Police Raid in Ft. Worth

Nik

May 7, 2009
The Daily Dish | By Andrew Sullivan

Links to MSM stories which support it at the link.

Fort Worth cops raid a gay bar and put one customer in intensive care. Seven men were arrested. The police chief says that the violence of the cops was because - wait for it - the cops were hit on:

"You're touched and advanced in certain ways by people inside the bar, that's offensive," he said. "I'm happy with the restraint used when they were contacted like that."

This is simply incredible. Does anyone honestly believe that a bunch of cops entering a gay bar armed with plastic cuffs to check for drunkenness would be cruised and hit on by the customers? I mean: seriously. Only a pathological homophobe would think such a thing - and the police chief needs to withdraw this absurd statement, which is denied by all the eye-witnesses. Dan Savage has the best summary of this blast from the brutal past:

Allow me to translate the chief's comments: "Them faggots in that thar bar touched mah officers and now they're complainin' about some rough stuff and one little ol' faggot with a brain injury? Those perverts should be grateful they're alive."

One of the customers is in intensive care with a blood clot in the brain from the assault by the cops. The cops claim he fell later outside the bar and hit his head. They have subsequently conceded that his injuries occurred under police custody. But there are eye-witness accounts and cell-phone photos that say something different:

"[Gibson] was taken down hard," said Camp, with "four or five" officers wrestling him to the floor inside the club. Cellphone photos shot by patrons and posted to blogs show a person being held facedown by officers in a short hallway inside the club, then show a dent in the wall where his head was apparently banged.

Another eye-witness:

“I saw a cop walk up behind a guy who was sitting at a table. The cop told him to stand up, and when the guy asked what for, the cop said, ‘You’re intoxicated,’ Addicks said. “Then there was that guy getting the crap beat out of him there in the back.

Another:

Justin McCarty said he was working security for the Rainbow Lounge at the time of the raid early Sunday morning. He said an officer approached him and asked how much he had had to drink.

“I told him I was working and hadn’t had anything to drink, and that’s when he told me, ‘Then you need to make yourself scarce.’ So I did. I went to the back out of the way. I took that as a threat that if I didn’t, I would be arrested, too,” McCarty said. McCarty said that he saw officers throw Chad Gibson to the floor, adding that, “There were people standing there watching it happen and crying. They were scared. It was just brutal.”

And another:

Egert also said she didn’t see anyone make sexual advances toward any of the officers and that she didn’t see anyone grope any of the officers. “The people in there were scared. They were all getting out of their [police officers’] way,” she said. “No one resisted arrest. They were singling out specific people, the men who seemed more effeminate. It just seems like it was a deliberate jab at the community.”

Gibson may die from his injuries or suffer permanent brain damage. Pray that he makes a full recovery which is still possible. He is 26 years old, and weighs 160 pounds. It took four or five officers to take him down because he allegedly groped them and yet he was never charged with assault.

We should call this what it is: a violent, homophobic raid to persecute and physically assault gay men, with some witnesses saying that they targeted the smaller and more effeminate men. We need a full investigation and in the meantime the police chief and all those cops who launched this raid need to be suspended until this is cleared up. No police chief should remain in his position after offering the gay panic defense for brutal beatings by cops.

Jeezus fucking Christ!!! Does society ever evolve beyond the same leve of early civilization, or does it just take a really fucking long time? How long did it take to abolish slavery? Thousands of years? Oh, wait. There's still slavery in the world... So homosexuals are just going to be beaten, killed, harassed, etc. and that's just the way of the world, huh...? God forbid anyone try and change the world! I mean, Jesus tried, MLK, Gandhi, et al, but you just end up getting killed and nothing really changes.

Jeezus fucking Christ!!! Does society ever evolve beyond the same leve of early civilization, or does it just take a really fucking long time? How long did it take to abolish slavery? Thousands of years? Oh, wait. There's still slavery in the world... So homosexuals are just going to be beaten, killed, harassed, etc. and that's just the way of the world, huh...? God forbid anyone try and change the world! I mean, Jesus tried, MLK, Gandhi, et al, but you just end up getting killed and nothing really changes.

Again... the premise is that the very function that these people were sexual misfits; abnormal entities who are unable to control their base sexual instincts, that this somehow establishes them as 'innocent'...

Re-read this member's position and examine it for just that perspective...

They were beaten PURELY BECAUSE they are queers... NOT because they failed to follow the unambiguous lawful orders of police who were there for reasons OTHER THAN THEM BEING QUEER...

The premise sets the stage for the rationalization, common to the race-agitators that any contest of anyONE who exists within this protected status, is a function of 'sexism'... or HATE born of the contempt for the lifestyle which THEY CHOOSE! Thus, where a queer is found with his arm up the ass of a ten year old, or hitting up the highschool... the crime is set aside; the victims converted to the agressor and the notion of justice turned on it's head by the deceitful; the hateful and the addle-minded fools advocating for such.

