Easter - ABC Style

You are the most dense lib I have ever had the displeasure of meeting

Libs have to remove any references of God from the public view

Seems to me in your zeal, you are confusing secular progressives with liberals. Most of my extended family are liberals, Democrats, and go to church 3 times a week; which, probably is about three more times a week than YOU attend services.

Do you even know what the word "liberal" means, or what ideals it represents? I'm beginning to think not.

Seems to me in your zeal, you are confusing secular progressives with liberals. Most of my extended family are liberals, Democrats, and go to church 3 times a week; which, probably is about three more times a week than YOU attend services.

Do you even know what the word "liberal" means, or what ideals it represents? I'm beginning to think not.

exactly...I go to a very "liberal" church filled with "liberals". I am a deacon... I am on the church council...I sing in the chuch choir....

and he has YET to answer my question about how a school changing the name of a vacation period from "Christmas vacation" to "Winter vacation" "RUINS the HOLIDAY" for ANYBODY!

exactly...I go to a very "liberal" church filled with "liberals". I am a deacon... I am on the church council...I sing in the chuch choir....

and he has YET to answer my question about how a school changing the name of a vacation period from "Christmas vacation" to "Winter vacation" "RUINS the HOLIDAY" for ANYBODY!

Until he passed away, my grandfather was a Deacon, Superintendant of Sunday Schools, sang in the choir, and we went to Church twice on Sunday and on Wed evening. My mother currently still play the piano at church.

The problem is, secular progressives have managed to become a formidable part of the Democrat party, and RSR seems incapable of distinguishing between liberals, Democrats, and who makes up what.

He's the same about Republicans, calling anyone who doesn't bite hook, line and sinker on the party line neocon's and RINO's and who knows what else. And he says "moderate" like it's a dirty word.

RSR- You openly avoid his questions....... you reply with some type of Generalized LIB remark that doesnt even answer the questions ........ trying to engage you in intelligent debate and you wont do it. All you do is bash libs. .....Your credibility has fallen on this board with the number of posters ......

I am not a moderator, I am not a Judge, I am not self righteous enough to presume what i say is the 'be all, and end all' of a conversation. With that I begin.

When all RSR has done is memorize propaganda slogans, and White House talking points it should quickly become apparent that they don't hold up under scrutiny.

But when all he's ever done is memorize propaganda slogans, and White House talking points, it quickly becomes apparent he feels everyone is against him.

So they must be labelled. Its a type of brainwashing, "if you dont agree you are wrong, not me." it is strange to say the least, to actually bear witness to the idea that people actually listen faithfully without question to everything they are told.

Although, in his favor, RSR does defend himself, on occasion rather well. But like a large majority of the populace, they are afraid to think for themselves, and form an independant opinion, for fear of being labelled, a liberal perhaps?

I dont mean to be so blunt, but it's called ignorance, instead of actually discussing something (which is the idea here, I assume) The debate is ignored and RSR simply waits impatiently for his turn to 'cut and post' it is ineffective and really doesn't give any room for any personal or mental growth.

The point of this forum, is to discuss issues and have your opinions heard, and hopefully change peoples minds, or even (as unbelievable as it sounds to some) have your own mind changed.(which is acceptable, and even commendable in some cases)

"What we've got here is a failure to communicate, some men you just can't reach, which is the way he wants it, well he gets it."

RSR, we have had many disagreements, but i mean you no disrespect, I simply suggest you attempt to adopt broader points of view on things. Try to put yourself in another persons shoes, try a different perspective, and if you still feel the same, respectfully say, " I see your point, but i still disagree" instead of simply "I disagree, you are a liberal"

Until he passed away, my grandfather was a Deacon, Superintendant of Sunday Schools, sang in the choir, and we went to Church twice on Sunday and on Wed evening. My mother currently still play the piano at church.

The problem is, secular progressives have managed to become a formidable part of the Democrat party, and RSR seems incapable of distinguishing between liberals, Democrats, and who makes up what.

