Doubling State’s 1,100 Wind Turbines Won’t Replace This One Coal/Gas Plant ( Michigan)

America has slightly over 400 coal plants. That means it would take about 800,000 wind turbines to replace all of our coal fire power plants.
That would be interesting, if anyone on the planet had suggested replacing all coal plants with wind turbines. They haven't...so itsw not interesting at all, and it only has an emotional impact on a person not willing to think past the period at the end of your sentence.

America has slightly over 400 coal plants. That means it would take about 800,000 wind turbines to replace all of our coal fire power plants. Just imagine how many birds they would slaughter every year. And they still require 100% backup!

Doubling State’s 1,100 Wind Turbines Won’t Replace This One Coal/Gas Plant

Michigan’s electric utilities gamble that the reliability of service won’t collapse.

Consumers Energy would have to double the number of wind turbines currently operating in this state to replace the electricity produced by just one of the coal- and gas-fired power plants it intends to close as part of its plans to rely more on renewable sources. The problem, however, is that those additional turbines only spin about one-third of the time, leaving a big energy gap for the households and businesses that rely on the company for their electricity.

regulated utilities and their vendors operate 1,107 industrial wind turbines in Michigan. These can produce 1,925.3 megawatts of electricity, but only when the wind is blowing.

Ontario got rid of all of its coal fired plants and replaced them with wind mills. We have so much power from them, we're selling it to Americans. Here's a clue - the wind is always blowing - always. We have thousands of windmills in our country. Even on hot muggy days when there's barely a breeze, the windmills are turning. Ironically, when it's really windy, they shut them down, for safety reasons.

You conservative idiots are clinging to outmoded systems and models. It will destroy your country. You're being left behind.
Mostof Ontario's power comes from hydroelectric. You are simply lying about how much comes from wind.

Every two thousand windmills is the equivalent of one coal fired power plant.

No, I'm not. I never claimed that all of our power comes from wind or even most of it. You claim wind is unreliable and cannot be counted on. That's a lie.
Where are the windfarms located? They better be in urban areas I tell you.

Nothing like driving rates thru the roof in the name of your green god

The left NEVER consider that their 'green' higher energy costs hurt the poor and middle class. That is the pattern with assholes on the left, they don't care what must be sacrificed on the alter of liberalism.

Now why don't the left take the billions of dollars the piss away on stupid shit like California high speed rail and invest that into alternative energy hmmm. These liberal assholes talk out both sides of their mouths.

You don’t know what you are talking about. Let me guess. You are a Trump supporter.

1. High speed rail is an investment for people like me that travels to Las Vegas then back to Ca the same day.

2. Left has nothing to do with the dying energy like coal.

3. Like 20 years from now with all the car manufacturers are switching to electric vehicles. What do you think will happen to gasoline?

California is investing billions in clean energy away from coal.

Renewable Energy

California is leading the nation toward a 100 percent clean energy future and addressing climate change. The California Energy Commission plays a pivotal role by developing and mandating programs that use renewable energy, incentives for energy technology installation, renewable energy grants, and by ensuring the efforts benefit all Californians.

You are deflecting and off topic. Liberal policies HURT THE POOR admit it you sack of useless liberal talking points. :eusa_hand:

Here is the problem with people like you.

Why the hell do you blame the left when they have nothing to do with a dying energy?
Did the left miraculously create and produce natural gas?
Did the left miraculously designed and produce solar industries?

Natural gas and solar energy are the primary caused of the coal industry to collapse. Both are cleaner and atmosphere friendly compared to coal polluting the atmosphere.

You don’t know shit. You are a veteran here you should know better.

Its not about me, its about LIBERAL POLICIES HURT THE POOR. Admit it. Plus you stupid dumb fucks the coal will just be shipped to China and burned dirty, the pollution will drift back across the pacific and land on our shores.

The left NEVER consider that their 'green' higher energy costs hurt the poor and middle class. That is the pattern with assholes on the left, they don't care what must be sacrificed on the alter of liberalism.

Now why don't the left take the billions of dollars the piss away on stupid shit like California high speed rail and invest that into alternative energy hmmm. These liberal assholes talk out both sides of their mouths.

You don’t know what you are talking about. Let me guess. You are a Trump supporter.

1. High speed rail is an investment for people like me that travels to Las Vegas then back to Ca the same day.

3. Like 20 years from now with all the car manufacturers are switching to electric vehicles. What do you think will happen to gasoline?

Renewable Energy

California is leading the nation toward a 100 percent clean energy future and addressing climate change. The California Energy Commission plays a pivotal role by developing and mandating programs that use renewable energy, incentives for energy technology installation, renewable energy grants, and by ensuring the efforts benefit all Californians.
Lol
It is not an either/or thing, an all of the above thing. An all of the above strategy is best, There is no reason to villainize anything just because of political correctness. Go with what suits your area of the best.

If coal was ZERO emission the left would still try to destroy it. You have to understand the left. When they demonize and attack something is rarely for the reasons they state. They hate fossil fuels because...wait for it...CORPORATIONS profit from them. The left feel all that money should be theirs, government owned profits like fossil fuels are in other countries. That's what pisses them off about fossil fuels. This is why clean coal, clean diesel, clean natural gas, none of these arguments work on liberals because emissions really are not the reason the are attacking. Its their hatred of for profit corporations.
Lol
Just like with Gun control, healthcare It’s all about control it has nothing to do with the environment…
The collective uses political correctness For it’s corrupt purposes, and political correctness make the progressive mass’s retarded.

