Donald Trump has finally earned a superlative and there's no question that he truly has

BTW Xelor, If you look at the history of Silicon Valley, you'll see that at SOME POINT, there's an attempt to REMOVE the entrepreneurs and replace them with "industry execs". Look at the drama with Steve Jobs at Apple Or the movement of the founders at the social media companies from RUNNING the operation to sitting and chairing the board. Different skills, different ways of communicating.

Trump never faced that "purge". Because the company RUNS on his name. And because he never entertained any notion of "going public" or having stockholders.

In terms of projecting confidence, you are correct; however, corporate executives of integrity (and having Ivy League educations and thereby "have the best words") also, for example but not limited to:

Not talking about CEOs with developed business lines and products. You need to think entrepreneurs who are constantly proposing things that don't yet exist. It's very important to make that distinction. Most of today's stellar entrepreneurs never HAD the "Ivy League experience". Or if they did -- they chucked it.

Think Elon Musk. Selling CONCEPTS. He has very few developed products and services that are MATURE COMMODITY items. (except for his solar panel business). He is the LARGEST tech exaggerator that I know. Or at least the most visible.

Is he LYING about his "coast to coast" chain of "Solar Powered" Tesla charging stations? Dunno. The stations don't have the solar capacity to charge 2 cars on a good day from solar. It's exaggeration. Just like Trump. Doesn't MEAN the vision is flawed. That's HOW you get attention and SELL IT..
You need to think entrepreneurs who are constantly proposing things that don't yet exist.

Oh, you mean folks like me when my first first began and over the years as it grew in success and that I eventually sold to a vastly larger competitor whereupon my firm became the foundation for an entire practice area within that organization? Yes, I thought about that too. No difference from what I've already described as the behavior of principals.

One time trick ponies doth not an "entrepreneur" make. You have a burning desire to DO that again? Bigger, better? Probably not. And if you needed to sell the idea to INVESTORS -- not BUYERS --- it's a HUGE difference in the process. The main distinction is RETAINING the creation and the money stream.

To wit, one example of that has to do with one's intellect. One who is indeed very knowledgeable a given topic need never descend to the point of averring directly that they know more about "X" than does someone else.

Again -- when you're selling stuff that DOESN'T yet exist, there are just OPTIMISTS and SKEPTICS. Not a huge field of "very knowledgeable" folks. You kinda got wayleighed with the distinction between the vast field of "industry execs" and the special class to which Trump is an icon -- of entrepreneurs..

MOST of his business is simply slapping his name on products, services and developments. The VALUE of that endorsement depends ENTIRELY on his image. So if he's a "narcissist" as many phony psychiatrists have attempted to assert -- He's GUILTY as charge because EVERY entrepreneur becomes a narcissist or leverages that natural characteristic. It's NOT a negative as YOU and your partisan tribe have attempted to portray it as a "sickness". Just as "over-activity" is not necessarily a handicap or a sickness.

Truly I don't even understand why you, or anyone frankly, deigns to finagle, by hook, crook or other contrivance/"spin," to exculpate Trump's, or anyone's profligate failure to tell the truth. Worse, is that you seem unwilling to hold him accountable -- by way of denying him your approbation -- for his paltering. That you do, and with seemingly unrelenting fervency, reflects nearly as negatively on your character as do the very lies themselves, and Trump's doubling down in them, on his. Who the hell, what kind of person, tries to defend, attenuate, or exculpate the morally/ethically indefensible?

The reason I have to say "nearly as negatively" is because I don't know you; thus I don't know whether you are ignorant of Trump's turpitude and depravity, or ignorant of the scope of and scope of the consequences of lacking integrity to the extent Trump does, or whether you are and are indifferent about it.

The man is an inveterate lair, and there is no excuse for being that. There is no excuse for lying about things petty or great. There is no excuse for principals' not consistently behaving with integrity. And there should no place in the WH for anyone who is untruthful or lacking high degrees of integrity that they also routinely and almost without exception (everyone slips up on rare occasion) behaving thus. Period.

And truly, were Trump not known to palter and/or talk about things of which he knows little or nothing, pretty nearly every time he opens his mouth and doesn't put food or drink in it, his approval rating would almost be at least 50%.

You kinda got wayleighed with the distinction between the vast field of "industry execs" and the special class to which Trump is an icon -- of entrepreneurs..

