Donald Trump Jr. proudly posts a white supremacist/Nazi meme on Instagram.

This is how the frog began his support for Aryans... lots more at the link

How Pepe the Frog Became a Nazi Trump Supporter and Alt-Right Symbol

48807968.cached.jpg

via Twitter
FEELS RATHER UNCOMFORTABLE, MAN

4chan’s Pepe the Frog meme was wildly popular among ‘normies’—until white nationalists decorated him with swastikas and gave him a Trump button.
The green frog was behind the United States side of the metal fence at the country’s southernmost border, smirking and holding a Donald Trump campaign button up to his chin.

A caricature of a Mexican couple—the man dressed in a sombrero and poncho, the woman with braided hair and an infant in her arms—looked out at him through the barricade and cried.

Then the frog was someplace else entirely, this time covered in Nazi insignia: above his smirk, the phrase “SKIN HEAD” and a swastika; over his left eyelid, “14,” the numeric shorthand for “we must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children”; and over his right eyelid, “88,” which stands for “Heil Hitler.”

And there the frog was yet again, standing at a lectern stamped with the presidential seal, a red tie hanging from his green neck, Trump’s iconic hair arranged on his head and an American flag at his back.

This is Pepe, a cartoon amphibian introduced to the world sans swastikas and Trump associations in 2005, on Myspace, in the artist Matt Furie’s comic strip Boy’s Club, and popularized on 4chan in the ensuing 11 years, culminating in 2015, when teens shared Pepe’s likeness so many times he became the biggest meme on Tumblr. (Furie did not respond to an interview request from The Daily Beast.)

48807968.cached.jpg

via Twitter

4chan’s Pepe the Frog meme was wildly popular among ‘normies’—until white nationalists decorated him with swastikas and gave him a Trump button.
The green frog was behind the United States side of the metal fence at the country’s southernmost border, smirking and holding a Donald Trump campaign button up to his chin.

A caricature of a Mexican couple—the man dressed in a sombrero and poncho, the woman with braided hair and an infant in her arms—looked out at him through the barricade and cried.

Then the frog was someplace else entirely, this time covered in Nazi insignia: above his smirk, the phrase “SKIN HEAD” and a swastika; over his left eyelid, “14,” the numeric shorthand for “we must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children”; and over his right eyelid, “88,” which stands for “Heil Hitler.”

And there the frog was yet again, standing at a lectern stamped with the presidential seal, a red tie hanging from his green neck, Trump’s iconic hair arranged on his head and an American flag at his back.

This is Pepe, a cartoon amphibian introduced to the world sans swastikas and Trump associations in 2005, on Myspace, in the artist Matt Furie’s comic strip Boy’s Club, and popularized on 4chan in the ensuing 11 years, culminating in 2015, when teens shared Pepe’s likeness so many times he became the biggest meme on Tumblr. (Furie did not respond to an interview request from The Daily Beast.)
Yeah, this is a lot like how the Swastika went from being an ancient religious symbol to being associated almost uniquely with the Nazis. There's been a concerted effort recently by the #AltRight to claim Pepe by making him as toxic a symbol as possible. It's impossible at this point to claim ignorance of what Pepe stands for if you've been on Twitter at all.

For the record, that's part of the issue I'm seeing here on this board. A lot of the folks in denial about the #AltRight, who they are, and what they stand for, clearly are NOT active on social media because those guys are all over the place there. They are loud, offensive, and love to go attack folks who say anything they disagree with. They are unabashed racists and misogynists and it's impossible to be one of them and be a good person by any standard folks use to measure decent people.

Hillary may have been off on the numbers, but if you're #AltRight you absolutely are deplorable.

48807968.cached.jpg

via Twitter

Yeah, this is a lot like how the Swastika went from being an ancient religious symbol to being associated almost uniquely with the Nazis. There's been a concerted effort recently by the #AltRight to claim Pepe by making him as toxic a symbol as possible. It's impossible at this point to claim ignorance of what Pepe stands for if you've been on Twitter at all.

