Domination

The human mind can reason all day long. The human being will continue to act in his own self interest. Some do it better than others. Tough shit.

That was profound LOL
Eight scotch on the rocks during the super bowl can make a man very profound the next day!

Are you incapable of moral behaviour without the fear of God hanging over you, as is PoliticalChic?
My point is that liberals can sit all day long and "reason" about the way the world should be. Conservatives deal with the world as it is. That means favoring a world where men work successfully for their self interest...and they help those who try like hell and don't quite make it...but they have little sympathy for those that never try....but instead whine about their rights and what is owed to them.

I was going to award you a Katyusha...but I'll hold off and see how you respond to this post.

Was that a yes or a no?

The question is, do you need God to make you moral?
Give him a few minutes. He has his head in the toilet right now, puking. Better in the toilet than where he usually has it.

If God is necessary for a moral society,

shouldn't our government be replaced by a theocracy? If the premise is true, shouldn't government officially recognize its ruler?

How many of you wish to join PoliticalChic in her advocacy for a theocracy to replace our Constitution?

I don't remember anyone forcing you to join a church or believe in God. It seems that atheist are pretty free to be atheist in this society. There are no prisons built for non-believers. We don't have a state funded temple. The president isn't pretending to be God...wait...you might have a point. If Obama is worshipped as God that means his presidency is unconstitutional. Help us remove him from office.

PoliticalChic says you cannot be moral without the fear of God. She says your ability to reason, over issues of morality, is inadequate to distinguish moral from immoral.

Do you agree or not?

The human mind can reason all day long. The human being will continue to act in his own self interest. Some do it better than others. Tough shit.

That was profound LOL
Eight scotch on the rocks during the super bowl can make a man very profound the next day!

Are you incapable of moral behaviour without the fear of God hanging over you, as is PoliticalChic?
My point is that liberals can sit all day long and "reason" about the way the world should be. Conservatives deal with the world as it is. That means favoring a world where men work successfully for their self interest...and they help those who try like hell and don't quite make it...but they have little sympathy for those that never try....but instead whine about their rights and what is owed to them.

I was going to award you a Katyusha...but I'll hold off and see how you respond to this post.

Was that a yes or a no?

The idea/ideal of God is what creates morality. I know you lib atheists think it's social pressure...been hearing that bs for 60 years.

That was profound LOL

Was that a yes or a no?

The idea/ideal of God is what creates morality. I know you lib atheists think it's social pressure...been hearing that bs for 60 years.

Was that a yes or a no?

1. How did primitive human societies maintain order before the concept of an imaginary God who could punish them took hold?

2. Are you sure that all atheists are incapable of adhering to a moral code?

That was profound LOL

Was that a yes or a no?

Doesn't Christianity maintain that humans are inevitable sinners, that they can't help it, and that is why God's forgiveness of sins was invented?

That was profound LOL

Was that a yes or a no?

Social pressure occurs in the societies of all social animals, for the sake of order.

Was that a yes or a no?

Doesn't Christianity maintain that humans are inevitable sinners, that they can't help it, and that is why God's forgiveness of sins was invented?

Your assumption that God is imaginary and forgiveness of sin is invented means nothing unless you can prove such. You can't so stop trying to look intelligent using it

Was that a yes or a no?

Your assumption that God is imaginary and forgiveness of sin is invented means nothing unless you can prove such. You can't so stop trying to look intelligent using it

God is imaginary because his existence has never been demonstrated or proven.

Do you believe humans are incapable of moral behaviour by means of reason?

BTW, if all God represents is either reward or punishment in some afterlife,

doesn't that make the belief in such a God merely an exercise in self-interest?

Was that a yes or a no?

Before Christ died for your sins forgiveness of the same didn't exist. Therefore it had to have been invented.

Once you've rejected reason, as has PC,

what's left?
Conspiracy theories?

She stated, unequivocally, that the ability of humans to reason is what's wrong with the human race.

I wonder if in the process she realizes that she was endorsing her own inability to reason.
Did she really say that? :eek-52:

Now do you see why he is the NYLiar?
You really did say that. You're the only liar here.

Once you've rejected reason, as has PC,

what's left?
Conspiracy theories?

She stated, unequivocally, that the ability of humans to reason is what's wrong with the human race.

I wonder if in the process she realizes that she was endorsing her own inability to reason.
Did she really say that? :eek-52:

Now do you see why he is the NYLiar?
You really did say that. You're the only liar here.

Yelling 'liar' now is pretty much all she has left. Yesterday she said Hitler was lying when I showed her, directly from Mein Kampf,

that he despised Marxism and believed that Social Democrats were nothing more than Marxists in disguise.

Which, scarily, is exactly her view. lol

That was profound LOL

Was that a yes or a no?

Give him a few minutes. He has his head in the toilet right now, puking. Better in the toilet than where he usually has it.

Was that a yes or a no?

Was that a yes or a no?

1. How did primitive human societies maintain order before the concept of an imaginary God who could punish them took hold?

The toughest dude dreamed up the rules...rules that would favor him...gathered supporters...maintained control until someonevstonger came along.

Never said that...but what code will they maintain? Their secular governments? Secular governments are real good with enforcing moral codes.

Was that a yes or a no?

Social pressure occurs in the societies of all social animals, for the sake of order.
Isis is good at it...go join them.

Was that a yes or a no?

ISIS? Aren't they religious extremists? Doesn't their moral code come directly from God?

Was that a yes or a no?

Was that a yes or a no?

Was that a yes or a no?

The toughest dude dreamed up the rules...rules that would favor him...gathered supporters...maintained control until someonevstonger came along.

Never said that...but what code will they maintain? Their secular governments? Secular governments are real good with enforcing moral codes.

Do we have laws against child molesting ONLY because God told us to?

Was that a yes or a no?

ISIS? Aren't they religious extremists? Doesn't their moral code come directly from God?
Not according to your fearless leader. He says Isis and other "violent thugs" have nothing to do with Islam. So it must be social pressure that allows them to do what they do.

Was that a yes or a no?

Was that a yes or a no?

Was that a yes or a no?

Not only because God tells us too. Many things can be determined to be "moral" by human reasoning that coincides with the natural law. Human reason can determine that molestation is evil...just as the killing of an infant in the womb is evil. By reason we can converge with Gods laws...but if you accept they come from God...then some jerk can't change them..like jerks on the SCOTUS.

Was that a yes or a no?

Was that a yes or a no?

Was that a yes or a no?

Not only because God tells us too. Many things can be determined to be "moral" by human reasoning that coincides with the natural law. Human reason can determine that molestation is evil...just as the killing of an infant in the womb is evil. By reason we can converge with Gods laws...but if you accept they come from God...then some jerk can't change them..like jerks on the SCOTUS.

Ok, so PC is wrong.

Why do some Christian churches consider abortion permissible?

And, btw, you are endorsing theocracy.

Was that a yes or a no?

Not according to your fearless leader. He says Isis and other "violent thugs" have nothing to do with Islam. So it must be social pressure that allows them to do what they do.

So you don't believe religion has anything to do with ISIS?

When did you flip flop, just now?

Forum List

Back