Does Obama read the tea leaves? Promises to work with GOP if reelected

He has always tried to work with them but they have refused. That won't change because Rs work for Big Money.

No matter who wins, Rs will continue to obstruct jobs and economic growth because it doesn't help Big Money.

Kochs, Adelson and other Super Pac money don't need American jobs to prosper. Bush's Brain certainly doesn't either.

If Mittens buys this election, it will be business as usual - lushbo running things while Boehner plays golf and guzzles scotch.

And the middle class becomes the working poor.

Dodgy source, but if he said this then he's a damn fool. The GOP will just obstruct him at every turn again and then blame it all on him as he leaves office.

I highly doubt he'd be this naive again and besides, the 1st term was supposed to be the term to try this and he did that. If he wins a 2nd term, then he won't have the pressure of re-election to worry about so if he has the power, he'd probably try to use it as much as possible. Working with the GOP would not be included in that.

Dodgy source, but if he said this then he's a damn fool. The GOP will just obstruct him at every turn again and then blame it all on him as he leaves office.

I highly doubt he'd be this naive again and besides, the 1st term was supposed to be the term to try this and he did that. If he wins a 2nd term, then he won't have the pressure of re-election to worry about so if he has the power, he'd probably try to use it as much as possible. Working with the GOP would not be included in that.

The question is, do the grownups take control of the GOP again.

If Romney is rejected, then that will be a clear message that appeasing the Teabaggers was a pretty bad idea. It might encourage the grownups to take charge again.

On the day of President Obama's inauguration, Republicans were miles away at a dinner...plotting how to oppose the President. The President should be saying FUCK YOU to the GOP.
You do know the GOP is under no obligation to rubber-stamp Obama's agenda, right?

Right?

You do know that when Obama wins reelection, there will be no impediment for Republicans to act in the best interest of the American people.
You do know that the GOP views opposition to Obama's policies as being in the best interest of the American people, don't you?

What, you really think they like his ideas -- they just don't like him because he's black? Are you really that stupid?

The Lonely Conservative?? That figures. President Obama has tried to compromise since he first took office and it has done him no good. So I doubt that he said he promises to START trying to compromise. What crap.

I wish he would forget trying to compromise at all. But he probably will continue trying because he's honorable. He should tell the GOP to go to hell.
Obama's idea of compromise:

"STFU and do what I tell you. I won."

The Lonely Conservative?? That figures. President Obama has tried to compromise since he first took office and it has done him no good. So I doubt that he said he promises to START trying to compromise. What crap.

I wish he would forget trying to compromise at all. But he probably will continue trying because he's honorable. He should tell the GOP to go to hell.

He did win and he will win reelection, with ease.

sorry, to late for you, promise already kept.

lets see here. The dems/obama admin. have bent over backwards to reach across the isle, I will list examples is you try to argue that fact. The problem is the Republicans DO NOT, they fight at EVERY turn against ANYTHING that comes out of the obama camp even it if is an idea THEY came up with, I can also back this up, as well as give you links to direct quotes from repubs like mitchy. so come on grandpa lets rumble

Do you have a pet conspiracy their picked out and on deck for when he loses?

What are you going to blame it on? Because you damn sure won't accept "The American people rejected his failed policies" as a reason.

Me, I think you're going to go with your usual, tired, one-note song:

"They're all RACIST!!!"

What are you going to blame it on? Because you damn sure won't accept "The American people rejected his failed policies" as a reason.

"They're all RACIST!!!"

I won't blame it on anything, because Romney is going to lose. I never said all white people are racist, I said white conservatives are racist. I'm racist and proud of it.

Stupid insults, idiot talking points, and pure irrelevancies. Yup, classic Pub dupe.

"No compromise, un-American GOP" (TIME)

President, January 20th....

Refused to allow any input by Republicans, January 22 (revealed by Politico, January 23)!

"He tried to compromise with Republicans": proven false!
QED.

Stupid insults, idiot talking points, and pure irrelevancies. Yup, classic Pub dupe.

"No compromise, un-American GOP" (TIME)

President, January 20th....

Refused to allow any input by Republicans, January 22 (revealed by Politico, January 23)!

"He tried to compromise with Republicans": proven false!
QED.

He sure does know how to compromise, "Elections have consequense Paul, and I won", yup, he sure do!!

"They're all RACIST!!!"

I won't blame it on anything, because Romney is going to lose. I never said all white people are racist, I said white conservatives are racist. I'm racist and proud of it.
Yes, you're a fucking idiot, all right.

But don't worry: White leftists will never condemn you for your racism. They've been trained well -- just like you have.

As usual, RinTinTin....you couldn't be more misinformed.

"President Obama listened to Republican gripes about his stimulus package during a meeting with congressional leaders Friday morning - but he also left no doubt about who's in charge of these negotiations. "I won," Obama noted matter-of-factly, according to sources familiar with the conversation."
Obama to GOP: 'I won' - Jonathan Martin and Carol E. Lee - POLITICO.com

Sound like 'compromise' to you?

This was after he had tried to accommodate them over and over again. You know that.

Keep trying to insult me. It's how I know I get to you and that my posts piss you off. You are so transparent. Political Chic, indeed. :lol:

This is only fun, Rinty, when someone bites it big time....

...that's were you come in!

"This was after he had tried to accommodate them over and over again. You know that."

Funny!!!

Wait 'til you learn how to use a calendar....and then even you will see how very funny this is!!!

Watch:

1. Obama was immaculated....er, inaugurated January 20, 2009!!!

Go ahead...check: I'll wait.