He's the same about Republicans, calling anyone who doesn't bite hook, line and sinker on the party line neocon's and RINO's and who knows what else. And he says "moderate" like it's a dirty word.

when secular progressives start telling me what I can and cannot do or say in chuch or in my home, I will be alarmed. If they only seek to take the iconography and trappings of christianity out of public places funded by an increasingly multi-ethnic and multi-faith population, I have NO problem with it whatsoever. I know that I will never let the fact that some school changes the name of the december vacation from christmas vacation to winter vaction RUIN my observance of the Christmas holiday in any way.

when secular progressives start telling me what I can and cannot do or say in chuch or in my home, I will be alarmed. If they only seek to take the iconography and trappings of christianity out of public places funded by an increasingly multi-ethnic and multi-faith population, I have NO problem with it whatsoever. I know that I will never let the fact that some school changes the name of the december vacation from christmas vacation to winter vaction RUIN my observance of the Christmas holiday in any way.

My problem with the secular progressive movement is when, in their overzealousness, they start removing things that have historical context just because they happen to be religious symbols, and attempt to remove the religious context from all things historical.

It doesn't affect me personally as I am a Baptist, and one of the tents of my particular denomination is we believe in zero iconography.

But I see the secular progessive movement as tyranny by the minority via judicial legislation. I don't agree with their cause, nor do I agree with their back-door tactics.

My problem with the secular progressive movement is when, in their overzealousness, they start removing things that have historical context just because they happen to be religious symbols, and attempt to remove the religious context from all things historical.

It doesn't affect me personally as I am a Baptist, and one of the tents of my particular denomination is we believe in zero iconography.

But I see the secular progessive movement as tyranny by the minority via judicial legislation. I don't agree with their cause, nor do I agree with their back-door tactics.

I don't necessarily agree with them, and my own personal faith requires no public iconography for its sustenance..... I just don't see enough meat on that bone to get worked up about. There are so many more important issues in life for me than whether or not the court house has the ten commandments posted.... or whether there is a creche in the town square... or whether the school district calls it christmas vacation or winter vacation.

RSR you are getting owned up and down by Maineman. You openly avoid his questions. He asks you a question and you reply with some type of Generalized LIB remark that doesnt even answer the questions he poses to you. MM is trying to engage you in intelligent debate and you wont do it. All you do is bash libs. You cant defend anything you say. Your credibility has fallen on this board with the number of posters who have called you out.

It is obvious even you dont believe the crap you spew because you cant even defend it. Go back and re-read the threads and look at your responses. It's laughable. You cannot even defend your own statements. The only thing you can do is attempt to find an article..most of them way too long that try to prove your points. You dont even bold anything in the article that may help to prove your point. At least Kathianne does that.

I have backed up all of my posts. When libs are unable to counter favts they fall back on the same old tactic. They attack the messenger and in=gnore the message

Seculars have no problem with other Religions openly expressing their faith - only Christians

Moderate is not a dirty word - they do not want to offend anyone and want to get along with everyone

I have backed up all of my posts. When libs are unable to counter favts they fall back on the same old tactic. They attack the messenger and in=gnore the message

the message is ridiculous. I ask you again: Please explain to me how a school district changing the name of the december vacation from "christmas vacation" to "winter vacation" RUINS THE HOLIDAY for ANYONE.

Please explain. You were the one who made that outlandish statement.... now use your own words to justify it. Tell me how the Christmas Holiday is RUINED by such a move.

the message is ridiculous. I ask you again: Please explain to me how a school district changing the name of the december vacation from "christmas vacation" to "winter vacation" RUINS THE HOLIDAY for ANYONE.

Please explain. You were the one who made that outlandish statement.... now use your own words to justify it. Tell me how the Christmas Holiday is RUINED by such a move.

Because you can't celebrate Chrstmas, you can't hand out Christmas cards, you cannot display a Christmas tree, you can't have a Christmas party, and the word Christmas is being slowly removed from the public view

Libs want to change the word Christmas to Holiday

Libs are upset someone will be offended

Of course, other Religions are exempt from this policy

I hand out xmas cards...

I display a xmas tree

I have and go to xmas parties

I see the word xmas in a whole bunch of places.

