Dumb and Dumber team up

Congresswoman_Michele_Bachmann.jpg

Another difference:

xotoxi-albums-pictures-3-picture1234-menstruation.gif

I do.

What's wrong with her?

She seems pretty smart and quite articulate.

If one is obliged to agree with each position and view of any given politician, I could support none of them (unless I were to run).

Palin had some decent basic notions, but was (and still is) too under-informed.

You can't honestly make that criticism of Bachmann.

So what's the objection to her?

Bachmann is batshit insane.

I do.

What's wrong with her?

If one is obliged to agree with each position and view of any given politician, I could support none of them (unless I were to run).

Bachmann is batshit insane.

No. I wasn't asking for substance-less opinion.

What, specifically, has she articulated that leads a left-leaning fellow to "conclude" that she is in any way "insane?"

What's the deal? Did she offer an opinion that you don't care for?

What, specifically, has she articulated that leads a left-leaning fellow to "conclude" that she is in any way "insane?"

Substance-less opinions? Do you just not pay attention or you being obtuse on purpose? :confused:

Bachmann suggests on House floor that Obama's in bed with terrorists - Minneapolis / St. Paul News - City Pages - The Blotter

Bachmann seeks blood ‘covenant’ to defeat health reform Minnesota Independent: News. Politics. Media.

Michelle Bachman Is Proud People Have To Work Two Jobs | Crooks and Liars

And that's only the beginning.

Bachmann's greatest hits:

1. Hundreds and hundreds of scientists, many of them nobel laureates, do not believe in evolution.

2. Terry Schiavo was a healthy woman, just with brain damage.

3. Obama wants us to move to a global currency and off the US dollar.

4. Carbon dioxide is portrayed as harmful. But there isn’t even one study that can be produced that shows that carbon dioxide is a harmful gas.

5. Obliquely blaming the Democrats for the swine flu (Hey...the last time we had it was under another Democrat president, Jimmy Carter...)

6. The census could be used to throw us in internment camps like what was done to the japanese.

7. The health plan could include school "abortion field trips" for 13 year old girls.

The lady is looney tunes. No wonder she won CNN's wingnut of the year award.

laughable..........somebody posts up an MSNBC video.............

nobody cares........like 379 people a night watch Hardball, thus, posting up a Chris Matthews vid is about as effective as somebody standing in the middle of the Siberian tundra in a birthday suit, thumb up their ass, screaming "help".:lol:

Substance-less opinions? Do you just not pay attention or you being obtuse on purpose? :confused:

Bachmann suggests on House floor that Obama's in bed with terrorists - Minneapolis / St. Paul News - City Pages - The Blotter

Bachmann seeks blood ‘covenant’ to defeat health reform Minnesota Independent: News. Politics. Media.

Michelle Bachman Is Proud People Have To Work Two Jobs | Crooks and Liars

And that's only the beginning.

Doggie. Tsk tsk. All YOU had previously offered was your mere opinion in the form of a contention. It was completely unsupported.

I have heard Ms. Bachmann. While I may not always agree with her, to call her insane is just stupid meaningless rhetoric.

NOW, you offer some basis (valid or not remains to be discussed) at least to support your contention.

I am not clicking random hyperlinks, so I don't know what she meant about a blood covenant relative to that Health bill.

Is the President in bed with terrorists? Nah. That's hyperbole. Engaging in hyperbole is not the same as being insane.

Are there some ways where it makes sense to be proud of people choosing to hold down two jobs? I think there are.

One time when the GOP Shill Palin actually endorses the right person.

You like Bachmann?:confused:

I do.

What's wrong with her?

She has committed unpardonable sins.

She's a beautiful woman.

She speaks clearly and in a pleasant voice.

She speaks in complete sentences.

She knows her subject matter better than most of her criticis and stays on topic.

She is well centered on who she is and what she believes without equivocating on that depending on who she is talking to.

She is a Republican member of Congress.

She is a conservative.

They can't stand it. So, like Sarah Palin or any other conservative woman, they will do their damndest to destroy her.

