santa.

Mike Johnson, senior legal counsel for the conservative Alliance Defense Fund, told Cybercast News Service the situation was “just absurd.”

“My general reaction is probably the same as 95 percent of Americans when they hear about something like this,” Johnson said. “It’s ridiculous that we have to think twice about whether it’s OK to celebrate Christmas in public.”

While acknowledging that Saint Nicholas, a Dutch bishop who had a reputation for giving gifts in secret, “clearly was the original figure that Santa is based upon,” he noted that “most people would recognize Santa Claus himself as a secular-type figure.”

“The underlying principle here is that the First Amendment does not guarantee any of us a right not to be offended,” Johnson said. “These radical leftist types are arguing that just because 95 percent of Americans, according to recent polling, celebrate Christmas, they ought not to have that right” since a person with a different view might object.

“There’s probably a small percentage of evangelical Christians in this country who don’t celebrate Halloween, but would any of these leftists argue that Christians have a right to ruin the party for everyone who wants to celebrate it?” Johnson asked. “Do they have the right to tell you that you can’t wish them a happy Halloween? Of course not.

“This is ultimately about religious liberty,” Johnson asserted. “Everyone’s rights and beliefs should be respected, and no one should be discriminated against.”

Darlene Baratto, who is chairing the PTA event, told the Advertiser that, since it falls on a Saturday and attendance is optional, no one is being discriminated against.

“We have a beautiful background people can have a picture in front of,” Baratto said. “That wasn’t good enough. We changed the name, colors, the background,” but that did not satisfy the complaining parent. “She was not open to anything. We’ll have 300 or so kids who are disappointed.”

Lisa Roca, another member of the breakfast committee, disputed the idea that Santa was anything but a secular character.

“Many churches try to take Santa out of Christmas because he is secular, not religious,” she told the newspaper. “Their Christmas plays have nothing to do with Santa.”

Catholic League President Bill Donohue called the events at the school an “exercise in tyranny.”

“There is nothing in the U.S. Constitution, of course, that bans ‘Breakfast with Santa’ from taking place in a public school,” Donohue said in a statement. “This has nothing to do with the law — it has everything to do with bowing to the pressure of bigots.”

A number of calls to the school and the PTA seeking comment for this article were not returned by press time.

Where is your proof that its LIBS that are doing this? Do you know their voting record or something?

I have posted many articles and what the ACLU is doing

Not good enough?

Or try this..............

In Pennsylvania, a school district and parents are arguing over whether or not to ban all Christmas celebrations, including the singing of Christmas carols.

In Colorado, the ACLU has threatened to sue a school district over Christmas celebrations, including the singing of "Jingle Bells." The ACLU claims that Jewish students don't feel "safe or welcome" in the school when Christmas is celebrated.

The school district is being defended by the Alliance Defense Fund (ADF). According to ADF lawyer Barry Arrington, "This is the same old ACLU ploy of fear, intimidation and disinformation." The ADF has launched a Christmas Project that provides legal information for schools facing ACLU threats. TVC has posted several links on this issue on our web site.

The attacks on Christmas are not limited to the ACLU. Corporations are now becoming "politically correct" and many are deleting any mention of Christmas in their advertising or stores. Instead, they are using words like "winter holiday" to describe the Christmas season.

In New York, public school officials are denying that Jesus was a real historical figure so they can ban Christmas!

A couple in Virginia recently started a web site to fight back against this anti-Christmas trend. The GrinchList.com site describes what companies are becoming politically correct and lists those that are still promoting Christmas. The mission of the site is to: expose [offending organizations] to the millions of consumers whose heritage is being expunged from the public cultural arena."

GrinchList founders Kirk and Amy McElwain, urge consumers to contact stores that have censored any mention of Christmas and to encourage corporations that have stood strong against the tide of political correctness.
http://www.traditionalvalues.org/modules.php?sid=1333

Yes, it will destroy the basic foundations of America if kids are allowed to celebrate and say the word Christmas

Only to a pointy heade liberal is this the only way to celebrate Christmas - keep it to your yourself and never say the word Christmas

Other then that - enjoy the Wilter Solstice

my kids say the word Christmas all the time...what ar eyou talking about?

Like I said.... my family celebrates Christmas in a huge way...and none of our celebrations revolve around the public school system.

Can you please just answer my question about how changing the name of the vacation RUINS the HOLIDAY?

my kids say the word Christmas all the time...what ar eyou talking about?

Like I said.... my family celebrates Christmas in a huge way...and none of our celebrations revolve around the public school system.

Can you please just answer my question about how changing the name of the vacation RUINS the HOLIDAY?

Can they do it school or at their work place?

Are you ignoring how the kook left and ACLU are attacking the holiday?

You keep ducking the point - Christmas is attacked every year

Can they do it school or at their work place?

Are you ignoring how the kook left and ACLU are attacking the holiday?

You keep ducking the point - Christmas is attacked every year

no...YOU keep ducking the point.... how does removing the trappings of Christianity from public places RUIN CHristmas?

YOu said that the changing of the holiday name RUINED the HOLIDAY...

I ahve yet to see you explain how that ruination happens.

no...YOU keep ducking the point.... how does removing the trappings of Christianity from public places RUIN CHristmas?

YOu said that the changing of the holiday name RUINED the HOLIDAY...

I ahve yet to see you explain how that ruination happens.

One more time for the dense one - how can you enjoy the holiday with all the symbols of the holiday removed?

No trees, no decorations, no cards, no carols, no parties, and you cannot mention the holiday

One more time for the dense one - how can you enjoy the holiday with all the symbols of the holiday removed?

No trees, no decorations, no cards, no carols, no parties, and you cannot mention the holiday

my house has a tree...my house has decorations.... I send out cards... I go carolling... I go to parties....the symbols are not removed from my LIFE...they are only removed from public buildings that are funded by the taxes of people who are not all christians.

I enjoy Christmas enormously! My enjoyment is not impacted in any way by the absence of christian iconography on public buildings.

and I say MERRY CHRISTMAS to every fellow Christian I see!

you have overdramatized your case and now cannot back it up. The changing of the vacation name RUINS the HOLIDAY for NO ONE!

my house has a tree...my house has decorations.... I send out cards... I go carolling... I go to parties....the symbols are not removed from my LIFE...they are only removed from public buildings that are funded by the taxes of people who are not all christians.

I enjoy Christmas enormously! My enjoyment is not impacted in any way by the absence of christian iconography on public buildings.

and I say MERRY CHRISTMAS to every fellow Christian I see!

you have overdramatized your case and now cannot back it up. The changing of the vacation name RUINS the HOLIDAY for NO ONE!

Not at all

In all my examples there is one common thread

Libs who are offended - sue

There are alot of things that offend me but I go not get a lwayer over it. For those who are offended over Christmas - to bad. Go on with your life and leave the rest of us alone

However. you have the super sensisitive left and the ACLU threatening schools, cities, and compamies to conform to their views on Christmas

Not at all

In all my examples there is one common thread

Libs who are offended - sue

There are alot of things that offend me but I go not get a lwayer over it. For those who are offended over Christmas - to bad. Go on with your life and leave the rest of us alone

However. you have the super sensisitive left and the ACLU threatening schools, cities, and compamies to conform to their views on Christmas

you have not made the case that the holiday is RUINED by any of that.

Will you be presenting that evidence anytime soon?

Forum List

Back