WTF are you talking about? I dont think you get laid at all do you?

Please provide PROOF that it is LIBERALS that are doing all of these things to our country. If you have already answered this question then please provide me a link because I cannot find it. I actually dont think you believe this crap. I think you are just stirring the pot to get a reaction.

Because you can't celebrate Chrstmas, you can't hand out Christmas cards, you cannot display a Christmas tree, you can't have a Christmas party, and the word Christmas is being slowly removed from the public view

Please answer the question: how does a school changing the name of the december vacation from Christmas Vacation to Winter Vacation RUIN the HOLIDAY for ANYONE?

and WHO cannot celebrate Christmas? WHO is stopped from handing out Christmas cards? WHO is stopped from displaying a Christmas Tree? WHO cannot have a Christmas party?

NONE of that happens. I celebrate Christmas. I hand out Christmas cards. I have a Christmas Tree and a Christmas party. What the fuck are you talking about?

I hand out xmas cards...

I display a xmas tree

I have and go to xmas parties

I see the word xmas in a whole bunch of places.

WTF are you talking about? I dont think you get laid at all do you?

Please provide PROOF that it is LIBERALS that are doing all of these things to our country. If you have already answered this question then please provide me a link because I cannot find it. I actually dont think you believe this crap. I think you are just stirring the pot to get a reaction.

There are a couple of psosts on this thread where the ACLU is taking schools to court over Chritams carols. Schools are removing the word Christmas from calendars as to not offend others.

ACLU has sued fire departments over displaying Christmas trees and lights INSIDE the fire house

Seattle-Tacoma Airport – The airport had brightened its atmosphere with several Christmas trees as it has done for decades. A rabbi threatened to sue, demanding that a menorah be included in the holiday décor. Rather than add a menorah, airport officials took down the Christmas trees. They said that all faiths and cultures in the Seattle area would have to be represented, or none. An airport spokesgrinch said the airport didn’t have time to play “cultural anthropologist” during its busiest time of the year. After intense public pressure and media scrutiny the airport revoked its own decision and has put the trees back up. However, in announcing the decision the Port of Seattle spokesman said (emphasis added), “We look forward to sitting down after the first of the year …to make sure there's an appropriate winter holiday representation for all faiths. We want to find out a way to celebrate the winter holidays that is sensitive to all faiths.” They still can’t bring themselves to embrace Christmas.

MGM, Harvey and Bob Weinstein – These Hollywood garbage peddlers will release the slasher movie Black Christmas … on Christmas day. Promos for the gore-fest apparently tout the movie’s “slay ride” body count and mock “people who express outrage.” The Weinsteins were behind 2003’s crude Bad Santa, an “uncut” version of which has been released on video.
Britain’s Royal Mail – The 2006 series of Christmas stamps feature a reindeer, Santa Claus, a Christmas tree, and a snowman. But no stamp features anything having to do with the birth of Christ.

Christmas card makers in Britain – According to an article in the Daily Mail, only one Christmas card in 100 has any religious imagery, and many were mocking it. One featured shepherds smoking sheep dung, implying that the angel they saw was a hallucination.
ACLU – This organization has placed more fear into the hearts of school districts and local governments than Ebenezer Scrooge ever instilled in anyone. Most recently the Chief Grinch is suing a Wilson County, TN school district for – among other things - “irreparable damages” caused to plaintiffs by the singing of “Away in a Manger” and “Joy to the World.”

Berkley (MI) City Council – The council voted to remove a nativity scene from public property this year after being threatened with a lawsuit by the ACLU. The nativity scene, which had been present outside the city hall for decades, will be displayed on church property this year. A Berkeley resident reports that hundreds of locals petitioned the city government not to capitulate to the ACLU and to fight in court. The city council ignored the petitioners and voted 6-1 to move the display.

City of Chicago- The city strong-armed the organizers of the annual Christkindlmarket (Christ Child Market) into dropping New Line Cinemas as a sponsor of the event. New Line is the studio that released The Nativity Story – a movie about Jesus’ birth – the reason there IS a Christkindlmarket in the first place.

