does cosmic imperfection prove god doesnt exist?

No, that's all YOU can observe, possibly because it's the only thing you're TRYING to observe.
It is what it is, my dear.

Yup, and what it is is you mistaking your hostile bias as factual and meaningful.
So what was i wrong about?
I just worded it in a way that offended you. Thats what i always do :dunno:
Or maybe its just offensive to you in general? Even though thats what happened?
Denial should be the 11th commandment.

You were wrong about everything. You were also offensive and snotty, but that's a separate matter. I'm accustomed to talking to people who take any challenge to their treasured ignorance as a call to attack.
I wasnt wrong. And you know it. My language just must have triggered your sensibilities. Its ok. It happens to the best of us.

Your ability to declare that you weren't wrong doesn't change the fact that you were, and it CERTAINLY doesn't change my awareness of it. And I could not possibly care less if you want to believe I think with my emotions just because you do. That would require me to care what you think - or what you emote and consider thinking - and I don't.

But belief exists because of common sense, and logic.
That's faith. Knowledge exists because of evidence.

No, evidence confirms knowledge.

Common sense makes you realise that God exists. After you understand that God exists, things get out of control, your mind becomes stunned and perplexed. Then it's time to "believe", to have "faith" and to love. But evidence is something else. Evidence confirms knowledge, the knowledge that you find in some religious book that you read when you understood that God existed. That understanding and that reading was at the first stage (common sense).

At this rate, he'll have no one left to post to.
What about the gods and baby jebus?

Actually, sometimes I could get into the notion of Gods. A whole committee of them, looking down at us, arguing, debating amongst themselves. Deciding our destinies.

Nothing ever really gets done effectively by committee, though, so probably not.

It worked out in Jason and the Argonauts.

Consensus.

Pffft. I don't believe for a second that's the way it actually went, assuming for a second that I believe it actually happened at all. When you get right down to it, that's the only place governance by committee DOES work: in a fiction writer's imagination.

The elements we are made of exist because of cosmic imperfection. Such as a star exploding creating carbon. In fact, most elements on earth were created from star explosions.
If the cosmos was perfect, would any of this (reality) even exist?
I bring this up because according to theologians, their god is perfect. Which, obviously, gets contradicted by what i posted above.
Is their god really not perfect? Was his story really just made up by desert savages who had to explain things they didnt understand? Or is science wrong?

Hmm, well, show me an instance of a dude taking a pile of steel 4x4’, putting a 60 point pile of TNT on it, blowing it up and producing a 9 horse power outbord. Folks go at organized religion this way allot. Some stuff we just don’t know. But I still haven’t seen anything nice come from a big ass explosion. Mostly just a mess.
Your existence was made possible by the "big ass" explosion of a star -

How star stuff got to Earth

When it has exhausted its supply of hydrogen, it can die in a violent explostion, called a nova. The explosion of a massive star, called a supernova, can be billions of times as bright as the Sun , according to "Supernova," (World Book, Inc., 2005). Such a stellar explosion throws a large cloud of dust and gas into space, with the amount and composition of the material expelled varying depending on the type of supernova.

That's where the elements that made you possible came from. Stars cook um and then spit um like a camel

I get that you're responding to someone else's post, but I honestly have to jump in really quickly and ask: what's your point?
He said: "i havent seen anything nice come from a big ass explosion"

The elements on earth came from stars exploding, and we're made of them.

I see. Well, I have the guy on ignore, so I can only see his posts when I go to quote YOUR post; and because he's someone I have on ignore, I don't bother reading that closely. So thanks for the clarification.

Lol.

The elements we are made of exist because of cosmic imperfection. Such as a star exploding creating carbon. In fact, most elements on earth were created from star explosions.
I bring this up because according to theologians, their god is perfect. Which, obviously, gets contradicted by what i posted above.
Is their god really not perfect? Was his story really just made up by desert savages who had to explain things they didnt understand? Or is science wrong?

Hmm, well, show me an instance of a dude taking a pile of steel 4x4’, putting a 60 point pile of TNT on it, blowing it up and producing a 9 horse power outbord. Folks go at organized religion this way allot. Some stuff we just don’t know. But I still haven’t seen anything nice come from a big ass explosion. Mostly just a mess.
Your existence was made possible by the "big ass" explosion of a star -

How star stuff got to Earth

When it has exhausted its supply of hydrogen, it can die in a violent explostion, called a nova. The explosion of a massive star, called a supernova, can be billions of times as bright as the Sun , according to "Supernova," (World Book, Inc., 2005). Such a stellar explosion throws a large cloud of dust and gas into space, with the amount and composition of the material expelled varying depending on the type of supernova.

That's where the elements that made you possible came from. Stars cook um and then spit um like a camel

I get that you're responding to someone else's post, but I honestly have to jump in really quickly and ask: what's your point?
He said: "i havent seen anything nice come from a big ass explosion"

The elements on earth came from stars exploding, and we're made of them.

So what’s the point then?

At this rate, he'll have no one left to post to.
What about the gods and baby jebus?

Actually, sometimes I could get into the notion of Gods. A whole committee of them, looking down at us, arguing, debating amongst themselves. Deciding our destinies.

