Does the political definition of a "Teabagger" have to do with the sexual definition?

Does the political definition of a "Tea Bagger" have to do with the sexual definition?

Here are some definitions from Google.

Tea Party protests - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

10 Lessons for Tea Baggers | Crooks and Liars

the New American Tea Bag Party: Tax Protest for Busy People

Andy Borowitz: Teabaggers Finally Google 'Teabag'

When I use the phrase "Tea Bagger," I do not mean an insult with the sexual definition, I am referring to the political definition. My words are and have been political banter, not a personal, disgusting sexual insult.

To be blunt, you're a lying sack of shit, and you're not fooling anyone.

I think whiners is more appropriate.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/114689-america-the-land-of-the-dumb.html

"Lastly and most importantly, I think the Tea Baggers are really our canary in the mine that we are entering our late empire period. Crisis and decline in such situations does not lead to discrediting the failed ideologies that caused the given crisis, but rather the belief that we are failing because we where not faithful enough to those ideals. (Think of the crisis in Islamic world and the rise of fundamentalism.)" Joe Bageant: Tea Baggers are our canary in the coal mine

I think whiners is more appropriate.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/114689-america-the-land-of-the-dumb.html

"Lastly and most importantly, I think the Tea Baggers are really our canary in the mine that we are entering our late empire period. Crisis and decline in such situations does not lead to discrediting the failed ideologies that caused the given crisis, but rather the belief that we are failing because we where not faithful enough to those ideals. (Think of the crisis in Islamic world and the rise of fundamentalism.)" Joe Bageant: Tea Baggers are our canary in the coal mine

Is it OK for a ****** to call someone a teabagger? Is there an irony in that at all?

Does the political definition of a "Tea Bagger" have to do with the sexual definition?

When I use the phrase "Tea Bagger," I do not mean an insult with the sexual definition, I am referring to the political definition. My words are and have been political banter, not a personal, disgusting sexual insult.

tea baggers are conservatives

for the past 20 years conservatives have been calling people like me....

liberNAZI
demoNAZI
democRAT
DEMONcRAT
scum
scumbag
communist
facist
nazi
moron
loon

so
pardon me if I fart on the whining of cons who demand respect for their beliefs

seems to me that these conservatives who demand the right to insult the rest of us to their hearts content can't take it as well as they dish it out

Have any elected officials or CNN commentators used those phrases? Has the president of the United States? :eusa_whistle:

I doubt the intent matters much anymore. I think they've mostly become immune to perceived insults, and some even gain more strength and determination.

Personally, I see it as a Yankee Doodle type of thing. Originally Yankee Doodle was an insult, but the Americans took it as a badge of pride.

If someone is calling you a Teabagger because you go to Tea Parties, who cares? It means that on some level you've gotten to them, so aren't you winning?

Last edited:
seems to me that these conservatives who demand the right to insult the rest of us to their hearts content can't take it as well as they dish it out

I agree with this in principle, but at some point there has to be a group willing to take the high road or we all just end up in the mud.

I have intentionally let this thread run it's course because I did not want to be seen as "tainting the information." My first observation is that no one has come forth with a preferred term to replace "Tea Bagger."

Second, being a Tea Bagger is a matter of choice unlike being a member of a race or one's sexual orientation.

Third, why are some posters watching Bill Maher in the first place if they do not want to be offended. I believe you have to pay HBO to get Bill Maher. It makes no sense to me to pay money to be offended.

Forth, this is a message board, as one poster pointed out everyone dishes out slams for one reason or another. If you are going to dish it out, you are going to have to learn to take it. Otherwise, find another web site. USMB uses Tea Baggers to define a catagory for discussion.

TB really did little to defend themselves in this thread, I am not sold, and will continue to discuss their politics. When a new term besides "Tea Bagger" comes along in the mainstream media, I'll use it. So, please enough with the threats.

The most compelling thing to me is photos like the one below where members of this group display actual T bags as a part of their protest. If your own people are sporting T bags, you should be bringing this matter up with your own group instead of attacking those who use what is becoming a mainstream phrase.

teabagger-on-fox2.jpg

Last edited:
Found this utube in my email. Got to go along with the replacement name Bill Maher has instead of "Tea Bagger," it is "racist sore looser." Teabaggers, it is America Love it or Leave it for you guys. When you hear that from an independent voter like me, you have a serious problem. Bill Maher can be extreme, but in this case I think he hit the nail right on the head.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4OnDXkvGZ8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4OnDXkvGZ8[/ame]

Last edited:
Found this utube in my email. Got to go along with the replacement name Bill Maher has instead of "Tea Bagger," it is "racist sore looser." Teabaggers, it is America Love it or Leave it for you guys. When you hear that from an independent voter like me, you have a serious problem. Bill Maher can be extreme, but in this case I think he hit the nail right on the head.

