Dow set to make history on gains.

Ah..so one bath a year makes you a gentleman of leisure, eh?

Have a nice day, GotBucks!

What in the fuck are you babbling about, you drunk idiot?

Seriously..you ever have a point to make? Or are you here just to pick fights.

If anybody ever sees him contribute anything true, good and useful to a thread, that is not a personal shot, nor a cheap shot at Obama (I said cheap. If he can make a good point following the rules of debate - what am I saying, that'll never happen.) Anyway. If he ever shows up here sober and in his right mind, somebody give me a head's up, so I can pos rep him.

Nope.

But the rich ARE getting richer.

And dammit..ain't that what it's all about?

And any day now, all that wealth is going to come trckling down upon us.

If Obama has his way it will become a torrent into the pockets of those unwilling or unable unable to generate it themselves.

I don't think Obama will have his way though.

Get back to work you slaggers. Make business! Make small business instead of whining about tough times.

js.

So there's no value in labor?

If Obama has his way it will become a torrent into the pockets of those unwilling or unable unable to generate it themselves.

Get back to work you slaggers. Make business! Make small business instead of whining about tough times.

js.

The value is to get it as cheaply as you can.

js.

I'm pretty interested in this because most conservatives think if you work for someone, you have no value. But the pity is, most enterpreneurs need someone to work for them. And if everyone owned a business, could you imagine the chaos?

I'm pretty interested in this because most conservatives think if you work for someone, you have no value. But the pity is, most enterpreneurs need someone to work for them. And if everyone owned a business, could you imagine the chaos?

What in the hell do you know about work, dumbass?

What in the hell do you know about work, dumbass?

Well I was a trucker/mover for 11 years. Something you wouldn't be able to do. And I worked for the NYSE for 13 years. Something you wouldn't be able to do.

I've carried refridgerators up six flights on my back..and moved data centers that do billions of trades.

Something you wouldn't be able to do.

Stupid.

Don't businesses buy from other businesses? And aren't there multitudes of consumers that work for those same businesses?

It seems to me that there are two kinds of American workers:

1. Entrepreneur type
2. Clock in, Clock out type

The entrepreneur of course builds businesses and employs people and the clock in and out types are happy to work for them.

My wife is the Entrepreneur having started multiple businesses (some successful, some not) while I have merely worked for multiple businesses! :lol:

I'm not trying to give you an Economics lesson, I know you know all this stuff, but not everyone is cut out to be entrepreneurs or business owners.

js.

Of course there is but the laborers don't make business. America has to get back to making business and that's not the governments job imo. Then the laborers will have work...

Yep I have argued with right wingers on this for decades.

Some say all you need is a college degree. What if everyone had one. Someone still needs to clean floors, sling burgers, fix your car, etc.

some say just start your own business, or play the stock market.

Idjits have no broad view of reality.

Some say all you need is a college degree. What if everyone had one. Someone still needs to clean floors, sling burgers, fix your car, etc.

I've always treated everyone I come into contact with, with respect. Janitor or CEO.

js.

Of course there is but the laborers don't make business. America has to get back to making business and that's not the governments job imo. Then the laborers will have work...

What do you mean by "Don't make business"? They are the engine of business, both by actually doing the work and consuming products.

Seriously..I kinda doubt most conservatives really understand capitalism.

I've always treated everyone I come into contact with, with respect. Janitor or CEO.

Yep same here, but the Janitor might contribute more to the business than the CEO does.

So according to all the experts jobs will be fine soon?

I think not, but time will tell.

Nope.

But the rich ARE getting richer.

And dammit..ain't that what it's all about?

trickledown.jpg

Yep same here, but the Janitor might contribute more to the business than the CEO does.

As in the Janitor cleans up messes and the CEO makes them. :lol:

Why do you inherently hate all CEO's? Why don't you take everyone as individuals and judge them as individuals. There are some shitty CEO's and there are some shitty janitors. You can't lump them all together like that.

Why do you inherently hate all CEO's? Why don't you take everyone as individuals and judge them as individuals. There are some shitty CEO's and there are some shitty janitors. You can't lump them all together like that.

When exactly did you lose your sense of humor?

They solved the Greek problem!~! right?? Here's a flow chart that helps visualize the road ahead for the EU. It ain't pretty- they didn't solve anything yesterday, they just postponed the inevitable.

102711-01.jpg

Will you cheerleaders credit Obama when the market falls?

theres been 3 days of large gains in the last 6 weeks that were prompted by the supposed 'settling' of the Greek/euro problem.

and, there will be others as they whistle not past but to the graveyard;)

In addition the same org. that just 5 months ago that gave Dexia SA a clean bill of health is the same org. fluffing this, their estimate was the banks would need no more than 5, thats right 5 billion in recap, we are now north of 150 Billion ( Euros) .

Last edited:
"Dow set to make history on gains." That didn't last very long. Perhaps other varibles came into play such as unemployment.

I was hoping that the market would bounce back with steady gains---but guess not. Still to many of the 99% suffering.

Greece is a defacto default, Italy is next.

The Euro is finished. The EU is finished. France is holding a ton of US toxic waste assets and Italian sovereign debt that is worth roughly 50 cents on the dollar on a good day

There will be a flight to US Treasuries and gold, bringing US Treasury yields even further down maybe negative, where people will essentially pay the US treasury to hold their money.

The Dow gyrates wildly before a big fall.

A very big fall.

This is what happens when the markets are artificially held up.
Instead of steady growth with minor setbacks here and there - we instead, thanks to a massive influx of taxpayer $trillions...the market in 2009 saw historical gains...no year in the history of Wall Street did the markets have such gains...based on what? Economic growth? - no. Based soley on a gigantic lift from Washington. And now it is gone
Today the markets are still weeellllll above where it should be - so what will we get?
A giant fall again. And these son of a bitches will take us right along with them.

Forum List

Back