DOJ asked to investigate ID voter laws

Caging (voter suppression) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1980s

In 1981 and 1986 the Republican National Committee (RNC) sent out letters to predominately African-American neighborhoods. When tens of thousands of them were returned undeliverable, the party successfully challenged the voters and had them deleted from voting rolls. Due to the violation of the Voting Rights Act, the RNC was taken to court. Its officials entered a consent decree which prohibited the party from engaging in anti-fraud initiatives that targeted minorities or conducting mail campaigns to "compile voter challenge lists."[5]

[edit] 2004 US Election

BBC journalist Greg Palast obtained an RNC document entitled "State Implementation Template III.doc" that described Republican election operations for caging plans in numerous states. The paragraph in the document pertaining to caging was:

V. Pre Election Day Operations New Registration Mailing
At whatever point registration in the state closes, a first class mailing should be sent to all new registrants as well as purged/inactive voters. This mailing should welcome the recipient to the voter rolls. It is important that a return address is clearly identifiable. Any mail returned as undeliverable for any reason, should be used to generate a list of problematic registrations. Poll watchers should have this list and be prepared to challenge anyone from this list attempting to vote.[6][7]

How does purging the voter rolls of people who no longer live at their registered address in anyway suppress legal voters?

The law decided it was illegal because they way the republicans did it was done to keep legal voters from voting.

IT IS ILLEGAL to do what the republicans have been doing for decades.

You can pretend all you want that it was not found illegal but hten you would just be a liar

Yet you ignore study after study and pretend the court documents showing the republican party cheating year after year decade after decade means nothing.

Wow, talk about pulled out of your ass...

Then go read the thread from the start.

I have been providing studies and video and court documented facts.

What have you provided except personal insults?

What you posted was accusation after accusation. Accusations aren't facts even when they are levied against conservatives, they are accusations

It is without a doubt the democrat policy to allow illegal alien mexican assassins to vote in our democracy.

Now prove the democrats did that

Any democrat who makes voting so easy, a Mexican assassin can do it, is to blame.
Anyone who stops a common sense voter ID program that would have stopped him from registering, TWICE, is to blame.

Here's your sign.

You have no proof of your bullshit do you?

Wow, talk about pulled out of your ass...

Then go read the thread from the start.

I have been providing studies and video and court documented facts.

What have you provided except personal insults?

What you posted was accusation after accusation. Accusations aren't facts even when they are levied against conservatives, they are accusations

I provided court documentation of the facts.

You jsut pretend they dont exsist because you are a hatefilled partisan hack

1980s

In 1981 and 1986 the Republican National Committee (RNC) sent out letters to predominately African-American neighborhoods. When tens of thousands of them were returned undeliverable, the party successfully challenged the voters and had them deleted from voting rolls. Due to the violation of the Voting Rights Act, the RNC was taken to court. Its officials entered a consent decree which prohibited the party from engaging in anti-fraud initiatives that targeted minorities or conducting mail campaigns to "compile voter challenge lists."[5]

[edit] 2004 US Election

BBC journalist Greg Palast obtained an RNC document entitled "State Implementation Template III.doc" that described Republican election operations for caging plans in numerous states. The paragraph in the document pertaining to caging was:

At whatever point registration in the state closes, a first class mailing should be sent to all new registrants as well as purged/inactive voters. This mailing should welcome the recipient to the voter rolls. It is important that a return address is clearly identifiable. Any mail returned as undeliverable for any reason, should be used to generate a list of problematic registrations. Poll watchers should have this list and be prepared to challenge anyone from this list attempting to vote.[6][7]

How does purging the voter rolls of people who no longer live at their registered address in anyway suppress legal voters?

The law decided it was illegal because they way the republicans did it was done to keep legal voters from voting.

You can pretend all you want that it was not found illegal but hten you would just be a liar

Ummmmm.......if you don't live at your registered address, you cannot, legally, vote.