This exchange is typical of the way Bachmann is treated. (Note that it starts off with Spector interrupting Bachmann's response to a question he asked her):

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnIxgNucioA]YouTube - Arlen Specter Scolds Michele Bachmann on Radio Program[/ame]

You like Bachmann?:confused:

I do.

What's wrong with her?

She has committed unpardonable sins.

She's a beautiful woman.

She speaks clearly and in a pleasant voice.

She speaks in complete sentences.

She knows her subject matter better than most of her criticis and stays on topic.

She is well centered on who she is and what she believes without equivocating on that depending on who she is talking to.

She is a Republican member of Congress.

She is a conservative.

They can't stand it. So, like Sarah Palin or any other conservative woman, they will do their damndest to destroy her.

This exchange is typical of the way Bachmann is treated. (Note that it starts off with Spector interrupting Bachmann's response to a question he asked her):

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnIxgNucioA]YouTube - Arlen Specter Scolds Michele Bachmann on Radio Program[/ame]

:lol::lol: You should know by now--that to a dumbass liberal--there can't possibly be an intelligent--attractive--conservative female--:lol::lol:

:lol::lol: You should know by now--that to a dumbass liberal--there can't possibly be an intelligent--attractive--conservative female--:lol::lol:

I don't generally use terms like 'dumbass' to describe liberals, but I do agree that they are largely hypocritical in their criticism of somebody like Bachmann. There is no way in hell they would treat a male opponent with the imagery and language that they treat her. And had it been a Republican Senator treating a Democrat congresswoman in the manner that Spector was treating Bachmann in that clip, you would see outrage expressed on the front page of every left leaning newspaper in the country, it would lead ever alphabet network newscast, and we would have at least a dozen threads started condemning it here on USMB already.

For the record, people claiming Liberals and such are against Bachmann because she's a "Strong Conservative woman" are full of shit. Hell, Radio who started this thread is no Liberal as far as I know and thinks she's batshit insane too.

But hey, if you don't think she is, why don't people slit their wrists like she commanded to stop Health Care Reform? :eusa_eh:

But hey, I wonder if that speaks volumes for people who support a woman who said and I quote:

"Our children...are the prize for this community."

She said that statement when referring to the Gay Community who supposedly are targeting children.

And she's real Conservative when trying to ban Abortion, the rights of Homosexuals (1,100+ and counting) that married couples are given. And she's real Conservative when trying to ban Online Poker. And trying to force public schools to teach Creationism. And supporting that cigarette surcharge in 2005 after saying she wouldn't and condemned it in the first place.

The woman is this generation's Joseph McCarthy. To take her seriously is dangerous.

But hey, just make sure to not have any views she may consider "Anti-American" or she may want you investigated. :eusa_eh:

Last edited:
But hey, I wonder if that speaks volumes for people who support a woman who said and I quote:

"Our children...are the prize for this community."

She said that statement when referring to the Gay Community who supposedly are targeting children.

And she's real Conservative when trying to ban Abortion, the rights of Homosexuals (1,100+ and counting) that married couples are given. And she's real Conservative when trying to ban Online Poker. And trying to force public schools to teach Creationism. And supporting that cigarette surcharge in 2005 after saying she wouldn't and condemned it in the first place.

The woman is this generation's Joseph McCarthy. To take her seriously is dangerous.

But hey, just make sure to not have any views she may consider "Anti-American" or she may want you investigated. :eusa_eh:

I'll believe you if you can find those quotes anywhere but on leftwing hate sites and provide them here in their full context. As Michele Bachmann has a voting record disallowing discrimination against gays, I do not believe she said that at least in the context with which you posted it.

Please name three specific things promoted by McCarthy that she also promotes that you find objectionable. Let's see if you're just making up somebody unpopular to compare her to.

She is a fundamentalist Christian and as such almost certainly holds views that you disagree with and she holds some views that I disagree with. But as long as her focus as a Congresswoman is to hold the line on spending, maintain a strong national defense, and as long as she is an advocate for free markets, pro business, private sector prosperity, and personal freedoms, I don't have any serious problem with her.

