Dog got me last night..

Sallow

To discipline a dog effectively, you have to discipline him immediately after he does his deed. You have to associate a negative response with the action. He has to know that what he just did will bring a bad thing. If you come home a few hours after he has ripped up your couch and you discipline him, he has no idea why you are doing it. He will just think you are being mean to him. The only good thing that will come out of that is you are creating a mean dog who is more likely to bight you and others in the future.

And if you are beating him out of anger, you shouldn't have a dog.

I didn't beat him..I grabbed him. But in my mind it's sort of the same thing.

And I am admitting it was my fault. Not his.

Sorry. I saw that after my original post and corrected it.

Sallow

To discipline a dog effectively, you have to discipline him immediately after he does his deed. You have to associate a negative response with the action. He has to know that what he just did will bring a bad thing. If you come home a few hours after he has ripped up your couch and you discipline him, he has no idea why you are doing it. He will just think you are being mean to him. The only good thing that will come out of that is you are creating a mean dog who is more likely to bight you and others in the future.

I think you're a liar.

I was pissed and layed into him pretty good. Of course he didn't take it lying down and tore into my hand.

That does NOT sound like "I grabbed him." You BEAT the dog and he BIT you. You should be ashamed of yourself for starting a thread about it and bragging about BEATING your dog.

The animal abuser has already admitted he did more than just grab the dog (as if grabbing a dog by the neck is anything but dumb). He's back-pedaling faster and faster with every post

I am reposting this so people can see how the OP did not deny hitting his dog until people began criticizing him for it

My friend flew in from Seattle and I went to meet him last night. He's got a sweet job at Microsoft. Damn..he lost a ton of weight..

We had a lot of fun..and when I came home the dog left a nice little reminder all over the living room floor about how much he misses me when I leave. He tore up the sofa again. I was pissed and layed into him pretty good. Of course he didn't take it lying down and tore into my hand. Crap..hurts like a mother today. One of the cuts was so deep white shit was coming out. Probably could use some stitching.

Anyway..house is cleaned up..dog is pacified..but my hand still smarts.

::Groan::

Can't say I feel too sorry for you, Sallow. You can't hit your dog.

I was way pissed.

But yeah..it's my own damned fault.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

I think you're a liar.

I was pissed and layed into him pretty good. Of course he didn't take it lying down and tore into my hand.

That does NOT sound like "I grabbed him." You BEAT the dog and he BIT you. You should be ashamed of yourself for starting a thread about it and bragging about BEATING your dog.

The animal abuser has already admitted he did more than just grab the dog (as if grabbing a dog by the neck is anything but dumb). He's back-pedaling faster and faster with every post

Sure the hell is. He's a liar and an animal abuser.

It's no use trying to explain animal disciplne to the owner of a pink Poodle, he just won't understand.Just try to remember his dog lives in his handbag:lol:

Frankly..this is the first dog that I've owned that's ever bitten me. But I chalk it up to the unusual breed.

I've had all sorts of breeds..mainly shepards. But this one takes the cake.

This idiot thinks he was bitten because of the dogs breed, and not because the moron abused his dog. That had nothing to do with the bite :cuckoo:

Leave it to a wingnut to avoid taking any responsibility

Seems to me you've already bullied him into many admissions of culpability but you won't let it go, I have decided from this brief exchange that you are a fucking control freak bully who would probably benefit from having your very own nose scraped back and forth across a burst couch.:evil:I bet you are a joy to live with.

Sallow

I think you're a liar.

Naw.

I layed into him by grabbing him by the scruff of the neck and shoving his face into the couch.

It was abrupt, violent..and I am admitting fault.

You assholes condemn everything. You fucking think every indiscretion or mistake deserves the death penalty..

So fuck off.

Up until 3 years ago, I raised, bred, trained, field trialed AKC beagles for over 18 years. I had a medium-sized kennel and normally had 45 to 50 adult beagles. I have trained a good number of dogs over the years. The thing about training dogs is this... If you don't correct the bad behavior within 8 seconds after it has occurred the dog has no idea of what you are trying to get him to do, or in the case of biting, what not to do. Coming home to find your apartment in shambles and then trying to punish the dog for it was a waste of your time and annoying to the dog. One of the things that all dogs love to do is to please their masters. Dogs get off on doing "good" behaviors and being praised. Beating a dog is the absolute last thing you want to do. You should not yell at a dog normally because if you do, they become used to hearing you yell and it will become meaningless to the dog. Only use a stern voice associated with the word "no". If your dog bit you because you were beating him, I think you deserved it.

I think you're a liar.

Naw.

I layed into him by grabbing him by the scruff of the neck and shoving his face into the couch.

