Easter - ABC Style

how does what a school calls a vacation get in the way of Christians celebrating Christmas?
and why should muslim children get a christmas vacation? why should jewish children get a christmas vacation?
those are simple questions. If you address them, then we will have, what some people refer to as a "dialog" Try it.

how does what a school calls a vacation get in the way of Christians celebrating Christmas?
and why should muslim children get a christmas vacation? why should jewish children get a christmas vacation?
those are simple questions. If you address them, then we will have, what some people refer to as a "dialog" Try it.

Libs have an obsession for removing any references of God from the public view

Simple enough for you?

Libs have an obsession for removing any references of God from the public view

Simple enough for you?

no...I asked you some questions. WHy can't you answer them?

1. how does what a school calls a vacation get in the way of Christians celebrating Christmas?

2. why should muslim children get a christmas vacation?

3. why should jewish children get a christmas vacation?

1. how does what a school calls a vacation get in the way of Christians celebrating Christmas?

The mere word of Christams on a school calendar offends libs so it has to be removed. Libs have to force their PC feel good policies down everyones throat

If other students do not want to celebrate Christmas then let them - don't ruin the holiday for the rest of us

Of course that is what libs do best

The mere word of Christams on a school calendar offends libs so it has to be removed. Libs have to force their PC feel good policies down everyones throat

If other students do not want to celebrate Christmas then let them - don't ruin the holiday for the rest of us

Of course that is what libs do best

again...answer this question: how does calling school vacation "winter vaction" instead of "christmas vacation" RUIN the HOLIDAY for ANYONE?

RSR...I have really tried hard in the last week to focus on questions and to try to engage you in a debate...a dialog. You really don't seem at all interested. WHy is that?

again...answer this question: how does calling school vacation "winter vaction" instead of "christmas vacation" RUIN the HOLIDAY for ANYONE?

You are the most dense lib I have ever had the displeasure of meeting

Libs have to remove any references of God from the public view

just answer the question:

how does calling school vacation "winter vaction" instead of "christmas vacation" RUIN the HOLIDAY for ANYONE?

just answer the question:

how does calling school vacation "winter vaction" instead of "christmas vacation" RUIN the HOLIDAY for ANYONE?

I have

In December please remind me to wish you Happy Hoidays and not Merry Christmas - I do not want to offend you

I have

In December please remind me to wish you Happy Hoidays and not Merry Christmas - I do not want to offend you

no...yo have not answered the question at all....how does what a school calls a vacation period RUIN the HOLIDAY?

Are there christian children throughout the land who are saying,

"I was so excited for this year's advent season.... I have been listening to the Christmas story at sunday school...I have used my allowance to buy my parents and siblings gifts...I have wrapped them.... my folks and I went out Christmas caroling last weekend.... we got our tree and decorated it...it was beautiful.... I am really getting excited...but then... at school... they let us out for Christmas vacation, but, they called it Winter Vacation instead of Christmas vacation and now...the whole HOLIDAY IS RUINED!!!!"

Libs will set out to impose their secular views of the public.

Keep mocking us MM and pretend their is no problem - people are fighjting back

Even Wal mart put the word Christmas back into the Christmas season last year when their sales fell

Libs will set out to impose their secular views of the public.

Keep mocking us MM and pretend their is no problem - people are fighjting back

Even Wal mart put the word Christmas back into the Christmas season last year when their sales fell

you are the one who said that a school who changed the name of the vacation from Christmas to Winter RUINED THE HOLIDAY. I merely asked you how that could possibly be.

Can you explain how exactly the Christmas holiday gets RUINED if the school vacation is called a winter vacation instead of a christmas vacation?

It seems to me that you cannot ever stand and defend your pronouncements. Use your own words, RSR... tell me how that RUINS the HOLIDAY. Go on...try to form a cogent argument all by yourself.

you are the one who said that a school who changed the name of the vacation from Christmas to Winter RUINED THE HOLIDAY. I merely asked you how that could possibly be.

Can you explain how exactly the Christmas holiday gets RUINED if the school vacation is called a winter vacation instead of a christmas vacation?

It seems to me that you cannot ever stand and defend your pronouncements. Use your own words, RSR... tell me how that RUINS the HOLIDAY. Go on...try to form a cogent argument all by yourself.

Not only do libs want to remove the word Christmas from a calendar they wnat to ban carols, parties, christmas trees, and decoarations

They do not kids to celebrate the holiday

Yes, libs are out to ruin Christmas for all to appease the 5% who do not celebrate the holiday

Christmas in July: City wins again, ACLU loses again
Federal appeals court fully rejects ACLU lawsuit against holiday displays on Cranston, R.I., City Hall lawn

Early Christmas gift: City wins, ACLU loses
BOSTON-A panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 1st Circuit ruled unanimously Wednesday that a woman represented by the ACLU who sued the City of Cranston, R.I., after being offended by Christmas displays at City Hall had no standing to bring her claim.

"This is the court's message: you can't sue just because you're an offended observer," said ADF Chief Counsel Benjamin Bull. "The appeals court today rejected what has been a longstanding ACLU tactic-filing lawsuits simply for the reason that somebody claims to be offended. The Christmas displays in Cranston were perfectly constitutional, just as the district court ruled."

