Dr Martin Luther King saved this country

5461E7B7-D2EF-4AA8-A408-16D589E63E20.jpeg
Please tell me what about this quote says "I'm a Republican" ??
View attachment 300693

You think this is the first time I had to bitch slap folks like you who try to take credit for King once the dust settled??
Sounds like republicans have always had diver opinions have you heard of Ron Paul?
Can you name any conservative republicans who were marching along side of MLK??

Matter of fact, can you tell me any conservatives period -- who were there marching along side of MLK?

I'll wait, while you can't?
Barry Goldwater?

I grew up in the 60's and saw most of the Civil Rights movement. Like most Americans, I was outraged at the assasination of Dr King. When we talked about giving him a national holiday ten years later, I looked at it as a form of appeasement for outraged blacks.....a way of giving them their own holiday to quiet them down.

In reading about the Civil Rights movement in subsequent years, I realized what a great American Dr King was. Black Americans came back after WWII to find that despite fighting and dying in defense of their country, they were still treated like lesser Americans. They found they were not allowed to mingle with whites, were not welcome in much of the country they had fought for. Blacks were considered to be dirty, diseased and sub human. Some whites were outraged at the thought of eating with blacks, using the same restrooms, riding on public transportation with them.

As black Americans began to protest their treatment in their own country they were met with harsh resistance from both white militants and governments who swore to support inequal treatment. Blacks were denied the right to vote, to freely associate, rights to a fair trial. Those who resisted were met with terrorist attacks. Lynchings, bombings, arrest and assasination of their leaders.

Most of us faced with such horrific treatment in our own homeland would fight violence with violence. How would you react if someone spat on your child for trying to go to school?

When the courts did not protect blacks, armed conflict would seem a reasonable response. Dr King knew violence would only result in more violence against you. He modeled the Civil Rights movement around Gandhis peaceful resistance theories. By using cameras to document the treatment of peaceful protestors he saved this country from an armed violent protest that would have destroyed this country.

America returned from WWII as an economic and military superpower. But a country that does not treat its citizens with respect is not a moral superpower. By changing the way we treat our citizens, Dr King, more importantly, saved our soul. By forcing us to look in a mirror and see who we really are, he enabled us to become a truly great country.

On this Martin Luther King day I hope everyone can reflect on what a great American he was and how much better off we all are
This is called victimhood mentality which is today’s new racism. Telling your blacks they are victims and will face fake racism.
The first female millionaire was a black woman , blacks were doing far better pre 1964. Tell the truth to the young black youth!
Blacks profited from Jim Crow?
Voting cost them money?
Why does that have to do with what I said? Blacks did work with republicans.. democrats were jim crow..
Southern Conservatives enforced Jim Crow whether they were Democrats or Republican

You are turning a North/South issue into a deceptive partisan issue
It was democrats that enforced him
Crow ,, that ideology has never changed all cries of racial oppression still only comes from towns run by democrats
Yes, back before racist southern conservatives voted mostly Republican like they do today. Are you stupid enough to claim the Bible-belt is Liberal? We'll see..

This is called victimhood mentality which is today’s new racism. Telling your blacks they are victims and will face fake racism.
The first female millionaire was a black woman , blacks were doing far better pre 1964. Tell the truth to the young black youth!
Voting cost them money?
Why does that have to do with what I said? Blacks did work with republicans.. democrats were jim crow..
Southern Conservatives enforced Jim Crow whether they were Democrats or Republican

Crow ,, that ideology has never changed all cries of racial oppression still only comes from towns run by democrats
Yes, back before racist southern conservatives voted mostly Republican like they do today. Are you stupid enough to claim the Bible-belt is Liberal? We'll see..
All cries of racial oppression only comes from towns run by democrats.. you gotta move on.. if you don’t want to be racist stop with your urban slave plantations, todays regs are Jim Crow laws.. just because you pay people that sound like MLK to show blacks it’s ok.. I’m here to tell them all it’s not ok.. what you would do to a black republican today is far worse than what you did back then

Voting cost them money?

Dude they were democrats.. the racist still are I’m in the inner city blacks are worse off today then they were back then, generations are destroyed and all you democrats do as applauded and call it their culture lol

Southerns switch because they saw the gays and the out of control sex and drugs in big cities and said they want nothing to do with that shit.. and the new way democrats were capturing black votes was sick! The lying the deceiving ..

View attachment 300693

You think this is the first time I had to bitch slap folks like you who try to take credit for King once the dust settled??
Sounds like republicans have always had diver opinions have you heard of Ron Paul?

Matter of fact, can you tell me any conservatives period -- who were there marching along side of MLK?

Barry Goldwater?
Definitely don't recall him going down to Alabama during Freedom summer.....

Barry is one of those "I personally don't treat blacks as second class citizens, but businesses should be able to"

I grew up in the 60's and saw most of the Civil Rights movement. Like most Americans, I was outraged at the assasination of Dr King. When we talked about giving him a national holiday ten years later, I looked at it as a form of appeasement for outraged blacks.....a way of giving them their own holiday to quiet them down.

In reading about the Civil Rights movement in subsequent years, I realized what a great American Dr King was. Black Americans came back after WWII to find that despite fighting and dying in defense of their country, they were still treated like lesser Americans. They found they were not allowed to mingle with whites, were not welcome in much of the country they had fought for. Blacks were considered to be dirty, diseased and sub human. Some whites were outraged at the thought of eating with blacks, using the same restrooms, riding on public transportation with them.

As black Americans began to protest their treatment in their own country they were met with harsh resistance from both white militants and governments who swore to support inequal treatment. Blacks were denied the right to vote, to freely associate, rights to a fair trial. Those who resisted were met with terrorist attacks. Lynchings, bombings, arrest and assasination of their leaders.

