Does Israel really belong to the Jews?

I am not a Middle East scholar. I dabble and have interest. My thoughts are that the British gave a small portion of "Palestine" to the Jews because they were tired of the Irgun terrorizing them. Now legitimized, they, we, penalize the Palestinians because they use terror to attempt to gain freedom. We should all abhor terrorism.

Why does the US support Israel so adamantly? I completely agree that we need a strong ally in the Middle East. But should we look the other way while our ally continuously, with our UN veto protection, defies resolutions regarding their actions and occupation? For biblical reasons? Is the political state of Israel the "great nation" of Abraham? And does the Christian faith support occupation and blockade of a people?

I love Jews. I love Arabs. I love blacks, whites, Mexicans etc. But I'm growing weary of the one sided heavy handed treatment of the poor souls, who are not all terrorists, in Palestine.

Thoughts...

Possession is nine/tenths of the law.

I'm getting tired of the losers in several wars whining because they lost their lands due to their own aggression.

How can the Muslims and Christians that had be living in Palestine for dozens or more generations be considered aggressors? They were invaded by Europeans of the Jewish faith starting in the mid to late 1800s and have been defending themselves against the Jewish aggressor ever since.

can you describe that "invasion"? a bit after jews "invaded" Palestine----ie late 19th
century-------there was an INVASION into New York city from some of the southern states
of the USA------some blacks migrated because there were jobs available to them------
There were people in New York City who referred to the migration as an INVASION----
and decided that hanging a few blacks from lampposts would be a reasonable "defense"

There were many places in the USA where migration of Irish persons from
the famine in Ireland to the USA------was called an "INVASION"-----so they went
on campaigns to deprive Irish persons of jobs and housing ---etc

the jews who "invaded" Palestine in the late 19th century were a mixed group---
both European and those who were fleeing more local shariah cesspits. There is no
time in history that Palestine did not harbor Jewish communities-----especially in those
cities jews consider "holy" first and foremost----Jerusalem, ---and then hebron and
safed -------there was a period of time when Hebron had no jews-----in 1929 the
jewish community there was genocided out of existence by your colleagues----and did
not return until 1967---------for 38 years------islamo Nazi pigs managed to keep
jews out of Hebron-------and for 19 years out of east Jerusalem-------. It is a precedent---
one of MANY MANY-----------the world tolerates people being KICKED OUT ------
considering the fact that islamo Nazi pigs did MOST of the kicking out ------it is
interesting that they like to make "kicking out" a phenomenon of which they imagine
themselves THE VICTIM

Such vitriol.

Some here are standing on religious beliefs. Some zealots, some merely believing what they were taught as a child. If there is such a thing as a questioning Christian... I am one. To the religious: If one does not believe in your Holy manuscripts... they also don't buy your arguments based on them. So leave religion out of it and argue known facts.

I don't know what I expected in the way of response but I have certainly been educated as to the disdain, distrust and disgust one side has for the other. I'm not sure why my feeling it here is different as opposed to reading it in the news or seeing it on television.. but I feel it now. I have been labeled quite a few things here in this thread. I think there were only two posts that trusted that I was simply an outsider trying to understand. I knew my original post was slanted against the Jews... not because I don't like them, honestly, because I view them as the financially richer, better armed, US supported... bigger dog. I tend to always favor the underdog. As was reiterated by one, I am certainly no middle east scholar. I failed to view this as an Arab v Jew conflict, I viewed it as a small v big dog fight. My question of does Israel belong to the Jews was more of a question about a Biblical promise and a political state. I am anonymous here and owe no one anything on this site or in the middle east. If I were clearly this or that I would have proudly proclaimed it.

I do not fear for mine or my children's lives. I do not wonder if an aimless rocket or pinpoint missile will destroy all I love or have. So I will never fully understand the fear that motivates these two sides. My fears are not even on the chart comparatively.

