Donald Trump: Kentucky clerk broke ‘the law of the land’ by blocking gay weddings

David_42

Registered Democrat.
Aug 9, 2015
Trump is so strange, he's all over the place. Good for him though.
Donald Trump: Kentucky clerk broke ‘the law of the land’ by blocking gay weddings
Donald Trump has split again from some of his Republican opponents – claiming that Kentucky clerk Kim Davis “violated the law of the land”.

The billionaire businessman and Apprentice boss is one of 17 Republicans running for the Presidential nomination – and though he started the race opposed to LGBT equality, has rapidly shifted on the issue since same-sex marriage became law in all 50 states.

Mr Trump has since split from the party by admitting that opposing equal marriage is a “dead issue” – and also split by suggesting it should be against the law to discriminate against employees based on sexuality.

He spoke out again over the case of Kentucky clerk Kim Davis, who has been strongly defended by Presidential contenders including Mike Huckabee, Ted Cruz and Rand Paul after she defied court orders to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples.

Davis was later jailed for contempt of court.

Speaking to MSNBC, Mr Trump said that while he “hates” to see anyone in jail for contempt of court, Davis should not have prevented others in her office from issuing marriage licenses.

He said: “I would say the simple answer is ‘let her [deputies] do it’. From what I understand, she wasn’t letting her deputies do it either.

I mean seriously, how many gays are living in Kentucky?

I find it ironic that the name of the town is Morehead.....:rofl:

AFAIC, she's an attention seeking hypocrite. It's time for her to either do her job, delegate it to someone else, or be fired.

I agree with Trump. She has other people that work in her office. If she has legit religious objections, have an assistant do the gay marriage licenses.....Problem solved,no jail time required.

I actually doubt the current dictatorship will be ok with that.

I agree with Trump. She has other people that work in her office. If she has legit religious objections, have an assistant do the gay marriage licenses.....Problem solved,no jail time required.

What dictatorship? That's an insult to those who live under actual dictatorships.

What dictatorship? That's an insult to those who live under actual dictatorships.

That is not true because I did not feel insulted by my own comment.

I forgot you're a pitiful right wing troll.

Trump probably realizes that there isn't much that can be done for this woman since the court has the power to enforce laws in any way they want. That is closer to the truth than saying she legitimately broke the law.

I forgot you're a pitiful right wing troll.

I almost forgot you are a moron. Thanks for reminding me.

:lol:

She's only being held because she straight-out refused to let her subordinates issue the licenses.

Donald Trump has split again from some of his Republican opponents – claiming that Kentucky clerk Kim Davis “violated the law of the land”.

The billionaire businessman and Apprentice boss is one of 17 Republicans running for the Presidential nomination – and though he started the race opposed to LGBT equality, has rapidly shifted on the issue since same-sex marriage became law in all 50 states.

Mr Trump has since split from the party by admitting that opposing equal marriage is a “dead issue” – and also split by suggesting it should be against the law to discriminate against employees based on sexuality.

He spoke out again over the case of Kentucky clerk Kim Davis, who has been strongly defended by Presidential contenders including Mike Huckabee, Ted Cruz and Rand Paul after she defied court orders to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples.

Speaking to MSNBC, Mr Trump said that while he “hates” to see anyone in jail for contempt of court, Davis should not have prevented others in her office from issuing marriage licenses.

He said: “I would say the simple answer is ‘let her [deputies] do it’. From what I understand, she wasn’t letting her deputies do it either.

Yo, Trump will learn, he is not your typical Politician, like Hillary, Obama, Biden, Jeb, etc,!

"GTP"
donald-trump-businessjunkee.jpg

:lol:

She's only being held because she straight-out refused to let her subordinates issue the licenses.

There is no word more powerful than no and I think that is a word the government should hear more often.

Trump is the best non politician politician I have ever seen. Knows whose ass to kiss and whose not to kiss. That pansy bitch can kiss my ass he ain't getting my vote. Here I thought the man had some balls when it came to social issues but guess not. No better than Hillary or Bernie.

Well we know where Huckabee's fans won't be going when the Hucknut drops out.

Trump is the best non politician politician I have ever seen. Knows whose ass to kiss and whose not to kiss. That pansy bitch can kiss my ass he ain't getting my vote. Here I thought the man had some balls when it came to social issues but guess not. No better than Hillary or Bernie.

Yo, if you want another idiot Politician, then vote for one? But the problem in America is? Putting the same old idiots in office who keep running this Country to Hell!!!

"GTP"
trump-hell-hole (1).jpg

I find it extremely disgusting that a woman believes she has a right to force her religion on everyone else. Including people who work with her.

Wow. She has a lot of nerve.

I guess she doesn't know that the supreme court has ruled over and over that the first amendment separates church and state. This woman is a public servant, the people of her state pay her. She's a part of the government. She is specifically not allowed to bring religion into her job.

The fact that she refused to let others in her office issue the marriage licenses shows that it's not just a religious situation. If it was she would have gladly allowed others to do her job for her.

She not only wants to force her religion on everyone else, she wants to be a martyr.

I bet there's already a charity supporting her and people sending her money.

Well, he's right on all counts. None of us will abide by an elected official breaking the law.

I mean seriously, how many gays are living in Kentucky?

I find it ironic that the name of the town is Morehead.....:rofl:

AFAIC, she's an attention seeking hypocrite. It's time for her to either do her job, delegate it to someone else, or be fired.

I think it is 'interesting,' her history of several marriages and divorces and having a child by one man while married to another, and then she becomes a Christian and is so intensely self-righteous about her 'religious beliefs.' What BS. She's not a Christian; she's a hypocrite. That’s another religion: self-aggrandizement and hypocrisy.

Forum List

Back