I have news for you: integrity is a thing maintained and exhibited more religiously by pretty much everyone other than Donald Trump. I don't even know your non-adult kids (or whether you have/had any), but I suspect even they are more consistently honest than he is. All four of mine damn sure were, and any parent will tell you that kids (in the period of their minority) are far from the most honest beings to walk the Earth, but, with any luck, they develop into being predominantly honest adults of integrity. Trump did not.

Some entrepreneurs who come to mind and whose integrity I have no reason to question (one due to reputation and the rest due to knowing them personally, either socially or professionally by way of having worked with them on numerous occasions -- as go the latter group, some of them are people whom I've know for 20+ years, some dating back to my MBA school, fellowship and undergraduate years):
  • Whitney MacMillan (Cargill)
  • Michael Dell (Dell)
  • Frank Mann (deceased)
  • Bob Smith (Albertsons)
  • The partners of Deloitte
  • The partners of KPMG
  • The partners of Ernst and Young
  • The partners of Bain Consulting
  • The partners of McKinsey Consulting
  • The partners of Boston Consulting Group
  • The partners of Williams and Connolly
Can one find a jerk or two among the groups noted? I'm sure one can, but on the whole, I've never run across so much as one principal among those organizations who lies and misrepresents the truth with the "reliability" Trump does. So, no, being a public corporation executive is not a distinguishing or determining factor in one's predilection for exhibiting high integrity.

In terms of projecting confidence, you are correct; however, corporate executives of integrity (and having Ivy League educations and thereby "have the best words") also, for example but not limited to:

Not talking about CEOs with developed business lines and products. You need to think entrepreneurs who are constantly proposing things that don't yet exist. It's very important to make that distinction. Most of today's stellar entrepreneurs never HAD the "Ivy League experience". Or if they did -- they chucked it.

Think Elon Musk. Selling CONCEPTS. He has very few developed products and services that are MATURE COMMODITY items. (except for his solar panel business). He is the LARGEST tech exaggerator that I know. Or at least the most visible.

Is he LYING about his "coast to coast" chain of "Solar Powered" Tesla charging stations? Dunno. The stations don't have the solar capacity to charge 2 cars on a good day from solar. It's exaggeration. Just like Trump. Doesn't MEAN the vision is flawed. That's HOW you get attention and SELL IT..
You need to think entrepreneurs who are constantly proposing things that don't yet exist.

Oh, you mean folks like me when my first first began and over the years as it grew in success and that I eventually sold to a vastly larger competitor whereupon my firm became the foundation for an entire practice area within that organization? Yes, I thought about that too. No difference from what I've already described as the behavior of principals.

One time trick ponies doth not an "entrepreneur" make. You have a burning desire to DO that again? Bigger, better? Probably not. And if you needed to sell the idea to INVESTORS -- not BUYERS --- it's a HUGE difference in the process. The main distinction is RETAINING the creation and the money stream.

You really should just cease and desist with your attempts to tell the story of what my business experience is. How far will you go before realizing that you don't at all -- in no way, shape or form -- know what you are talking about in that regard?

You really should just cease and desist with your attempts to tell the story of what my business experience is. How far will you go before realizing that you don't at all -- in no way, shape or form -- know what you are talking about in that regard?

Not telling you anything. I ASKED you a question. That's to get MORE information so that a discussion could occur.

Rump has had 7 bankruptcies in his business career and can't get licensed to have gambling in his las vegas hotel because he is not trustworthy. Kinda says a lot about his entrepreneurial abilities.

Not telling you anything. I ASKED you a question. That's to get MORE information so that a discussion could occur.
One time trick ponies doth not an "entrepreneur" make.

I have no idea what even to make of that statement or what relevance it holds for this thread or this tangential line of discussion that frankly is boring and off-topic.

You have a burning desire to DO that again?

Upon the sale of my company, I became one of the general partners in the firm that purchased it. Upon joining the new firm, I ran the practice that heretofore was my company. Recently I've transitioned into semi-retirement; however, to your "bigger/better" remark, under my leadership, in just two years, the practice generated twice the revenue it did prior to the sale and the staff grew by 1/3rd. Four years later, revenue had quadrupled. So was I willing to "do it" bigger and better than I and my partners were doing on our own? That's exactly what I/we did. (I also own and manage a much smaller and unrelated business.)

Having now answered your question about me, what has it, or the answer to it, to do with the first superlative Trump has indeed earned, that of his the lowest first quarter average approval rating of any president since WWII? That is, after all, the thread topic.

I would think that as a moderator, you above all others, would post remarks that directly address the topic of the thread and refrain from engaging in diversionary lines of discourse.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back