St. Albans, WV – Driven by fear of lawsuits, the city actually removed Mary, Joseph and the baby Jesus from the nativity scene in its annual Festival of Lights display. Only after the story was picked up by the Associated Press and officials received complaints from as far away as South Korea did they change their minds.

Target – The retail giant is embracing “Merry Christmas” in stores but still banning Salvation Army bell ringers from soliciting donations in front of their stores. The company says it’s part of a general “no solicitation policy” they decided to start enforcing. While Target is helping the Salvation Army’s Angel Tree program with a $1 million infusion of cash, the non-profit regularly collected many times that in their kettles in front of Target stores. Bottom line: No bell ringers in front of Target means a loss of millions of dollars to help the needy.

Holidaysiacs – Headline writers, advertisers and community spokespeople who use only “Happy Holidays” or “Holiday” when obviously referring to Christmas.

Portland and Waterville, ME – Portland officials are calling the 55-foot blue spruce in Monument Square a “holiday tree” because, according to the city’s marketing director, the city doesn’t “want to offend anybody.” In Waterville a new organization – Waterville Main Street - took over the annual Christmas parade and renamed it “The Parade of Lights.”

Best Buy/Lowes/Eddie Bauer/Barnes and Noble – These major retailers make no mention of “Christmas,” only “Happy Holidays” in their advertising. Liberty Counsel reports a Best Buy spokesperson told them the company considers the use of the words “Merry Christmas” to be disrespectful.

The Sanfordville PTA in Warwick, NY – This parent group reportedly buckled under the pressure of one complaint and changed the annual “Breakfast with Santa” fundraiser to the “Winter Wonderland Breakfast” and is forcing Santa to appear with Frosty the Snowman this year.

Marine Reserves’ Toys for Tots Program –A donation of talking Jesus dolls was initially rejected because the group didn’t want to risk offending Jewish or Muslim children. Bad publicity followed the initial decision and the group reversed course, accepting the donation and saying the dolls would be distributed to Christian children.

Norman, Oklahoma – Caving to political correctness the annual Christmas parade down Main Street has been cumbersomely renamed the Main Street Christmas Holiday Parade.

Austin Cline, regional director for the Council for Secular Humanism – His atheist website sports a poster reading “Crush a Crèche! Keep America Free from a Religious Christmas this year! It’s up to You!”

Oyster Bilingual School in Washington, D.C. – placed a sign that said, "Holiday Tree Sale" in English and "Venta de Arboles de Navidad" in Spanish. Apparently it’s only acceptable to use the word "Christmas" in Spanish.

British employers – A survey of 2300 employers in England found 75% have banned Christmas decorations. The reason most gave was fear of offending other faiths.

Vienna, Austria – The city banned St. Nicholas from the city’s kindergartens. City officials say that jolly St. Nick frightens children. Conservatives accuse the city of kow-towing to a growing Muslim population.

http://www.cultureandmediainstitute.org/eoc/2006/20061207124507.aspx

You are an idiot

Did you read the examples?

Try removing CHRISTMAS from Christmas?

again...please tell me how a Christian, whose children go to a school that changes the name of the december holiday from christmas vacation to winter vacation has their christmas holiday ruined by such an action?

Please tell me how such a name change impacts their celebration of the birth of Jesus in any way.

Simple question. You were the one who claimed that the name change ruined the holiday...I only ask you to explain the substance of that ruination.

again...please tell me how a Christian, whose children go to a school that changes the name of the december holiday from christmas vacation to winter vacation has their christmas holiday ruined by such an action?

Please tell me how such a name change impacts their celebration of the birth of Jesus in any way.

Simple question. You were the one who claimed that the name change ruined the holiday...I only ask you to explain the substance of that ruination.

Were you born dense or do you just act that way on this board?

it really is simple, RSR...quit stammering and tap dancing and avoiding answering it.... YOU said that the name change RUINED the HOLIDAY. I ask you to back up that claim with some proof that anyone had their holiday RUINED by such an action. I'll wait.

Forum List

Back