East Palestine resident pleads for help: 'It's hard to breathe'

Trump was a horrible President, politician and is a horrible person. He is Hitler. Same person, why are you criticizing my guy for doing the same things Trump did? Ok that aside

It's not a comparison of what this President did vs what another did per se. We can agree that all these things are done for political reasons. I get why Biden didnt rush out to E Palestine as soon as the train crashed. What I dont understand is once it became a thing why he didnt go. Also politics is optics and the optics of him going to Ukraine (and I know shit like that is planned months in advance) without visiting a disaster area in Ohio are bad. They just are.
The President, or Governor, etc, is usually told when the best time to go to a disaster place is. They do not simply pick up the plane and go.

E. Palestine is being turned into a political football. That is all there is to it. Why should anyone who should not be there, go there when the government has already done, from day one, and continues to do everything in its power to help the people, and figure out how to avoid any future accidents like this one?

I think that you are imagining that there are political costs for Biden not going to E. Palestine.

E. Palestine and Ukraine are two totally different issues. Ukraine was approaching its unfortunate first anniversary of war, destruction and loss of lives.

Too early to talk about optics, from Biden or Trump, and how the voters will look at this by election 2024.

Too much judgement on what people do not really know much about, especially what the government does first, and who has to go there first before any President shows up.

Again, how many accidents, hurricanes, etc did Trump or Bush show up to, especially before it was time for them to go there?
Optics don't rely on knowledge. Quid Pro should have known this, being that he has been in Washington since record players came into vogue.

It just has to look good...........but we'll see how well plays when he never went to one train crash during his term, not even one with fatalities. Goes to show the country that the Neo-GOP is all about setting up Optics. Substance is lacking.
This is high level politics. Surely you're not pretending style over substance is anything new.

Those rules were about the braking system. This train crashed due to a failed wheel bearing. That bad wheel bearing may or may not have been caught had there been more time for maintenance or better working conditions at the rail companies. Im pretty sure I've heard that before..... Werent the unions who were going to go on strike doing so because of long hours, no time off, etc. Didnt they warn that maintenance was being neglected because of this and that an accident was going to happen eventually? Didnt the current administration ask for and get the Democrat led Congress to quell that strike via legislation when their brokered deal fell through and that strike threatened the outcome of the (at the time) upcoming elections in 2022? Yeah Im sure I've heard that before....
What do strikes have to do with the deregulation of rules Norfolk Southern asked Trump to do away with?

Let us stay on the same subject.

This is high level politics. Surely you're not pretending style over substance is anything new.
The Republicans in E. Palestine may vote for Trump or any other Republican they like in 2024.

Much too early, and too soon, to keep talking about optics, politics, etc, as we do not know how that city and any other city will be taken care of by then.

The government is doing its job. That is what E. Palestine, and all other cities, want to know about.

More lies, and you do know that you are telling lies.
Dereliction of duty

We are talking about deregulation of safety rules meant to keep trains safe, as they were before Norfolk Southern and others convinced Trump to deregulate all of those rules.

By all means, please, do not understand what the issue is about.
Keep spinning maybe you’ll pass out

The Republicans in E. Palestine may vote for Trump or any other Republican they like in 2024.

Much too early, and too soon, to keep talking about optics, politics, etc, as we do not know how that city and any other city will be taken care of by then.

The government is doing its job. That is what E. Palestine, and all other cities, want to know about.
It's never too early or too soon to talk about optics, because situations happen all the time. We need to be careful not to fall into the trap the democrats always fall into when they only talk about homelessness during a campaign and ignore it the other 3 1/2 years. It's beyond obvious that it's only a campaign issue. In fact, you can always tell which issues are legit and which are campaign only by how often they're brought up in between elections.

It may play well in the short term, but over time people will get a chance to reflect, hahaha just kidding, Americans have the memory of a goldfish.....what was I thinking.

What do strikes have to do with the deregulation of rules Norfolk Southern asked Trump to do away with?

Let us stay on the same subject.
The regulations that Trump set aside (braking system) had nothing to do with the crash, the strike that Biden quelled may have (lack of maintenance due to poor working conditions).

Im not saying Biden is at fault for the train wreck. Far from it. But if you are going to bring up some past President and say they are at fault you open up that door. Frankly I think it's ludicrous to try and place blame for accidents like this at the feet of a single President or party. The reality is entire US government has been and continues to be in bed with the rail companies. They are all to blame. They all have culpability.

