Does the political definition of a "Teabagger" have to do with the sexual definition?

If the foos shits, bub. You're the one who can't help repeating the phrase like some odd Rainman.

If the foos shits, bub. You're the one who can't help repeating the phrase like some odd Rainman.

IF you are referring to me, the phrase I keep repeating is the one from the Bill Maher utube. Tea Baggers are "racist sore losers."

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4OnDXkvGZ8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4OnDXkvGZ8[/ame]

The pathetic thing here is that this issue is barely on the radar screen. No one is talking about Tea Baggers at the water cooler in the office. Most people don't know who they are, and those who do basically write them off as a radical element. What I am concerned with since their threat on the life of Anderson Cooper is their mental health, and capability of carrying out a threat like they made against CNN's Anderson Cooper. The name "Tea Bagger" is not some funny name we can write off as mere ignorance, Tea Baggers may pose a legitimate threat against American lives, and that would make them terrorists. It is a sad state of affairs.

Last edited:

IF you are referring to me, the phrase I keep repeating is the one from the Bill Maher utube. Tea Baggers are "racist sore losers."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4OnDXkvGZ8]YouTube - Bill Maher as a Tea Bagger[/ame]
[/QUOTE]

why duz u hate white peoples you racist azz licker.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4OnDXkvGZ8]YouTube - Bill Maher as a Tea Bagger[/ame]
why duz u hate white peoples you racist azz licker.

I classify bigots as useless.

Does the political definition of a "Tea Bagger" have to do with the sexual definition?

Here are some definitions from Google.

Tea Party protests - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

10 Lessons for Tea Baggers | Crooks and Liars

the New American Tea Bag Party: Tax Protest for Busy People

Andy Borowitz: Teabaggers Finally Google 'Teabag'

When I use the phrase "Tea Bagger," I do not mean an insult with the sexual definition, I am referring to the political definition. My words are and have been political banter, not a personal, disgusting sexual insult.

The name "Tea Party" is a reference to the Boston Tea Party, whose principal aim was to protest taxation without representation. The Tea Party today stands for Taxed Enough Already. The first modern-day tea party protests did involve sending tea bags to congress to let them know of the opposition to the bailouts. The left decided to use the term 'tea bagger' (in it's sexual reference form) as a way to dismiss, insult, and generally poo-poo the entire tea party movement. My, my isn't that special?

You haven't heard of any other term these folks are called other than teabaggers? Perhaps if you broadened your information source outside of Bill Maher and Huffington Post you'd realize that terms like tea partiers or tea party protesters are used by most. Well, those terms are used by anyone who wants to be taken seriously.

But you continue using teabagger and keep telling yourself it's the best term to use. You'll come across as sincere and people will just glom onto each and every word you post.

Does the political definition of a "Tea Bagger" have to do with the sexual definition?

When I use the phrase "Tea Bagger," I do not mean an insult with the sexual definition, I am referring to the political definition. My words are and have been political banter, not a personal, disgusting sexual insult.

The name "Tea Party" is a reference to the Boston Tea Party, whose principal aim was to protest taxation without representation. The Tea Party today stands for Taxed Enough Already. The first modern-day tea party protests did involve sending tea bags to congress to let them know of the opposition to the bailouts. The left decided to use the term 'tea bagger' (in it's sexual reference form) as a way to dismiss, insult, and generally poo-poo the entire tea party movement. My, my isn't that special?

You haven't heard of any other term these folks are called other than teabaggers? Perhaps if you broadened your information source outside of Bill Maher and Huffington Post you'd realize that terms like tea partiers or tea party protesters are used by most. Well, those terms are used by anyone who wants to be taken seriously.

But you continue using teabagger and keep telling yourself it's the best term to use. You'll come across as sincere and people will just glom onto each and every word you post.

Look, I have said this before. One use of the word "Tea Bagger" has a negative and insulting connotation. Many words have multiple meanings and connotation. Tea Bagger is one of them. The words are in mainstream media usage. I am not a fan of Bill Maher, the utube was sent to me by someone who is. In describing this group, I am on this occaision in complete agreement with Bill Maher. Personally, I think Tea Baggers are a threat to our American Freedom, especially after the life threat against CNN's Anderson Cooper. For Christ sake their own people are walking around with tea bags hanging from their own hats. Tea Baggers need to get it together.

original.jpg

I don't think I am a fault here, and I am getting irritated by this subject. Even the right-wing of the Republican Party gives Tea Baggers a mild reception. There is no apparent leadership, no concise understanding of their position on the issues. All we hear is complaints with racial overtones. America has passed this kind of bigotry. Watch that Bill Maher utube, he said what had to be said, and said it very well. If you are getting the message that Independents are writing Tea Baggers off right along with the Democrats, you are catching on.

