Does Obama represent the will of the people

I think OL'BO supports his agenda. Period.

The Dems passed Obamacare in the teeth of the American people. They shoved this clusterfuck down our throats despite the fact that the Majority of Americans opposed it.

They were not concerned with what America wanted. They were only concerned with what they wanted. We, apparantly, are dumb as dirt in their eyes.

The Dems payed a price in the 2010 elections. I sure hope they pay it again in 2012.

Ditto on his stimulus package. If its gonna stimulate it better get crackin. 2012 is right around the corner.

I do however give him kudos for calling the strike on OBL. I didn't think he would have the balls to do it but he surprised me. Of course the CIA and the SEALS did the work but he called for the strike.

To me thats the only high point of his presidencey so far.

Last edited:
I have found sense starting to monitor this message board is when the left lost Bush to hate, they lost the ability to debate the issues
all I have done here was ask a question and have yet to get one response

Can someone please translate the above into English?

kthxbye.

I have found sense starting to monitor this message board is when the left lost Bush to hate, they lost the ability to debate the issues

Can someone please translate the above into English?

kthxbye.

can someone translate that in English?
Your a funny guy
Have a good day

Does Obama support the will of the people
I say no
from OBL pictures to Obama-care to his failed job stimulus

Yes it is very difficult to debate with ones own strawman.

You have once again changed goals. The original question and title of the thread is "Does Obama Represent the Will of the People". To which many people said yes based on the election results in 2008 he most certianly represented the will of the country/people in Nov. 2008.

Now you want to change a word and ask: "Does Obama Support the Will of the people"

To answer that don't you need to be a little more specific. For example it was the will of the people to kill or capture OBL. So in that instance yes, the President supports the will of the people. Health care reform. Most people were for health care reform. So in passing the new legislation he was also supporting the will of the people. In retrospect however if you consider the will of the people to be represented by public opinion polls then perhaps you don't think the President support the will of the people.

I say no

You have once again changed goals. The original question and title of the thread is "Does Obama Represent the Will of the People". To which many people said yes based on the election results in 2008 he most certianly represented the will of the country/people in Nov. 2008.

Now you want to change word and ask: "Does Obama Support the Will of the people"

To answer that don't you need to be a little more specific. For example it was the will of the people to kill or capture OBL. So in that instance yes, the President supports the will of the people. Health care reform. Most people were for health care reform. So in passing the new legislation he was also supporting the will of the people. In retrospect however if you consider the will of the people to be represented by public opinion polls then perhaps you don't think the President support the will of the people.

specific?
Health care reform or Obama-care?
that is exactly the question
New CNN Poll: 59% Oppose Obamacare | The Foundry
thats a CNN poll

oh yea lets add the way we are going to pay for it
ObamaCare’s Fuzzy Math.

Everyone knew that the Obama Administration was cooking the books,

But now the White House is on record admitting to the lie.

Health and Human Services Director Kathleen Sebelius testified before the House,

That ObamaCare counts $500 billion of Medicare as both savings and funding.

“There is an issue here on the budget because your own actuary has said you can’t double-count,” said Shimkus. “You can’t count — they’re attacking Medicare on the CR when their bill, your law, cut $500 billion from Medicare.”

He continued: “Then you’re also using the same $500 billion to what? Say your funding health care. Your own actuary says you can’t do both. […] What’s the $500 billion in cuts for? Preserving Medicare or funding the health-care law?’

Sebelius’ reply? “Both.”
Sebelius Admits WH Double Counted Medicare Cuts in ObamaCare | Red Dog Report | Red Dog Report

Specific?
Stimulus for the people or "never let a crises go to waste"
pre stimulus poll
Poll: Solid support for Obama's economic plan - Politics - White House - msnbc.com
post stimulus
Poll: 57% don't see stimulus working - USATODAY.com

See its just information
If the peoples will was followed would we be dealing with health-care reform?
yes
the way Obama did?
no
did we need a job stimulus?
yes
slush fund?
no
The will of the people does not want us owning any car companies
do we ?
yes
and dont try to tell me thats been paid back
GM borrowed with GMAC 72 billion dollars and we have about 12 billion been paid back
GM Bailout Payback Lie
WASHINGTON — The Treasury Department has decided to bail out GMAC, the former financing arm of General Motors, with $7.5 billion, according to people familiar with the discussions, which would bring its total federal assistance to more than $12 billion.

