Dr Collins, top geneticist, and CHRISTIAN....

AllieBaba

Rookie
Oct 2, 2007
Go figure.

This should make drock and cbirch implode as they try to intelligently divert and pontificate this away, using non-related wiki articles and such....

"
Francis Sellers Collins (born April 14, 1950), is an American physician-geneticist, noted for his landmark discoveries of disease genes and his leadership of the Human Genome Project (HGP) and described by the Endocrine Society as "one of the most accomplished scientists of our time".[1][2] He currently serves as Director of the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland. Collins has written a book about his Christian faith. He founded and was president of the BioLogos Foundation before accepting the nomination to lead the NIH. On October 14, 2009, Pope Benedict XVI appointed Francis Collins to the Pontifical Academy of Sciences.[3]
Dr. Francis Collins is a member of the USA Science & Engineering Festival's Nifty Fifty, a collection of the most influential scientists and engineers in the United States that are dedicated to reinvigorating the interest of young people in science and engineering.[4] "

Funny how the main players in the Human Genome Project are Christians.

Isn't that odd? They know more about human genetics than anyone on the planet...and yet they believe God created us.

CRRAAAAAZZZYYYY!

Francis Collins - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

• Banned
"
The Language of God: A Scientist Presents Evidence for Belief is a bestselling book by Francis Collins in which he advocates theistic evolution. Francis Collins is an American physician-geneticist, noted for his landmark discoveries of disease genes, and his leadership of the Human Genome Project (HGP). He currently serves as the Director of the US National Institutes of Health. In the book, Collins describes briefly the process by which he became a Christian.[1][2]
Collins raises arguments for the idea of God from biology, astrophysics, psychology and other disciplines. He cites many famous thinkers, most prevalently C. S. Lewis, as well as Saint Augustine, Stephen Hawking, Charles Darwin, Theodosius Dobzhansky and others. In 2007 Christianity Today judged it one of the best books of the previous year.[3] "

The Language of God: A Scientist Presents Evidence for Belief - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Drock and cbirch have never even heard of this guy, yet they present themselves as (big dramatic voice here:) SUPER DUPER SCIENTIFIC SUPERSTARS who are smarter than the average Christian...
Lol....

Quick point Allie, not all christians are the crazy evolution deniers that you and YWC are.

Not all christians think T-Rex's were herbivores, not all christians think lions quietly sat side by side next to antelopes waiting for Noah to sail them around.

Only crazy fundies think that kind of nonsense is true, most christians are more intelligent.

• Banned
I've never denied evolution. I deny that evolution is the way new species are created.

"MR. COLLINS: I actually do not believe that there are any collisions between what I believe as a Christian, and what I know and have learned about as a scientist. "

Interview: Francis Collins

But you do believe T-Rex and everything else were herbivores and that 2 of every animal was on Noah's Ark and it had all the plants and freshwater they needed?

I don't think he's saying God created us directly. Rather, he's saying that God created the rules of nature and got the ball rolling for evolution with the Big Bang. Perfectly reasonable, if you're an evolutionist and a theist. The proof of God's existence, however, is, as it always is, philosophical not scientific.

• Banned
What his particular belief is is irrelevant.

The point is, retards like cbirch and drock pontificate ad nauseum about "anyone who knows anything about science, genetics, biology, blah blah blah know that the existence of God has been disproven!"

They're full of shit, which is pretty obvious, but I just wanted to share with them what their betters believe.

The point is, retards like cbirch and drock pontificate ad nauseum about "anyone who knows anything about science, genetics, biology, blah blah blah know that the existence of God has been disproven!"

They're full of shit, which is pretty obvious, but I just wanted to share with them what their betters believe.

Lol Allie this is why I love ya as a poster.

I've stated the exact opposite of what you accuse me of saying, and I've stated the exact opposite many times, even on the "Here come the creationist!" thread where we went back and forth over and over.

I've never once said God has been disproven, I've stated the exact opposite, that no god has ever been disproven.

Keep up the good work, don't let those competing voices in your head get in the way of reality :clap2:.

This should be fun;

Please provide one instance that I said any aspect of science proves God doesn't exist.

aaaaaaaaaaand...........................GO!

How come whenever I ask Allie for proof of a quote she vanishes and the thread dies off?