Last edited:

Look, I have said this before. One use of the word "Tea Bagger" has a negative and insulting connotation. Many words have multiple meanings and connotation. Tea Bagger is one of them. The words are in mainstream media usage. I am not a fan of Bill Maher, the utube was sent to me by someone who is. In describing this group, I am on this occaision in complete agreement with Bill Maher. Personally, I think Tea Baggers are a threat to our American Freedom, especially after the life threat against CNN's Anderson Cooper. For Christ sake their own people are walking around with tea bags hanging from their own hats. Tea Baggers need to get it together.

teabaggers.jpg

The bolded, true . . . . and the left has taken this to the next level and throws the term teabagger around with a 'wink, wink, nudge, nudge'. Like I said, feel free to use the term . . . just be aware that many, many people see the term teabagger and dismiss whatever else is posted. Try using a different term and see if you notice a difference in responses.

I see you edited your above post . . . just to comment on the lack of leadership thing with the tea parties . . . that's intentional. There is no leader as the tea party is the voice of the people. Their message? In a nutshell they oppose big, over-reaching government and want it to stop.

Last edited:

teabaggers.jpg

The bolded, true . . . . and the left has taken this to the next level and throws the term teabagger around with a 'wink, wink, nudge, nudge'. Like I said, feel free to use the term . . . just be aware that many, many people see the term teabagger and dismiss whatever else is posted. Try using a different term and see if you notice a difference in responses.

I see you edited your above post . . . just to comment on the lack of leadership thing with the tea parties . . . that's intentional. There is no leader as the tea party is the voice of the people. Their message? In a nutshell they oppose big, over-reaching government and want it to stop.

Sorry, no sale, but I sincerely appreciate your rational adult approach to the subject. It is encouraging. Thank you.

I don't know what it will take for all you self-proclaimed Tea Baggers to get it through your thick skulls that no one with any bit of sense will take you seriously. You claim that you people are protesting "big, overreaching government spending" when that is what went on for the last 6 years of the last administration....not a peep.

The only thing that has changed since then..., well the only 2 things that has changed since then is 1. Its now a Democratic Administration and 2. Its now a black President.

Take your pick one which of the 2 are the real reasons why the sudden protest.

Had you people gotten up with the anti-war protesters of the last Administration instead of ridiculing them and ignoring them along with the FAUX set you would have had a leg to stand on.

As it stands right now...you don't.

I doubt the intent matters much anymore. I think they've mostly become immune to perceived insults, and some even gain more strength and determination.

I have been having private communication with a USMB member who is very upset with the phrase "Tea Bagger," and takes it from the sexual definition as a grave insult. I can see his point. This is why this thread to hopefully remove the sexual insult, and make it clear that my statements about Tea Baggers is purely political disagreement. Based on the links provided the term "Tea Bagger" is in mainstream term used by the media. To my knowledge no other name has been provided by this political group to describe themselves.

Who gives a fuck if a phrase used on a political message board hurts someone's feelings? If their skin is that thin, they should go choke on a sausage for the sake of the gene pool.

In truth, it's all mock outrage. The teabaggers can't stand the notion that anyone would mock them and not take their movement as seriously as they have deluded themselves into thinking it is.

At any rate, I use the term "teabaggers" as much as possible and the teabaggers hurl insults at me. I could give a shit about their insults. Obviously, their continued hypersensitivity over the term "teabagger" means the same can't be said about them.

So don't let the teabaggers get you down.

Oh, and FWIW, when I use the term "teabagger" I fully intend for it to be insulting and mocking. I am not going to sit here and split hairs over whether the term is "polite" or not.

Hey, it's just satire. Kind of like what Limbaugh does, right?

From the very FIRST time I heard the term "Tea Bagger" used in the political arena, and it was by self proclaimed Tea-Baggers and RW pundits...BEFORE they used The Google. I busted out laughing.

I haven't stopped laughing since.

LOL!
hysterical.gif

teabaggers.jpg

I don't think I am a fault here, and I am getting irritated by this subject. Even the right-wing of the Republican Party gives Tea Baggers a mild reception. There is no apparent leadership, no concise understanding of their position on the issues. All we hear is complaints with racial overtones. America has passed this kind of bigotry. Watch that Bill Maher utube, he said what had to be said, and said it very well. If you are getting the message that Independents are writing Tea Baggers off right along with the Democrats, you are catching on.

I'm not going to watch any video of Bill Maher or anything by you cockgobblers.

Oh, and FWIW, when I use the term "teabagger" I fully intend for it to be insulting and mocking. I am not going to sit here and split hairs over whether the term is "polite" or not.

It might have been a better for the teabaggers to ignore the focus on the term. It would have died off sooner.

I don't know what it will take for all you self-proclaimed Tea Baggers to get it through your thick skulls that no one with any bit of sense will take you seriously. You claim that you people are protesting "big, overreaching government spending" when that is what went on for the last 6 years of the last administration....not a peep.

The only thing that has changed since then..., well the only 2 things that has changed since then is 1. Its now a Democratic Administration and 2. Its now a black President.

Take your pick one which of the 2 are the real reasons why the sudden protest.

Had you people gotten up with the anti-war protesters of the last Administration instead of ridiculing them and ignoring them along with the FAUX set you would have had a leg to stand on.

