A real effort, or a cosmetic one? Gun control or a Political Man Maneuver?

How about just locking up mentally ill people who pose a danger to society instead of burdening everyone else? Loughner, Houser, Holmes, none of these guys should have been walking the streets.

• Banned
How about just locking up mentally ill people who pose a danger to society instead of burdening everyone else? Loughner, Houser, Holmes, none of these guys should have been walking the streets.

Let me get this straight, you want to lock up the mentally ill because they might commit mass murder, so that your rights are not infringed. Is that correct?

Q. How is it to be determined which American citizen is to be "locked up"

Q. Do we ignore Art. I, sec. 9 and clause 2 of the COTUS

Let me get this straight, you want to lock up the mentally ill because they might commit mass murder, so that your rights are not infringed. Is that correct?

Amazingly every now and then you get it right.
In practice it is impossible to predict who will end up shooting people and who wont.

• Banned

Amazingly every now and then you get it right.
In practice it is impossible to predict who will end up shooting people and who wont.

True, but as usual you lack the ability to think pan-optically. Houser should not have been able to purchase a gun, but he did - legally. He could have purchased a gun illegally too, because there are millions of guns already available to steal or be purchased from an unscrupulous gun owner.

Conclusion: We need stronger gun laws and the laws in effect need to be enforced. Penalties need to be severe and imposedl

Forum List

Back