Again... the premise is that the very function that these people were sexual misfits; abnormal entities who are unable to control their base sexual instincts, that this somehow establishes them as 'innocent'...

They were beaten PURELY BECAUSE they are queers... NOT because they failed to follow the unambiguous lawful orders of police who were there for reasons OTHER THAN THEM BEING QUEER...

The premise sets the stage for the rationalization, common to the race-agitators that any contest of anyONE who exists within this protected status, is a function of 'sexism'... or HATE born of the contempt for the lifestyle which THEY CHOOSE! Thus, where a queer is found with his arm up the ass of a ten year old, or hitting up the highschool... the crime is set aside; the victims converted to the agressor and the notion of justice turned on it's head by the deceitful; the hateful and the addle-minded fools advocating for such.

Lets postulate, just for the sake of it, that your right. They were beaten because they refused a lawful order.

Do you still agree with the beating so severe it put a kid into the hospital?

Fort Worth cops raid a gay bar and put one customer in intensive care. Seven men were arrested. The police chief says that the violence of the cops was because - wait for it - the cops were hit on:

"You're touched and advanced in certain ways by people inside the bar, that's offensive," he said. "I'm happy with the restraint used when they were contacted like that."

This is simply incredible. Does anyone honestly believe that a bunch of cops entering a gay bar armed with plastic cuffs to check for drunkenness would be cruised and hit on by the customers? I mean: seriously. Only a pathological homophobe would think such a thing - and the police chief needs to withdraw this absurd statement, which is denied by all the eye-witnesses. Dan Savage has the best summary of this blast from the brutal past:

Allow me to translate the chief's comments: "Them faggots in that thar bar touched mah officers and now they're complainin' about some rough stuff and one little ol' faggot with a brain injury? Those perverts should be grateful they're alive."

One of the customers is in intensive care with a blood clot in the brain from the assault by the cops. The cops claim he fell later outside the bar and hit his head. They have subsequently conceded that his injuries occurred under police custody. But there are eye-witness accounts and cell-phone photos that say something different:

"[Gibson] was taken down hard," said Camp, with "four or five" officers wrestling him to the floor inside the club. Cellphone photos shot by patrons and posted to blogs show a person being held facedown by officers in a short hallway inside the club, then show a dent in the wall where his head was apparently banged.

Another eye-witness:

“I saw a cop walk up behind a guy who was sitting at a table. The cop told him to stand up, and when the guy asked what for, the cop said, ‘You’re intoxicated,’ Addicks said. “Then there was that guy getting the crap beat out of him there in the back.

Another:

Justin McCarty said he was working security for the Rainbow Lounge at the time of the raid early Sunday morning. He said an officer approached him and asked how much he had had to drink.

“I told him I was working and hadn’t had anything to drink, and that’s when he told me, ‘Then you need to make yourself scarce.’ So I did. I went to the back out of the way. I took that as a threat that if I didn’t, I would be arrested, too,” McCarty said. McCarty said that he saw officers throw Chad Gibson to the floor, adding that, “There were people standing there watching it happen and crying. They were scared. It was just brutal.”

And another:

Egert also said she didn’t see anyone make sexual advances toward any of the officers and that she didn’t see anyone grope any of the officers. “The people in there were scared. They were all getting out of their [police officers’] way,” she said. “No one resisted arrest. They were singling out specific people, the men who seemed more effeminate. It just seems like it was a deliberate jab at the community.”

Gibson may die from his injuries or suffer permanent brain damage. Pray that he makes a full recovery which is still possible. He is 26 years old, and weighs 160 pounds. It took four or five officers to take him down because he allegedly groped them and yet he was never charged with assault.

We should call this what it is: a violent, homophobic raid to persecute and physically assault gay men, with some witnesses saying that they targeted the smaller and more effeminate men. We need a full investigation and in the meantime the police chief and all those cops who launched this raid need to be suspended until this is cleared up. No police chief should remain in his position after offering the gay panic defense for brutal beatings by cops.

Now friends, this entire screed is just one long lie... The entire argument appeals to not a single fact; but a long list of emotional appeals from that of sympathy, to ignorance to the tired attack upon those who simply bring the message.

What ya have here, is little more than the queers inside that lobby getting up in the grill of law enforcement; and who now come to lament the ramifications of the foolishness.

I've no DOUBT that those pathetic sexual deviants were shoving their 'lifestyle' choice in the faces of those officers and they did so upon the erroneous premise that their quasi-publically protected status as 'homosexuals' would somehow protect them...

Looks like they've succumbed to YET ANOTHER POORLY THOUGHT OUT CONCLUSION...

And with that I'd like to offer a round of applause to the good men of Texas Law Enforcement...

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Well done Lads... and I hope that in so doing, you haven't subjected yourself to the lethal virus common to these sexual misfits.

Evidently your premise is that they are more comfortable with their sexuality than you are, they are automatically guilty of any offense necessary to justify the beating?:eusa_eh:

Another eye-witness:

Another:

And another:

Now friends, this entire screed is just one long lie... The entire argument appeals to not a single fact; but a long list of emotional appeals from that of sympathy, to ignorance to the tired attack upon those who simply bring the message.