Oh, I'm sorry..I get so distracted by you repeatedly and dishonestly (or mistakenly) claiming I deny evolution that I have a hard time following all the rest of your drivel...what did you want again?

But first find where I denied evolution.

Pffft...

You are funny, if nothing else.

And on Monday I'll provide whatever silliness you ask for too. I think you've pretty much affirmed here you're full of shit.

And it didn't take any time at all.

Pffft...

You are funny, if nothing else.

And on Monday I'll provide whatever silliness you ask for too. I think you've pretty much affirmed here you're full of shit.

And it didn't take any time at all.

Uh oh, Allie is kicking up the ad hominem, must have been proven wrong again!

No I was giving you all weekend to find me ever once saying "science disproves god."

But then again we both know I've never said anything remotely like that, but that would mean you'd have to admit you're wrong, which is as likely to be true as T-Rex being a herbivore.

Have a great weekend!

Quick point Allie, not all christians are the crazy evolution deniers that you and YWC are.

Not all christians think T-Rex's were herbivores, not all christians think lions quietly sat side by side next to antelopes waiting for Noah to sail them around.

Only crazy fundies think that kind of nonsense is true, most christians are more intelligent.

Only a nitwit of the Bode species would be stupid enough to deny, within just a few posts, something that is still up on the same page of the same thread.

See you monday, loser.

Go figure.

This should make drock and cbirch implode as they try to intelligently divert and pontificate this away, using non-related wiki articles and such....

"
Francis Sellers Collins (born April 14, 1950), is an American physician-geneticist, noted for his landmark discoveries of disease genes and his leadership of the Human Genome Project (HGP) and described by the Endocrine Society as "one of the most accomplished scientists of our time".[1][2] He currently serves as Director of the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland. Collins has written a book about his Christian faith. He founded and was president of the BioLogos Foundation before accepting the nomination to lead the NIH. On October 14, 2009, Pope Benedict XVI appointed Francis Collins to the Pontifical Academy of Sciences.[3]
Dr. Francis Collins is a member of the USA Science & Engineering Festival's Nifty Fifty, a collection of the most influential scientists and engineers in the United States that are dedicated to reinvigorating the interest of young people in science and engineering.[4] "

Funny how the main players in the Human Genome Project are Christians.

Isn't that odd? They know more about human genetics than anyone on the planet...and yet they believe God created us.

CRRAAAAAZZZYYYY!

Francis Collins - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Funny how many christians are more logical than you are.

Of Francis Collins:
"His own belief system is theistic evolution or evolutionary creation which he prefers to term BioLogos"

You wont find actual biologists (ones with degrees at accredited institutions) that dont believe evolution. Evolution doesnt preclude god, they can coexist. The last pope believed in evolution. Im sure alliebaba of USMB just has some information the pope and a leader of the human genome project havent seen....

Last edited:
I've never denied evolution. I deny that evolution is the way new species are created.

"MR. COLLINS: I actually do not believe that there are any collisions between what I believe as a Christian, and what I know and have learned about as a scientist. "

Then you believe in natural selection and diversification, not evolution. The title of darwins book was "on the origin of new species". Evolution includes speciation, if you dont believe in speciation you dont believe in evolution. If you think you do you either dont know what the term means or just created your own meaning for it.

The very person your telling us to look into believes in evolution in the fullest sense of the term, not in your half baked definition of evolution that you just made up.

Last edited:

Did i ever once say that? One time? I said anyone that doesnt believe in evolution is stupid, i said that many times. I didnt say god doesnt exist one time.

Stop having fake arguments allie. come on now.

Then you believe in natural selection and diversification, not evolution. The title of darwins book was "on the origin of new species". Evolution includes speciation, if you dont believe in speciation you dont believe in evolution. If you think you do you either dont know what the term means or just created your own meaning for it.

The very person your telling us to look into believes in evolution in the fullest sense of the term, not in your half baked definition of evolution that you just made up.

You know, I don't believe I've shared what my definition of evolution is, or even how I think it fits with my faith. All I've said is that evolution doesn't explain diverse, individual species.

And it doesn't.

Are you ever going to find the quote that shows me saying what you have in your siggy?

You won't, cuz it's something you made up. Talk about half baked. :lol:

Forum List

Back