Dr Collins, top geneticist, and CHRISTIAN....

Go figure.

This should make drock and cbirch implode as they try to intelligently divert and pontificate this away, using non-related wiki articles and such....

"
Francis Sellers Collins (born April 14, 1950), is an American physician-geneticist, noted for his landmark discoveries of disease genes and his leadership of the Human Genome Project (HGP) and described by the Endocrine Society as "one of the most accomplished scientists of our time".[1][2] He currently serves as Director of the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland. Collins has written a book about his Christian faith. He founded and was president of the BioLogos Foundation before accepting the nomination to lead the NIH. On October 14, 2009, Pope Benedict XVI appointed Francis Collins to the Pontifical Academy of Sciences.[3]
Dr. Francis Collins is a member of the USA Science & Engineering Festival's Nifty Fifty, a collection of the most influential scientists and engineers in the United States that are dedicated to reinvigorating the interest of young people in science and engineering.[4] "

Funny how the main players in the Human Genome Project are Christians.

Isn't that odd? They know more about human genetics than anyone on the planet...and yet they believe God created us.

CRRAAAAAZZZYYYY!

Francis Collins - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Funny you assume you know what they believe because they identify with a religion they were probably indoctrinated in since birth. Funny.

Anyone who works with genes accepts evolution as fact. Funny.

What his particular belief is is irrelevant.

The point is, retards like cbirch and drock pontificate ad nauseum about "anyone who knows anything about science, genetics, biology, blah blah blah know that the existence of God has been disproven!"

They're full of shit, which is pretty obvious, but I just wanted to share with them what their betters believe.

Did i ever once say that? One time? I said anyone that doesnt believe in evolution is stupid, i said that many times. I didnt say god doesnt exist one time.

Stop having fake arguments allie. come on now.

You're a loon.

I never said I don't believe in evolution. Not once. Nevah.

I think you must be obsessive compulsive. You attach to a wrong headed idea and you can't let it go.

Go figure.

This should make drock and cbirch implode as they try to intelligently divert and pontificate this away, using non-related wiki articles and such....

"
Francis Sellers Collins (born April 14, 1950), is an American physician-geneticist, noted for his landmark discoveries of disease genes and his leadership of the Human Genome Project (HGP) and described by the Endocrine Society as "one of the most accomplished scientists of our time".[1][2] He currently serves as Director of the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland. Collins has written a book about his Christian faith. He founded and was president of the BioLogos Foundation before accepting the nomination to lead the NIH. On October 14, 2009, Pope Benedict XVI appointed Francis Collins to the Pontifical Academy of Sciences.[3]
Dr. Francis Collins is a member of the USA Science & Engineering Festival's Nifty Fifty, a collection of the most influential scientists and engineers in the United States that are dedicated to reinvigorating the interest of young people in science and engineering.[4] "

Isn't that odd? They know more about human genetics than anyone on the planet...and yet they believe God created us.

CRRAAAAAZZZYYYY!

My favorite biologist, Ken Miller, is a Roman Catholic (actively).

He just doesn't try to interject his religious beliefs into his professional work.

I think it's silly to draw conclusions on the existence of God by the number of scientists who are or are not religious.

The point is, do they let their religious beliefs influence their professional work?

I've never denied evolution. I deny that evolution is the way new species are created.

"MR. COLLINS: I actually do not believe that there are any collisions between what I believe as a Christian, and what I know and have learned about as a scientist. "

Interview: Francis Collins

Then you believe in natural selection and diversification, not evolution. The title of darwins book was "on the origin of new species". Evolution includes speciation, if you dont believe in speciation you dont believe in evolution. If you think you do you either dont know what the term means or just created your own meaning for it.

The very person your telling us to look into believes in evolution in the fullest sense of the term, not in your half baked definition of evolution that you just made up.

You know, I don't believe I've shared what my definition of evolution is, or even how I think it fits with my faith. All I've said is that evolution doesn't explain diverse, individual species.

And it doesn't.

Are you ever going to find the quote that shows me saying what you have in your siggy?

You won't, cuz it's something you made up. Talk about half baked. :lol:

You've said evolution only happens within species, correct? You believe that god created a specific set of creatures that are, more or less, similar to creatures of today. Some have diversified among themselves (like the dog and the wolf) via what you call "evolution", which is really natural selection. Some others may seem similar (dog and coyote, the jackals), but were none the less created as distinct species by god. Am i correct in saying that this is what you believe?

Last edited:

The point is, retards like cbirch and drock pontificate ad nauseum about "anyone who knows anything about science, genetics, biology, blah blah blah know that the existence of God has been disproven!"

They're full of shit, which is pretty obvious, but I just wanted to share with them what their betters believe.

Did i ever once say that? One time? I said anyone that doesnt believe in evolution is stupid, i said that many times. I didnt say god doesnt exist one time.

You're a loon.

I never said I don't believe in evolution. Not once. Nevah.

I think you must be obsessive compulsive. You attach to a wrong headed idea and you can't let it go.

Lol i guess your right. You just redefined the entire theory of evolution and intelligently declared that you believe in "evolution".

I knew a gynecologist who was a very devout Christian

What does that tell you?

Go figure.

"

CRRAAAAAZZZYYYY!

My favorite biologist, Ken Miller, is a Roman Catholic (actively).

He just doesn't try to interject his religious beliefs into his professional work.

I think it's silly to draw conclusions on the existence of God by the number of scientists who are or are not religious.

The point is, do they let their religious beliefs influence their professional work?

I think it's silly, too. Which is why I dug these guys up..the bible bashers insiste on presenting pretend scientific *evidence* and claim that nobody who knows anything about science could POSSIBLY believe in God. They're wrong.

