Does anyone remember Connie Francis?

Francis was raped at the Jericho Turnpike Howard Johnson's Lodge in NY and nearly suffocated to death under the weight of a heavy mattress the culprit had thrown upon her. She subsequently sued the motel chain for failing to provide adequate security. She reportedly won a $2.5 million judgment, at the time one of the largest such judgments in history, leading to a reform in hotel security. lotta courage. later on she did a concert near the scene

Yeah the good ole days when women were only allowed to be nurses, teachers or entertainers.

I guess the welfare check you get beats my 6 figure salary as a nurse. You worthless piece of shit! It really sucks that I have to support you!

Last edited:
I read her bio. lot of tragedy in her life

Francis was raped at the Jericho Turnpike Howard Johnson's Lodge in NY and nearly suffocated to death under the weight of a heavy mattress the culprit had thrown upon her. She subsequently sued the motel chain for failing to provide adequate security. She reportedly won a $2.5 million judgment, at the time one of the largest such judgments in history, leading to a reform in hotel security. lotta courage. later on she did a concert near the scene

Yeah, I don't think she ever made a complete recovery. I saw on some show a few years after and you could tell she had problems.

Ah yes! The late 50's and eary 60's were the best of times. Connie's music is like a passport back to those carefree days. Loved throwing those nickels and dimes in the juke boxes, and sharing a malt with a favorite gal. Pizza was 15 cents a slice and two slices for 25 cents.

Forum List

Back