Most of us faced with such horrific treatment in our own homeland would fight violence with violence. How would you react if someone spat on your child for trying to go to school?

When the courts did not protect blacks, armed conflict would seem a reasonable response. Dr King knew violence would only result in more violence against you. He modeled the Civil Rights movement around Gandhis peaceful resistance theories. By using cameras to document the treatment of peaceful protestors he saved this country from an armed violent protest that would have destroyed this country.

America returned from WWII as an economic and military superpower. But a country that does not treat its citizens with respect is not a moral superpower. By changing the way we treat our citizens, Dr King, more importantly, saved our soul. By forcing us to look in a mirror and see who we really are, he enabled us to become a truly great country.

On this Martin Luther King day I hope everyone can reflect on what a great American he was and how much better off we all are

yeah he said content of his character not skin color, but you tards are obessed with skin color.....OBSSESSED

#DemocratsTooWhite

Voting cost them money?

Dude they were democrats.. the racist still are I’m in the inner city blacks are worse off today then they were back then, generations are destroyed and all you democrats do as applauded and call it their culture lol
Exactly who do you think b'lieves the bullshit you make up, comrade?

View attachment 300725
View attachment 300693

Barry Goldwater?
Do you understand how pathetic you are??
Maybe you should at least find out who Charleston Heston was during the 50's and 60's before you keep looking stupid....but you are basically proving my point -- you can't find a conservative who stood along side of King during the Civil Rights movement...

View attachment 300693

Barry Goldwater?

Barry is one of those "I personally don't treat blacks as second class citizens, but businesses should be able to"
It was a joke.

MLK was not the only leader, and the student non-violent coordinating committee was not part of the SCLC which MLK belong in, and they were generally older than the students.

So, I'm not sure he personally was indespensible, what with Ralph Abernathy and Joseph Lowrey. Generally in a democracy leaders emerge. We can only hope and pray. (-: But there's no doubt that when middle America whites saw the abuse of the civil rights activists, segregation was no longer going to be accepted.

yeah he said content of his character not skin color, but you tards are obessed with skin color.....OBSSESSED

#DemocratsTooWhite
I find it funny that for these so-called experts on "MLK was a republican" BS -- none of them can come up with a single quote from him except the most milk toast quote......the quote that allows them to skirt around the fact that conservatives have been against every emancipation effort made by every historically oppressed minority group..be it blacks, gays, women, etc...

Why don't you conservatives ever take a second to actually educate yourselves about MLK??
MLK worst evils of society civilization capitalism militarism racism.jpg

View attachment 300693

Barry Goldwater?

It was a joke.
I know you are joking, but there are people on this post who think Goldwater was a civil rights conservative...

#DemocratsTooWhite
I find it funny that for these so-called experts on "MLK was a republican" BS -- none of them can come up with a single quote from him except the most milk toast quote......the quote that allows them to skirt around the fact that conservatives have been against every emancipation effort made by every historically oppressed minority group..be it blacks, gays, women, etc...

Why don't you conservatives ever take a second to actually educate yourselves about MLK??
View attachment 300727

First nothing in my post mentioned that. So you're avoiding my point....#you're stuck on skin color bro.
If you want to discuss his party affiliation, start a new thread, but you're too much of a pussy to do that.

But IN THIS THREAD, answer my question.

Exactly who do you think b'lieves the bullshit you make up, comrade?
Make it up? Would you like to see the black fatherless rate? Would you like to see the crime numbers IN POLICE STATES! Why do you deny facts

View attachment 300725
View attachment 300693

Barry Goldwater?
Maybe you should at least find out who Charleston Heston was during the 50's and 60's before you keep looking stupid....but you are basically proving my point -- you can't find a conservative who stood along side of King during the Civil Rights movement...
Who was he??? Lol

#DemocratsTooWhite

View attachment 300727

First nothing in my post mentioned that. So you're avoiding my point....#you're stuck on skin color bro.
If you want to discuss his party affiliation, start a new thread, but you're too much of a pussy to do that.

I am responding to dic suckers like you who tried to claim he was a republican -- and I noticed your bitch ass didn't say anything to them about starting their own thread....but the minute facts start kicking you in the ass -- now you whine about skin color....

Was MLK talking about skin color in this quote??

08781e213ed3fec163fd2f1fed2673ed--martin-lutherking-king-jr.jpg

#DemocratsTooWhite

View attachment 300727

I am responding to dic suckers like you who tried to claim he was a republican -- and I noticed your bitch ass didn't say anything to them about starting their own thread....but the minute facts start kicking you in the ass -- now you whine about skin color....

View attachment 300728
Again at the end democrats paid him lots of money

View attachment 300725

Barry Goldwater?
Who was he??? Lol
How about I quote from his own bio page...

"Heston's political activism had four stages. In the first stage, 1955–61, he endorsed Democratic candidates for President, and signed on to petitions and liberal political causes. From 1961 until 1972, the second stage, he continued to endorse Democratic candidates for President. Moving beyond Hollywood, he became nationally visible in 1963 in support of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.The third stage began in 1972. Like many [URL='https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoconservative']neoconservatives of the same era who moved from liberal Democrat to conservative Republican, he rejected the liberalism of George McGovern and supported Richard Nixon in 1972 for President. In the 1980s, he gave strong support to Ronald Reagan during his conservative presidency"[/URL]

#DemocratsTooWhite

View attachment 300727

View attachment 300728
Again at the end democrats paid him lots of money
Link?

Forum List

Back