I doubt I agree with every point of view of any member of Congress.

Last edited:
I'll believe you if you can find those quotes anywhere but on leftwing hate sites and provide them here in their full context. As Michele Bachmann has a voting record disallowing discrimination against gays, I do not believe she said that at least in the context with which you posted it.

Please specify three things promoted by McCarthy that she also promotes that you find objectionable. Let's see if you're just making up somebody unpopular to compare her to.

She is a fundamentalist Christian and as such almost certainly holds views that you disagree with and she holds some views that I disagree with. But as long as her focus as a Congresswoman is to hold the line on spending, maintain a strong national defense, and as long as she is an advocate for free markets, pro business, private sector prosperity, and personal freedoms, I don't have any serious problem with her.

She is a fundamentalist Christian who is the Mrs. Carmody of the GOP. For those of you who haven't read "The Mist" or seen the movie:

The Mist - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And I'm saying she's the Joseph McCarthy of this generation because she acts like she's for small government when in reality she's for her sort of government. As are all fundamentalists whether they be Christian or not. You cannot trust them on any issue that has to deal with religion in some way because their mind is already made up. And it doesn't matter whether the opposing view would actually be Conservative or better for this country.

On what will happen if her same-sex marriage ban amendment fails to pass in 2004: “It isn’t that some gay will get some rights. It’s that everyone else in our state will lose rights. For instance, parents will lose the right to protect and direct the upbringing of their children. Because our K-12 public school system, of which ninety per cent of all youth are in the public school system, they will be required to learn that homosexuality is normal, equal and perhaps you should try it. And that will occur immediately, that all schools will begin teaching homosexuality.” -- Senator Michele Bachmann, appearing as guest on radio program “Prophetic Views Behind The News”, hosted by Jan Markell, KKMS 980-AM, March 6, 2004.

On the gay community and same-sex marriage: “This is a very serious matter, because it is our children who are the prize for this community, they are specifically targeting our children.” — Senator Michele Bachmann, appearing as guest on radio program “Prophetic Views Behind The News”, hosted by Jan Markell, KKMS 980-AM, March 20, 2004.

And so people have to make this call now. They have to go to mn.voter.com, they need to contact in particular their Senator, and they need to demand that the people be allowed to vote on this in November (of 2004). Because otherwise, our children will be forced to learn that homosexuality is normal and natural and that perhaps they should try it, and that’ll be very soon in our public schools all across the state, beginning in kindergarten.” — Senator Michele Bachmann, appearing as guest on radio program “Prophetic Views Behind The News”, hosted by Jan Markell, KKMS 980-AM, March 6, 2004.

“And what a bizarre time we’re in, Jan, when a judge will say to little children that you can’t say the pledge of allegiance, but you must learn that homosexuality is normal and you should try it.” — Senator Michele Bachmann, appearing as guest on radio program “Prophetic Views Behind The News”, hosted by Jan Markell, KKMS 980-AM, March 6, 2004.

On her same-sex marriage ban amendment: “We only have until May 17 (2004) at the latest. But really, it is this next week that the DFL is going to try to kill this bill. It’s within the Christian community’s hands to get face to face, in front of these Democrats.” — Senator Michele Bachmann, appearing as guest on radio program “Prophetic Views Behind The News”, hosted by Jan Markell, KKMS 980-AM, March 20, 2004.

“If you’re involved in the gay and lesbian lifestyle, it’s bondage. It is personal bondage, personal despair and personal enslavement.” — Senator Michele Bachmann, speaking at EdWatch National Education Conference, November 6, 2004.

“You have a teacher talking about his gayness. (The elementary school student) goes home then and says “Mom! What’s gayness? We had a teacher talking about this today.” The mother says “Well, that’s when a man likes other men, and they don’t like girls.” The boy’s eight. He’s thinking, “Hmm. I don’t like girls. I like boys. Maybe I’m gay.” And you think, “Oh, that’s, that’s way out there. The kid isn’t gonna think that.” Are you kidding? That happens all the time. You don’t think that this is intentional, the message that’s being given to these kids? That’s child abuse.” — Senator Michele Bachmann, speaking at EdWatch National Education Conference, November 6, 2004.

