DOES RACE MATTER? Pole

C

Cousin Vinnie

Do you think that race and ethnic origin matter in this country?
(as in that it matters to the gov't, to employers, to the media, etc.--not "should it" matter, "does" it matter presently?)

Vote:

-Yes
-No

Originally posted by Cousin Vinnie
Do you think that race and ethnic origin matter in this country?
(as in that it matters to the gov't, to employers, to the media, etc.--not "should it" matter, "does" it matter presently?)

Vote:

-Yes
-No

Kind of a rediculous question since we all know that affirmative action laws exist.

*POLE

pole.w1516.jpg

*POLL

poll.gif

;)

:D

Originally posted by NewGuy
:D You spelled "poll" wrong.

Originally posted by NewGuy
Kind of a rediculous question since we all know that affirmative action laws exist.

*ridiculous

;)

[edit] You could have left the word 'that' out, btw. :)

Originally posted by Cousin Vinnie
my bad

Don't sweat it.

Of COURSE race matters. I've seen promotion boards in the Army where "We need to promote 3 Hispanic Women" to the rank of Sergeant First Class. All others who are qualified and eligable won't be considered.

Drumroll for my answer...

I can't stand the anticipation...

Hand me the envelope, please...

Yes. Race matters. Race matters for many reasons, from genetic to social and everything in between. Racial groups differ in intelligence and behavior. This has consequences for a society in which it is insisted that we are all equal. Racial groups tend to be loyal within the group, and less loyal outside the group. This has consequences for a society in which it is presumed that everyone is equally loyal to everyone else. For good information on this, read Tatu Vanhanen's book on ethnic nepotism. http://theoccidentalquarterly.com/vol2no4/lra-vanhanen.html The bottom line is that the modern, democratic, one-man-one-vote Western society was built to accommodate a single race. In its case, the white race. Try to run that sucker with multiple races, and it's like jammin' orange juice into the gas tank of a Mercedes.

That would depend on the person. if you are like me and think we should judge people by their character and actions rather than skin color, youd be like me and couldnt care less about race. If you arent and focus on race all the time, then it probably does matter to you.

That would depend on the person.

A misconception, I believe. Everyone wants to fetishize the individual and ignore the reality of the group. The awful truth is that both individuals and groups are powerful social forces and we can watch them at work. And take notes. Yes, children, blacks, as a group, are more likely to commit crime and be dumb. That makes policies that take that into account morally justified.

Originally posted by William Joyce
A misconception, I believe. Everyone wants to fetishize the individual and ignore the reality of the group. The awful truth is that both individuals and groups are powerful social forces and we can watch them at work. And take notes. Yes, children, blacks, as a group, are more likely to commit crime and be dumb. That makes policies that take that into account morally justified.

Your group dynamic is true, and points to your opposition in winning the argument.

Look at ANY group. -Govt, church, company, social group, etc.

The bigger the group, the more power and money get abused.

Since your own theory invalidates your argument of race being the issue, that ends that, doesn't it?

New Topics

Forum List

Back