I don't fully understand Zionism nor obviously have I studied the crisis and it's history near enough. I am not a peace or war monger. I served in the US Army as a young man and would have laid down my life for the liberties my country affords. It hurts my heart to see children scared, crying, hurt and dying. Regardless of faith or nationality. Mothers and fathers weeping over lost children is universal. I cannot understand a word they are saying... but I fully understand the pain in their voice and eyes.

My apologies for stirring some to anger. It was not my intention.

Such vitriol.

Some here are standing on religious beliefs. Some zealots, some merely believing what they were taught as a child. If there is such a thing as a questioning Christian... I am one. To the religious: If one does not believe in your Holy manuscripts... they also don't buy your arguments based on them. So leave religion out of it and argue known facts.

I don't know what I expected in the way of response but I have certainly been educated as to the disdain, distrust and disgust one side has for the other. I'm not sure why my feeling it here is different as opposed to reading it in the news or seeing it on television.. but I feel it now. I have been labeled quite a few things here in this thread. I think there were only two posts that trusted that I was simply an outsider trying to understand. I knew my original post was slanted against the Jews... not because I don't like them, honestly, because I view them as the financially richer, better armed, US supported... bigger dog. I tend to always favor the underdog. As was reiterated by one, I am certainly no middle east scholar. I failed to view this as an Arab v Jew conflict, I viewed it as a small v big dog fight. My question of does Israel belong to the Jews was more of a question about a Biblical promise and a political state. I am anonymous here and owe no one anything on this site or in the middle east. If I were clearly this or that I would have proudly proclaimed it.

I do not fear for mine or my children's lives. I do not wonder if an aimless rocket or pinpoint missile will destroy all I love or have. So I will never fully understand the fear that motivates these two sides. My fears are not even on the chart comparatively.

I don't fully understand Zionism nor obviously have I studied the crisis and it's history near enough. I am not a peace or war monger. I served in the US Army as a young man and would have laid down my life for the liberties my country affords. It hurts my heart to see children scared, crying, hurt and dying. Regardless of faith or nationality. Mothers and fathers weeping over lost children is universal. I cannot understand a word they are saying... but I fully understand the pain in their voice and eyes.

My apologies for stirring some to anger. It was not my intention.

I also don't like to see the Palestinian dead children. For that I blame Hamas more than Israel. It's their own people and even if they used their children as human shields in ONE case, that's one case too many because it's their own people. As for who's richer, it's true Israel is well-off, but the Arab nations have all that oil-money. I believe I read one time that Saudi Arabia and Kuwait are so rich they don't even tax their citizens. Even if they viewed Palestinians not as brothers but as cousins, they could help them out somewhat. As someone whose dad lost his entire family, whose mother was once a refugee, I believe that Jews need one place on Earth that they can call their own. If the Palestinians would have acted like rational people, I think the land could have been shared. Maybe that can still happen one day.

I do not believe you Scott. I know you very well----you gave yourself away ----DA JOOOOOS
GOT DA MONEY AND DA POWER -----I grew up with people like you-----and ---I also
served in the US navy with people like you. as did my father and my son. You cannot
grow up in the USA as a Christian and serve in the military with "KNOWING"
that which you "KNOW" about DA JOOOOOOOS. Why do you lie? You need not----now--
just for my own curiosity---when did you first KNOW---that da joooos got money and ---and
power---and run the banks ----and CONTROL THE MEDIA?-----when did you first learn
----DA JOOOOS KILLED JESUS?

