Does anyone own an iPhone X? Is it worth it?

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
I am curious if anyone owns an iPhone X and if you think it is worth 200 bucks more than iPhone 8. From what I have read the only new things are Face ID and turning your face into an Animoji. Are there other features that make it worth the price?

Rumor has it they will discontinue the X, completely, before the end of the year, when they introduce they're "next big thing" . They're not even planning on offering for a discount like they've done with previous models.

The Mrs. and I both just got the Galaxy Note 8 and have no complaints.

I have the iPhone X. I like the small form factor. The Animoji s I’ve used them a few times. Nothing to write home about. Face ID is faster than using the button to unlock. I watch a lot of YouTube videos. In landscape mode the notch bugs the hell out of me. Other than that I really like it. The iPhone 8 has the same processor as the x. So speed will be the same.

Rumor has it they will discontinue the X, completely, before the end of the year, when they introduce they're "next big thing" . They're not even planning on offering for a discount like they've done with previous models.

The Mrs. and I both just got the Galaxy Note 8 and have no complaints.
That was my first choice the galaxy note 8. Have not heard anything bad about it really. The only thing I dislike about androids. After a year they do tend to slow down some. I give iPhone a year or so. If it lets me down I’ll go back to android. The Samsung x is the one I’m coming waiting on.

• Banned
I have the iPhone X. I like the small form factor. The Animoji s I’ve used them a few times. Nothing to write home about. Face ID is faster than using the button to unlock. I watch a lot of YouTube videos. In landscape mode the notch bugs the hell out of me. Other than that I really like it. The iPhone 8 has the same processor as the x. So speed will be the same.
So it's the weight and feel you like about it more than any particular features?

Mostly the form factor. That and it’s easy to slip in the front pocket. When you do pick it up and hold it. You know you have a well built and quality product. Nothing wrong with the 8 if you want to save a few bucks.

I think they made a big mistake getting rid of the headphone jack. I don't want to have to use an adapter to enjoy a feature that I used to get without any extra effort!

Forum List

Back