As it stands right now...you don't.

Nope. Difference is . . . Bush's spending and growth of government was bad; Obama's is worse (it's like Bush's on steroids and red bull) and that's what prompted the Tea Parties. Nice party/race spin attempt though.

I doubt the intent matters much anymore. I think they've mostly become immune to perceived insults, and some even gain more strength and determination.

I have been having private communication with a USMB member who is very upset with the phrase "Tea Bagger," and takes it from the sexual definition as a grave insult. I can see his point. This is why this thread to hopefully remove the sexual insult, and make it clear that my statements about Tea Baggers is purely political disagreement. Based on the links provided the term "Tea Bagger" is in mainstream term used by the media. To my knowledge no other name has been provided by this political group to describe themselves.

Who gives a fuck if a phrase used on a political message board hurts someone's feelings? If their skin is that thin, they should go choke on a sausage for the sake of the gene pool.

In truth, it's all mock outrage. The teabaggers can't stand the notion that anyone would mock them and not take their movement as seriously as they have deluded themselves into thinking it is.

At any rate, I use the term "teabaggers" as much as possible and the teabaggers hurl insults at me. I could give a shit about their insults. Obviously, their continued hypersensitivity over the term "teabagger" means the same can't be said about them.

So don't let the teabaggers get you down.

:lol: Try reading what was actually written. No one will listen to or take a poster seriously when they go around using the 'tea bagger' term. No one is insulted - after all, the Tea Partiers did coin the term themselves. But the Tea Partiers took the term from a historical perspective; the loons on the left are the ones that decided to bring up the sexual meaning of it as an lame attempt to just dismiss the entire Tea movement. Just an FYI, that attempt is a fail.

Case in point.

Last edited:

It might have been a better for the teabaggers to ignore the focus on the term. It would have died off sooner.

It might have been better for the left to ignore the sexual meaning of the term to try to use it as a way to dismiss the Tea Partiers.

Look, I have said this before. One use of the word "Tea Bagger" has a negative and insulting connotation. Many words have multiple meanings and connotation. Tea Bagger is one of them. The words are in mainstream media usage.

Any media outlet which uses that term, without parenthetical quote, is a biased source with nothing of significance to add to the national discussion, but rather... a political agenda of its own. If you're getting your news from people whose intent is to insult and inflame, you're being manipulated.

I am not a fan of Bill Maher, the utube was sent to me by someone who is. In describing this group, I am on this occaision in complete agreement with Bill Maher. Personally, I think Tea Baggers are a threat to our American Freedom, especially after the life threat against CNN's Anderson Cooper. For Christ sake their own people are walking around with tea bags hanging from their own hats. Tea Baggers need to get it together.

Bill Maher is an asshole whose intolerance for the religious and political beliefs of other people has made him a laughingstock.

In a free country, people are ALLOWED to walk around with tea bags on their head. In the United States, people are free to speak their opinion and to assemble together to speak their opinion.

I'm trying to be patient with you because you appear to be a young man, but the bottom line here is that the intent by people like Bill Maher is to intimidate through ridicule. IOW, he, and others like him, are attempting to stifle those 1st Amendment rights because he disagrees with a view which opposes his own.

What does that tell you? :eusa_eh:

What it should be telling you is that underneath it all... the guy is a fascist who doesn't really respect the 1st Amendment. Say what you will about G.W. Bush... but the guy took an incredible amount of criticism and ridicule and his routine response was that he was just glad we live in a country where people can speak freely.

Now, it's true that insults are bandied back and forth from one side to the other, and that almost everyone engages in them. But when you start using words of such a perverse sexual nature that you'd hesitate to explain their definitions to your great-grandma or your pastor... then you've left the solid ground of traditional political discourse.

Your intent at that point is NOT discussion, or even opinion, but merely to inflame and incite. What that means, essentially, is that your argument or point doesn't have enough weight to stand on its own.

No one cares if you're "irritated by the subject". YOU brought it up.
The lesson to take is that when you CHOOSE to roll in the muck... you're gonna get dirty.

There is nothing innately racist about the Tea Party movement. The chief complaint of Tea Party protesters is reckless government spending and government intrusion. That's got nothing to do with race.

It's not difficult to get better information than what you're getting from the likes of Bill Maher. Open your mind and make Google your friend. Take yourself down to the library and READ some history from the revolutionary era. Get the truth right from the founders. Understand WHY they designed the democratic republic for us that they did.

Ding Ding Ding. And Limbaugh has no room to complain about it. Neither does Hannity or Beck or Coulter. Don't throw the punch if you can't take a hit.

I'd still rather take the high road on this, but I have to say that some of the folks here that get worked up over this issue have zero room to talk based on how they've treated/mocked/belittled those they've disagreed with.

Payback said:
Porter: Who makes the decisions?
Carter: Well, a committee would make the decision in this case...
Porter: One man... you go high enough you always come to one man... who?

In short, that's either BS, as Mel here would agree, or its a disaster waiting to happen. Leaderless mobs always turn out badly.

Forum List

Back