Doubling State’s 1,100 Wind Turbines Won’t Replace This One Coal/Gas Plant ( Michigan)

The left NEVER consider that their 'green' higher energy costs hurt the poor and middle class. That is the pattern with assholes on the left, they don't care what must be sacrificed on the alter of liberalism.

Now why don't the left take the billions of dollars the piss away on stupid shit like California high speed rail and invest that into alternative energy hmmm. These liberal assholes talk out both sides of their mouths.

You don’t know what you are talking about. Let me guess. You are a Trump supporter.

1. High speed rail is an investment for people like me that travels to Las Vegas then back to Ca the same day.

2. Left has nothing to do with the dying energy like coal.

3. Like 20 years from now with all the car manufacturers are switching to electric vehicles. What do you think will happen to gasoline?

California is investing billions in clean energy away from coal.

Renewable Energy

California is leading the nation toward a 100 percent clean energy future and addressing climate change. The California Energy Commission plays a pivotal role by developing and mandating programs that use renewable energy, incentives for energy technology installation, renewable energy grants, and by ensuring the efforts benefit all Californians.

You are deflecting and off topic. Liberal policies HURT THE POOR admit it you sack of useless liberal talking points. :eusa_hand:

Here is the problem with people like you.

Why the hell do you blame the left when they have nothing to do with a dying energy?
Did the left miraculously create and produce natural gas?
Did the left miraculously designed and produce solar industries?

Natural gas and solar energy are the primary caused of the coal industry to collapse. Both are cleaner and atmosphere friendly compared to coal polluting the atmosphere.

You don’t know shit. You are a veteran here you should know better.

Its not about me, its about LIBERAL POLICIES HURT THE POOR. Admit it. Plus you stupid dumb fucks the coal will just be shipped to China and burned dirty, the pollution will drift back across the pacific and land on our shores.

Why are you so concerned about the pollution coming from China? They are cleaning their act.

Yet you are not concerned polluting your own neighborhood.
You Do you know it’s extremely toxic to make the supplies for alternative energy?

Then use natural gas.
We should be aiming to replace natural gas use.
Na, not really
It’s unlimited basically in this country… And extremely cheap. Up here in north western South Dakota I heated both my shop and my house for the whole winter last year for just under 600 bucks with natural gas.

I disagree.
First of all, natural gas is only cheap now because of new fracking techniques that actually work way too well and leak almost half the natural gas to the environment.
Second is that natural gas is in much smaller supply than oil in this country, and we only have a couple decades worth left.
What we do have hundreds of years worth is coal, not natural gas or oil.

end-of-fossil-fuels-graph.jpg

Even this graph is not quite accurate because coal is almost everywhere.
While natural gas requires not just the ancient 100 million year old swamp to start with, but also the salt dome to collect it.
And the graph shows a faster decline in coal than one would expect, but that is due to the reality that coal is now and will likely always remain the main source of electrical energy production.

Last edited:
The left NEVER consider that their 'green' higher energy costs hurt the poor and middle class. That is the pattern with assholes on the left, they don't care what must be sacrificed on the alter of liberalism.

Now why don't the left take the billions of dollars the piss away on stupid shit like California high speed rail and invest that into alternative energy hmmm. These liberal assholes talk out both sides of their mouths.

You don’t know what you are talking about. Let me guess. You are a Trump supporter.

1. High speed rail is an investment for people like me that travels to Las Vegas then back to Ca the same day.

3. Like 20 years from now with all the car manufacturers are switching to electric vehicles. What do you think will happen to gasoline?

Renewable Energy

California is leading the nation toward a 100 percent clean energy future and addressing climate change. The California Energy Commission plays a pivotal role by developing and mandating programs that use renewable energy, incentives for energy technology installation, renewable energy grants, and by ensuring the efforts benefit all Californians.
Lol
It is not an either/or thing, an all of the above thing. An all of the above strategy is best, There is no reason to villainize anything just because of political correctness. Go with what suits your area of the best.

If coal was ZERO emission the left would still try to destroy it. You have to understand the left. When they demonize and attack something is rarely for the reasons they state. They hate fossil fuels because...wait for it...CORPORATIONS profit from them. The left feel all that money should be theirs, government owned profits like fossil fuels are in other countries. That's what pisses them off about fossil fuels. This is why clean coal, clean diesel, clean natural gas, none of these arguments work on liberals because emissions really are not the reason the are attacking. Its their hatred of for profit corporations.
Lol
Just like with Gun control, healthcare It’s all about control it has nothing to do with the environment…
The collective uses political correctness For it’s corrupt purposes, and political correctness make the progressive mass’s retarded.

Just like the rights or the Republicans. Are they any different controlling guns and health care?

Trumpy is running the show now. So why is the coal industry still collapsing?

