Does The Universe Have a Purpose?

Space and time had a beginning. You've rejected it before.
If I was forced to guess, it would be the opposite of anything you say I said. I wonder how Vegas would cash that out
GT that's who you are.
You are obsessed with telling people how you think they are....so much so that its painfully obvious that you are classically projecting.

Ive never seen a single disagreement youve had in a debate here where youve remained cordial, and where the other didnt find you to be a hapless twat by the end.

You can scapegoat that crap onto me all you want. I dont give a hoot, its just furthering/affirming the initial impression over and over again.
Dude, that's all you do. You are extremely punitive.
"Punitive?"

I reciprocate your childish cartoon-like judgey bullcrap back in your face, and you take issue with that mirror.

"Punitive."

Not 2 seconds from you calling everyone who disagress with you "Militant."

Get a grip, you are about as genuine as a frog is a Prince.
Keep telling yourself that. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Not that big of an assumption and your life is yours to do as you want, more or less.

More or less....

Seems to me that the more people ass-u-me that the universe has a purpose, the less freedom they choose to claim.

Just ask any Sharia Muslim.....​
I don't see why. It's not like the universe is for any one person. We have the exact same freedom whether we believe the universe has a purpose or not.
Of course we have!

I never said that freedoms were withheld from Sharia Muslims, orthodox Jews or Fundamentalist Christians, many of whom will be more than glad to share not only their belief that the universe does indeed have a purpose, but also exactly what that purpose is, as well as how to lead a life of restricted freedoms designed to fulfill that purpose according to their own interpretations of Earth's Ancient Arab Stories......

I said that it seems to me that the more people ass-u-me that the universe has a purpose, the less freedom they choose to claim.

Facts are facts: The restrictive religious life is kind of the definition of it.

And now, let each and every American thank his or her preferred Deity that a contract, written some 240 years ago, is still in still being enforced that provides a better way than just giving in to faking beliefs in whatever bullshit the assholes rich enough to afford to an army or two believed.

:eusa_pray:

I like what Neil says. :thup:

Neil rocks. :rock:

We're too small to know. It's like asking a flea if the Earth has a purpose.

Bullshit. Fleas are little machines designed to feed, fuck and adapt, nothing more.

Humans are Monkeys with a capital 'M' for Sentience. We are more than capable of understanding the universe as evidenced by our passionate beliefs in some of the theories out there attempting to explain it.

What we lack is the ability to actually prove any one theory over any other.

Kind of sucks, but look at how the tool of 'faith' has come to a position of prominence in the Monkey Toolbox... there's a reason for optimism!

`

Not that big of an assumption and your life is yours to do as you want, more or less.

More or less....

Seems to me that the more people ass-u-me that the universe has a purpose, the less freedom they choose to claim.

Just ask any Sharia Muslim.....​
I don't see why. It's not like the universe is for any one person. We have the exact same freedom whether we believe the universe has a purpose or not.
Of course we have!

I never said that freedoms were withheld from Sharia Muslims, orthodox Jews or Fundamentalist Christians, many of whom will be more than glad to share not only their belief that the universe does indeed have a purpose, but also exactly what that purpose is, as well as how to lead a life of restricted freedoms designed to fulfill that purpose according to their own interpretations of Earth's Ancient Arab Stories......

I said that it seems to me that the more people ass-u-me that the universe has a purpose, the less freedom they choose to claim.

Facts are facts: The restrictive religious life is kind of the definition of it.

And now, let each and every American thank his or her preferred Deity that a contract, written some 240 years ago, is still in still being enforced that provides a better way than just giving in to faking beliefs in whatever bullshit the assholes rich enough to afford to an army or two believed.

:eusa_pray:
Anarchy for all!

Bullshit. Fleas are little machines designed to feed, fuck and adapt, nothing more.

Humans are Monkeys with a capital 'M' for Sentience. We are more than capable of understanding the universe as evidenced by our passionate beliefs in some of the theories out there attempting to explain it.

Kind of sucks, but look at how the tool of 'faith' has come to a position of prominence in the Monkey Toolbox... there's a reason for optimism!

`

How much of the universe do we know? Like 0.000000000000000000000000001% or less.

The problem with humans is the arrogance that we think we know everything. If we don't know it, to save face, we make it up. Like religion.

The purpose of the universe is to grow good weed. :biggrin:

^ This post explains a lot about you.
An analysis of the organic components of incence frequently used by a number of branches of Christianity reveals frankincence has a psychoactive ingredient closely related to the active component of THC (weed) . Have the congregation fast for week, get em into a dark cathedral, unleash the chior and candles, swing that incense and you make em see God.
Tell us something.

`

How much of the universe do we know? Like 0.000000000000000000000000001% or less.

The problem with humans is the arrogance that we think we know everything. If we don't know it, to save face, we make it up. Like religion.

You said "Too small to know..."

I said "Capable of understanding...."

You came back with "We just don't know...."

I agree with that. There is definitely more out there that We are clueless about than all the knowledge existing in the world today.

Where we disagree is on human capability - I believe that We can do it, therefore I'm long in every market and betting the farm on Momma's Little Bastards making it to the stars, all the while hoping that We keep pushing but NEVER get it all figured out.

`

the-universe-brain-cell-have-you-ever-wondered-that-maybe-11219063.png

So god put Adam & Eve in his garden and tempted them with the herb. And when they smoked it, they saw the light and said " GAWD!!! You're a fucking douchebag, get a grip!" and went to listen to some Rock n Roll.

`

You said "Too small to know..."

I said "Capable of understanding...."

You came back with "We just don't know...."

I agree with that. There is definitely more out there that We are clueless about than all the knowledge existing in the world today.

Where we disagree is on human capability - I believe that We can do it, therefore I'm long in every market and betting the farm on Momma's Little Bastards making it to the stars, all the while hoping that We keep pushing but NEVER get it all figured out.

`

Well, incapable of understand. Humans are incapable of understanding what they cannot see or know.

So god put Adam & Eve in his garden and tempted them with the herb. And when they smoked it, they saw the light and said " GAWD!!! You're a fucking douchebag, get a grip!" and went to listen to some Rock n Roll.
Stairway to Heaven?

Forum List

Back