For the record, that's part of the issue I'm seeing here on this board. A lot of the folks in denial about the #AltRight, who they are, and what they stand for, clearly are NOT active on social media because those guys are all over the place there. They are loud, offensive, and love to go attack folks who say anything they disagree with. They are unabashed racists and misogynists and it's impossible to be one of them and be a good person by any standard folks use to measure decent people.

Hillary may have been off on the numbers, but if you're #AltRight you absolutely are deplorable.
Hillary was a fool to make an issue of this.

The post, prominently featuring Pepe the frog, the adopted symbol of white supremacists and Nazis, can be seen at the link below.

Donald Trump Jr. Shares White Supremacist Meme

Just two months after the Trump campaign got into trouble for tweeting an image that was widely seen as anti-Semitic, a member of the Republican nominee’s family is at it again. On Sunday, Donald Trump Jr., the eldest son of Donald Trump, proudly promoted the above Instagram post, which includes a meme frequently shared by white supremacists. “Apparently I made the cut as one of the Deplorables,” he wrote, referring to a series of controversial comments Hillary Clinton recently made about Trump’s supporters. “All kidding aside I am honored to be grouped with the hard working men and women of this great nation that have supported@realdonaldtrump and know that he can fix the mess created by politicians in Washington.”

The image, which plays off Sylvester Stallone’s geriatric action movie The Expendables, shows Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump and his sons alongside such “hard working men” as prominent conspiracy theorist Alex Jones, Breitbart commentator Milo Yiannopoulos—who was banned from Twitter for inciting hateful rhetoric—and Pepe the Frog, an amphibian meme that has been appropriated by Trump’s “alt-right” followers, some of whom use the image to peddle racism, anti-Semitism, and white nationalism.

Roger Stone, a longtime Trump ally, tweeted the same image on Saturday, while former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke, who is running for Senator in Louisiana, tweeted his own version of the meme, boasting the tagline: “Anti-Racist is a code word for anti-white.”

SNIP

How Pepe the Frog came to be a symbol of the Alt-Right.

SNIP

On Jan. 7, Cheri Jacobus, a Republican consultant and pundit who is suing Trump for defamation and has been harassed by Trump supporters, tweeted, “The green frog symbol is what white supremacists use in their propaganda. U don’t want to go there.”

SNIP

@JaredTSwift said some of the support for Trump was in jest, but for most of his cohorts, it’s sincere. He even claimed to have voted for Trump in the primary himself, wherever it is he lives, and said he’d vote for him in the general, too.

In a sense, we’ve managed to push white nationalism into a very mainstream position,” he said. “Trump’s online support has been crucial to his success, I believe, and the fact is that his biggest and most devoted online supporters are white nationalists. Now, we’ve pushed the Overton window. People have adopted our rhetoric, sometimes without even realizing it. We’re setting up for a massive cultural shift.”

I believe Trump and his family are white nationalist.
I thought you progressives did not like guilt by association... :meow:

The post, prominently featuring Pepe the frog, the adopted symbol of white supremacists and Nazis, can be seen at the link below.

Just two months after the Trump campaign got into trouble for tweeting an image that was widely seen as anti-Semitic, a member of the Republican nominee’s family is at it again. On Sunday, Donald Trump Jr., the eldest son of Donald Trump, proudly promoted the above Instagram post, which includes a meme frequently shared by white supremacists. “Apparently I made the cut as one of the Deplorables,” he wrote, referring to a series of controversial comments Hillary Clinton recently made about Trump’s supporters. “All kidding aside I am honored to be grouped with the hard working men and women of this great nation that have supported@realdonaldtrump and know that he can fix the mess created by politicians in Washington.”

