Donald Trump.....an objective assessment

No doubt, Trump is an entertaining candidate and has captured the interest of many republicans who see him as epitomizing a middle-figure "salute" to the corruption and ineptitude of our current congress.

Sure, there are aspects of Trump that are actually attractive....foremost of these aspects is the refreshing fact that Trump is not begging for donations from backers.....which often is tantamount for candidates to the placing of a price tag on oneself to be bought by wealthy special interests.

However, any objective listener to what Trump spews should realize that his rhetoric is nothing shy of demagoguery...... Trump easily points out the many woes facing our government lack of efficacy....but offers virtually NO discernible and viable plans as to how to fix those problems.....

Promising a wall between us and Mexico....and demanding that Mexico pay for it is nothing but a childish whim. Promising that China will succumb to his "superior negotiation skills" is also wishful thinking that probably elicits some chuckles among the Chinese government.

Bottom line: Trump will eventually implode from the inflation of his own ego, but he will have served an important lesson for the GOP that politics as usual will no longer be tolerated.
He CAN make Mexico pay for the wall. His plans call for I think it was 100k per ILLEGAL that gets across the border. That money would come out of the aid package we send Mexico EVERY year. So for every ten ILLEGALS we save 1 million and they lose 1 million. At that rate Mexico would build the wall to keep the money. So they WOULD build the wall/fence rather quickly.
How about if we just fine illegal employers $100,000 per illegal employee.

I'd like to see them spend a week in jail for every employee

Would that include your dear leader who is enabling them to stay here and is illegally issuing them work permits. How many years would 3-4 million weeks add up to?

But you could have used less derogatory terms to describe Trump. All we know, that self-confidence of his is key to victory.

Citing Trump's demagoguery is NOT subjectivity on my part; rather, it is self-evident that he DOES appeal to people's passions and, yes, their prejudices without really offering concrete plans to his, "I will do...."....etc.

But you could have used less derogatory terms to describe Trump. All we know, that self-confidence of his is key to victory.

Citing Trump's demagoguery is NOT subjectivity on my part; rather, it is self-evident that he DOES appeal to people's passions and, yes, their prejudices without really offering concrete plans to his, "I will do...."....etc.

Damned if that doesn't sound exactly like your dear leaders campaigns, it worked for him.

Damned if that doesn't sound exactly like your dear leaders campaigns, it worked for him.

Well, (blushing a bit) years ago I was a speech writer for some local politicians......hard to break the old habits....LOL

Well, (blushing a bit) years ago I was a speech writer for some local politicians......hard to break the old habits....LOL

If that is the case, you could have written that op in many ways!!

Bad nat, you should have written it like a concerned supporter--or even like a rabid rightwinger in love!!

Those styles would have been a lot more interesting. In stead, you wrote it like a liberal who still think f Trump as a big fat joke.
Bad nat--you have writing skills and don't want to show off!!

Might this be a plausable scenerio?
Trump does not get the Republican nomination, but rather than fade quietly out of the picture chooses to mount an independent run for the Presidency the way Ross Perot did in 1992.

No doubt, Trump is an entertaining candidate and has captured the interest of many republicans who see him as epitomizing a middle-figure "salute" to the corruption and ineptitude of our current congress.

Sure, there are aspects of Trump that are actually attractive....foremost of these aspects is the refreshing fact that Trump is not begging for donations from backers.....which often is tantamount for candidates to the placing of a price tag on oneself to be bought by wealthy special interests.

However, any objective listener to what Trump spews should realize that his rhetoric is nothing shy of demagoguery...... Trump easily points out the many woes facing our government lack of efficacy....but offers virtually NO discernible and viable plans as to how to fix those problems.....

Promising a wall between us and Mexico....and demanding that Mexico pay for it is nothing but a childish whim. Promising that China will succumb to his "superior negotiation skills" is also wishful thinking that probably elicits some chuckles among the Chinese government.

Bottom line: Trump will eventually implode from the inflation of his own ego, but he will have served an important lesson for the GOP that politics as usual will no longer be tolerated.
He CAN make Mexico pay for the wall. His plans call for I think it was 100k per ILLEGAL that gets across the border. That money would come out of the aid package we send Mexico EVERY year. So for every ten ILLEGALS we save 1 million and they lose 1 million. At that rate Mexico would build the wall to keep the money. So they WOULD build the wall/fence rather quickly.

I'd like to see them spend a week in jail for every employee
If they were actually prosecuted and fined $100, 000 per illegal employee, illegal immigration would cease to be a problem almost immediately.

The right would never stand for it. It doesn't punish brown people.
As if Americans aren't responsible for the current conditions in Mexico.

or more considering the damage they are doing to the country. and still take the money from mexicos money.
And I dont care if its a mexican or not, if they come across the border, the mexican government condones it. I believe I read somewhere that mexico was giving the cockroaches safe passage through their country to get to the border.
I wonder if anyone remembers Cheney's promise to make Iraq pay for the Iraq war with Iraq oil?

I wonder if anyone remembers Cheney's promise to make Iraq pay for the Iraq war with Iraq oil?

Well, you and I do remember that promise.....but I'm sure that if you asked Cheney directly, he'd offer to take you hunting in some remote area of Wyoming.

Yeah, yeah, and every other problem in the world according to your ilk.

Well, in fairness......we can say that we stole it "fair-n-square"

USAH061-H.gif

What we can say is that they lost a war they started AND we paid them for the land according to mutual agreement.

Under the treaty of Guadalupe-Hidalgo, Mexico recognized the U.S. annexation of Texas, and agreed to sell California and the rest of its territory north of the Rio Grande for $15 million.......Amazing what you'd settle for when there's a gun to your head.

What we can say is that they lost a war they started AND we paid them for the land according to mutual agreement.

Under the treaty of Guadalupe-Hidalgo, Mexico recognized the U.S. annexation of Texas, and agreed to sell California and the rest of its territory north of the Rio Grande for $15 million.......Amazing what you'd settle for when there's a gun to your head.

Not so surprising when you fired the first shot of the war you lost.

Forum List

Back