Dow set to make history on gains.

Either that or people will continue to pump their inflated dollars into the market and keep the illusion alive.

If it does take a dump, it's probable that the smart money will go into commodities and they'll go up.....Even more.

That's the reality of the situation, pal...And all the media hype and fluffery of the Boiking regime can't change it.

Ah so..when it goes up it's an "illusion" and when it goes down it's an "indication".

Got it. :lol:

Here is some bad news...

October had the biggest Dow increase in 24 years

That's supposed to make up for the $30,000 I lost last year in my 401K?

Wow.

I feel so much better.

Wait a minute. When I posted I lost 50K during the Bush reign you argued tooth and nail it wasn't really a losing money. But now that you've lost 30K it is really losing money.

So..this means..that when you lose money it counts. When anyone else loses money, it don't. :eusa_eh:

Market consolidation... Major indexes are up again over critical technical levels, but with less conviction (volume) than the market needs to sustain these prices. Today the dollar got smoked and the market went up. That is the unfortunate inverse correlation here. The dollar is fixing to gain momentum up and the market is building cause toward lower prices... IMO (So be careful and don't get burnt!) These things take time to play out but watch the volumes at critical swing points and the market will give a sign of which way it wants to go before it takes another turn... And keep in mind individual equities do not all go right along with the market indexes so some stock could do fine in a down market.

Well a low dollar representatives a bargain to foreign investors. Not necessarily a bad thing.

Yep.

October 3, 2007

The dollar is in free fall, or so it seems. In 2002, you could buy a euro for 86 cents. Today, it will cost you $1.40. You'd have to go back at least a decade to find a time when the U.S. dollar was so weak. Against some currencies, such as the Canadian dollar (the "loonie"), you'd have to go back 30 years. It sounds ominous, but is a weak dollar really so terrible?

Not necessarily. A weak dollar can be good for the U.S. economy, because it makes American exports cheaper and, therefore, helps close the trade deficit. But over the long term, the value of a country's currency is seen as a verdict on the overall health of its economy.

It's difficult — impossible, some economists say — to tease out the effects of a weak dollar from all of the other variables affecting the economy at any moment. But one thing is clear: The weak dollar creates ripples around the world. Some of those ripples are good, some bad. But that, too, is relative. Where you stand on the weak dollar depends largely on where you sit.

Is a Weak Dollar Really So Terrible? : NPR

FWIW - IMO the low point of the dollar already peaked ~2 years ago... Nothing goes straight up or straight down but the technical patterns suggest this is the case.

Last edited:
Here is some bad news...

Wow.

I feel so much better.

Wait a minute. When I posted I lost 50K during the Bush reign you argued tooth and nail it wasn't really a losing money. But now that you've lost 30K it is really losing money.

So..this means..that when you lose money it counts. When anyone else loses money, it don't. :eusa_eh:

You've never seen $50K shitbird, nevermind losing it.
You're an unemployed, lazy dumbfuck, stuck on stupid, and usually drunk off your ass.

Wow.

I feel so much better.

You're an unemployed, lazy dumbfuck, stuck on stupid, and usually drunk off your ass.

Ah..so one bath a year makes you a gentleman of leisure, eh?

Have a nice day, GotBucks!

Ah..so one bath a year makes you a gentleman of leisure, eh?

Have a nice day, GotBucks!

What in the fuck are you babbling about, you drunk idiot?

They solved the Greek problem!~! right?? Here's a flow chart that helps visualize the road ahead for the EU. It ain't pretty- they didn't solve anything yesterday, they just postponed the inevitable.

102711-01.jpg

Will you cheerleaders credit Obama when the market falls?

They solved the Greek problem!~! right?? Here's a flow chart that helps visualize the road ahead for the EU. It ain't pretty- they didn't solve anything yesterday, they just postponed the inevitable.

102711-01.jpg

No need. You guys are waiting in the wings to do that.

So according to all the experts jobs will be fine soon?

I think not, but time will tell.

Nope.

But the rich ARE getting richer.

And dammit..ain't that what it's all about?

You're right...

Oh by the way people like myself and maybe one other person in the world are invested in the stock market having an online account like E Trade or just might have a 401k plan through work or an IRA account from way back...

I guess since I'm someone who might make a few bucks toward retirement off the stock market that makes me just as evil as the rich folks you seem to hate...

Pathetic....:eusa_hand:

Oh and since the market went up a few points and I didn't go out of my way to credit the President for making that happen...Once again I'm a racist. :lol: :lol:

102711-01.jpg

Exactly...the European back and forth tennis game has been great fodder for Wall Street to rally around...with no real reason. No matter what - Europe has a very, very big problem on their hands....no meeting will solve it.
All they did was promise some tax bail outs and delays. The problem is still there.

102711-01.jpg

Exactly...the European back and forth tennis game has been great fodder for Wall Street to rally around...with no real reason. No matter what - Europe has a very, very big problem on their hands....no meeting will solve it.
All they did was promise some tax bail outs and delays. The problem is still there.

So..you think economies are a stagnant construct?

Nope.

You're right...

Oh by the way people like myself and maybe one other person in the world are invested in the stock market having an online account like E Trade or just might have a 401k plan through work or an IRA account from way back...

I guess since I'm someone who might make a few bucks toward retirement off the stock market that makes me just as evil as the rich folks you seem to hate...

Pathetic....:eusa_hand:

Erm..what I don't like is criminally unethical behavior.

And I don't get why that isn't a problem.

Nope.

And any day now, all that wealth is going to come trckling down upon us.

If Obama has his way it will become a torrent into the pockets of those unwilling or unable unable to generate it themselves.

I don't think Obama will have his way though.

Get back to work you slaggers. Make business! Make small business instead of whining about tough times.

js.

Here is some bad news...

Wow.

I feel so much better.

First-person indicative of the RWNJ mindset. "Anybody else hurt? Too bad, so sad. Man the fuck up. Strap on a pair." THEY get hurt? ZOMG!!!!!11!eleventy1!!11! The HORRORS!!!

:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back