Zone1 Does Lack of Faith In Others Ever Cause Your Own Faith to Waiver?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
Just a question because I experienced this today for myself. :( Luckily it didn't last too long though, God is my best friend and I take Him with me wherever I go. :)

Nothing wrong with that, as long as you test everything against the scriptures.

He hasn't told me anything against scripture and sometimes uses scripture,.. but actually He spends more time just being my friend and helping me out in my life when I need it. It's just sometimes I doubt whether or not something is going to come true,.. but so far it has.

Not physic and He only tells me what I need to know when I need to hear it not when I want to. I just keep hearing a voice in my head every so often and I was starting to worry that I was going nuts. So was my fiancée, but not now. WAY too many things have happened to us that haven't been coincidences. Couldn't have. I have known things about people's pasts without them even telling me. That's another thing too, this spiritual gift helps others out as well as me and my own life.

Nope.

The day before my open heart surgery they asked me if I wanted to talk with a priest just before surgery. I told them no...I wouldn't send him away but my relationship with God is strong and all it would do is make me more nervous.

Others can do as they wish...My relationship with God is between He and I.

Why would a person of faith put his or her faith in other people, instead of God?

I'm just sayin;.
People of all faiths get hung up on the messenger rather than the message itself. It's quite common. Jesus Christ wanted the people to worship Father in Heaven and Judas worshipped Jesus as though he would end Roman tyranny and the message got lost to him. We worship the Father in the name of the Son, not the other way around.

Just a question because I experienced this today for myself. :( Luckily it didn't last too long though, God is my best friend and I take Him with me wherever I go. :)
In 1985, I had gone to work for a company that had a coworker very involved with Jimmy Swaggart. He left our company to go work for Swaggart. Six months later, he came back wagging his tail after the fall of Swaggart. He was never the same but learned a great lesson to put no trust in the arm of humans.

Nope.

The day before my open heart surgery they asked me if I wanted to talk with a priest just before surgery. I told them no...I wouldn't send him away but my relationship with God is strong and all it would do is make me more nervous.

Others can do as they wish...My relationship with God is between He and I.

Do you think it's crazy then to hear God speaking to you? I mean no matter how much I doubt Him He's there showing His love for me and helping me in any possible way and every possible way that He can and having me pass on His messages to others to help give them the same peace. He's not at all what a lot of people seem to think He is though. He's gentle, kind, and loving,.. until He feels that I need a firm grasp on reality that is and then He gives me an earful.

WAY too many things have happened to us that haven't been coincidences. Couldn't have. I have known things about people's pasts without them even telling me. That's another thing too, this spiritual gift helps others out as well as me and my own life.
Can you prove anything that has happened to you that doesn't have a natural explanation?

Can you tell me something you know about me that could prove your spiritual gift you claim to have?

Oh and my nicknames for God are DJ and The Deej (a current incarnation of Christ to blend in with today's time frame) because I made Him a story character after given His permission on the sole condition that I would show people what He's really like and bring people to Him and closer to Him. :)

He hasn't told me anything against scripture and sometimes uses scripture,.. but actually He spends more time just being my friend and helping me out in my life when I need it. It's just sometimes I doubt whether or not something is going to come true,.. but so far it has.

Not physic and He only tells me what I need to know when I need to hear it not when I want to. I just keep hearing a voice in my head every so often and I was starting to worry that I was going nuts. So was my fiancée, but not now. WAY too many things have happened to us that haven't been coincidences. Couldn't have. I have known things about people's pasts without them even telling me. That's another thing too, this spiritual gift helps others out as well as me and my own life.

That's the Holy Spirit. You are blessed.

I was saved back in 2007, when I was dealing with a drug addiction. But I never pursued it any farther, and backslid somewhat, but I've been 100% drug-free since then. Funny thing though, my wife was a secular Democrat when we married, and I was a Republican. We are polar opposites in everything, but haven't had one cross word between us in 15 years.

She voted for Obama in 2008 but then realized what a horrible President he was, and became a Republican. Then she got involved in the Methodist church and became very passionate about it, even becoming the Chair of the administrative council and lay leader of the UMC church she goes to. I support what she does, although I don't attend much, except on Easter, Christmas, or other events.

No. Then again I haven’t had any faith in more than 21 years.

I will say that the strength of faith in many members of my family does make me nauseated at times.

Can you prove anything that has happened to you that doesn't have a natural explanation?

Can you tell me something you know about me that could prove your spiritual gift you claim to have?

Nope! Not until He tells me and lets me know and needing proof for His existence isn't faith.

and then He gives me an earful.

Oh yeah! I once didn't want to do something I was being asked to do...I got pestered all friggan night! It was like somebody poking me every time I was just falling asleep.

I finally sat up in bed & yelled "FINE...I'LL DO IT...JUST LET ME SLEEP"!

i was allowed to sleep after that...got up the next morning and did it.

Forum List

Back