DU THREAD: From now on we are progressives!

rtwngAvngr

Jan 5, 2004
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x1455324

You guys have to check out this thread. It is great reading. DU is my new favorite site.

The comments are great.

Not liberals!

Liberal, to the common American, means cowardliness, peacenik, tax-and-spend, immoral attitudes, etc. Even our leaders refrain from calling themselves that.
Progessive means going forward, bright American future, and depending on how well versed they are in American history, Teddy Roosevelt.

The problem in a large part is the language. We can't win by using their language, and one of their terms is liberal. We need to start calling ourselves by our own terms.

rtwngAvngr said:
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x1455324

You guys have to check out this thread. It is great reading. DU is my new favorite site.

The comments are great.

That will make all the difference for them! What will they think of next, renaming the Party, I can see the new quotes. The problem is that people associate the name Democratic Party to Liberalism and they don't like Liberalism, therefore we are changing the name to the Not So Democratic Party. We should win all the elections now.

I can't believe this, I would go there and post, "It's the Policy stupid." But I am afraid somebody there might listen.

• Banned
no1tovote4 said:
That will make all the difference for them! What will they think of next, renaming the Party, I can see the new quotes. The problem is that people associate the name Democratic Party to Liberalism and they don't like Liberalism, therefore we are changing the name to the Not So Democratic Party. We should win all the elections now.

I can't believe this, I would go there and post, "It's the Policy stupid." But I am afraid somebody there might listen.

There are one or two old school dems down in the comments who try.

If you are too persuasive you will be recognized as "not in the group" and will be banned. The rules of the board are "democrats/progressives/liberals only". Shutting down people with other viewpoints is the only way they can maintain their fantasy world where they are right.

Isn't it a great site? It's so amusing.

I've been banned from this site for like 6 months now but their comments never seem to amaze me, they just don't get why they lose, do they?

OCA said:
I've been banned from this site for like 6 months now but their comments never seem to amaze me, they just don't get why they lose, do they?

No, and they have shown no sign of catching a clue either. I love this whole idea of saying the same thing with different words. It won't take long for people to see it and move on from there. As I said what next?

• Banned
OCA said:

I'm tempted to sign up there. I wouldn't last five seconds.

rtwngAvngr said:
I'm tempted to sign up there. I wouldn't last five seconds.

if you want to, sign up using an anonymous email system, like Google, or you can go to this (local for me) radio station's website, and sign up for free email. DU will accept those addresses. They won't accept hotmail or yahoo addresses.

sign up for a couple different names, and have some fun, tormenting them. i do it when i have time on my hands, and no one else is around. I love to get a rise out of them. The problem is, they usually ban you before anyone responds to your post. And you have to reply to several posts before you can actually START one. They suck so bad.

fuzzykitten99 said:
if you want to, sign up using an anonymous email system, like Google, or you can go to this (local for me) radio station's website, and sign up for free email. DU will accept those addresses. They won't accept hotmail or yahoo addresses.

sign up for a couple different names, and have some fun, tormenting them. i do it when i have time on my hands, and no one else is around. I love to get a rise out of them. The problem is, they usually ban you before anyone responds to your post. And you have to reply to several posts before you can actually START one. They suck so bad.

Yeah. I want to to do something like that.

I also find it very humerous how they keep getting beat, and the winning strategy they come up with is "we need to fool people better".

fuzzykitten99 said:

Go to www.polyrap.com
Tis full of liberal hate and discontent and they dont ban.
Be warned, you will get tired of seeing my name over there (same user name as here). I contribute far more over there because you guys are usually right. Much fun. Right now the best items are two challenges. The first is to prove to me what I specifically can no longer do thanks to the PAct and the second is to prove to American Criminal Court Standards that GWB is a war criminal. IF you don't sign up that cool, but read the threads and laugh. Then drink beer and laugh more.........

fuzzykitten99 said:

Well I did it. Signed up, posted two responses. Two hours later both were removed and I was banned. Amazing is that the extreme left board that I normally fight it out on doesn't ban anyone, its usually a free for all. I sent a letter to the mods asking for explanations, no answer. Guess they live over to the left of Texas in a little county called AmeriKa.

Forum List

Back