YouTube - Bill Maher as a Tea Bagger

Were you really being sincere when you said that you didn't use the term as an insult?? Because it sounds like you have quite a bit of contempt for those in the TPM.

I suppose you can call people teabaggers and say you don't mean it in a bad way, and I'll call you a buttfucker and I won't mean it in a bad way either. It's just a descriptive term.

you may not asswipe but thanks to madcow and nottoomuchofaman most of the left sneeringly do.

Found this utube in my email. Got to go along with the replacement name Bill Maher has instead of "Tea Bagger," it is "racist sore loser." Teabaggers, it is America Love it or Leave it for you guys. When you hear that from an independent voter like me, you have a serious problem. Bill Maher can be extreme, but in this case I think he hit the nail right on the head.

Were you really being sincere when you said that you didn't use the term as an insult?? Because it sounds like you have quite a bit of contempt for those in the TPM.

Thank you for this question. For the insult I am sorry that the phrase "Tea Bagger" has a negative meaning. Personally, I think the political meaning is worse than the sexual meaning. I will go along with Bill Maher that the Tea Party Movement is nothing more than a group of "racist sore losers." Frankly, I think they pose a threat to the U. S. Constitution and Bill of Rights. They should bend dealt with accordingly, - which includes in the case of Anderson Cooper, considering their threats acts of terrorism. In this case Bill Maher says it way better than I can, (see utube above).

Found this utube in my email. Got to go along with the replacement name Bill Maher has instead of "Tea Bagger," it is "racist sore loser." Teabaggers, it is America Love it or Leave it for you guys. When you hear that from an independent voter like me, you have a serious problem. Bill Maher can be extreme, but in this case I think he hit the nail right on the head.

Thank you for this question. For the insult I am sorry that the phrase "Tea Bagger" has a negative meaning. Personally, I think the political meaning is worse than the sexual meaning. I will go along with Bill Maher that the Tea Party Movement is nothing more than a group of "racist sore losers." Frankly, I think they pose a threat to the U. S. Constitution and Bill of Rights. They should bend dealt with accordingly, - which includes in the case of Anderson Cooper, considering their threats acts of terrorism. In this case Bill Maher says it way better than I can, (see utube above).

you izz related to MODMORON izzn't ewe?

Just as much as your name refers to Bill Clinton.

Non sequitur
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A non sequitur (pronounced /ˌnɒnˈsɛkwɨtər/) is a conversational and literary device. It is a comment which, due to its apparent lack of meaning relative to what it follows, seems absurd to the point of being confusing, as in the following exchange:

Q: How many surrealists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Fish.

The use of non sequitur can be deliberate or unintentional. Literally, the expression is Latin for "it does not follow.

I have been about as gracious as I plan to be on this Tea Bagger business. Clearly, they are a band of racist sore losers who have become a threat to this country. At least they have been to Anderson Cooper.

anderson-cooper-360.jpg

Last edited:
Well, if it doesn't refer to Bubbah, then Stainmaster must have something to do with the skid marks on your undies.

Well, if it doesn't refer to Bubbah, then Stainmaster must have something to do with the skid marks on your undies.

This from the people who are making a big deal out of being called "Tea Baggers?" I rest my case, USMB is a POLITICAL MESSAGE BOARD. If you can't take the heat stay out of the set up!

skid_marks.jpg

Are we expecting another discussion about the connotation and denotation of "skid marks?"

Last edited:
Continue to think that if it give you comfort, SkidMarks. You just look like an idiot with a Tourettes-OCD fetish for sweaty male balls with your constant repetition of The Vulgarity.

Continue to think that if it give you comfort, SkidMarks. You just look like an idiot with a Tourettes-OCD fetish for sweaty male balls with your constant repetition of The Vulgarity.

Ahhh, and there is more, a bonus if you will! I am just burning up with Tea Bagger rage!:rofl:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back