Treasury Is Said to Plan Second Bailout for GMAC - NYTimes.com

Treasury gets $11.7 billion from GM stock sale - Yahoo! Finance

I say no

Now you want to change word and ask: "Does Obama Support the Will of the people"

specific?
thats a CNN poll

ObamaCare’s Fuzzy Math.

Health and Human Services Director Kathleen Sebelius testified before the House,

“There is an issue here on the budget because your own actuary has said you can’t double-count,” said Shimkus. “You can’t count — they’re attacking Medicare on the CR when their bill, your law, cut $500 billion from Medicare.”

He continued: “Then you’re also using the same $500 billion to what? Say your funding health care. Your own actuary says you can’t do both. […] What’s the $500 billion in cuts for? Preserving Medicare or funding the health-care law?’

Sebelius’ reply? “Both.”
Sebelius Admits WH Double Counted Medicare Cuts in ObamaCare | Red Dog Report | Red Dog Report

Specific?
pre stimulus poll
Poll: Solid support for Obama's economic plan - Politics - White House - msnbc.com
post stimulus

See its just information
yes
the way Obama did?
no
yes
slush fund?
no
do we ?
yes
GM borrowed with GMAC 72 billion dollars and we have about 12 billion been paid back
GM Bailout Payback Lie
WASHINGTON — The Treasury Department has decided to bail out GMAC, the former financing arm of General Motors, with $7.5 billion, according to people familiar with the discussions, which would bring its total federal assistance to more than $12 billion.

Can you accept that many people veiw the election in 2008 as the will of the people?

Why did you change the wording of your question?

Healthcare reform is what I wrote.

You simply see public opinion polls (many after the fact) as the will of the people. I don't.

specific?
thats a CNN poll

ObamaCare’s Fuzzy Math.

Sebelius’ reply? “Both.”

Specific?
pre stimulus poll
post stimulus

See its just information
yes
the way Obama did?
no
yes
slush fund?
no
do we ?
yes
GM Bailout Payback Lie

Can you accept that many people veiw the election in 2008 as the will of the people?

You simply see public opinion polls (many after the fact) as the will of the people. I don't.

I know that the will of the people elected Obama in 2008. After 8 years of Bush lied and people died, it was all Bushes fault
Hell I was ready for change. I thought all of the lying and spamming by the media about events and history that was totally re wrote would stop

Boy was I wrong, and so where so many people who voted for Obama
The rhetoric has never been worse
the lying has never went to the level it is now.

Obama is not my enemy, he is our president.
what boggles the mind is the level of denial you libs have. If W had ever went to the level Obama has, I would have done my best to have him beat in 2004
Thats the truth

Look Boo the people are tired of it. BHO has done nothing that could be remotely seen as helping the working man
He has sold our future healthcare needs to a bill that was never debated in public, has a 500 billion dollar saving from Medicare and 10 years of tax revenue to pay for 7 so it could be called deficit neutral
Thats the will of the people?

specific?
thats a CNN poll

ObamaCare’s Fuzzy Math.

Sebelius’ reply? “Both.”

Specific?
pre stimulus poll
post stimulus

See its just information
yes
the way Obama did?
no
yes
slush fund?
no
do we ?
yes
GM Bailout Payback Lie

I know that the will of the people elected Obama in 2008. After 8 years of Bush lied and people died, it was all Bushes fault
Hell I was ready for change. I thought all of the lying and spamming by the media about events and history that was totally re wrote would stop

what boggles the mind is the level of denial you libs have. If W had ever went to the level Obama has, I would have done my best to have him beat in 2004
Thats the truth

Look Boo the people are tired of it. BHO has done nothing that could be remotely seen as helping the working man
He has sold our future healthcare needs to a bill that was never debated in public, has a 500 billion dollar saving from Medicare and 10 years of tax revenue to pay for 7 so it could be called deficit neutral

That's all I really wanted to know.

The rest is your opinion and you are welcome to it.

Thats the truth

That's all I really wanted to know.

The rest is your opinion and you are welcome to it.

Boo what I do not understand is the man has done nothing for the liberal either
Clinton s tax rate
Single payer health care
If I was a liberal I would be just as ready for a change as I am
Obama, Pelosi and Reid did nothing but spend lots of money and we are in worse shape now than we where in 08

Forum List

Back