Doing The Right Thing: Arthur's Gay Wedding Episode Banned by Alabama Public Television

"I hope my child grows up to be in a nice, loving same-sex marriage". - Said no Parent EVER.

No one knows what causes someone to be gay. Why push the issue with kids?
It isn't going to turn anyone gay to see a gay couple on television. It isn't "pushing" the issue, it is simply showing a piece of life like any other that kids experience in their lives.

How do you know that? Is someone born gay, or do they become gay by circumstances in life?
Born homo. A mis-wiring. The equivalent of booger-eating.

PBS, Last Tango in Halifax, aired in Maine, is not afraid of love.

38ed3f2433cc22191f96ad200356e018.png
That’s propaganda.
No, that's Kate and Caroline. It's really a great show--funny too.

"I hope my child grows up to be in a nice, loving same-sex marriage". - Said no Parent EVER.

It isn't going to turn anyone gay to see a gay couple on television. It isn't "pushing" the issue, it is simply showing a piece of life like any other that kids experience in their lives.

How do you know that? Is someone born gay, or do they become gay by circumstances in life?

I would agree. But there's no proof of that. Likewise, no need to encourage it by acting like it's the norm.

I have always been told people are born gay; it is not a "choice."

I would agree. But there's no proof of that. Likewise, no need to encourage it by acting like it's the norm.
I’m not defending homosexuality advocacy. But it appears to be a proclivity.

Young kids won't even get it. It will go right over their heads.
Once my son and I were passengers in my pig of a stepfather's car and he drove down the side street so he could see the X-rated drive in movie that was playing. He slowed down and pulled over just as a closeup of a man giving another man a blow job blazed onto the screen. I hollered for stepdad to MOVE and distracted the kiddo with something so he looked the other way. It wasn't a cartoon so he wasn't interested anyway.

I timidly asked him the next day what he saw on the drive in movie screen.
He said a man was drinking a bottle of milk on another guy's tummy.
If they won’t get it then why push it on them?
This is agenda-driven.
It is simply normalizing a situation. However, I should think this "wedding" will lead to Arthur and his friend cohabitating, which will be a whole 'nother can of worms. Alabama PBS should just cancel the show if that is their objection.
I've never seen it and know nothing about it.
Normalizing a bad thing. That’s the issue. Kids need a mom and a dad. One or two of either has been empirically demonstrated as a bad circumstance.
Too progressive for lefties to understand or accept.
The majority of proper research shows that is not true. What matters is stability and love, concern, and clear, consistent rules and expectations.
Wrong. More propaganda.
The data and the empirical demonstrate clearly the need for both parents. This is a specifically post-1960’s development.
Get with it. Progress a little.
I spent an afternoon reading up on this last week, and the great majority of articles and research I found say what I said. You have been hoodwinked.

This is agenda-driven.
It is simply normalizing a situation. However, I should think this "wedding" will lead to Arthur and his friend cohabitating, which will be a whole 'nother can of worms. Alabama PBS should just cancel the show if that is their objection.
Normalizing a bad thing. That’s the issue. Kids need a mom and a dad. One or two of either has been empirically demonstrated as a bad circumstance.
The majority of proper research shows that is not true. What matters is stability and love, concern, and clear, consistent rules and expectations.
Wrong. More propaganda.
The data and the empirical demonstrate clearly the need for both parents. This is a specifically post-1960’s development.
I spent an afternoon reading up on this last week, and the great majority of articles and research I found say what I said. You have been hoodwinked.
Wrong.
My assessment comes from experience. I live and work in a mostly-black, mostly-fatherless locale. Not only do the general problems associated with that fatherless condition persist, my 30-year-old prediction of black females surpassing black males in terms of graduation and success have come to pass. The result of girls having mothers and boys missing fathers.
Empirical deluxe.

Wrong. More propaganda.
Wrong.
My assessment comes from experience. I live and work in a mostly-black, mostly-fatherless locale. Not only do the general problems associated with that fatherless condition persist, my 30-year-old prediction of black females surpassing black males in terms of graduation and success have come to pass. The result of girls having mothers and boys missing fathers.
Empirical deluxe.
It definitely isn't that simple. I'm glad to hear the girls are doing well, though.

Wrong. More propaganda.
Wrong.
Empirical deluxe.
It definitely isn't that simple. I'm glad to hear the girls are doing well, though.
No, it really is that simple. Every approach to reverse social demise has been attempted and failed —except for generating more family structure. It really is that simple.
What’s more, it’s a cruelty to intentionally deny a human the very natural right to be raised by his actual parents, mother and father.

Of course...you should be teaching kids that their male dogs or cats should be fucking female dogs and cats.
Come on PBS...start showing cartoon animal fucking to the kids to keep them straight!!!
So you agree.
Sure...if kids cartoon weddings means that they're being taught about animals fucking then why beat around the bush...show them what goes on.
The point is that kids realize their hetero parents are responsible for their existence. The specifics are not advisable at that age. Facsimiles in the form of affectionate animals is not a bad metaphor.
Throwing homosexuality into the narrative is confusing to kids and potentially obscene.
The parallel of upsetting homofascists by resisting the homo setting and animal rights extremists objecting to the objectifying of animals is sarcasm but still accurate.
The ultimate point stands; homofascists are extremists and are bad for children.
Once my son and I were passengers in my pig of a stepfather's car and he drove down the side street so he could see the X-rated drive in movie that was playing. He slowed down and pulled over just as a closeup of a man giving another man a blow job blazed onto the screen. I hollered for stepdad to MOVE and distracted the kiddo with something so he looked the other way. It wasn't a cartoon so he wasn't interested anyway.

This is agenda-driven.
You're concerned that it's obscene but if they don't get it then how can it be obscene and why does it matter?​

Wrong. More propaganda.
Wrong.
Empirical deluxe.
No, it really is that simple. Every approach to reverse social demise has been attempted and failed —except for generating more family structure. It really is that simple.
What’s more, it’s a cruelty to intentionally deny a human the very natural right to be raised by his actual parents, mother and father.
You think it's better for kids to be raised in a crack house to be raised with their biological parents...as an example..than with loving adoptive parents?

So you agree.
Sure...if kids cartoon weddings means that they're being taught about animals fucking then why beat around the bush...show them what goes on.
The point is that kids realize their hetero parents are responsible for their existence. The specifics are not advisable at that age. Facsimiles in the form of affectionate animals is not a bad metaphor.
Throwing homosexuality into the narrative is confusing to kids and potentially obscene.
The parallel of upsetting homofascists by resisting the homo setting and animal rights extremists objecting to the objectifying of animals is sarcasm but still accurate.
The ultimate point stands; homofascists are extremists and are bad for children.

This is agenda-driven.
You're concerned that it's obscene but if they don't get it then how can it be obscene and why does it matter?​
I didn’t say it was obscene. I made a comparison to obscenity rules.

Wrong. More propaganda.
Wrong.
Empirical deluxe.
You think it's better for kids to be raised in a crack house to be raised with their biological parents...as an example..than with loving adoptive parents?
That’s the usual wag-the-dog response. Using the anecdotal to justify a bad thing.

Government censorship is authoritarian fascism. Alabama is one of the most backward states in America.

Public television should not be showing perversion and sexual deviancy at all let alone to children in a CHILDREN'S SHOW.

Government censorship is authoritarian fascism. Alabama is one of the most backward states in America.
Define 'backward' genius.

I define progress as a combination of critical thought, beautiful safe and healthy streets, people showing value for human life and obedience to the law.

Alabama rates highly in all those categories.

California is backwards, not Alabama.

Forum List

Back