On Nov. 15 of last year, a federal district court ruled that the City of Cranston's practice of allowing private holiday displays, including religious displays, on the front lawn of City Hall does not violate the Establishment Clause of the Constitution.

The district court did grant an injunction against the city on other grounds at that time, but the appeals court today threw out the injunction saying that the client represented by the ACLU had no standing to sue.

In Wednesday's opinion, the three-judge panel of the Court of Appeals wrote, "The Constitution requires that litigants have a personal stake in a case before they may sue in a federal court., and this plaintiff has not provided facts sufficient to show that she possesses such a stake." The full text of the opinion can be read at www.telladf.org/UserDocs/OsediaczOpinion.pdf.

ADF-allied attorney Tom Marcelle, based in Albany, N.Y., represented the city in the case, Osediacz v. City of Cranston, which the ACLU originally filed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Rhode Island.

U.S. District Court Judge William Smith wrote last year that nothing in the city's public statements or in its implementation of the policy for its Christmas displays "reveals or even remotely supports an inference that a religious purpose was behind the creation of the limited public forum," as the ACLU's lawsuit alleged.

ADF is America's largest legal alliance defending religious liberty through strategy, training, funding, and litigation.

http://www.alliancedefensefund.org/news/story.aspx?cid=3476

Libs have no problem with OTHER religions publicly displaying their faith - only Christians

HOLIDAY BLUES
Christmas carols banned,
but Hanukkah songs OK
District axes 'dogmatic religious statements,' yet suggesting Jewish themes more cultural

Posted: December 6, 2005
1:00 a.m. Eastern

A statement from Liberty Counsel tells the story of Barbara Wheeler, whose 9-year-old daughter attends school in the district. In 2003, when the district's music programs excluded religious Christmas songs, Wheeler complained about their absence. School officials said they would get back to her, but they reportedly never did. Last year, Wheeler voiced complaints to the district in mid-November, but school officials said the songs already were set.

This year, when the school's music program contained Hanukkah and secular Christmas songs but no religious Christmas songs, Wheeler again objected.

That's when the mother was referred to the district's written policy:

"Music programs given at times close to religious holidays should not use the religious aspect of these holidays as the underlying motive or theme. No songs should be sung which contain dogmatic religious statements."

According to Liberty Counsel, Frances Smith, the district administrator, says the Hanukkah songs are more cultural than spiritual and thus are OK to sing.

On behalf of Wheeler, Liberty Counsel has written a demand letter to the district, stating that the school's policy is unconstitutional. Included was the law firm's Friend or Foe Christmas memo, which addresses the legality of celebrating Christmas.

The letter requests that the district immediately change its policy and include religious Christmas songs. Failure to respond favorably will subject the district to a lawsuit, Liberty Counsel says.

"The intent of the school district's policy is clear – 'Frosty the Snowman' is in, 'My Dreidel' is in, 'Silent Night' is out," said Mat Staver, Liberty Counsel president and general counsel. "How much more ridiculous can it get when 96 percent of Americans celebrate Christmas, but the school district pretends like Christmas is merely a ghost of Christmas past."

The organization's Friend or Foe Christmas Campaign urges churches to run Friend or Foe ads in their local newspapers.

Controversy over Christmas and its celebration in the public square has reached a fever pitch this year with battles raging over everything from what to call evergreen trees to whether or not retailers allow their employees to wish customers a "merry Christmas."

© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

RSR you are getting owned up and down by Maineman. You openly avoid his questions. He asks you a question and you reply with some type of Generalized LIB remark that doesnt even answer the questions he poses to you. MM is trying to engage you in intelligent debate and you wont do it. All you do is bash libs. You cant defend anything you say. Your credibility has fallen on this board with the number of posters who have called you out.

It is obvious even you dont believe the crap you spew because you cant even defend it. Go back and re-read the threads and look at your responses. It's laughable. You cannot even defend your own statements. The only thing you can do is attempt to find an article..most of them way too long that try to prove your points. You dont even bold anything in the article that may help to prove your point. At least Kathianne does that.

I honestly don't think that RSR has EVER tried to answer one of my questions.

I am just about ready to give up on him. It would be really silly if it turned out that he was nothing but a tarbaby-esque newsbot all along and here we are, punching at him.

the more I witness his inability to engage in dialog, the more I think it would be better for me to just ignore him altogether.

again...RSR...in your own words, try to actually answer this question:

In defense of RSR I will say that it is freaking stupid and annoying that people get upset over TERMS.. BUT..who says that these people are all liberals? Im a liberal and I dont think that. It has more to do with your religous beliefs and just because someone is not a catholic or christian does NOT make them a liberal.

So to add on to your question I would like to see how many of these people who are offended by Easter or the word XMAS are actually Liberals? Where is the stats on that? Or is RSR just generalizing again?

In defense of RSR I will say that it is freaking stupid and annoying that people get upset over TERMS.. BUT..who says that these people are all liberals? Im a liberal and I dont think that. It has more to do with your religous beliefs and just because someone is not a catholic or christian does NOT make them a liberal.

So to add on to your question I would like to see how many of these people who are offended by Easter or the word XMAS are actually Liberals? Where is the stats on that? Or is RSR just generalizing again?

add your question to the pile of unanswered questions that surround RSR....

You have a better chance of getting blood from a turnip than you do of getting an answer from that moron!

Forum List

Back