Dr Martin Luther King saved this country

View attachment 300725
Can you name any conservative republicans who were marching along side of MLK??

Matter of fact, can you tell me any conservatives period -- who were there marching along side of MLK?

I'll wait, while you can't?
Barry Goldwater?
Do you understand how pathetic you are??
Maybe you should at least find out who Charleston Heston was during the 50's and 60's before you keep looking stupid....but you are basically proving my point -- you can't find a conservative who stood along side of King during the Civil Rights movement...
Who was he??? Lol
How about I quote from his own bio page...

"Heston's political activism had four stages. In the first stage, 1955–61, he endorsed Democratic candidates for President, and signed on to petitions and liberal political causes. From 1961 until 1972, the second stage, he continued to endorse Democratic candidates for President. Moving beyond Hollywood, he became nationally visible in 1963 in support of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.The third stage began in 1972. Like many neoconservatives of the same era who moved from liberal Democrat to conservative Republican, he rejected the liberalism of George McGovern and supported Richard Nixon in 1972 for President. In the 1980s, he gave strong support to Ronald Reagan during his conservative presidency"
A lot of great Americans were democrats I was a democrat until we woke up

I grew up in the 60's and saw most of the Civil Rights movement. Like most Americans, I was outraged at the assasination of Dr King. When we talked about giving him a national holiday ten years later, I looked at it as a form of appeasement for outraged blacks.....a way of giving them their own holiday to quiet them down.

In reading about the Civil Rights movement in subsequent years, I realized what a great American Dr King was. Black Americans came back after WWII to find that despite fighting and dying in defense of their country, they were still treated like lesser Americans. They found they were not allowed to mingle with whites, were not welcome in much of the country they had fought for. Blacks were considered to be dirty, diseased and sub human. Some whites were outraged at the thought of eating with blacks, using the same restrooms, riding on public transportation with them.

As black Americans began to protest their treatment in their own country they were met with harsh resistance from both white militants and governments who swore to support inequal treatment. Blacks were denied the right to vote, to freely associate, rights to a fair trial. Those who resisted were met with terrorist attacks. Lynchings, bombings, arrest and assasination of their leaders.

Most of us faced with such horrific treatment in our own homeland would fight violence with violence. How would you react if someone spat on your child for trying to go to school?

When the courts did not protect blacks, armed conflict would seem a reasonable response. Dr King knew violence would only result in more violence against you. He modeled the Civil Rights movement around Gandhis peaceful resistance theories. By using cameras to document the treatment of peaceful protestors he saved this country from an armed violent protest that would have destroyed this country.

America returned from WWII as an economic and military superpower. But a country that does not treat its citizens with respect is not a moral superpower. By changing the way we treat our citizens, Dr King, more importantly, saved our soul. By forcing us to look in a mirror and see who we really are, he enabled us to become a truly great country.

On this Martin Luther King day I hope everyone can reflect on what a great American he was and how much better off we all are
He pointed out a wrong...and white America made it right.

I grew up in the 60's and saw most of the Civil Rights movement. Like most Americans, I was outraged at the assasination of Dr King. When we talked about giving him a national holiday ten years later, I looked at it as a form of appeasement for outraged blacks.....a way of giving them their own holiday to quiet them down.

In reading about the Civil Rights movement in subsequent years, I realized what a great American Dr King was. Black Americans came back after WWII to find that despite fighting and dying in defense of their country, they were still treated like lesser Americans. They found they were not allowed to mingle with whites, were not welcome in much of the country they had fought for. Blacks were considered to be dirty, diseased and sub human. Some whites were outraged at the thought of eating with blacks, using the same restrooms, riding on public transportation with them.

As black Americans began to protest their treatment in their own country they were met with harsh resistance from both white militants and governments who swore to support inequal treatment. Blacks were denied the right to vote, to freely associate, rights to a fair trial. Those who resisted were met with terrorist attacks. Lynchings, bombings, arrest and assasination of their leaders.

Most of us faced with such horrific treatment in our own homeland would fight violence with violence. How would you react if someone spat on your child for trying to go to school?

When the courts did not protect blacks, armed conflict would seem a reasonable response. Dr King knew violence would only result in more violence against you. He modeled the Civil Rights movement around Gandhis peaceful resistance theories. By using cameras to document the treatment of peaceful protestors he saved this country from an armed violent protest that would have destroyed this country.

America returned from WWII as an economic and military superpower. But a country that does not treat its citizens with respect is not a moral superpower. By changing the way we treat our citizens, Dr King, more importantly, saved our soul. By forcing us to look in a mirror and see who we really are, he enabled us to become a truly great country.

On this Martin Luther King day I hope everyone can reflect on what a great American he was and how much better off we all are

yeah he said content of his character not skin color, but you tards are obessed with skin color.....OBSSESSED

#DemocratsTooWhite
I find it funny that for these so-called experts on "MLK was a republican" BS -- none of them can come up with a single quote from him except the most milk toast quote......the quote that allows them to skirt around the fact that conservatives have been against every emancipation effort made by every historically oppressed minority group..be it blacks, gays, women, etc...