You assholes condemn everything. You fucking think every indiscretion or mistake deserves the death penalty..

So fuck off.

I love animals but hand on heart, if I had come in to that sight the end result would be a dead dog.

Frankly..this is the first dog that I've owned that's ever bitten me. But I chalk it up to the unusual breed.

I've had all sorts of breeds..mainly shepards. But this one takes the cake.

This idiot thinks he was bitten because of the dogs breed, and not because the moron abused his dog. That had nothing to do with the bite :cuckoo:

Seems to me you've already bullied him into many admissions of culpability but you won't let it go, I have decided from this brief exchange that you are a fucking control freak bully who would probably benefit from having your very own nose scraped back and forth across a burst couch.:evil:I bet you are a joy to live with.

None of my dogs have bitten me or anyoe else outside of playtime. As bad as I may be to live with, my dogs don't want to hurt me.

Wish I could say the same for Sallow.

I think you're a liar.

Naw.

So fuck off.

Bull shit... liar. Your own words got you busted this time. Your avatar adds to it. You like bad ass dogs, you think you're all bad ass with a mean temper, your dog fucked up so you BEAT HIM. You scared the shit otta the dog so he fought back and bit your hand. What do you do? You come on here start a thread bragging about how you LAID INTO and HIT your dog 'cause you're such a MEAN, BAD ASS... yeah... just look at your avatar. It's written all over you ass wipe. Well you're not fooling anyone. You BEAT your dog, you ADMITTED it, but now your PUSSY is showing and you're in FULL BACK PEDDLE.

Fuck off liar. You're an animal abuser and a dick head.

Last edited:
Up until 3 years ago, I raised, bred, trained, field trialed AKC beagles for over 18 years. I had a medium-sized kennel and normally had 45 to 50 adult beagles. I have trained a good number of dogs over the years. The thing about training dogs is this... If you don't correct the bad behavior within 8 seconds after it has occurred the dog has no idea of what you are trying to get him to do, or in the case of biting, what not to do. Coming home to find your apartment in shambles and then trying to punish the dog for it was a waste of your time and annoying to the dog. One of the things that all dogs love to do is to please their masters. Dogs get off on doing "good" behaviors and being praised. Beating a dog is the absolute last thing you want to do. You should not yell at a dog normally because if you do, they become used to hearing you yell and it will become meaningless to the dog. Only use a stern voice associated with the word "no". If your dog bit you because you were beating him, I think you deserved it.
i doubt he "beat" his dog

I think you're a liar.

Naw.

So fuck off.

Only a moron would think there's a significant difference between grabbing your dog by the neck and hitting him.

You're training your dog to bite and you're too dumb to realize it.

None of my dogs have bitten me or anyoe else outside of playtime. As bad as I may be to live with, my dogs don't want to hurt me.

Wish I could say the same for Sallow.

Let it go you stupid twat because if you or anyone else tells me they have never smacked an animal I'll show you a fucking liar.

Disciplining a dog with seconds of misbehavior is DOG TRAINING 101

If the OP doesn't know this, he should find a new home for his dog, and not get any more

I think you're a liar.

Naw.

So fuck off.

I love animals but hand on heart, if I had come in to that sight the end result would be a dead dog.

Wingnuts show their "love" for animals by killing them when they misbehave. Sort of like the way they prove their "love" for science by rejecting evolution and global warming

Naw.

So fuck off.

Wingnuts show their "love" for animals by killing them when they misbehave. Sort of like the way they prove their "love" for science by rejecting evolution and global warming
you are the wingnut in this thread

Naw.

So fuck off.

You are a disingenous bully and ****, how does that grab you?

I think you're a liar.

Naw.

So fuck off.

Bull shit... liar. Your own words got you busted this time. Your avatar adds to it. You like bad ass dogs, you think you're all bad ass with a mean temper, your dog fucked up so you BEAT HIM. You scared the shit otta the dog so he fought back and bit your hand. What do you do? You come on here start a thread bragging about how you LAID INTO and HIT your dog 'cause you're such a MEAN, BAD ASS... yeah... just look at your avatar. It's written all over you ass wipe. Well you're not fooling anyone. You BEAT your dog, you ADMITTED it, but now your PUSSY is showing and you're in FULL BACK PEDDLE.

Fuck off liar. You're an animal abuser and a dick head.

CORRECTION - Sallow wanted to ACT like a badass, but when he was challenged, he back off like the wussy boy he is

Why do you think he abuses animals? It's to make him feel like a tough bad ass. And why do you think he even posted about it?

He didn't ask for advice. He hasn't acted on any of the advice given to him by several posters, nor has he expressed any interest in doing so.

Forum List

Back