What ya have here, is little more than the queers inside that lobby getting up in the grill of law enforcement; and who now come to lament the ramifications of the foolishness.

I've no DOUBT that those pathetic sexual deviants were shoving their 'lifestyle' choice in the faces of those officers and they did so upon the erroneous premise that their quasi-publically protected status as 'homosexuals' would somehow protect them...

And with that I'd like to offer a round of applause to the good men of Texas Law Enforcement...

Well done Lads... and I hope that in so doing, you haven't subjected yourself to the lethal virus common to these sexual misfits.

Maybe the cops can come round your area and beat the shit out of some local doms, eh?

Another eye-witness:

Another:

And another:

Lovely...and here I thought we were all in the same time continuim rather than some, like your post, indicating people stuck in the mid-20th century...ante Stonewall.

But, it was Texas...I am not surprised in the least.

Lovely...and here I thought we were all in the same time continuim rather than some, like your post, indicating people stuck in the mid-20th century...ante Stonewall.

It was on the 40th anniversary of Stonewall as well.

It was on the 40th anniversary of Stonewall as well.

40 years ago...yep, I can believe that Texas is more than 40 years behind the times. That doesn't surprise me either, from the experiences I've had living there for the oh too long time in which I had to.

Lets postulate, just for the sake of it, that your right. They were beaten because they refused a lawful order.

Do you still agree with the beating so severe it put a kid into the hospital?

ROFLMNAO... Ahh.... so your response is to trot out another fallacious appeal?

Here's the problem with your question... it projects that the mere happenstance of injuries sustained, which require hospitalization were the result of a severe beating...

So let's try to avoid projecting the delusion that he was injured as a result of abuse by the officers and recognize that had he kept his mouth shut, his hands to himself; followed directions and treated the officers with the respect required by law... that he would have sustained NO INJURY.

You know, I've traveled all over the country, been in a lot of bars. Even in Texas. Never have seen a bunch of cops checking out random bars for drunks. Imagine that: drunks in a bar. Anyone know, is this common practice in Texas?

You know, I've traveled all over the country, been in a lot of bars. Even in Texas. Never have seen a bunch of cops checking out random bars for drunks. Imagine that: drunks in a bar. Anyone know, is this common practice in Texas?

I'm thinking not....considering they even let (or did when I was there) people drive while drinking...as long as you weren't drunk.

Maybe the cops can come round your area and beat the shit out of some local doms, eh?

ROFLMNAO... You just can't argue outside of fallacy can ya sis? Such appears to be completely beyond your intellectual reach.

Let me help ya with this one...

Cops have on their chest a BADGE; OKA: The Shield...

My policy with such is to comply with the commands of those who are executing their lawful position which rests behind the civil protections afforded by that shield...

Where such is determined by me to be an unalwaful abuse of that office; I take such to a hearing by the judiciary; wherein I advance the evidence for consideration by that court.

That way, I do not subject myself to the irresistable force common to that office and defend my rights and my means to exercise those rights.

Now had your little queer buddy managed to respect the Shield, he'd be in a MUCH better position today.

Again... I applaud the Officers of Texas... :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2: doing what needs to be done to maintain civil order.

What cracks me up about all of this is how A LEFTISTS... who is on record throughout this Board for having advocated for every MANNER of public authority to strip people of their means to exercise their rights, through the implementation of leftist policy... are HYSTERICAL over someone who was injured by their rejection of and ensuing resisting of just and long standing public authority.

Hilarious.

Sounds to me like the cops went looking for a fight. Haven't heard any good reason yet why they were even there. Was any crime uncovered? Was anyone charged with any crime?

One wonders how often Texas cops cruise into bars not frequented by queers to check the patrons for public drunkeness?

My guess is...uhm.. never?

Gaybashing is so gay. Even Texas cops know that.

So really what went down here is the local cops were shaking down a bar owner who wasn't paying his police protection.

Now you can either believe that or you can believe that all those cops faggots who wanted to touch other fags.

Take you pick, boys, that's your real world policework.

Here's the problem with your question... it projects that the mere happenstance of injuries sustained, which require hospitalization were the result of a severe beating...

In other words... reality...

So let's try to avoid projecting the delusion that he was injured as a result of abuse by the officers
:eusa_eh:

and recognize that had he kept his mouth shut, his hands to himself; followed directions and treated the officers with the respect required by law... that he would have sustained NO INJURY.

So, basically you're saying that anything that happens to a fag is the fags fault and the fag should be silent?

Got any evidence to support your crap?

Again... I applaud the Officers of Texas... :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2: doing what needs to be done to maintain civil order.

anyone else reminded of those who 'mainted order' back in '68 and those who rushed to defend the actions that ensued?

Sounds to me like the cops went looking for a fight.

I find the timing quite curious

Forum List

Back