Does Obama have a "real" jobs plan or just more govt spending?

Is Obamas plan for jobs going to be.....

• Total voters
Excellent question, GM.

A stimulus response can work to revive this economy, but of course it actually needs to include real live new jobs and not just "shovel ready" projects that would have been done anyway.

Per usual I will note that tax cuts or tax increases won't do anything to change the employment picture.

Industries will hire more people when they see that the economy can absorb the new products, and not before.

Chris Matthews had a great idea. Bundle up all the "real" public works projects into one big bill..and make it mandatory to spend all funding on those projects. These would be projects that for the most part have been requested by representatives for their districts.

The "problem" with the last stimulus package was that it was to small, was specific about where the money went..and a good amount of it was in tax cuts.

Too small?

Damn I had a idea you were stupid but now, I'm convinced.

They still haven't spent all the money from the stimulus and you clowns are saying it should have been more.

I can't believe that he hasn't released the details of his plan to the public. If he really had a legit plan wouldn't he want it known now so the public has time to put pressure on their congressmen while they are home visiting the people they represent?

On the contrary, I don't think his plan is anything more than stimulus and taxes. Neither of which will work any better than his last failed stimulus. This man is completely clueless.

I think he has a plan to have a plan........kind of like when my wife asks me to clean out the garage. I really do intend to get around to it......someday......for the last 10 years.

Well a "new idea" could be

A permanent tax cut or tax break for corporations that close shops overseas and bring jobs here.

Close all loopholes for BIG business and use said money for tax breaks for new full time hires.

Freeze tax rates at current levels for the next 5 years.

These I like alot. :clap2:

As long as new hires are domestic and the freeze is given to shops that promote the domestic economy.

Yep a question there. He may have a jobs plan that involves more spending. I however doubt it will fly thru congress.
And keep in mind that Obama is an extension of the Bush admin.

Well since Bush was a moran and Obama is the smartest president ever in the whole history of the world, you'd think he'd know better than to amplify Bush 10 fold wouldn't you?

I can't believe that he hasn't released the details of his plan to the public. If he really had a legit plan wouldn't he want it known now so the public has time to put pressure on their congressmen while they are home visiting the people they represent?

On the contrary, I don't think his plan is anything more than stimulus and taxes. Neither of which will work any better than his last failed stimulus. This man is completely clueless.

I think he has a plan to have a plan........kind of like when my wife asks me to clean out the garage. I really do intend to get around to it......someday......for the last 10 years.

:lol:

Good one.

Excellent question, GM.

A stimulus response can work to revive this economy, but of course it actually needs to include real live new jobs and not just "shovel ready" projects that would have been done anyway.

Per usual I will note that tax cuts or tax increases won't do anything to change the employment picture.

Industries will hire more people when they see that the economy can absorb the new products, and not before.

How much stimulus would youlike to see? 1 trillion? 2 trillion?

What if you gave every adult American 1 million dollars, that would be about what 300 million? Would that stimulate the economy?

Be a hell of a lot more than 300 million
100million X 300million

The best thing the governmeant could do is what Reagan did. Charles Krauthammer has mentioned this several times. We do away with all loopholes and dedutions and cut tax rates across the board.

Govt jobs a lot of times are a complete waste of our tax dollars. Here where I live they are repaving all the streets in our neighborhood. Thing is, there was nothing wrong with them to begin with. Likewise, they are digging up perfectly good sidewalks just to widen them.

There is a tremendous amount of waste in so called govt jobs.

That would be a real way to cut spending.

Get rid of waste and fraud. Incorporate proper audits.

you know...we all gotta laugh about that.

Our congress sits in the freaking hall arguing about whetrher or not cutting waste and fraud should be included un a deal...

I mean.....huh?

They know it is there and the only way they will try to eliminate it is if it is part of some freaking deal?

That 500 billion in medicare fraud...been hearing about it since the healthcare debate.....
I mean.......

why didnt one of our asshole congresspeople stand up and say.....

I got an idea....while you guys are spending the next 6 months debating the healthcare bill, I am going to make a call to an accounting firm and have them start eliminating that fraud and waste.

Instead?

Its still there and being used as a negotiating item.

I mean.....wtf????????

Just like the last time. All those shovel ready jobs.. Next it will be some other job that just waiting to be filled that doesnt really exist

A permanent tax cut or tax break for corporations that close shops overseas and bring jobs here.

Close all loopholes for BIG business and use said money for tax breaks for new full time hires.

These I like alot. :clap2:

As long as new hires are domestic and the freeze is given to shops that promote the domestic economy.

Someone shoot me.....

I agree with Salllow.

I know his plan.....

He is going to hire people to take apart his new Bus and put it back together.

But this time...they will ALL be American...no Canadians.

Jobs Jobs Jobs

We have to wait for it to pass before we know what's in it.

your mistake was allowing your wife to know you had a garage.

When my wife asks me where that door leads to, I tell her it leads to my mothers house.
So she never opens it.

Reconsider new EPA regulations.

Instead of giving out endless unemployment checks when you reach a certain point all future money is only good for retraining programs.

These are just a couple off the top of my head that would be considered "new ideas" that congress could debate. If I can come up with ideas on the spot why can't Obama?

"A permanent tax cut or tax break for corporations that close shops overseas and bring jobs here."

That's the only idea from your list that has a chance of helping. It's still a much weaker option than the government simply hiring one million people and putting them to work.

wait...wait..I got it....I know what his jobs plan is....

Obama is going to announce that he will be campaigning for GOP candidates so they can retain the house and get the senate.

Instead of giving out endless unemployment checks when you reach a certain point all future money is only good for retraining programs.

These are just a couple off the top of my head that would be considered "new ideas" that congress could debate. If I can come up with ideas on the spot why can't Obama?

"A permanent tax cut or tax break for corporations that close shops overseas and bring jobs here."

That's the only idea from your list that has a chance of helping. It's still a much weaker option than the government simply hiring one million people and putting them to work.

Putting them to work to do what?

Putting them to work to do what?

Do you think they're picky about what they do?

What kills me is Obama has an opportunity to be a great president, not all Presidents have that option beating their door down...

If Obama wanted to restructure the tax code, make the US more competitive (tax wise) in the world and looked at the boarder problems as harmful to Healthcare/education and jobs as it has been proven to be thousands of times in near every country in the world... If Obama ended wars, torture and so on he could have been an amazing President but instead he decided to talk shit about Bush, divide the country as much as humanly possible, start new wars, continue every Bush policy, further dilute the tax code and sue states for trying to deal the harmful effects of mass illegal immigration.

The worst thing Obama has against him atm is time, could he “fix” things even if he started to chance polices now? Obama squandered his political capital just as Bush did…

It’s time for a real leader, Ron fucking Paul…

photo_1313005133565-1-0.jpg
'

Lose the AAA Credit Rating
Double Dip Recession
Record Misery
Yes, it feels good to be the most successful Progressive ever

Forum List

Back