Donald Trump.....an objective assessment

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
No doubt, Trump is an entertaining candidate and has captured the interest of many republicans who see him as epitomizing a middle-figure "salute" to the corruption and ineptitude of our current congress.

Sure, there are aspects of Trump that are actually attractive....foremost of these aspects is the refreshing fact that Trump is not begging for donations from backers.....which often is tantamount for candidates to the placing of a price tag on oneself to be bought by wealthy special interests.

However, any objective listener to what Trump spews should realize that his rhetoric is nothing shy of demagoguery...... Trump easily points out the many woes facing our government lack of efficacy....but offers virtually NO discernible and viable plans as to how to fix those problems.....

Promising a wall between us and Mexico....and demanding that Mexico pay for it is nothing but a childish whim. Promising that China will succumb to his "superior negotiation skills" is also wishful thinking that probably elicits some chuckles among the Chinese government.

Bottom line: Trump will eventually implode from the inflation of his own ego, but he will have served an important lesson for the GOP; that politics as usual will no longer be tolerated.

Last edited:
  • Banned
You're not going to do this will all the candidates are you?

Only if you promise to follow me around like the puppy that harmlessly nibbles at someone's feet......as you usually do, dingbat.

No doubt, Trump is an entertaining candidate and has captured the interest of many republicans who see him as epitomizing a middle-figure "salute" to the corruption and ineptitude of our current congress.

Sure, there are aspects of Trump that are actually attractive....foremost of these aspects is the refreshing fact that Trump is not begging for donations from backers.....which often is tantamount for candidates to the placing of a price tag on oneself to be bought by wealthy special interests.

However, any objective listener to what Trump spews should realize that his rhetoric is nothing shy of demagoguery...... Trump easily points out the many woes facing our government lack of efficacy....but offers virtually NO discernible and viable plans as to how to fix those problems.....

Promising a wall between us and Mexico....and demanding that Mexico pay for it is nothing but a childish whim. Promising that China will succumb to his "superior negotiation skills" is also wishful thinking that probably elicits some chuckles among the Chinese government.

Bottom line: Trump will eventually implode from the inflation of his own ego, but he will have served an important lesson for the GOP that politics as usual will no longer be tolerated.
He CAN make Mexico pay for the wall. His plans call for I think it was 100k per ILLEGAL that gets across the border. That money would come out of the aid package we send Mexico EVERY year. So for every ten ILLEGALS we save 1 million and they lose 1 million. At that rate Mexico would build the wall to keep the money. So they WOULD build the wall/fence rather quickly.

Trump is obviously saying something those polled like. If he wasn't then he wouldn't be leading in anyone's polls.

Trump is entertaining and he's not afraid to tell you what he really thinks on any subject. He also doesn't give a shit if you like what he has to say or not.

He's a billionaire who can't be bought and he doesn't owe those mouth breathers in DC anything.

Will he still be around come nomination and debate time??

Its early yet and we'll see if he's still a viable candidate later in the year.

Could he do the job? Yes I think he could and we'll just have to wait and see if he gets the chance to.

• Banned
He CAN make Mexico pay for the wall. His plans call for I think it was 100k per ILLEGAL that get across the border. That money would come out of the aid package we send Mexico EVERY year. So for every ten ILLEGALS we save 1 million and they lose 1 million. At that rate Mexico would build the wall to keep the money. So they WOULD build the wall/fence rather quickly.

Nonsense.....at most, we give Mexico $350-400 million per year and most of that money goes to fighting the drug cartels.

He CAN make Mexico pay for the wall. His plans call for I think it was 100k per ILLEGAL that get across the border. That money would come out of the aid package we send Mexico EVERY year. So for every ten ILLEGALS we save 1 million and they lose 1 million. At that rate Mexico would build the wall to keep the money. So they WOULD build the wall/fence rather quickly.

Nonsense.....at most, we give Mexico $350-400 million per year and most of that money goes to fighting the drug cartels.
So how many ILLEGALS would it take to cost them ALL the money?
They would put up the fence to keep the money.