You can twist however you want but reality and facts are your enemies.
True, natural gas is replacing coal in a lot of areas. But that’s no reason to abandon Coal. Coal is needed just like natural gas and oil in the northern plains it would be a waste land without it.

Then use natural gas.
We should be aiming to replace natural gas use.
Na, not really
It’s unlimited basically in this country… And extremely cheap. Up here in north western South Dakota I heated both my shop and my house for the whole winter last year for just under 600 bucks with natural gas.

I disagree.
First of all, natural gas is only cheap now because of new fracking techniques that actually work way too well and leak almost half the natural gas to the environment.
Second is that natural gas is in much smaller supply than oil in this country, and we only have a couple decades worth left.
What we do have hundreds of years worth is coal, not natural gas or oil.

end-of-fossil-fuels-graph.jpg

Even this graph is not quite accurate because coal is almost everywhere.
While natural gas requires not just the ancient 100 million year old swamp to start with, but also the salt dome to collect it.
That is why an all of the above strategy is best. New coal, oil and gas reserves are being found every day.
In North Dakota about 50 miles as the crow flies from here they have to constantly burn off the natural gas because they have so much of it. And as the saying goes... More coal, oil and gas are being made every day with or without our help.

Renewable energy like wind and solar is almost useless until we come up with a large scale storage system.
My choice on that would be to produce hydrogen from solar and wind, so that is can be stored and later metered out to even our usage. But we do not yet have any large scale storage system that would allow renewablees to be useful.

America has slightly over 400 coal plants. That means it would take about 800,000 wind turbines to replace all of our coal fire power plants. Just imagine how many birds they would slaughter every year. And they still require 100% backup!

Doubling State’s 1,100 Wind Turbines Won’t Replace This One Coal/Gas Plant

Michigan’s electric utilities gamble that the reliability of service won’t collapse.

Consumers Energy would have to double the number of wind turbines currently operating in this state to replace the electricity produced by just one of the coal- and gas-fired power plants it intends to close as part of its plans to rely more on renewable sources. The problem, however, is that those additional turbines only spin about one-third of the time, leaving a big energy gap for the households and businesses that rely on the company for their electricity.

regulated utilities and their vendors operate 1,107 industrial wind turbines in Michigan. These can produce 1,925.3 megawatts of electricity, but only when the wind is blowing.

Ontario got rid of all of its coal fired plants and replaced them with wind mills. We have so much power from them, we're selling it to Americans. Here's a clue - the wind is always blowing - always. We have thousands of windmills in our country. Even on hot muggy days when there's barely a breeze, the windmills are turning. Ironically, when it's really windy, they shut them down, for safety reasons.

You conservative idiots are clinging to outmoded systems and models. It will destroy your country. You're being left behind.
Mostof Ontario's power comes from hydroelectric. You are simply lying about how much comes from wind.

Every two thousand windmills is the equivalent of one coal fired power plant.

No, I'm not. I never claimed that all of our power comes from wind or even most of it. You claim wind is unreliable and cannot be counted on. That's a lie.
Where are the windfarms located? They better be in urban areas I tell you.

We don't have "wind farms". Our windmills are all along the shores of Lake Erie, and slightly inland. Farmers rent a patch of land to the owners of the windmill, and the windmill stands on farm land. Farmers get $60,000 per year for the land, so it gives them a stable income as well. No farm I know of has more than two turbines. No mass extinctions of birds either.

Most of the Ontario wind farming seems to be happening along the shores of the Great Lakes. The First Ontario Wind Turbine is in downtown Toronto at Exhibition Place, the home of the Canadian National Exhibition, and a major Toronto entertainment hub. Exhibition Stadium was the first home of the Toronto Blue Jays, and is located on Lakeshore Drive.

I really like them. They're almost silent, and quite elegant looking.

America has slightly over 400 coal plants. That means it would take about 800,000 wind turbines to replace all of our coal fire power plants. Just imagine how many birds they would slaughter every year. And they still require 100% backup!

Michigan’s electric utilities gamble that the reliability of service won’t collapse.

Consumers Energy would have to double the number of wind turbines currently operating in this state to replace the electricity produced by just one of the coal- and gas-fired power plants it intends to close as part of its plans to rely more on renewable sources. The problem, however, is that those additional turbines only spin about one-third of the time, leaving a big energy gap for the households and businesses that rely on the company for their electricity.

regulated utilities and their vendors operate 1,107 industrial wind turbines in Michigan. These can produce 1,925.3 megawatts of electricity, but only when the wind is blowing.

Renewable Energy

You are deflecting and off topic. Liberal policies HURT THE POOR admit it you sack of useless liberal talking points. :eusa_hand:

Here is the problem with people like you.

Why the hell do you blame the left when they have nothing to do with a dying energy?
Did the left miraculously create and produce natural gas?
Did the left miraculously designed and produce solar industries?

Natural gas and solar energy are the primary caused of the coal industry to collapse. Both are cleaner and atmosphere friendly compared to coal polluting the atmosphere.