America has slightly over 400 coal plants. That means it would take about 800,000 wind turbines to replace all of our coal fire power plants. Just imagine how many birds they would slaughter every year. And they still require 100% backup!

Doubling State’s 1,100 Wind Turbines Won’t Replace This One Coal/Gas Plant

Michigan’s electric utilities gamble that the reliability of service won’t collapse.

Consumers Energy would have to double the number of wind turbines currently operating in this state to replace the electricity produced by just one of the coal- and gas-fired power plants it intends to close as part of its plans to rely more on renewable sources. The problem, however, is that those additional turbines only spin about one-third of the time, leaving a big energy gap for the households and businesses that rely on the company for their electricity.

regulated utilities and their vendors operate 1,107 industrial wind turbines in Michigan. These can produce 1,925.3 megawatts of electricity, but only when the wind is blowing.

Sorry, but you can't spin getting rid of coal plants as a bad thing. It's not.

'Coal is on the way out': study finds fossil fuel now pricier than solar or wind
Well if you want to replace them, you need to start talking about replacing them with something that makes sense like thorium fueled nuclear reactors intead of idioc bullshit like wind and solar crap.

Renewable Energy

You are deflecting and off topic. Liberal policies HURT THE POOR admit it you sack of useless liberal talking points. :eusa_hand:

Why the hell do you blame the left when they have nothing to do with a dying energy?

Natural gas and solar energy are the primary caused of the coal industry to collapse. Both are cleaner and atmosphere friendly compared to coal polluting the atmosphere.

Lol
Cold turkey never works, Why not an all of the above strategy?

America has slightly over 400 coal plants. That means it would take about 800,000 wind turbines to replace all of our coal fire power plants.
That would be interesting, if anyone on the planet had suggested replacing all coal plants with wind turbines. They haven't...so itsw not interesting at all, and it only has an emotional impact on a person not willing to think past the period at the end of your sentence.
Lol
Solar is much further along than wind, Wind energy is decades away from being viable, affordable and reliable.

Renewable Energy

Its not about me, its about LIBERAL POLICIES HURT THE POOR. Admit it. Plus you stupid dumb fucks the coal will just be shipped to China and burned dirty, the pollution will drift back across the pacific and land on our shores.

Read my post and my link #25 about China. Do not stare at it.

Because of business I travel to China. Most dirtiest air I ever saw in my life. But they are investing $100 of billions to clean up their act. They still use coal but eventually they will be eliminated.

Solar is much further along than wind, Wind energy is decades away from being viable, affordable and reliable.
They are both useful, depending on the resources available.

Clearly solar is superior, and we should be pouring money into subsidizing research amd development of solar.

They are both useful, depending on the resources available.

Clearly solar is superior, and we should be pouring money into subsidizing research amd development of solar.
I am for an all of the above strategy, and depending on the area. Use it all till it’s gone, No reason to reinvent the wheel, and political correctness should be dismissed 100% on the subject.

Lol

True and true. But only an idiot will install wind energy and solar if it doesn’t work in that area. Then use natural gas. Don’t you think?

Lol

True and true. But only an idiot will install wind energy and solar if it doesn’t work in that area. Then use natural gas. Don’t you think?
Absolutely, use all of the above. For instance it would be utterly retarded not to use fossil fuels up here in the northern plains.
And where are you have a lot of rivers make hydroelectric… Etc.

Renewable Energy

Why are you so concerned about the pollution coming from China? They are cleaning their act.

Yet you are not concerned polluting your own neighborhood.

It’s unlimited basically in this country… And extremely cheap.
It becomes less cheap when all pf the long term costs are figured in. But i agree that reacements should be more economical to be viable. Which isvyet another reason to pour money into subsidizing alt energy.

It’s unlimited basically in this country… And extremely cheap.
It becomes less cheap when all pf the long term costs are figured in. But i agree that reacements should be more economical to be viable. Which isvyet another reason to pour money into subsidizing alt energy.
Lol
There’s a lot of the areas of this country that renewables do not work and a lot of areas where it does, wind certainly does not work up here in the northern plains and solar is hit or miss at best.

Renewable Energy

Lol
It is not an either/or thing, an all of the above thing. An all of the above strategy is best, There is no reason to villainize anything just because of political correctness. Go with what suits your area of the best.

If coal was ZERO emission the left would still try to destroy it. You have to understand the left. When they demonize and attack something is rarely for the reasons they state. They hate fossil fuels because...wait for it...CORPORATIONS profit from them. The left feel all that money should be theirs, government owned profits like fossil fuels are in other countries. That's what pisses them off about fossil fuels. This is why clean coal, clean diesel, clean natural gas, none of these arguments work on liberals because emissions really are not the reason the are attacking. Its their hatred of for profit corporations.
Lol
Just like with Gun control, healthcare It’s all about control it has nothing to do with the environment…
The collective uses political correctness For it’s corrupt purposes, and political correctness make the progressive mass’s retarded.

Just like the rights or the Republicans. Are they any different controlling guns and health care?

Trumpy is running the show now. So why is the coal industry still collapsing?

You can twist however you want but reality and facts are your enemies.

Forum List

Back