I have been giving answers all day.

The republican party has been working to keep legal voters from voting for decades and there is court documents to prove it.

So let's make voters show ID as a powerful tool to stop Republican fraud

Ummmmm.......if you don't live at your registered address, you cannot, legally, vote.

It was illegal.

you can keep pretending it is not illegal but then you would be a liar

1980s

In 1981 and 1986 the Republican National Committee (RNC) sent out letters to predominately African-American neighborhoods. When tens of thousands of them were returned undeliverable, the party successfully challenged the voters and had them deleted from voting rolls. Due to the violation of the Voting Rights Act, the RNC was taken to court. Its officials entered a consent decree which prohibited the party from engaging in anti-fraud initiaitives that targeted minorities or conducting mail campaigns to "compile voter challenge lists."[5]

[edit] 2004 US Election

I'm not denying the cases you've quoted. I'm denying that they have anything to do with your argument about id's preventing legal voters from voting.

Your not very bright. Here ill give you a link to back up my point...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow4SHYu2ZNE&feature=youtube_gdata_player]YouTube - ‪Beavis and Butthead -- Cornholio Poetry‬‏[/ame]

Now my point is proven right?

How can I be "partisan" when I don't belong to one? I don't even belong to the Libertarian party because while I usually agree with them I don't like parties?

Please, buy a dictionary.

It was illegal.

you can keep pretending it is not illegal but then you would be a liar

You can deny it found voters registered at old addresses, but then you would be a liar.

Now prove the democrats did that

Any democrat who makes voting so easy, a Mexican assassin can do it, is to blame.
Anyone who stops a common sense voter ID program that would have stopped him from registering, TWICE, is to blame.

Here's your sign.

You have no proof of your bullshit do you?

I gave you proof an illegal alien assassin in California, under a Democrat Secretary of State, registered to vote, twice.

How do you suggest we stop him from doing so again?

Just like I said you have no proof of what you claim.

You are merely spouting republican bullshit to fight cold hard court documented facts which prove that ID laws do keep legal American voters from voting and that the republican party has a long history of working to keep legal American voters from voting.

Im sure you will think of yet more names to call me to defend your support of completely unAmerican ativities by your party.

How can I be "partisan" when I don't belong to one? I don't even belong to the Libertarian party because while I usually agree with them I don't like parties?

Then why are you defending them in the face of cold hard court documented facts?

Because you just like to lie?

This is an attempt by the republicans to continue their march of keeeping legal Americans from participating in our democracy

Legal Americans have ID

So the people in this country who were born here but dont have IDs are illegal?

that is not what the laws say

And that's not what I said. That would be an example of a "strawman" argument. People who do anything in this country have ID's. Anyone who doesn't have one can with a little time and no money and if they are willing to have someone drive them to a voting booth but not a DMV for a free ID then they don't give a rip about voting.

On the other hand, people can go say they are Mary Smith and vote without an ID even though Mary is dead and they do that too. How often does it happen? Doesn't matter because there is a simple solution, check ID.

Just like I said you have no proof of what you claim.

You are merely spouting republican bullshit to fight cold hard court documented facts which prove that ID laws do keep legal American voters from voting and that the republican party has a long history of working to keep legal American voters from voting.

Im sure you will think of yet more names to call me to defend your support of completely unAmerican ativities by your party.

Are you high? The court cases you've been quoting do not pertain to voter id cases.

Your about to earn the prestigious 3 position on my ignore (stupid) list.

Then why are you defending them in the face of cold hard court documented facts?

Because you just like to lie?
I lie, you're a bitch, let's accept who we are and focus on the discussion.

So let's get this straight. If I support ID's and Republicans support ID's I'm partisan even if I don't support Republicans. I'm arguing something that Republicans do which is verboten.

Out of curiosity, if I argued against IDs and said I wasn't a Democrat, would that mean I'm a partisan Democrat or would it actually be OK in that case?

Forum List

Back