The image, which plays off Sylvester Stallone’s geriatric action movie The Expendables, shows Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump and his sons alongside such “hard working men” as prominent conspiracy theorist Alex Jones, Breitbart commentator Milo Yiannopoulos—who was banned from Twitter for inciting hateful rhetoric—and Pepe the Frog, an amphibian meme that has been appropriated by Trump’s “alt-right” followers, some of whom use the image to peddle racism, anti-Semitism, and white nationalism.

Roger Stone, a longtime Trump ally, tweeted the same image on Saturday, while former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke, who is running for Senator in Louisiana, tweeted his own version of the meme, boasting the tagline: “Anti-Racist is a code word for anti-white.”

SNIP

SNIP

On Jan. 7, Cheri Jacobus, a Republican consultant and pundit who is suing Trump for defamation and has been harassed by Trump supporters, tweeted, “The green frog symbol is what white supremacists use in their propaganda. U don’t want to go there.”

SNIP

@JaredTSwift said some of the support for Trump was in jest, but for most of his cohorts, it’s sincere. He even claimed to have voted for Trump in the primary himself, wherever it is he lives, and said he’d vote for him in the general, too.

In a sense, we’ve managed to push white nationalism into a very mainstream position,” he said. “Trump’s online support has been crucial to his success, I believe, and the fact is that his biggest and most devoted online supporters are white nationalists. Now, we’ve pushed the Overton window. People have adopted our rhetoric, sometimes without even realizing it. We’re setting up for a massive cultural shift.”

Your desperation at Clinton's faltering campaign is amusing, Matthew! Did you watch her IT guys take the 5th in front of Congress yesterday? Or the other one who said he had full access to her server with no security clearance at all? Is it me...or do the REAL "basket of deplorables" all work for Hillary Clinton?

do you need a safe space? to keep it real, maybe? these alleged people, alleged because all you've seen are cartoons on the internet, just bein' honest about that, they worship a moody frog. meanwhile, you're so caught up in the propaganda, you never considered why, you've only considered to make any attempt you can to preemptively hate them before they get a chance to hate you, and for what? what does it get you? it gets you more frogs.

SNIP

SNIP

SNIP

207nsbk.jpg

Chepe disagrees.

Mathew you really are on steroids with your anti trump rants. Do they even give you time to go relieve yourself or do they make you wear depends?
No doubt, and you guys thought I was bad.

As to this thread it's just stupid when you look at his friends & photos of him at social gatherings.
Matthew is just a gullible fool. The perfect lemming

do you need a safe space? to keep it real, maybe? these alleged people, alleged because all you've seen are cartoons on the internet, just bein' honest about that, they worship a moody frog. meanwhile, you're so caught up in the propaganda, you never considered why, you've only considered to make any attempt you can to preemptively hate them before they get a chance to hate you, and for what? what does it get you? it gets you more frogs.
Yeah, if you spout racist things on a public forum, if you advocate for violence against women, I'm going to pre-emptively think you're an idiot and don't deserve an iota of respect. I'm going to question your maturity and intelligence and I'm definitely going to think you're "intelligent" in the same sense a sea slug is intelligent.

You can say what you want online. That's fine. If it bothers me, I'll block you. If you do something illegal or that threatens my physical safety, I'll go after you in court. Freedom of Speech doesn't mean your views are valid. It just means you have the freedom to speak up and prove you're an idiot.

As far as the Pepe issue: If you're confused what he's a symbol of you are out of touch. Period. Anyone on Twitter or other social media sites have seen the #AltRight in action. If you still question why these people are bad people that deserve an electoral thrashing or worse, then you get out of your bubble and go see what they're up to.

48807968.cached.jpg

via Twitter

Hillary was a fool to make an issue of this.
Trump was a fool to bring on Bannon and connect himself directly to this. Right up to that moment he had deniability. He'd tweeted stuff that had it's roots in white supremacy, but memes can come from anywhere. Now Breitbart is directly connected to his campaign THAT is an issue and it should be discussed.

Forum List

Back