Or making the cartels richer.

Mexico would stop harassing the cartels and give them the OK to go wild as they stood on their side of the border and mockingly asked "How do you like us now Gringo?"

The Mexican army IS the drug cartels.

Donald Trump is nouveau riche white trash.

He is serving a very useful function though. Trump fills a particular niche, and he fills it very well.

Trump is illustrating by exaggeration. He is showing just how fake and corrupt our political system has become.

Our political process is indistinguishable from reality TV. Remember this as you watch Survivor the Republican candidate debate tomorrow night. Several of the candidates have already been voted off the island eliminated from participating.

In short, Trump is Incitatus.

Mexico would stop harassing the cartels and give them the OK to go wild as they stood on their side of the border and mockingly asked "How do you like us now Gringo?"
If they are standing on THEIR side of the border who cares what they think or say?

"...any objective listener to what Trump spews"

LOL! So much for the title of this thread ('...an objective assessment') - right out the window immediately. 'Spews' is hardly an 'onjective' term and immediately demonstrates opinion / bias...

Part of your diatribe, speaking about Mexico paying for a wall, China knuckling under - you incorrectly insist that Trump could not do any of these things. I would argue that he can...Obama could as well...if he had the desire to.

Case in point: The united States gives a large amout of money and aid to Mexico. If any President wanted to he could withhold any or all of that money and aid to help pay the cost of Mexico's illegals crossing into our country (care, feeding, legal/judiical, etc costs). Trump is also an extremely smart and experienced business man who has more such knowledge than probably the last 2 - 3 Presidents combined has had. You can't just simply declare what Trump says is false or that he can't do it...and still claim to be 'objective'.

I am not saying Trump can or can't, just pointing out that you 'objective' post is far from that.

Trump is obviously saying something those polled like. If he wasn't then he wouldn't be leading in anyone's polls.

Trump is entertaining and he's not afraid to tell you what he really thinks on any subject. He also doesn't give a shit if you like what he has to say or not.

He's a billionaire who can't be bought and he doesn't owe those mouth breathers in DC anything.

Will he still be around come nomination and debate time??

Its early yet and we'll see if he's still a viable candidate later in the year.

Could he do the job? Yes I think he could and we'll just have to wait and see if he gets the chance to.

I agree!

He is saying something that severly butthurt Republicans/Conservatives like.

The rest of America? NOPE.

And he cannot win with 52% of Republican votes alone.

Therefore, PLEASE nominate Trump.

Thanks.

Uhm, no.

That much stupidity has just got to hurt your little brain some, I am quite sure.

"...any objective listener to what Trump spews"

LOL! So much for the title of this thread ('...an objective assessment') - right out the window immediately. 'Spews' is hardly an 'onjective' term and immediately demonstrates opinion / bias...

Part of your diatribe, speaking about Mexico paying for a wall, China knuckling under - you incorrectly insist that Trump could not do any of these things. I would argue that he can...Obama could as well...if he had the desire to.

Case in point: The united States gives a large amout of money and aid to Mexico. If any President wanted to he could withhold any or all of that money and aid to help pay the cost of Mexico's illegals crossing into our country (care, feeding, legal/judiical, etc costs). Trump is also an extremely smart and experienced business man who has more such knowledge than probably the last 2 - 3 Presidents combined has had. You can't just simply declare what Trump says is false or that he can't do it...and still claim to be 'objective'.

I am not saying Trump can or can't, just pointing out that you 'objective' post is far from that.

Nice butthurt, N00b.

Uhm, no.

That much stupidity has just got to hurt your little brain some, I am quite sure.
So, provide a link proving the aid to Mexico is being spent on worthwhile projects.

should be no problem getting this past the liberals then.
For every 100k the wetbacks lose, thats 100k less to fight the liberal pastime of drug addiction.
should end up being more and better quality drugs for the libs.
could be the end of the war on drugs.

see, everyone wins.

Forum List

Back