Does your employer Know......

A

archangel

Just curious...iv'e noticed quite a few people in here who are in this room for alot of hours during normal working hours...now some own their own businesess..others are retired...this I can understand...but for those who are in here for... I mean alot of hours during the day...and claim to have full time jobs...makes one wonder if their employer knows they are paying salaries for those to play in message boards...just a little food for thought! :halo:

archangel said:
Just curious...iv'e noticed quite a few people in here who are in this room for alot of hours during normal working hours...now some own their own businesess..others are retired...this I can understand...but for those who are in here for... I mean alot of hours during the day...and claim to have full time jobs...makes one wonder if their employer knows they are paying salaries for those to play in message boards...just a little food for thought! :halo:

Interesting question! I have the day off. During the school day, we are free to be online as we can fit it in. How many times have you seen me post up something like "This is great, I can use it at school."

Granted I teach social studies, which is why I'm interested in this type of board. But I know the math/science teacher scours the net for current stuff-like onedomino's in science, that the kids will be excited about.

During the summer, I've been working at a bank, no internet time there. :cry:

I can see though that having access to economic/political news would be useful to business and financial enterprises.

There was something to this effect on MSN not too long ago. I believe I posted about it here. Companies have been concerned about employee work hours they lose to the internet, so they install software that tracks exactly what is done on every computer terminal in their business. And they don't have to tell you.
Pretty much everyone who has appealed their dismissal due to "privacy concerns" has lost.

I believe several folks here are retired, or similarly at leisure. Which I fully support. :salute:

I was a government employee once apon a time...never abused the work hours though...
also I already took a hit on this after posting... my sbc line went nuts..lost internet..lost the ability to dial out...just got a dial tone...reported it using the cell phone...which then went out...finally got the problem fixed...makes one wonder...also my password was compromised and lost connection in here..
That has been corrected too!

archangel said:
I was a government employee once apon a time...never abused the work hours though...
also I already took a hit on this after posting my sbc line went nuts..lost internet..lost the ability to dial out...just got a dial tone...reported it using the cell phone...which then went out...finally got the problem fixed...makes one wonder...also my password was compromised and lost connection in here..
That has been corrected too!
MOVE, ARCH!!! they got yer NUMBER! :) LOL

Mr. P said:
MOVE, ARCH!!! they got yer NUMBER! :) LOL

They trained me well..better not miss the first time..or their ass is mine!...lol :beer:

-Cp said:
I'd chock this post up to:

N.O.Y.D.B.

At least I do not have a guilty conscience...hit a nerve or what! :D

I program the switch to do something, watch it work. There is little for me to do while it processes my requests. I therefore have some time to fill...

no1tovote4 said:
I program the switch to do something, watch it work. There is little for me to do while it processes my requests. I therefore have some time to fill...

and like to play in the switch room...humm...are your taxes in order? :rolleyes:

archangel said:
At least I do not have a guilty conscience...hit a nerve or what! :D

Not at all - I just think folks sometimes post these kinds of things whenver they see others doing lots of posts ...

Not sure why - perhaps it's to make others feel guilty somehow? *shrug*

Either way, it doesn't matter to me as it's none of my damn business who's on this board and for how long.

That's between the individual and his/her employer - if they have one..

-Cp said:
Not at all - I just think folks sometimes post these kinds of things whenver they see others doing lots of posts ...

Not sure why - perhaps it's to make others feel guilty somehow? *shrug*

Either way, it doesn't matter to me as it's none of my damn business who's on this board and for how long.

That's between the individual and his/her employer - if they have one..

I could care less either as I do not pay their salaries...just a post as food for thought! What does amaze me is when some come on so righteous...then abuse work hours and taxes...go figure :cof:

no1tovote4 said:
Yeah they are, and think bigger for the Telephone company. I don't work for a Baby Bell.

cause if not a felony may have been committed...baby bell or not! :baby:

archangel said:
cause if not a felony may have been committed...baby bell or not! :baby:

Felony? Which felony would you be speaking of? I don't think you are understanding what I might be saying.

no1tovote4 said:
Felony? Which felony would you be speaking of? I don't think you are understanding what I might be saying.

I was talking earlier about my phone system being knocked off the air today...while in this forum..password compromised...it was a problem in the switch room...then you came back with a joke(I presume) talking about playing in the switch room...go figure! ;)

archangel said:
I was talking earlier about my phone system being knocked off the air today...while in this forum..password compromised...it was a problem in the switch room...then you came back with a joke(I presume) talking about playing in the switch room...go figure! ;)

I work at a totally different company, you asked if my taxes are in order and I said yes. I never said I played in the switch room, I answered your question about taxes and then said I worked for a different company, not for Nevada Bell a much larger company...

:dunno:

no1tovote4 said:
I work at a totally different company, you asked if my taxes are in order and I said yes. I never said I played in the switch room, I answered your question about taxes and then said I worked for a different company, not for Nevada Bell a much larger company...

:dunno:

posts #4&5 then go to your post#10..you will see my drift.............. :cof:

archangel said:
posts #4&5 then go to your post#10..you will see my drift.............. :cof:

Can't say I blame you for being suspicious, but from what I know of No1, doubt he would do any such thing.

As for the topic, it seems to me that if your employer would frown upon being online at a messageboard, you shouldn't be. You want to be paid what you're worth, the employer wants their monies worth. Fair exchange.

To government employees in particular, WE are all your employer, IF you do not have a reason to be collecting 'opinion of the public' go to work!

Forum List

Back