2. "This was after he had tried to accommodate them over and over again. You know that."

Really?

".... tried to accommodate them over and over again. "

Reallly, really???
He must have done it pretty quickly,eh?

3. Check the date of the Politico article of Obama refusing to allow any Republican input: It was January 23, 2009!!!!
"By JONATHAN MARTIN & CAROL E. LEE | 1/23/09 1:25 PM EDT"

Between January 20 and January 23...Obama: the Rapid Accommodater!!!
And not just over, but "...over and over..."

Bet you thought I'd run out of ways to humiliate you, huh?

Nope....I'm here to help you achieve your comic potential!!!
You are as burned as Edgar Winter on an Ecuadorian beach!

Here are the two things you must remember:
never write a post as dumb as this again, and
Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night!

You're wrong. President Obama tried too hard to work with Republicans despite knowing all they wanted to do was take him down. The GOP is now run by a totally different breed and they care only about the party. Not us.

No matter how much you run your acid tongue and try to act big and bad, to fool everyone into thinking you have a brain, you are just a bullying blowhard.

You do know the GOP is under no obligation to rubber-stamp Obama's agenda, right?

Right?

You do know that when Obama wins reelection, there will be no impediment for Republicans to act in the best interest of the American people.
You do know that the GOP views opposition to Obama's policies as being in the best interest of the American people, don't you?

What, you really think they like his ideas -- they just don't like him because he's black? Are you really that stupid?

When did they ever listen to his ideas?? Why do you people ignore their little meeting on inauguration day, as well as Mitch McConnell's statement about making Obama a one term president??

This was after he had tried to accommodate them over and over again. You know that.

Keep trying to insult me. It's how I know I get to you and that my posts piss you off. You are so transparent. Political Chic, indeed. :lol:

"This was after he had tried to accommodate them over and over again. You know that."

Funny!!!

Wait 'til you learn how to use a calendar....and then even you will see how very funny this is!!!

Watch:

2. "This was after he had tried to accommodate them over and over again. You know that."

Really?

Reallly, really???

3. Check the date of the Politico article of Obama refusing to allow any Republican input: It was January 23, 2009!!!!

Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night!

You're wrong. President Obama tried too hard to work with Republicans despite knowing all they wanted to do was take him down. The GOP is now run by a totally different breed and they care only about the party. Not us.

No matter how much you run your acid tongue and try to act big and bad, to fool everyone into thinking you have a brain, you are just a bullying blowhard.

He never tried at all.
The dates that I've documented and the link prove that.

Actually....your blind support of this empty suit would be far better served if you claimed that his solutions were so very brilliant that any compromise or hesitation would have been disastrous!

Of course, I'd rip that argument up as well.

No...the best you could do is to write this down and have it notarized:
"I, Rin-Tin-Tin, long ago gave up any attempts to think for myself, or even judge the veracity of any claim made by my Democrat handlers....
...I simply support anything they say or do.
signed....me-too, er...Rin-Tin-Tin."

Within 12 hours of Obama's inaugaration, Pubs met and decided on total obstruction, even on a Pub health plan. Pffft!

Kudos and congratulations!!!

Post #69!!!

Your most insightful, most pithy post you've ever penned!!!

You must be exhausted.

Interesting isn't it, how Nancy Pelosi wouldn't allow the Congressional leaders the opportunity to go home and talk to their constituents about Obamacare? The problem that she had wasn't Republicans, but getting "blue dog" Democrats to go along with the deal. Promising them certain earmark benefits for their state, they didn't care whether the American people really wanted it or not. Pelosi had Congress bogged down for a year, even made threats on their re-election, whatever it took until all the votes lined up. Interesting how that kind of concern was never there for the economy and jobs . . . . you know the REAL Hope and Change people were promised? That small "three" letter word, as Biden so clearly put it? Looks like those stuck on the unemployment lines for over 26 weeks got to see they were sold on nothing but a fancy "bupper sticker" slogan.

Now on his re-election year he alll of a sudden shows "compassion" and pushes for free contraception, immigration status, all while telling Americans the "rich man" is at fault - we should tax them . . . any side show that will give him the votes he needs> Obama knows he is screwed with this economy, he is just hoping those people struggling to pay their bills, will be gullible enough to forget how they got shafted out of a job for "politics" and "liberal ideology".

sorry, to late for you, promise already kept.

lets see here. The dems/obama admin. have bent over backwards to reach across the isle, I will list examples is you try to argue that fact. The problem is the Republicans DO NOT, they fight at EVERY turn against ANYTHING that comes out of the obama camp even it if is an idea THEY came up with, I can also back this up, as well as give you links to direct quotes from repubs like mitchy. so come on grandpa lets rumble

:lmao: Captain oblivious.....

Funny!!!

Watch:

Really?

Reallly, really???

He never tried at all.
The dates that I've documented and the link prove that.

Actually....your blind support of this empty suit would be far better served if you claimed that his solutions were so very brilliant that any compromise or hesitation would have been disastrous!

Of course, I'd rip that argument up as well.

No...the best you could do is to write this down and have it notarized:
"I, Rin-Tin-Tin, long ago gave up any attempts to think for myself, or even judge the veracity of any claim made by my Democrat handlers....
...I simply support anything they say or do.
signed....me-too, er...Rin-Tin-Tin."

You really need to grow up. I have already posted like 5 links of uncooperative behavior by Republicans. I can post a lot more. What for?? So you can sing childish songs and name call?? You do not rip up anyone's argument, little girl. As I have told you before, get over yourself.

Forum List

Back