Nothing ever really gets done effectively by committee, though, so probably not.

It worked out in Jason and the Argonauts.

Consensus.

Pffft. I don't believe for a second that's the way it actually went, assuming for a second that I believe it actually happened at all. When you get right down to it, that's the only place governance by committee DOES work: in a fiction writer's imagination.

I'd like to believe it.

What we have here is an oxymoron.
In Greek, cosmos means, orderly. So, could God create orderly imperfection? < That would be, "imperfection" that follows a pattern. The answer is yes, and then use the result of the pattern to create what was necessary for the next step in His plan. In your example, that would be carbon.
It may look like imperfection to us, but it is a process to God. For every action, there is a reaction.
God knew exactly what was necessary to introduce carbon into the mix, in spectacular fashion. So what may seem random and chaotic, or imperfect to our lesser minds, was just "creating" to God's perfect scientific mind.
When other stars explode, could he be making more life?
I do question his scientific mind though. Didnt he create plants before the sun? Also, he created light before the sun. How does that work? Hehe

The sun is only one source of light. It is not the concept of light itself.

It is what it is, my dear.

Yup, and what it is is you mistaking your hostile bias as factual and meaningful.

You were wrong about everything. You were also offensive and snotty, but that's a separate matter. I'm accustomed to talking to people who take any challenge to their treasured ignorance as a call to attack.
I wasnt wrong. And you know it. My language just must have triggered your sensibilities. Its ok. It happens to the best of us.

Your ability to declare that you weren't wrong doesn't change the fact that you were, and it CERTAINLY doesn't change my awareness of it. And I could not possibly care less if you want to believe I think with my emotions just because you do. That would require me to care what you think - or what you emote and consider thinking - and I don't.
You have said i was wrong multiple times and have done nothing to prove yourself.
Let me break it down for you.
The council of nicea put together the bible as qe know it today.
The chapters were written by desert savages that fucked their family and wiped their ass with their hand. Hell, they STILL do that to this day. Hek, turkey just legalized toilet paper a few years ago.
Now, this is where you show me where im wrong.

Last edited:

You have said i was wrong multiple times and have done nothing to prove yourself.
Let me break it down for you.
The council of nicea put together the bible as qe know it today.
The chapters were written by desert savages that fucked their family and wiped their ass with their hand. Hell, they STILL do that to this day. Hek, turkey just legalized toilet paper a few years ago.
No, this is where you show me where im wrong.

That’s typical of show Christians. They read the left behind series and then proclaim them selves bible experts. That, or make threads demonstrating they are good Christians because they switched churches, and that it makes them MORE holey. Typical behavior from a typical sit at home. Far as the Bible go’s, when I go to lunch and post ya some stuff. You can cut and paste it into google and get some good stuff from many different sides and approaches.

does cosmic imperfection prove god doesnt exist?
why does it have to be a "god?".....maybe a super advanced civilization, so advanced we would be like Amoebas to them, put us here .....

ACTUALLY, you are still missing the point. No one has ever denied that God, being omnipotent, has the ability to make humans into puppets with no free will who do exactly what God prefers at all times. So thank you SO much for repeatedly "correcting" us on something no one has ever said. Not a giant waste of time at all.

:lol: You dummy. Stop putting words into my mouth just because you can't escape the point made.

Let me try this again, a little slower so you can keep up.

If

god

is

omnipotent,

he

has

the

ability

to

make

humans

virtuous

without

reducing

us

to

puppets

who

lack

free

will.

So it is no excuse to claim that god simply wants to leave it to us to decide for ourselves. Because by saying that, you are claiming that god is not actually omnipotent. So you are, in fact, proving the tri-omni dilemma. You can have two of the omni traits, but you can't have all three.

I don’t believe happiness would have any meaning without sadness.

So you don't believe god has the power to give happiness meaning in a way that requires sadness? Fair enough. But that means that god isn't omnipotent.

And pray tell, why would God do that? Why would God force you to be virtuous? Why would God make it so that your existence was devoid of suffering?

If god is omnibenevolent, then he would tolerate neither evil nor suffering that is in his ability to change.

No, evidence confirms knowledge.
Ass backwards wrong. We don't have the knowledge without first gaining evidence, and then following it. Add this to the list of crackpot, absurd things you have said in this thread.

Common sense makes you realise that God exists.
No it doesnt. Oops, no way to tell who is right.... A sure sign that it's utter nonsenae...

Of what? Why does the universe owe you a "purpose"?

Why would the universe owe me anything?
Thats what I asked you! So why are you looking for a "point"?

Just asking if there is one. So sub atomic particles blast around and we are made of stardust. What’s the point of debating that or even caring ? It’s spring. Weather is mostly nice.

Of what? Why does the universe owe you a "purpose"?

Why would the universe owe me anything?
Thats what I asked you! So why are you looking for a "point"?

Just asking if there is one. So sub atomic particles blast around and we are made of stardust. What’s the point of debating that or even caring ? It’s spring. Weather is mostly nice.
Haha, gotcha.

Forum List

Back