The President, or Governor, etc, is usually told when the best time to go to a disaster place is. They do not simply pick up the plane and go.

E. Palestine is being turned into a political football. That is all there is to it. Why should anyone who should not be there, go there when the government has already done, from day one, and continues to do everything in its power to help the people, and figure out how to avoid any future accidents like this one?

If Biden wanted to visit E Palestine it would have happened. He just got back from a war zone halfway across the world where the US has no active protections for him. It's an unforced error IMO. Again I get why he didnt run there as soon as it happened but at this point it's dumb to not visit. Him not visiting E Palestine is keeping it in the news and not in a good way.

It may play well in the short term, but over time people will get a chance to reflect, hahaha just kidding, Americans have the memory of a goldfish.....what was I thinking.
Naturally, that's why you compile lists of these things to start reminding people during campaign season.

If Biden wanted to visit E Palestine it would have happened. He just got back from a war zone halfway across the world where the US has no active protections for him. It's an unforced error IMO. Again I get why he didnt run there as soon as it happened but at this point it's dumb to not visit. Him not visiting E Palestine is keeping it in the news and not in a good way.
You do not get anything.

But try again, and again, and again.

No I get it. You're a partisan hack and cant ever admit that your "guy" is making a mistake.
What is the mistake? Not going to a place where he is not needed? Where Republicans are making it a political issue to delegitimize him? After all the other things Republicans have been lying about, etc in order to look good to their voters?

Make me laugh !!!!

What is the mistake? Not going to a place where he is not needed? Where Republicans are making it a political issue to delegitimize him? After all the other things Republicans have been lying about, etc in order to look good to their voters?

Make me laugh !!!!
It's a political mistake. You are free to not think so but that does not change the reality that it is. Presidents go all manner of places they aren't needed. Most times it's for political gain. What purpose other than for political gain was the trip to Ukraine for example? Was he there to repel Russians? Did he pick up a rifle? Did he go on a patrol or provide some sort of training to the Ukrainian troops that couldn't have been provided by someone more qualified to provide it? Did he have to go there to personally deliver funds or weapon systems to the Ukrainians? E Palestine is the same thing. By Biden not going there he's allowing the other side to use it as a political tool to cast him caring more about what's happening in Ukraine than in Ohio. I get that you think that that's silly but you arent the target audience. Time will tell how large a mistake this is (likely not catastrophic) but it is a mistake for him not to just go there. There's an argument to be made now that he cant go because then he would have been forced to go there by the opposition.

No I get it. You're a partisan hack and cant ever admit that your "guy" is making a mistake.
If it's so important for a President to visit train derailment sites on his watch, why didn't Trump visit any while he was president?

In reality it's the Echo-chamber keeping the Fauxrage alive in Fauxworld.

If it's so important for a President to visit train derailment sites on his watch, why didn't Trump visit any while he was president?

Oh yeah and he never ordered his Sec to go to any of them either. But he thinks he can order Pete.......

It's a political mistake. You are free to not think so but that does not change the reality that it is. Presidents go all manner of places they aren't needed. Most times it's for political gain. What purpose other than for political gain was the trip to Ukraine for example? Was he there to repel Russians? Did he pick up a rifle? Did he go on a patrol or provide some sort of training to the Ukrainian troops that couldn't have been provided by someone more qualified to provide it? Did he have to go there to personally deliver funds or weapon systems to the Ukrainians? E Palestine is the same thing. By Biden not going there he's allowing the other side to use it as a political tool to cast him caring more about what's happening in Ukraine than in Ohio. I get that you think that that's silly but you arent the target audience. Time will tell how large a mistake this is (likely not catastrophic) but it is a mistake for him not to just go there. There's an argument to be made now that he cant go because then he would have been forced to go there by the opposition.
Which places did Trump go where he was not needed during his 4 years?

Bush Jr?
Bush Sr?
Reagan?

Trump bad. Trump evil. Same person: Why are you criticizing my guy for doing what Trump did?

It's optics. Not every train derailment is created equally. Biden is obviously not going there. I'm not sure he CAN go there at this point politically. That doesn't mean there isn't an political price to be paid for that decision.

Yes this is more fake than any other outrage we participate in. I promise it is. The entire political landscape is filled with echo chamber induced faux outrage.

Forum List

Back