Dubai? Not an issue,, but S. Dakota

Merlin said:
A woman should be able to get an abortion for "ANY" reason she desires!!!!!!!!!!! They aren't "killing" anything, they are removing a growing cell inside their body. It isn't "children" until it is outside the body breathing on it's own.

BULLSHIT!!!

abortion-39.jpg

theim said:
So all that separates a "fetus" from a human being is a couple inches of birth canal? Sorry, that ship doesn't sail. If I walk outside my house am I a different species than before? If a hospital patient gets put on a respirator, has he just undergone a metamorphosis?

A human is a human. Period. It is someone's business but hers. Why is crack cocain illegal? If a user wants to put his body through that, why does the state interfere? Don't act like the government regulating what you can and can't do with your body is anything new, because it isn't.
You will have to come up with a better comparison than that to be creditable. Being pregnant doesn't make you crazy and do crazy things like drugs does. It may make you cranky a little though.

gop_jeff said:
We should indeed look to the well being of children already born. However, that does not negate our responsibility to ensure that children not yet born are not killed.

Understood jeff, its just our perception of responsibility is different.

You wish to champion the "unborn", and assign them the same status as the "born". I choose not to go that far.

If we lived in a "perfect world", I suppose I might be able to better understand your position. The painful reality of this world is far from perfect, and I choose to allow those that find themselves in untenable positions, not wanting to add to their misery, for whatever reason, to make the decision.

:smoke:

Merlin Wrote:
A woman should be able to get an abortion for "ANY" reason she desires!!!!!!!!!!! They aren't "killing" anything, they are removing a growing cell inside their body. It isn't "children" until it is outside the body breathing on it's own. If a woman wants to put her body through it, she should be able to use abortion as birth control if she so desires because it's no ones business but hers.

Merlin, unfortunately for you, the majority of Americans disagree with you wholeheartedly. Most Americans favor abortions in cases of rape, incest, and the life of the mother...after that, most support abortions ONLY in the first trimester.

Your opinion is as illogical and outside the norm as the freaks who think that a woman shouldn't be able to have an abortion if having the baby could kill her...

Forum List

Back