You don’t know shit. You are a veteran here you should know better.

Its not about me, its about LIBERAL POLICIES HURT THE POOR. Admit it. Plus you stupid dumb fucks the coal will just be shipped to China and burned dirty, the pollution will drift back across the pacific and land on our shores.

Why are you so concerned about the pollution coming from China? They are cleaning their act.

Yet you are not concerned polluting your own neighborhood.

I'm pointing out that liberals are stupid. Mission accomplished.

well shit not only are you an electro-phobic you're a windo-phobic.....sheesh.....I mean stop being intelligent and reasonable will ya??!!
Just bend over and take it in the wallet while you read your books by candle light! Achtuuuung! Raus! Raus! Raus!

We don't have "wind farms". Our windmills are all along the shores of Lake Erie, and slightly inland. Farmers rent a patch of land to the owners of the windmill, and the windmill stands on farm land. Farmers get $60,000 per year for the land, so it gives them a stable income as well. No farm I know of has more than two turbines. No mass extinctions of birds either.

Most of the Ontario wind farming seems to be happening along the shores of the Great Lakes. The First Ontario Wind Turbine is in downtown Toronto at Exhibition Place, the home of the Canadian National Exhibition, and a major Toronto entertainment hub. Exhibition Stadium was the first home of the Toronto Blue Jays, and is located on Lakeshore Drive.

I really like them. They're almost silent, and quite elegant looking.

^^^ Canadian liberal refuses to acknowledge Canada is the 4th largest fossil fuel producer on the planet. :eusa_hand:

America has coal plants. America has natural gas plants. America has oil fired plants. America has nuclear plants.

With all those ways of driving steam turbines, why do you think the only alternative is wind turbines? Couldn't wind be included in electrical generation the way coal, oil, natural gas and nuclear are?
The AGW cult believes that only solar and wind are viable alternatives.
Biomass, geothermal, tidal, hydrogen fuel cells. There are lots,of,alternatives. You should check,out the Exxon sponsored Fox News report on alternative sustainable energy!

I'm kidding! Exxon and Fox don't want you to know anything but what they tell you. Sorry.
Hydrogen fuel cells do not produce energy. They consume it. The other sources you mentioned will never be anything other than minor sources. They've never managed to construct a viable means of producing tidal energy.

America has coal plants. America has natural gas plants. America has oil fired plants. America has nuclear plants.

With all those ways of driving steam turbines, why do you think the only alternative is wind turbines? Couldn't wind be included in electrical generation the way coal, oil, natural gas and nuclear are?
Biomass, geothermal, tidal, hydrogen fuel cells. There are lots,of,alternatives. You should check,out the Exxon sponsored Fox News report on alternative sustainable energy!

I'm kidding! Exxon and Fox don't want you to know anything but what they tell you. Sorry.
Hydrogen fuel cells do not produce energy. They consume it. The other sources you mentioned will never be anything other than minor sources. They've never managed to construct a viable means of producing tidal energy.

Lets not forget the left routinely attack wind and solar as harmful to the environment or obstructing their ocean views. These people are insane. Its like tax increases, so long as its not impacting them personally they are all for it. As soon as they feel the impact they squeal like stuck pigs.

Nope, almost anything is better than coal.

Hardly. Wind power is intermittent, kills billions of birds, and it requires 100% backup. How is it better?

By the way, if you're so concerned about birds why not stop using your cell phone? Those towers kill way more birds than wind turbines do, not to mention climate change has also had a negative impact on the bird population. But you don't really care, do you?

Wrong. Birds can easily avoid stationary towers. Birds frequently perch on them. You just made that up

Last edited:
Nothing like driving rates thru the roof in the name of your green god

Renewable Energy

Lol
It is not an either/or thing, an all of the above thing. An all of the above strategy is best, There is no reason to villainize anything just because of political correctness. Go with what suits your area of the best.

If coal was ZERO emission the left would still try to destroy it. You have to understand the left. When they demonize and attack something is rarely for the reasons they state. They hate fossil fuels because...wait for it...CORPORATIONS profit from them. The left feel all that money should be theirs, government owned profits like fossil fuels are in other countries. That's what pisses them off about fossil fuels. This is why clean coal, clean diesel, clean natural gas, none of these arguments work on liberals because emissions really are not the reason the are attacking. Its their hatred of for profit corporations.
If we had a clean limitless source of energy, the left would still be against it. They are against material well being for the human race. They want us all to live in poverty and misery.

America has slightly over 400 coal plants. That means it would take about 800,000 wind turbines to replace all of our coal fire power plants.
That would be interesting, if anyone on the planet had suggested replacing all coal plants with wind turbines. They haven't...so itsw not interesting at all, and it only has an emotional impact on a person not willing to think past the period at the end of your sentence.
Plenty of your Komrades have suggested exactly that.

Forum List

Back