Don't tase me bro!

What she stole was all small dollar petty stuff. WHAT she stole wasn't the point. The fact that she stole is the WHOLE point.

She stole:

Product..
More product..
Even more product after getting caught the first two times.
Money out of the Breast Cancer Fund box.. (How low do you have to stoop...)

Each item she stole was valued at less than $5.00 per piece. Should I have allowed her to retain her position with the company because it's just small stuff and maybe she needed it?

Let me guess, you run the local Dairy Queen, she couldn't resist the butterscotch soft serve. You paid her minimum wage, no benefits ...

Now we're off into loss prevention somehow. Happens to be one of areas of expertise. And yes, you hit a good point. Consultants generally advise that if you have a low pay, low or no benefit pool of employees, you will fare considerably better if you offer your companies services for free or at a discount to your employees. Free or discount meals for food service employees all but eliminate stealing. If it's a septic tank business, do your employees tanks for free.....what ever. If you give the appearance that you are taking everything you can get from them for as little as possible, they will return the favor 10 fold.

Also, the bigger the employee, the bigger the theft. The janitor hardly ever steals anything and when he does, it's a roll of toilet paper. But your manager? He'll skim $900 a month for as long as he can get away with it.

The women sounds like an idiot! But it isn't her fault that she was fined so much, there is something wrong with the system. My ass!

Stealing and traffic fines are apples and oranges.

Not really.. Stealing is against the law. Breaking laws is against the law.

Yes really. Stealing and failing to wear your seatbelt are oceans apart. You can't be that.....yes you can. Let me demonstrate:

You have a choice between hiring a convicted thief and a convicted seat belt offender.

No differenxe really.....right?

Now we're off into loss prevention somehow. Happens to be one of areas of expertise. And yes, you hit a good point. Consultants generally advise that if you have a low pay, low or no benefit pool of employees, you will fare considerably better if you offer your companies services for free or at a discount to your employees. Free or discount meals for food service employees all but eliminate stealing. If it's a septic tank business, do your employees tanks for free.....what ever. If you give the appearance that you are taking everything you can get from them for as little as possible, they will return the favor 10 fold.

Also, the bigger the employee, the bigger the theft. The janitor hardly ever steals anything and when he does, it's a roll of toilet paper. But your manager? He'll skim $900 a month for as long as he can get away with it.
When I was in high school I worked at a country store for tourists. The owner told us we could eat all the penny candy we wanted. Later i asked him why he was so generous and he told me, "I'm not generous, just smart. You guys are gonna eat it anyway when I'm not looking so why not just tell you you can eat it and come out looking like a nice guy?" But he was a nice guy regardless. I loved that guy. He hired me over the phone just because he liked my voice.

Last edited:

Yes really. Stealing and failing to wear your seatbelt are oceans apart. You can't be that.....yes you can. Let me demonstrate:

You have a choice between hiring a convicted thief and a convicted seat belt offender.

If you've been convicted of anything that I can see for myself, I ain't hiring you for shit. Especially when there's people with ZERO convictions and a better track record than you applying.

This ONE time I went against my better judgement and gave someone a break because they begged me to, and it turned around and bit me in the ass. Not likely to happen again.

My experience also.

If you've been convicted of anything that I can see for myself, I ain't hiring you for shit. Especially when there's people with ZERO convictions and a better track record than you applying.

This ONE time I went against my better judgement and gave someone a break because they begged me to, and it turned around and bit me in the ass. Not likely to happen again.

So then, you can see yourself, right? YOu have traffic tickets, right? When can we expect your resignation? Or is it like your private property rights to smoke versus someone elses private property? A double standard.

What she stole was all small dollar petty stuff. WHAT she stole wasn't the point. The fact that she stole is the WHOLE point.

She stole:

Product..
More product..
Even more product after getting caught the first two times.
Money out of the Breast Cancer Fund box.. (How low do you have to stoop...)

Each item she stole was valued at less than $5.00 per piece. Should I have allowed her to retain her position with the company because it's just small stuff and maybe she needed it?

Let me guess, you run the local Dairy Queen, she couldn't resist the butterscotch soft serve. You paid her minimum wage, no benefits ...

If your manager's getting away with it for more than a few months (if that), then you have some *really* stupid people working for LP, and you're not having audits and/or inventories nearly enough; nor are you paying attention to the results, because *everything* can be tracked.

Taser for pastor, pepper spray for congregation | Breaking News | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Checking more of the story, more of the reason why this happened. The Cop ran a registration check on a vehicle on private property. There is absolutely no law that a vehicle parked or operating on private property must be registered. Unless you think you deserve a ticket for mowing your lawn, this is bullshit. The cop had no right, no juristiction to enforce traffic law on private property. Seems the Pastor was only asserting his right to control of traffic on his Churches private property.

so if a robber commits robbery on private property the cops have no jurisdiction to stop him unless he has express permission from owner of said private property??? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Just in case you missed it, it is traffic laws that can not be enforced on private property without the owners consent, not other crimes.

so breaking traffic laws is not a crime???

So then, you can see yourself, right? YOu have traffic tickets, right? When can we expect your resignation? Or is it like your private property rights to smoke versus someone elses private property? A double standard.

Why should I resign? I didn't hire me.. If someone chose to hire me, and then not fire me after I got my speeding tickets, that's up to them.

If I choose not to hire you because I see you drove illegally, that's also up to me. I can simply state that driving is a requirement of your job from time to time.

My experience also.