I do not believe you Scott. I know you very well----you gave yourself away ----DA JOOOOOS
served in the US navy with people like you. as did my father and my son. You cannot
just for my own curiosity---when did you first KNOW---that da joooos got money and ---and
power---and run the banks ----and CONTROL THE MEDIA?-----when did you first learn

You poor closed minded soul. It matters not whether you believe me. At first read I would swear you were my ex wife... although she was not Jewish. She spouted closed minded venom in all directions also. The media... which is the only way I have the opportunity to view the middle east... shows me hovels in Gaza and US type living conditions in Israel and it reports aimless (cheap) rockets vs expensive rockets, etc. from Israel.. so therefore I deduce the Jews have more money for arms than do the Gaza people. Is the word "Jew" offensive? I did not think it was so I'm not sure why you play with the words "da jooos"? I don't know you, but I have plenty of my own money... but I certainly don't begrudge you if you are Jewish and also wealthy. I'm going to assume from your rhetoric that you are a Jew... and I don't think for a minute that your nationality or religion as a whole controls my (US) media or banks... nor do I care. Close your mouth and open your mind. I'm not looking for a fight. If you are.. please take it up with someone who has an opposing view.. not someone with a fairly open mind. Take a deep breath and step back.

I can't believe I forgot to address the Jesus line... I am not bound by hatred based on any ancient events, Biblical or otherwise. Your God and mine are the same...sooo.. If the Jews Killed Jesus... it was our Gods will. No church I ever attended spoke poorly of Jews.

I can't believe I forgot to address the Jesus line... I am not bound by hatred based on any ancient events, Biblical or otherwise. Your God and mine are the same...sooo.. If the Jews Killed Jesus... it was our Gods will. No church I ever attended spoke poorly of Jews.

try again Scott I will repeat----I grew up with people like you-----very good
Christians ----so good that they took me to church with them-----I colored cartoons of
jesus holding a lamb in "SUNDAY SCHOOL" I asked you specific questions which you
chose to evade ------When did you first know da jooos got the money and the power and run
the banks and control the media and killed jesus?? I did not live under a rock
for the past------well ---lots of years. I did not ask you if the topic of the sunday
sermon was ever "let's hate da jooos" You grew up in the USA----with the English
literature----ie of England and the USA-----you did not even need a hate sermon-----
if you know how to read and bothered to do it. AND you certainly did not need
a Jew HATE sermon if you served in the USA military

I am not a Middle East scholar. I dabble and have interest. My thoughts are that the British gave a small portion of "Palestine" to the Jews because they were tired of the Irgun terrorizing them. Now legitimized, they, we, penalize the Palestinians because they use terror to attempt to gain freedom. We should all abhor terrorism.

Why does the US support Israel so adamantly? I completely agree that we need a strong ally in the Middle East. But should we look the other way while our ally continuously, with our UN veto protection, defies resolutions regarding their actions and occupation? For biblical reasons? Is the political state of Israel the "great nation" of Abraham? And does the Christian faith support occupation and blockade of a people?

I love Jews. I love Arabs. I love blacks, whites, Mexicans etc. But I'm growing weary of the one sided heavy handed treatment of the poor souls, who are not all terrorists, in Palestine.

Thoughts...

My thoughts are that the British gave a small portion of "Palestine" to the Jews

1) Palestine was not Britain's to give away.

2) Britain did not give any land to the Jews.

Christians ----so good that they took me to church with them-----I colored cartoons of
jesus holding a lamb in "SUNDAY SCHOOL" I asked you specific questions which you
chose to evade ------When did you first know da jooos got the money and the power and run
for the past------well ---lots of years. I did not ask you if the topic of the sunday
sermon was ever "let's hate da jooos" You grew up in the USA----with the English
literature----ie of England and the USA-----you did not even need a hate sermon-----

Peace and good luck to you.

Peace and good luck to you.

thanks scott------I am available for any questions you have. ----feel free to ask

God gave it to the Jews. It's as simple as that.

You are bold to speak for God.

Not certain this will help but even the Koran, compiled 1400 years ago, states that Israel belongs to the Jews.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...x4HwDA&usg=AFQjCNFNGsAB4hn80_I3AgRzsOKkSujc_A

You missed it----scott came up with the islamo Nazi classic-----
THE BIG BAD POWERFUL RICH JEWS DID IT. -----He has the classic wasp version of history.