“Normalization (of gayness) through desensitization. Very effective way to do this with a bunch of second graders, is take a picture of “The Lion King” for instance, and a teacher might say, “Do you know that the music for this movie was written by a gay man?” The message is: I’m better at what I do, because I’m gay.” — Senator Michele Bachmann, speaking at EdWatch National Education Conference, November 6, 2004.

On a leader of a teacher training workshop who cites discrimination as a cause of suicide among homosexual youth: “(He) also fails to acknowledge other psychological factors that could contribute to homosexual youth committing suicide, like family problems or abuse or maybe the fact of what they’re doing.” — Senator Michele Bachmann, speaking at EdWatch National Education Conference, November 6, 2004.

On homosexuality as a mental disorder: “Don’t misunderstand. I am not here bashing people who are homosexuals, who are lesbians, who are bisexual, who are transgender. We need to have profound compassion for people who are dealing with the very real issue of sexual dysfunction in their life and sexual identity disorders.” — Senator Michele Bachmann, speaking at EdWatch National Education Conference, November 6, 2004.

And that's just her quotes on Gays, want to keep going Fox? :eusa_eh:

Last edited:
And more from Mrs. Carmody:

Michele Bachmann - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In 1993, Bachmann and other parents in Stillwater, Minnesota opened New Heights Charter School. The oversight of New Heights soon encountered problems when a group of concerned parents and the school district questioned if the insertion of Christianity into the school's curriculum amounted to using public tax money to fund a religious school.[10] One such parent, Denise Stephens, a longtime Republican, charged the board of directors of the school (which included Bachmann) with trying to set up classes on Creationism and advocating that "something called '12 Christian principles' be taught, very much like the 10 Commandments."[10] According to Stephens, school officials also refused to allow the in-school screening of the Disney film Aladdin, claiming that it endorsed witchcraft and promoted paganism.

Along with other directors, Bachmann appeared before the Stillwater School Board to address the parents' concerns. According to Stephens, Bachmann became angry and asked, "Are you going to question my integrity?", before she and four other members of the board resigned on the spot.[10]

In 2009, Bachmann spoke in opposition to what she characterized as proposals for mandatory public service. She referred to the Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act, an expansion to AmeriCorps (a federal community service organization), stating:

It’s under the guise of — quote — volunteerism. But it’s not volunteers at all. It’s paying people to do work on behalf of government.... I believe that there is a very strong chance that we will see that young people will be put into mandatory service. And the real concerns is that there are provisions for what I would call re-education camps for young people, where young people have to go and get trained in a philosophy that the government puts forward and then they have to go to work in some of these politically correct forums.[59]

The original bill called for an exploration of whether a mandatory public service program could be established, but that entire section on creating a "Congressional Commission on Civic Service" was stripped from the bill.[60]

In August 2009, political opponents of Bachmann publicized in the local media and the blogosphere what they described as the "ironic" fact that her son, Harrison, joined Teach for America,[61][62] which is a member of the AmeriCorps program.[63]

Please specify three things promoted by McCarthy that she also promotes that you find objectionable. Let's see if you're just making up somebody unpopular to compare her to.

She is a fundamentalist Christian who is the Mrs. Carmody of the GOP. For those of you who haven't read "The Mist" or seen the movie:

The Mist - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And I'm saying she's the Joseph McCarthy of this generation because she acts like she's for small government when in reality she's for her sort of government. As are all fundamentalists whether they be Christian or not. You cannot trust them on any issue that has to deal with religion in some way because their mind is already made up. And it doesn't matter whether the opposing view would actually be Conservative or better for this country.

