Dr Collins, top geneticist, and CHRISTIAN....

could change,that sounds reliable. I will post evidence if I can tomorrow to show this what happens after an organism has supposedly been on this planet. Remember the coelacanth fish and the change it showed after 370 million years :lol:

Wow. Still quoting the coelacanth even though i acknowledged that i had no idea what i was talking about there. Why havent you addressed the Eryops, which is what i should have claimed in the first place.

Lol if were going to dig up stupid things the other person has said your gonna look bad....

Remember how the laws of physics "could" have been different in the past? And how human DNA "could" have been perfect? And how atoms "could" have decayed differently.

"could, that sounds reliable."

Why would I put much stock in that theory if they didn't come up with that creature until they were proven wrong ? Don't you get it they have no clue.

How is that proof evolution is wrong? More indications you dont know what your talking about. Evolution is a branching process, not a linear one. The Coelacanth was thought to be in between the fish and animals like the eryops. We now know that its a separate branch, not a continuation of the lineage from fish to amphibian. That doesnt change the role of the eryops. The eryops was found before the Coelacanth. Its role in the evolutionary chain was established before the coelacanth was reclassified.

" The point I was making they said said that through their dating method it was like 370 million years old and it went extinct 70 million years ago. But they discovered it in 1938 and its been observed in the wild since."

The discovery that the species isnt extinct doesnt change the age of the fossils found previously.

and to say that the organism hasnt changed very much is a total guess. I assume you havent researched the genome of the coelacanth.

Wow. Still quoting the coelacanth even though i acknowledged that i had no idea what i was talking about there. Why havent you addressed the Eryops, which is what i should have claimed in the first place.

Lol if were going to dig up stupid things the other person has said your gonna look bad....

Remember how the laws of physics "could" have been different in the past? And how human DNA "could" have been perfect? And how atoms "could" have decayed differently.

"could, that sounds reliable."

Why would I put much stock in that theory if they didn't come up with that creature until they were proven wrong ? Don't you get it they have no clue.

How is that proof evolution is wrong? More indications you dont know what your talking about. Evolution is a branching process, not a linear one. The Coelacanth was thought to be in between the fish and animals like the eryops. We now know that its a separate branch, not a continuation of the lineage from fish to amphibian. That doesnt change the role of the eryops. The eryops was found before the Coelacanth. Its role in the evolutionary chain was established before the coelacanth was reclassified.

Only a tool would take that evidence so lightly,how bout the countless other organisms showing no change ? If we were constantly evolving we see no evidence of it in countless organisms ? There is constant change within a group , but that group does not change into a distinct new kind of group.

" The point I was making they said said that through their dating method it was like 370 million years old and it went extinct 70 million years ago. But they discovered it in 1938 and its been observed in the wild since."

The discovery that the species isnt extinct doesnt change the age of the fossils found previously.

and to say that the organism hasnt changed very much is a total guess. I assume you havent researched the genome of the coelacanth.

Ok I guess we are gonna have show you oil is made up of hydrocarbons. Might as well cover the dating methods as well.

Only a tool would take that evidence so lightly,how bout the countless other organisms showing no change ? If we were constantly evolving we see no evidence of it in countless organisms ? There is constant change within a group , but that group does not change into a distinct new kind of group.

Your thoroughly misunderstood. The coelacanth has not survivedunchanged for millions of years becayse the coelacanth is not one organism. Its an order animals (now were getting into taxonomic ranking, dont get confused). When you say "the coelacanth was found in 1938", your referring to a new animal that is the only living member of the coelacanth order. Not one animal that has survived unchanged for millions of years.

In 1938 biologists identified a new genus of animal (group of species) called Latimeria. Latimeria itself has not continued unchaged for millions of years, its just a member of the coelacanth order, which biologists thought had long since died out.

Ok I guess we are gonna have show you oil is made up of hydrocarbons. Might as well cover the dating methods as well.

Lol yea lets cover dating methods. Tell me again how atom decayed at different rates in the past? :lol:

Lol no one is saying oil isnt made up of hydrocarbons. Hydrocarbons are organic material. Organic matter is matter made of a carbon backbone surrounded by hydrogen, which is a hydrocarbon. Thats my point. Oil is produced by decaying organic matter.

Your thoroughly misunderstood. The coelacanth has not survivedunchanged for millions of years becayse the coelacanth is not one organism. Its an order animals (now were getting into taxonomic ranking, dont get confused). When you say "the coelacanth was found in 1938", your referring to a new animal that is the only living member of the coelacanth order. Not one animal that has survived unchanged for millions of years.