Why don't you conservatives ever take a second to actually educate yourselves about MLK??
View attachment 300727

First nothing in my post mentioned that. So you're avoiding my point....#you're stuck on skin color bro.
If you want to discuss his party affiliation, start a new thread, but you're too much of a pussy to do that.

But IN THIS THREAD, answer my question.
I am responding to dic suckers like you who tried to claim he was a republican -- and I noticed your bitch ass didn't say anything to them about starting their own thread....but the minute facts start kicking you in the ass -- now you whine about skin color....

Was MLK talking about skin color in this quote??

View attachment 300728

WTF are you talking about? I didn't say anything about party, if you want that discussion, create a thread an ill smoke you in it..

As for skin color quote...……..if I have to tell you which one he made on it.....then you are beyond stupid.....please tell me you need a link to it

Sounds like republicans have always had diver opinions have you heard of Ron Paul?
Can you name any conservative republicans who were marching along side of MLK??

Matter of fact, can you tell me any conservatives period -- who were there marching along side of MLK?

I'll wait, while you can't?
Barry Goldwater?
Definitely don't recall him going down to Alabama during Freedom summer.....

Barry is one of those "I personally don't treat blacks as second class citizens, but businesses should be able to"
It was a joke.
I know you are joking, but there are people on this post who think Goldwater was a civil rights conservative...

Yeah he didn't want the govt to tell business who to hire or fire, which was a principal and nothing to do with race, now why did Al Gore Sr vote against the Civil Rights Act of 1964?

yeah he said content of his character not skin color, but you tards are obessed with skin color.....OBSSESSED

#DemocratsTooWhite
I find it funny that for these so-called experts on "MLK was a republican" BS -- none of them can come up with a single quote from him except the most milk toast quote......the quote that allows them to skirt around the fact that conservatives have been against every emancipation effort made by every historically oppressed minority group..be it blacks, gays, women, etc...

Why don't you conservatives ever take a second to actually educate yourselves about MLK??
View attachment 300727

First nothing in my post mentioned that. So you're avoiding my point....#you're stuck on skin color bro.
If you want to discuss his party affiliation, start a new thread, but you're too much of a pussy to do that.

I am responding to dic suckers like you who tried to claim he was a republican -- and I noticed your bitch ass didn't say anything to them about starting their own thread....but the minute facts start kicking you in the ass -- now you whine about skin color....

View attachment 300728

WTF are you talking about? I didn't say anything about party, if you want that discussion, create a thread an ill smoke you in it..

As for skin color quote...……..if I have to tell you which one he made on it.....then you are beyond stupid.....please tell me you need a link to it

I was responding to this comment
z-fntitled.jpg

Since you claim it doesn't pertain to you, why did you hop your stupid ass into my comments??

You should have ignored it like you OBVIOUSLY ignored your fellow conservatives trying to claim MLK was a republican....

What a joke.

Thomas Sowell has done a good job of proving that if blacks had been allowed to assimilate as other groups had...they would not have the issues they have today.

Of course, being black himself, Sowell was instantly branded an Uncle Tom.

What a joke.

Thomas Sowell has done a good job of proving that if blacks had been allowed to assimilate as other groups had...they would not have the issues they have today.

Assimilate??

Exactly how does a black person assimilate in your mind??

Like what does an assimilated black person look like?

I'll wait

What a joke.

Assimilate??

I'll wait

Spend some time with Sowells writings.

Blacks assimilate like the Chinese did.

You know....those yellow people.

#DemocratsTooWhite

View attachment 300727

View attachment 300728
Again at the end democrats paid him lots of money
Link?
Look
Where that speech took place .. wake up
Idiot.. are you white??

Ok ok so I dug deep in MLK and his associations

so he Belonged to the
Southern Christian Leadership Conference,
Founded with a brotha named
Bayard Rustin,, and bayard was a race pimp.. he belonged to
Bayard Rustin (/ˈbaɪ.ərd/; March 17, 1912 – August 24, 1987) was an American leader in social movements for civil rights, socialism, nonviolence, and gay rights.

HE WAS A SOCIALIST FOLKS..

These groups were paid money to make speeches!

Some of mlk’s last speeches were at universities,, run by communist ..

The man sold out.. not money speaking the truth at church but at colleges you could make money

What a joke.

Assimilate??

I'll wait

Assimilation was the Booker T Washington choice. Unfortunately most blacks went with WEB Dubois.

Assimilation isn't the proper term here, more like working within the system and trying to better yourself

instead of that, they went to grievance politics, which are never sated......no matter how good you have it, it's never enough.