On what will happen if her same-sex marriage ban amendment fails to pass in 2004: “It isn’t that some gay will get some rights. It’s that everyone else in our state will lose rights. For instance, parents will lose the right to protect and direct the upbringing of their children. Because our K-12 public school system, of which ninety per cent of all youth are in the public school system, they will be required to learn that homosexuality is normal, equal and perhaps you should try it. And that will occur immediately, that all schools will begin teaching homosexuality.” -- Senator Michele Bachmann, appearing as guest on radio program “Prophetic Views Behind The News”, hosted by Jan Markell, KKMS 980-AM, March 6, 2004.

On a leader of a teacher training workshop who cites discrimination as a cause of suicide among homosexual youth: “(He) also fails to acknowledge other psychological factors that could contribute to homosexual youth committing suicide, like family problems or abuse or maybe the fact of what they’re doing.” — Senator Michele Bachmann, speaking at EdWatch National Education Conference, November 6, 2004.

On homosexuality as a mental disorder: “Don’t misunderstand. I am not here bashing people who are homosexuals, who are lesbians, who are bisexual, who are transgender. We need to have profound compassion for people who are dealing with the very real issue of sexual dysfunction in their life and sexual identity disorders.” — Senator Michele Bachmann, speaking at EdWatch National Education Conference, November 6, 2004.

And that's just her quotes on Gays, want to keep going Fox? :eusa_eh:

If she is like McCarthy because she wants the government that she wants, then so are all the rest of us. That is the most inane analogy anybody has given to justify a comparison today.

And no, your quotes are still just quotes plucked out of their full context. I want the full context and any qualifying statements that go along with them. You see I am not the least bit homophobic, have friends, associates, family members, and have had employees who happen to be gay, and I would object to the schools teaching kids about homosexuality or heterosexuality in any context other than in a purely clinical manner such as in biology class or routine sex education. But gay activists don't always agree with my point of view and are unlikely to urge that schools teach the joys and benefits of heterosexuality right along with homosexuality. So until I know what Michele is actually objecting to, I won't make a judgment about that. And neither should you if you are fair minded.

Any one of us could pull a sentence of of context in almost any day's posting on the internet and make it look like something quite different than was intended.

Last edited:
If she is like McCarthy because she wants the government that she wants, then so are all the rest of us. That is the most inane analogy anybody has given to justify a comparison today.

And no, your quotes are still just quotes plucked out of their full context. I want the full context and any qualifying statements that go along with them. You see I am not the least bit homophobic, have friends, associates, family members, and have had employees who happen to be gay, and I would object to the schools teaching kids about homosexuality or heterosexuality in any context than a purely clinical biology class or routine sex education. But gay activists don't always agree with my point of view and are unlikely to urge that schools teach the joys and benefits of heterosexuality right along with homosexuality. So until I know what Michele is actually objecting to, I won't make a judgment about that. And neither should you if you are fair minded.

Any one of us could pull a sentence of of context in almost any day's posting on the internet and make it look like something quite different than was intended.

I'm not going to do the research for you on the McCarthy comparison. I can't spoon feed you information.

And honestly? I gave you an entire lines of quotes, I even gave you where she said them. If you want the transcripts then google it, but I doubt you'll find the entire transcripts. You're asking for too much, these quotes are all over the internet.

Some of them are in wikiquote:

Michele Bachmann - Wikiquote

I have given you more than enough evidence to attest that she said those things. The burden is now on you to prove that she didn't.

And I love the whole "I have friends, family, associates" who are gay. As if that justifies your next statement. I think teaching kids to not throw stones at little Johnny because he's gay isn't a bad thing to do. Kids are some of the most cruel people, and if you don't teach them that being gay is not wrong, then they're going to act out on that behavior. It's like not teaching them that stealing is wrong. You're going to wait until they go too far.

And then you try to act like you're being fair minded when I give you line after line of quote.

Listen, I get it, you'll defend Michele no matter what batshit insane statements she makes. However, even as you had to admit, she's a Christian Fundamentalist. I wouldn't want any sort of Fundamentalist in office whether they be Christian, Mormon, or Atheist. And you shouldn't either.

However, don't waste my time and act like you're being fair minded on this. I have given you evidence, you have given me rhetoric.

I'm off to watch Cowboy Bebop. So don't expect a answer if you reply anytime tonight.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back