In 1938 biologists identified a new genus of animal (group of species) called Latimeria. Latimeria itself has not continued unchaged for millions of years, its just a member of the coelacanth order, which biologists thought had long since died out.​

Oh I am not confused I am well aware of the cleanup they had to do to lighten the blow.​

Last edited:

In 1938 biologists identified a new genus of animal (group of species) called Latimeria. Latimeria itself has not continued unchaged for millions of years, its just a member of the coelacanth order, which biologists thought had long since died out.​

Oh I am not confused I am well aware of the cleanup they had to lighten the blow.​

Wow. So tell me again that the Genus Latimeria has survived unchanged for the last hundred million years. You have the amazing ability to drop a topic once someone proves you wrong. Your main hypothesis was that this creature had existed unchanged for hundreds of millions of years and it hasnt. You only came to that conclusion because you thought the coelacanth was a single animal rather than an entire group of animals, most of which are exinct. Thats a seriously flawed understanding of what your talking about. It undermines your entire argument. Its just a member of a group of animals that we didnt think existed any more. The animal itself has NOT remained unchanged.​

Lol no one is saying oil isnt made up of hydrocarbons. Hydrocarbons are organic material. Organic matter is matter made of a carbon backbone surrounded by hydrogen, which is a hydrocarbon. Thats my point. Oil is produced by decaying organic matter.

You said plants and animals. That is why you turned to article from Wikipedia on fossil fuels.

Last edited:
Oh and by the way,the only Wikipedia you should concern yourself with is creation Wikipedia. Least those guys can be trusted and actually hold degrees in what they speak on.

Go figure.

This should make drock and cbirch implode as they try to intelligently divert and pontificate this away, using non-related wiki articles and such....

"
Francis Sellers Collins (born April 14, 1950), is an American physician-geneticist, noted for his landmark discoveries of disease genes and his leadership of the Human Genome Project (HGP) and described by the Endocrine Society as "one of the most accomplished scientists of our time".[1][2] He currently serves as Director of the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland. Collins has written a book about his Christian faith. He founded and was president of the BioLogos Foundation before accepting the nomination to lead the NIH. On October 14, 2009, Pope Benedict XVI appointed Francis Collins to the Pontifical Academy of Sciences.[3]
Dr. Francis Collins is a member of the USA Science & Engineering Festival's Nifty Fifty, a collection of the most influential scientists and engineers in the United States that are dedicated to reinvigorating the interest of young people in science and engineering.[4] "

Funny how the main players in the Human Genome Project are Christians.

Isn't that odd? They know more about human genetics than anyone on the planet...and yet they believe God created us.

CRRAAAAAZZZYYYY!

Francis Collins - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oooh? Would you like a gold star for looking this up?

Last edited:

Lol yea lets cover dating methods. Tell me again how atom decayed at different rates in the past? :lol:

I'll have more then that for you.:lol:

You said plants and animals. That is why you turned to article from Wikipedia on fossil fuels.

Plants and animals are organic material....

Quick point Allie, not all christians are the crazy evolution deniers that you and YWC are.

Not all christians think T-Rex's were herbivores, not all christians think lions quietly sat side by side next to antelopes waiting for Noah to sail them around.

Only crazy fundies think that kind of nonsense is true, most christians are more intelligent.

^^^^^^
that

Oh and by the way,the only Wikipedia you should concern yourself with is creation Wikipedia. Least those guys can be trusted and actually hold degrees in what they speak on.

Im sure they all have degrees. Degrees from universities that arent accredited...

Only someone that truly doesnt understand science would trust a source that has an open bias. Im sure once piece of information favoring evolution is going to make it into creation wiki...right...

Why do you think science has some sort of agenda. Scientists might, science does not. The debate about evolution among the people actually knowledgeable about the subject took place 150 - 100 years ago. Only people that have no idea what their talking about argue anything else.

You think DNA being perfect has something to do with mutations during the DNA replication process. You think atoms could have decayed at a different rate in the past. You dont understand the taxonomic classification system. You run away from the argument every time you get proved wrong. You have no idea what your talking about, none at all, yet you think you actually know something.

:lol:

I'll have more then that for you.:lol:

Uh oh hes gonna go to his creationist websites to learn chemistry. Never mind a chemistry book...that has no information...

I already know what your going to find and i already have my rebuttal. Ive been thinking about it the whole time....laughing...like lololol.:rofl:

BTW i source wiki so you dont think im just making it up.

If you think i had to go to the wiki on fossil fuels to know that oil is made from organic material (dead animals, hydrocarbons, however you look at it), your dumb. Thats organic chemistry 101.

On October 14, 2009, Pope Benedict XVI appointed Francis Collins to the Pontifical Academy of Sciences.

Is the guy a pedophile?

Forum List

Back