I know him well-----I grew up in a town that still had "restricted" areas when I was a kid----
-----a kind of "GENTLEMAN's AGREEMENT" sort of place ---it was ok----I went to church and
even to the local restricted swimming pool------as a guest of wasps------I simply had to avoid
mentioning my last name

You are bold to speak for God.

Not certain this will help but even the Koran, compiled 1400 years ago, states that Israel belongs to the Jews.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...x4HwDA&usg=AFQjCNFNGsAB4hn80_I3AgRzsOKkSujc_A

THE BIG BAD POWERFUL RICH JEWS DID IT. -----He has the classic wasp version of history.

I know him well-----I grew up in a town that still had "restricted" areas when I was a kid----
-----a kind of "GENTLEMAN's AGREEMENT" sort of place ---it was ok----I went to church and
even to the local restricted swimming pool------as a guest of wasps------I simply had to avoid
mentioning my last name

Rosie, not everyone who claims to be a Christian is. Not all who serve Christ serve him from a pure heart. One or two signs you are encountering a true Christian. You say, Jesus was a Jew and the Christian breaks out in a joyful expression and says, I know! Isn't it wonderful?! You say, I'm a Jew and they say, Praise God! Your people were given the oracles of G-d, you are the seed of Abraham! Hold on...

One more way you know you are encountering a true Christian. They do not use their tongues to slander the Jews or others.

Last edited:

mentioning my last name

Rosie, not everyone who claims to be a Christian is. Not all who serve Christ serve him from a pure heart. One or two signs you are encountering a true Christian. You say, Jesus was a Jew and the Christian breaks out in a joyful expression and says, I know! Isn't wonderful?! You say, I'm a Jew and they say, Praise God! Your people were given the oracles of G-d, you are the seed of Abraham! Hold on...

One more way you know you are encountering a true Christian. They do not use their tongues to slander the Jews or others.

I know that, Jeremiah------I am referring to the situation which DOES exist for many people
in the USA and which has caused lots of misery and LOADS of ignorance-----it just happens---
I did experience it -------to some extent, as a kid------some of the people deep in the system
were actually nice----but many were just too dim to understand that they were mired in a cesspit
NOT OF THEIR OWN MAKING----but a cesspit nevertheless

mentioning my last name

Rosie, not everyone who claims to be a Christian is. Not all who serve Christ serve him from a pure heart. One or two signs you are encountering a true Christian. You say, Jesus was a Jew and the Christian breaks out in a joyful expression and says, I know! Isn't wonderful?! You say, I'm a Jew and they say, Praise God! Your people were given the oracles of G-d, you are the seed of Abraham! Hold on...

I know that, Jeremiah------I am referring to the situation which DOES exist for many people
in the USA and which has caused lots of misery and LOADS of ignorance-----it just happens---
I did experience it -------to some extent, as a kid------some of the people deep in the system
were actually nice----but many were just too dim to understand that they were mired in a cesspit
NOT OF THEIR OWN MAKING----but a cesspit nevertheless

I'm sorry for the ignorance of others which you had to suffer - as a child. It is a real shame, Rosie. Perhaps if they had read their bibles instead of depending on others to tell them what it said things would have been different. I"m glad you made it through in spite of them.

Jews have been around for about 4,000 years; they've occupied what is now Israel for about 25% of that time.
Doesn't sound like they care that much about the place.

Jews have been around for about 4,000 years; they've occupied what is now Israel for about 25% of that time.
Doesn't sound like they care that much about the place.

Deuteronomy 4:27-31 states, "And the LORD shall scatter you among the nations, and ye shall be left few in number . . . ."

Ezekiel 37:21

"Say to them, 'Thus says the Lord GOD, "Behold, I will take the sons of Israel from among the nations where they have gone, and I will gather them from every side and bring them into their own land;

Yes Israel belongs to the Jews and they will never leave again.
Even the Koran says that the Land belongs to the Jews.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back