Does New York's Governor Know How House Vacancies are Filled?

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
I suppose "solemn responsibility" could refer to her scheduling the special election, but I'm not sure what is solemn about that. It sounds more like she was of the opinion that she could fill the vacancy on her own, like an open Senate seat and Community Notes apparently had the same impression.

How long have you been following politics and this is what - the thousandth time a politician has made an unusual statement, and . . .

Good_Fellas - lies_deception_corruption.png

Last edited:
I suppose "solemn responsibility" could refer to her scheduling the special election, but I'm not sure what is solemn about that. It sounds more like she was of the opinion that she could fill the vacancy on her own, like an open Senate seat and Community Notes apparently had the same impression.

Democrats are great at installing dingbat female Governors. We have one in Arizona.

toobfreak

Michael_Stivic.png

She sets the date for the election. A bit of grandstanding. Stuffy and presumptuous. Typical politician.

Personally, I would have thrown him to the wolves (his constituents) and let them decide his fate next year.

Other users pointed out that Hochul may have been referring to her selecting the Democratic nominee in the special election.

Unlike normal races, there is no primary election for the seat, and Democratic and GOP party leaders will choose their candidates.

"The special election has no primary. Thus both parties nominate who they want to run," wrote another user. "Hence she has a say as to who will run on the Dem ticket."

As head of her party in NY she can help pick the dem's nominee for the special election.

Maybe she thinks he was a Senator.

It's a very simple process. Once notified by Congress. The gov. had 10 days to schedule a special election within 70 -80 days.

It's a very simple process. Once notified by Congress. The gov. had 10 days to schedule a special election within 70 -80 days.
And yet, still too complicated for the Dimwit Governor.

Nice way of pointing out that once again, high ranking people in government, especially democrats, know nothing of their own laws they swear to "solemnly support."

How these people even get elected is beyond me and can only be explained by assuming that our citizenry is mostly idiots.
How someone like John Fetterman gets elected is pretty obvious.

Forum List

Back