It's pretty much everyone's experience. The trends hold true pretty much across the board and I worked with loss prevention and security design for a long time. It's not hard to know where the stealing occurs or who is doing it. We know that. It's how to address it. Like the free candy. Not only does your boss look and feel good about giving you the candy, it's better than having people stuffing handfuls into their pockets. They'll take more than they can eat everytime. Company parties and events are great too. For places with alcohol, you should treat your staff to an open bar a few times every year. If you don't, they'll steal ALL YEAR. People are going to steal. It's all about how much.

I don't think we really need to worry about cops taking over America by running amok with tasers. Besides---we kill a lot of them at "ordinary" traffic stops and cases of domestic violence that THEY ARE INVITED TO.
Cops have a very difficult job. I have the utmost respect for them. But respect doesn't include looking the other way when they break laws themselves.

Nobody said anyone had to look the other way. There's a right way and a wrong way to handle stuff, and I'm sorry, but charging at a cop screaming your fool head off demanding to be told something that really isn't any of your business and doesn't concern you is a way to get your weak-hearted ass knocked to the ground. Kudos to the cop.

Why didn't he just get a badge number, and call the police station, and speak to the officers supervisor? (Oh, wait. I know.. Willy will say that if the pastor had walked away, the cop would have raped whoever he had pulled over). :cool:

:clap2:

If your manager's getting away with it for more than a few months (if that), then you have some *really* stupid people working for LP, and you're not having audits and/or inventories nearly enough; nor are you paying attention to the results, because *everything* can be tracked.

Happens all the time. Most of the time it's hard to prove who did it. You can even "know" but you can't prove. So the difficulties of firing and unemployment are weighed. Generally, there will be a ton of money spent on equipment, which was great for me, cameras, anti theft, cipher locks, etc. Even so, in high volume atmospheres, skimming is relatively easy. Golden Coral was one with some management problems and skimming. Too many managers with access. And relatively small shortages of $40, $50, can go on for a while before the pattern emerges. And then you figure someone has been taking several hundred a month. Even larger, BB&T doesn't flag it's tellers until they reach $10,000 shortage in a year or $7,500 in consecutive years.

It is NOT easy. If it were, there wouldn't be a multi billion dollar industry to combat it.

The women sounds like an idiot! But it isn't her fault that she was fined so much, there is something wrong with the system. My ass!

I probably have paid for in fines for traffic violations then most normal people, probably more than you. But you know what it is my own damn fault. They make the amount of the fines very well know and if you still do it you only have yourself to blame. They have to pay to jail these dumb ass criminals one way or another. When the seat belt fine went up and they could pull you over for not wearing one, guess what I started putting on my seatbelt.

I probably have paid for in fines for traffic violations then most normal people, probably more than you. But you know what it is my own damn fault. They make the amount of the fines very well know and if you still do it you only have yourself to blame. They have to pay to jail these dumb ass criminals one way or another. When the seat belt fine went up and they could pull you over for not wearing one, guess what I started putting on my seatbelt.

Sure, it comes in increments. If you'll wear a seat belt in your own car or pay the fine, it's not too far away to start fining Dis for smoking on the front porch. Then when they need more revenue to build more prisons to hold the repeat seat belt offenders who were such terrible criminals that they lost their lost license and got arrested, they'll start fining you for not brushing your teeth. They'll devise a little hand held thingy to test for plaque. It's for your own good, you know. Your teeth are important to your health, don't you see/ We have to do this. It only makes sense.

Last edited:

Sure, it comes in increments. If you'll wear a seat belt in your own car or pay the fine, it's not too far away to start fining Dis for smoking on the front porch. Then when they need more revenue to build more prisons to hold the repeat seat belt offenders who were such terrible criminals that they lost their lost license and got arrested, they'll start fining you for not brushing your teeth. They'll devise a little hand held thingy to test for plaque. It's for your own good, you know. Your teeth are important to your health, don't you see/ We have to do this. It only makes sense.

maybe they should start fining people for wearing tin foil hats.

Maybe so. Funny thing is, you don't have to back up very far in time to get the same response about a law requiring one to wear a seat belt. The mere thought of such a law would have been outrageous a mere 50 years ago. And what about those speed limits? Wasn't that a hoot? People went nuts when they lowered speed limits. Said it was all about revenue. And then, years later, they were raised again, Funny thing, the cops went nuts then crying about the lost revenue.

Maybe so. Funny thing is, you don't have to back up very far in time to get the same response about a law requiring one to wear a seat belt. The mere thought of such a law would have been outrageous a mere 50 years ago. And what about those speed limits? Wasn't that a hoot? People went nuts when they lowered speed limits. Said it was all about revenue. And then, years later, they were raised again, Funny thing, the cops went nuts then crying about the lost revenue.
Do you know how much it costs the tax payers to scrape someone off the pavement because they were not wearing their seat belt? Plus they have to make these laws because people are too stupid to make the right decision.

And wouldn't you know it, Insurance Companies sponsored studies came to very different conclusions about speed limits and the associated risk and of course, fines and premium adjustments. Now, of course, the insurance companies are only concerned about your safety right? They wouldn't be wanting you to get tickets, would they? They wouldn't lobby your legislators to keep speeding fines up, disregarding every valid study regarding safety and speed would they? They wouldn't do that for money would they? They wouldn't encourage the police to make criminals out of us for the purpose of profit....would they?

Niave people about this place.

Mannering's study noted that expert opinion is divided on this controversial subject. For example, a 1999 report sponsored by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety claimed increased limits resulted in higher accident rates. The insurance industry depends on speeding tickets to provide surcharge revenue. Other independent studies, including a 1994 review of the effect of the change from the national 55 limit to 65 on rural roads, have arrived at a contrary conclusion that the higher limit, in fact, saved lives
Study: Higher Interstate Speed Limits are Safe

Forum List

Back