And why do you care if someone's religious beliefs influence their professional work? We're influenced by every aspect of our being, and the freedom to be openly religious is what freedom of religion is all about. Dr Collins, for example, is known as being an expert in ETHICS. Don't you think his value system and religion probably have considerable influence?

I think it's silly, too. Which is why I dug these guys up..the bible bashers insiste on presenting pretend scientific *evidence* and claim that nobody who knows anything about science could POSSIBLY believe in God. They're wrong.

And why do you care if someone's religious beliefs influence their professional work? We're influenced by every aspect of our being, and the freedom to be openly religious is what freedom of religion is all about. Dr Collins, for example, is known as being an expert in ETHICS. Don't you think his value system and religion probably have considerable influence?

I only care if it influences the methodology behind their hypothesis or expirements.

I don't care if it inspires their work.

No one said science disproves god. We said science and fact support evolution. Where are you getting these crazy notions from?

Then you believe in natural selection and diversification, not evolution. The title of darwins book was "on the origin of new species". Evolution includes speciation, if you dont believe in speciation you dont believe in evolution. If you think you do you either dont know what the term means or just created your own meaning for it.

The very person your telling us to look into believes in evolution in the fullest sense of the term, not in your half baked definition of evolution that you just made up.

You know, I don't believe I've shared what my definition of evolution is, or even how I think it fits with my faith. All I've said is that evolution doesn't explain diverse, individual species.

And it doesn't.

Are you ever going to find the quote that shows me saying what you have in your siggy?

You won't, cuz it's something you made up. Talk about half baked. :lol:

You've said evolution only happens within species, correct? You believe that god created a specific set of creatures that are, more or less, similar to creatures of today. Some have diversified among themselves (like the dog and the wolf) via what you call "evolution", which is really natural selection. Some others may seem similar (dog and coyote, the jackals), but were none the less created as distinct species by god. Am i correct in saying that this is what you believe?

I have no idea. You're so confused regarding the terminology I can't make much sense out if it. At any rate, I never said anything like what you've put up there.

Ok, so here's the gist of what you say...

You say that evolution exists as if anyone has argued that.

However, you also imply that evolution explains diverse species. That is what Christians stick at.

You don't seem capable of understanding that it's not all or nothing. I've never said that species don't diversify and change within a species.

But what is true and real is that evolution does NOT explain diverse species. You seem to be arguing that if one believes in evolution one must believe it plays a role in the creation of new species.

So define your terms. Do you believe evolution explains diverse species? If you do, where is your evidence? You're arguing at me as if by denying that this evidence exists I'm denying diversification within a species. I'm not, I never have. They're two different things.

Oh, I'm sorry..I get so distracted by you repeatedly and dishonestly (or mistakenly) claiming I deny evolution that I have a hard time following all the rest of your drivel...what did you want again?

But first find where I denied evolution.

What they don't understand allie and it went right over their heads is when I use the term micro adaptations I really mean micro evolution. They never even caught that. Here cones the ol creationist term argument, lol. Which by the way are pretty much the same thing. Neither of us deny evolution within a group or species I would have thought they would have caught on.

I really hate it when people act like they have some sort of superior understanding when it comes down to ignorance. He's ignorant of the terms and while we're all ignorant of different topics at different times, he's pretending he knows what the hell he's talking about, and everybody else is lacking in understanding.

I am not lacking in understanding at all. I don't know everything there is to know, but I do know that evolution does NOT explain diverse species. And yet (this seems to be beyond his capability to grasp) I DO recognize that species can vary greatly within their species. It's something we can observe and even control.

They aren't the same thing.

Go figure.

"

CRRAAAAAZZZYYYY!

Funny how many christians are more logical than you are.

Of Francis Collins:
"His own belief system is theistic evolution or evolutionary creation which he prefers to term BioLogos"

You wont find actual biologists (ones with degrees at accredited institutions) that dont believe evolution. Evolution doesnt preclude god, they can coexist. The last pope believed in evolution. Im sure alliebaba of USMB just has some information the pope and a leader of the human genome project havent seen....

you just proved what Allie said about you ,now if he can figure out what that is.:lol:

I've never denied evolution. I deny that evolution is the way new species are created.

"MR. COLLINS: I actually do not believe that there are any collisions between what I believe as a Christian, and what I know and have learned about as a scientist. "

Interview: Francis Collins

No its called micro evolution or a better term is micro adaptations.

Which one , Micro evolution or macro evolution or micro adaptations ?

Go figure.

"

CRRAAAAAZZZYYYY!

Funny you assume you know what they believe because they identify with a religion they were probably indoctrinated in since birth. Funny.

Anyone who works with genes accepts evolution as fact. Funny.

Oh boy another one :lol:

Oh, I'm sorry..I get so distracted by you repeatedly and dishonestly (or mistakenly) claiming I deny evolution that I have a hard time following all the rest of your drivel...what did you want again?

But first find where I denied evolution.

What they don't understand allie and it went right over their heads is when I use the term micro adaptations I really mean micro evolution. They never even caught that. Here cones the ol creationist term argument, lol. Which by the way are pretty much the same thing. Neither of us deny evolution within a group or species I would have thought they would have caught on.

We understand perfectly. This is a lame semantics argument that only the people who have a bias to disprove evolution get wrapped around the axle about.

The field itself is not terribly concerned with "Micro" and "Macro" evolution because evolution is seen as a continual process with no real discrete line that delineates micro evolution or macro evolution.

As I have said before, saying you believe in micro evolution but not macro evolution is like saying you believe in a penny but not a quarter.

If you accept that micro evolutionary events can happen, then how can you justify some natural bar to prevent macro evolution from occurring?

It makes no sense.

Forum List

Back