Blacks have the best economy they have ever fully participated in (for you lefties, this means post democrat Jim Crow laws)

Blacks have now been President, Atty General, Sec of State, Governors, Mayors, police chiefs, and many other gov offices
They have started successful businesses (Robert Johnson of BET)
and they have been hired as CEOs as well (Robert Parsons of Time Warner)

yet you dipshits still insist there is some institutional racism that holds them back. Ironically it's THAT thought (of making excuses to the point that people aligned with you (aka leftwingers) call hardwork, code for white supremacy, I'm not joking)

The blacks that try and not whine, do well, those that do are either pols using it to gain power or people who fail in life. Again anyone with that thought process no matter the race will fail in life

#DemocratsTooWhite

View attachment 300727

View attachment 300728

View attachment 300732

Since you claim it doesn't pertain to you, why did you hop your stupid ass into my comments??

You should have ignored it like you OBVIOUSLY ignored your fellow conservatives trying to claim MLK was a republican....

Most blacks when he gre up were republicans

other republican blacks:
Jesse Owens ( a guy that didn't boycott like a lefty, he was conservative and went to Germany and won, thus changing the world, a boycott is for pussies who cant hack it)
Jackie Robinson- Broke the baseball color barrier
Alveda King- MLK's niece IS a republican, and a Trump supporter.

There are tons….but republicans don't like socialism nor do they like violent political activism like the democrats do.
Republicans are not violet like the democrats and they don't try and suppress democrats, unlike democrats who always try to suppress republicans and conservatives.

:rolleyes:
Dude, you're just trolling now.
It is an insult to MLK and all TRUE civil rights fighters to filth up this thread with this piece of garbage.
It wouldn't be hard to quote at least 50 lines from MLK speeches/writings that is categorically the opposite of this crook
If MLK were alive today...he would know John Lewis...he wouldn't know you and he definitely wouldn't support the policies you CURRENTLY stand for..so fuk what you whining about

If MLK was alive today he would still be a republican.

If Kennedy and Truman were alive today they would be republicans.

He knows nothing.
MLK would be outraged and disgusted by the likes of Lewis who was very instrumental in creating the victim/dependent mentality.
MLK admired John Lewis

Lewis is an American Patriot, just like Dr King was

Uh huh...wore out your stirring stick yet today?
It is well documented how much Dr King admired John Lewis
For a young man in his 20s, Lewis took beatings, arrests, threats on his life........all in the name of Liberty and Freedom

View attachment 300727

View attachment 300728

View attachment 300732

other republican blacks:
Jesse Owens ( a guy that didn't boycott like a lefty, he was conservative and went to Germany and won, thus changing the world, a boycott is for pussies who cant hack it)

There are tons….but republicans don't like socialism nor do they like violent political activism like the democrats do.
Republicans are not violet like the democrats and they don't try and suppress democrats, unlike democrats who always try to suppress republicans and conservatives.
By FDR, most blacks were Democrats

If MLK were alive today...he would know John Lewis...he wouldn't know you and he definitely wouldn't support the policies you CURRENTLY stand for..so fuk what you whining about

He knows nothing.
MLK would be outraged and disgusted by the likes of Lewis who was very instrumental in creating the victim/dependent mentality.
MLK admired John Lewis

For a young man in his 20s, Lewis took beatings, arrests, threats on his life........all in the name of Liberty and Freedom

Save the memorials for when he is gone. For now, it makes more sense to judge him on what he has done in the last ten years.

View attachment 300728

View attachment 300732

other republican blacks:

Way before the Dems embraced Civil Rights. Interesting. Almost like it has more to do with government social spending than civil rights.

What a joke.

Assimilate??

I'll wait

Assimilation was the Booker T Washington choice. Unfortunately most blacks went with WEB Dubois.

Assimilation isn't the proper term here, more like working within the system and trying to better yourself

instead of that, they went to grievance politics, which are never sated......no matter how good you have it, it's never enough.

Blacks have the best economy they have ever fully participated in (for you lefties, this means post democrat Jim Crow laws)

Blacks have now been President, Atty General, Sec of State, Governors, Mayors, police chiefs, and many other gov offices
They have started successful businesses (Robert Johnson of BET)
and they have been hired as CEOs as well (Robert Parsons of Time Warner)

yet you dipshits still insist there is some institutional racism that holds them back. Ironically it's THAT thought (of making excuses to the point that people aligned with you (aka leftwingers) call hardwork, code for white supremacy, I'm not joking)

The blacks that try and not whine, do well, those that do are either pols using it to gain power or people who fail in life. Again anyone with that thought process no matter the race will fail in life

America’s blacks “went along with” working with the system for 100 years waiting for equal treatment under the law.

They could have resorted to armed revolt like our founders did, but chose peaceful resistance instead.....
That is how Dr King saved this country

View attachment 300727

View attachment 300728

View attachment 300732

other republican blacks:

Ok, whatever you need to tell yourself to feel better.....

He knows nothing.
MLK admired John Lewis

Save the memorials for when he is gone. For now, it makes more sense to judge him on what he has done in the last ten years.
He is one of our greatest Congressmen

View attachment 300728

View attachment 300732

other republican blacks:

Way before the Dems embraced Civil Rights. Interesting. Almost like it has more to do with government social spending than civil rights.
Social security is one of the most popular and successful programs in US history...why are blacks maligned for supporting policies that benefit them?? but no one else is??

Forum List

Back